Crello Reviews

Crello

Cloud-based graphic design, photo editing and animation tool

Crello

Review Summary

Pros

The best part is the video maker, omg videos are amazing, from Facebook cover videos through any social media post and story videos, they really help me to stand out from the competition.

Bojana L.

Videos are especially important to me since I am a dance teacher and a school owner and it’s important to showcase our classes and performances in a fun and easy way, or in a form of a teaser.

Bojana L.

This is the most simple and easy way to make them. I have tried tools like pixteller, stencil but this is the most powerful and by far the best tool to create graphics.

Rithvik P.

Cons

I have not learned the entire program yet, but some of the text boxes are hard to manipulate and modify from my experience but it could just be my lack of using them.

Melissa B.

They lied about the plan and they lied for trying to get more profit. They are the same team behind Depositphotos and they also are doing the same stuff not paying the photographers.

The only issue I have with Crello is the inability to search for photos in the same way I could on a stock photo site. There are some categories, but I need a more granular approach to searching.

Anita K.

This program has single handedly doubled my business.

Pros

Animated posts used to take me hours to make! This software has a gajillion customizable premade and properly sized posts for every social outlet. Crello's my little ace in the hole!

Cons

Nothing. Swear. It's so easy to use, sorry i dont haveanything worse to say.

Crello Makes Social Images & Videos Easy

Very good, these guys have stable platform for developing images and short videos for websites, social media and more. Get and account and start producing very professional looking ad creatives and more in minutes!

Pros

Many preset designs to choose from. We don't always use them, but they are an absolute blessing when it comes to getting your creative juices flowing. We do find the seasonal and holiday based posts to be awesome. We use these and recycle them for different clients to keep each account fresh and on point with the season.

Cons

Could have more designs to work from, but you know what their layouts are highly customizable so you can certainly get out there an make your own and customize one for a different use fast and very easily. From concept to posting, this is a great platform for any agency looking to crank out social assets for their clients.

No fue lo que anhelaba.

Lamentablemente no fue lo que anhelaba, me decepcioné con la prueba gratis donde debía mostrarse lo mejor de la aplicación parecía que estaba utilizando un software caducado. Además nunca recibí un mensaje previo antes de cobrar la suscripción, simplemente cuando ya lo hicieron efectivo el cobro recibí la copia a mi correo del débito y lo correcto es recibir un recordatorio antes , hasta para que Crello conozca si la experiencia está siendo satisfactoria o no del usuario y no esperar a que reclame el reembolso y así recién conocer el porque de la insatisfacción.

Pros

La atención a mi reclamo para el reembolso por el valor total de mi suscripción.

Cons

La dificultad para encontrar las plantillas, la insuficiente variedad en la cantidad de imágenes para mis diseños, el botón de búsqueda no pudo acceder por ejemplo a plantillas para "Post Instagram".

Truly inspiring visual creatives

I only have good things to say about my experience with Crello. The small inconveniences that I have experienced are not enough to takeaway from me using Crello for a long time to come. I love being able to whip out a creative in as little as 5 minutes!

Pros

Crello is my go to software for creating my social media and marketing creatives. It makes the process so quick and easy, I could actually spend hours in the software just trying new things. I love the templates that they continue to provide in the sofrware, with new inspirational templates being released constantly. I consider myself creative, however sometimes I need a little bit of inspiration...

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to select elements that have been layered towards the back of the canvas. In the end to resolve the issue I would have to move all the layers/elements in front of it to get to the desired element. A layer selection tab would be ideal to resolve this - which I have requested to their support (who are very responsive and quick to answer any issues I have). Also due to the sheer number of templates/formats they provide, it also takes some time to find the right template that I want to use. It would be great if the software remembered my most used template (or even a "Recently used" section would be ideal).

Wonderful solution

Pros

I really like the existing templates, which are very interesting as a source of inspiration. I also find very useful and resourceful as there is a plethora of video, images, designs, etc.

Cons

I do not like the fact that we cannot customize animations' colors and that sometimes it is difficult to align objects using the given ruler and guidelines.

Creating with Crello is Instinctive

I have other design software, but CRELLO was by far the easiest to learn and with its features--like FULL video in HD, I do NOT see myself using any others in the near future.

Pros

Templates,...What an easy way for a non-designer to make a splash on social media. In less than 20 mins. I had an add for Facebook, Instagram, AND Twitter to post for my event!

Cons

I realized that this software was very much like others--Canva, is one that comes to mind. So, though I love what it does do--I had hoped it would offer more--like e-book book covers or product covers--for online product downloads. Still, since I was able to PURCHASE this product (due to its low cost), I choose to use it.

An easy to use graphics tool for marketers

I use Crello to create professional looking graphics for my social media platforms. I am not really using it much to do graphics for my sites, but for the social media platforms, it is awesome.

Pros

I need weekly content for several Facebook fan pages and Crello has made this so much easier. This is a great way to quickly pump out a lot of professional looking graphics for your social media platforms. There are lots of free templates and it has a very clean and easy to use UI.

Cons

Can't copy and paste (like on Canva) from one document/project to another. You cannot control opacity on your grahics, that is definitely needed. No background removal tool - But I believe this will happen though.

Crello's Templates are top notch. Let's hope they keep improving.

When it works it is wonderful. It can be frustrating when design elements won't load but I overall I find it an important part to quickly create headers and illustrations for blog and social media content.

Pros

Crellos's template library is pretty awesome. It can help create professional looking images and video in a matter of minutes. The rest of the tools are pretty basic but they work well considering the idea is to modify the template to your needs. I really like that it doesn't limit itself to images, but can also be used to create video, and includes access to high quality stock elements.

Cons

The main issue I have while using Crello is that sometimes design elements won't load. I really really hope they can improve on this because it can make using the tool frustrating from time to time. Some template elements sometimes cannot be changed in color, or do not provide color alternatives to match your brand.

Say hi to the new era design tool

I spend most of my time on Crello. Whenever I get the time and I have some ideas on my mind for any infographics Crello is right there in front of me to recreate my thoughts in real life. The experience has been very nice. Just after using it for a few months, I can say that this is way better than Canva and will get better each day.

Pros

First and foremost, the really amazing thing about Crello is that it offers this unique out of the box ability to create animated images and graphics for your social media profiles like face and Instagram. It also gives us a ton of animation effects, backgrounds, layouts, and pre-made templates that you will never fall short of any single element for life. The best part is it is all on the cloud, so no more system lag.

Cons

The android app for this could have been better and it would have been great if we could create SVG graphics as the trend for SVG is growing day by day for web designing industries.

Best for Social Media Designs

I was using a different tool for my social media posts but Crello offered me more templates, better and animated designs and frequent updates.

Pros

Its modern and fancy templates. I´ve been a user for less than 6 months and I think they seem to add new functionalities every month.

Cons

Maybe the fact that among so many templates it´s easy to get lost. But it´s still user-friendly.

One of the best tools for social media images and videos, with monthly stock photos included

We use Crello to create the images and media accompanying our social media posts and blog posts. There are many similar tools available, but we realized most of our time was spent finding the right image to use. Having 5 stock photos per month already included in our plan makes it easier for us to just search through the whole photos catalog and pick a few alternatives without worrying about the price. We are a small team so we didn't really need brand guides or brand asset management in our design tool.

Pros

Crello is incredibly easy to use and includes thousands of great templates for things like social media posts, flyers and even business cards. But what sets it apart from similar tools is that you can easily create videos for social media stories or posts with great video templates. The new Advanced subscription also gives you 5 paid stock photos (from DepositPhotos) per month, which for us really made the price worth it.

Cons

The interface might seem clunky compared to other tools that are more refined in terms of design. Navigating between sections could be easier, but once you are in design mode it is seamless and easy to use. Also, there's no way to manage brand assets like colors and typography like you get on Canva, and you have to get the Pro subscription to remove Crello branding from video.

Create Graphics in a Snap!

Can't believe I didn't know about Crello until this year, it has made managing my social accounts and creating graphics so SO much easier. It's a huge time saver and such a great source of inspiration day in and day out!!

Pros

I love Crello mostly because of the no-fuss ease of use! Hands down the easiest way to create any, literally ANY style graphic for any and all type of social platforms as well as graphics for prints, e-books, business cards, posters, flyers, whatever you can dream, you can make it. Also the fact that there are never any hidden fees unlike some other graphics tools used in the past, which made you pay...

Cons

It could have been user error, but when I clicked on a project and went to pick a different design, it completely changed my project without the possibility of going back to the original. In the e-book section, I don't like that it only gives you options to see designs for around 5- pages. But that's truly not a huge deal, as you can duplicate pages and page designs and keep on going. The zoom option...

Great for Graphics

Pros

Crello was a GAME-CHANGER for my business! The premade graphics are so AMAZING!!! The graphics can​ be changed to match your brand or your design aesthetic​. I have the pro version & it's definitely​ one of the best business investments I've made! I'm able to upload my own font's & I love that. Having Crello is like having a personal design team.

Cons

The only Con I can think of is the fact that there isn't a mobile version, but I prefer to use the computer, so it's not quite a Con.

Designing materials that accommodate your Business have never been so easy with Crello

I love this Software so much, it's so valuable for me.

Pros

I love the User Interface of Crello, it's friendly and eye-catchy. It doesn't irritate my eyes, it's so vivid. High-quality Photography. The Animated Post is a no-brainer for me, this is a jackpot for me because, for someone like me who needs new Branded Posts Ideas and who has never build gif files, Crello is a gift. It saved me so much time when creating new posts for my Social Media. If you're...

Cons

So far I've enjoyed using Crello, and for now, I loved using this Software, I do hope the Updates will always be there because the Digital Age is evolving, I would love to see Crello being there and not late for anything. So far, no cons for me.

Excellent tool for non graphic designer

Crello is really exiting to use and it allow you to become more productive. It's really simple to use and versatile.

Pros

Using Crello to create various design for virtual and other use is very easy. Crello is for those people who doesn't know graphics design. There is so many option to create design with versatility. Its saves your time because it has big collection of tools to make your work authentic. Crello allow you finish work quickly because you don't need to look for tool anywhere else. If anyone has idea how to create design for online marketing or other purpose they can use crello beautifully.

Cons

I love the tools collection of Crello, it's really huge and nice but I wish if could use all of them free. So many nice tool are not free.

Great option for someone with limited design skills

Overall it is positive and I have no interest in switching to anything else.

Pros

Crello offers programs that include graphics already paid for. Even if you don't have a plan, the images are very reasonable and you only pay for them once and have them forever. They can be found easily and manipulated. There are prebuilt templates for various holidays. Images can be easily resized for various social media needs. In addition, it has storage areas for my own images.

Cons

Even though animated images are included, I have had issues with downloading them and then uploading them to get them to work on social media.

Create Eye Catching Graphics without a Degree!

Some days the creativity is just not flowing. Crello ensures no one else knows that but you! Create content without digging to deep.

Pros

Where do I start! The templates are fabulous! The animation posts are engaging. Graphics are sized properly for each platform. If you are doing any type of marketing this software is worth the price. And now they have an app!!

Cons

I'm incredibly appreciative of the app! My only real complaint is you cannot edit a graphic that was created on the desktop in the app and you cannot edit a graphic on the desktop that was created in the app.

A absolute for Businesses that requires Designs

Simply Great.

Pros

It is a cloud software. It has tons and tons of templates. I know how to use photoshop and used to use it alot. Nowaday I just use trello. Select the design that you like and just edit it. Pro version also has team sharing and premium images that I love. Images can be resize in almost an instant.

Cons

It does has limitations such as cannot put shadow or border on fonts and objects. No chinese characters. Sometimes a little buggy.

Changed my game

Great tool, highly recommend.

Pros

I first subscribed to Crello over a year ago. There weren’t as many templates back then and I don’t think there was animation. I wanted to make visuals for my online course and everything I used before had repetitive content or difficult interface. With Crello, I found new pictures, and it was easy to edit them, for the most part. I missed a few functions like own font upload and saving my own templates. They’ve added font upload, and from what I can see the service updates the features to this day. What I enjoy are multiple page templates. When I’m making something for my course, it’s great that I can see everything I am making in one flow, on one page. That helps a lot. Overall, I like Crello, right now I think it’s my go-to. Especially since PicMonkey went almost all-paid.

Cons

Sometimes a design wouldn’t load for me and I had to click Try again a few times before it saved the picture I made.

A must use for marketers

Pros

The features and templates are great, also the media library is huge. It is a very modern tool, up to date to the latest content standards.

Cons

The production process has crushed more times than I would like it to- sometimes everything freezes because of this. And there is not a mobile version which makes life a bit difficult. ...

Pretty decent design tool for novice animator/videographer

Overall, I still use Crello free version from time to time, because it allows me to quickly design and upload beautiful designs for my clients. As a former paid subscriber, I probably won't be reenrolling as a paid member unless Crello updates its contents to make me comeback. Until then, I'll be a paid member with Canva.

Pros

Crello is super easy to use even without any technical background. It allows novice designers to create beautiful​ contents for social media platforms, websites, and for any office-related documents (powerpoints, flyers, business cards, etc.). I've also used their premium function for video animation design, which is a big plus to stand out.

Cons

I was on paid monthly subscription​ but Crello's video/animation designs weren't very good for a couple of reasons​. 1. The templates are very limited so most people using this app/tool uploads the same contents. 2. Customizing on video/animation has very little room to play with, thus making the contents a little off topic. 3. Compared to Canva, graphics​ and icon selections are limited​ making the entire process much longer to finish. However, other than that I believe the ​free version of Crello is enough to do decent design work.

The most incredible Content Creation tool for businesses!

Pros

The animation and video features are First class in the market. I've been a heavy user for our business and I can already see the value the tool brings to us. We've seen increase in engagement, which in turn increased conversions once more people started getting into our funnels. Without Crello, we would have lost $$. I can honestly tell you this is the best tool.

Cons

The upload section can be glitchy... I've spent a good hour trying to get it to display my files and folders. It's something I absolutely hate about the tool. But other than that, the tool is amazing.

100% Better Than The Market Leader

The team is always looking to improve the product - I feel that they actually want feedback and they want to actively work on it. Crello is definitely my favourite tool for design online (I've tried a few), and I'm recommending it to all of my marketing friends!

Pros

You know the one I'm talking about. Everybody is using it, and it's obvious when they're using templates. This is no good for a company that offers graphic design as a service, even when we're using it for clients who don't pay bespoke prices. That's why I LOVE Crello. The templates don't look like templates. They're high quality and there's one for every occasion. Thank you Crello!

Cons

Initially I felt that paying customers didn't get enough assets for their money, however the new membership plans have totally rectified that issue. I love everything about Crello now! Amazing value for money.

Good and easy

Easy to make posts for social media, emails and other small design products even without experience and special skills in design

Pros

Many cool templates, easy and user-friendly interface

Cons

no possibility to save brand colours, impossible to use designs, created on a computer, in mobile application

Amazing Tool for Small In-House Marketing Teams!

Pros

Crello has made it so much easier for our small marketing team to create beautiful, engaging visuals for our digital campaigns! The templates are easy to use and customize with a wide variety of options. We're now able to create graphics in-house, allowing us to stretch our marketing budget even further while maintaining a premium brand identity. LOVE the ability to create animated graphics, the animated media we've created with Crello has heightened the level of engagement on our social posts.

Cons

The only difficulty we've had with the software is searching through template categories, better search functionality would be great here, as we spend a lot of time looking for the right template when creating a new visual.