Pastel

Sticky note-based feedback collection tool for live websites

Pastel Reviews

TJ C.

Overall Pastel is great, its easy to use, its reasonably priced. It makes you cover work efficiently, and its spreading like wildfire in all organisations.

Victoria c.

A really cool way for me to keep all my feedback organized. This helps me further improve on what my costumers need.

Justin Page W.

The training is long and intensive and during this period the solution is prone to so many errors as compared to doing it manually and doing what you are used to.

Tatenda C.

Tatenda C.

4.5

Saves Tons Of Time For My Team & My Clients

Pastel's team is extremely responsive. Our clients jumped on Pastel immediately when we sent them the tool. No downloads, no installations. Other tools confused our clients with trying to download and install the program. You just jump on Pastel and start clicking - and it starts working. Saves our team probably hundreds of hours of work per month!

Pros

I spent weeks looking for the easiest tool that my clients can use to get feedback. Our clients are often in their 50s and 60s, and not super tech savvy. Plus, our clients our business owners, so they have limited time. Ease of use was top priority. After looking at over 10 other options, Pastel was clearly the most simple and easy to use.

Cons

The features are pretty limited, but this can be a good thing because we don't want our clients to get overwhelmed. I think a couple extra features such as marking tasks "In Progress" as well as allowing our clients to see that edits are "In Progress" would be a huge benefit. Clients get confused on which tasks were done and which are still being worked on, so that leads to a lot of confusion right now.

Excellent tool for annotating websites and giving feedback on the go

We were very satisfied with the product. We just moved to other alternatives which must admit are not as good as Pastel but are much cheaper.

Pros

Pastel is a great tool, it well designed, and has a beautiful minimal UI.

Cons

The price was expensive for what it was and we were not using it that much in the end.

Good Product

Pros

The ease of use and the accuracy is great, I recommend it.

Cons

The limited function can sometimes become an issue.

Pastel an integrated software (accounting and human resources)

I am using Sage 50c pastel partner, its a very good accounting and human resources software because it is user friendly (typically fast and straight forward). From my experience pastel saves my time because i quickly produce and analyse the financial statements.

Pros

The merit of pastel is that it is very efficient and simplifies most of the financial and accounting and human resource management tasks. Pastel as an accounting software is useful when it comes to the preparation of management accounts such as income statement and statement of financial position. Pastel also helps users to save time when it comes to bank and supplier reconciliations. Capturing into...

Cons

The demerit of using the pastel accounting software is that it is expensive and hence used by companies. The Pastel package is difficult to use for the users without accounting knowledge. Users need to purchase yearly support and maintenance for the package.

Pastel Accounting Software Review

Automation has resulted in our business processes becoming seamless, the reduction and reliance on paper for reconciliation and reporting has been heavily reduced. In time you see that it has a huge cost bearing on stationery and time wasted having to do it manually. Reports are now available at the click of a button and because they are pre-defined its just a matter of updating amounts and the system...

Pros

1) The system is highly secure and uses most of the security features found in high security software's like banking softwares. 2 It connects easily with bank account ledger which allows for real time update on the flow of cash and funds. 3) The automation of the software provides for efficient accounting even for a beginner and this reduces reliance on an accountant or having to look for someone to...

Cons

1) The software is not highly customizable and this reduces the ability for it to be a custom fit software for any business environment. 2) Lacks a report writer that allows a customer to generate or design a report they might need. 3) Highly reliant on external and consultant support to resolve issues, which makes it costly in terms of the support fees to be paid by a corporate or individual using...

Pastel as an accounting software

i personally enjoy using pastel as it makes my work easy going. as long as the transactions from source are correctly posted, all financial reports are just a click of button away. all you need to need is to ensure that all posted transactions are vetted for correct

Pros

the software is easy to use, as it has user friendly tools and any new person to the system can easily go through with easy. the security system is spot on in terms of levels of management, when it comes to access of reports. one can not delete anything once posted in the system but can only reverse a transaction which is there for everyone to see, therefore discourage any flaudulent activity. it helps very much in terms of understanding the dynamics of accounting, that is debit and credit rules and journals (most accounting students takes long to understand journals)

Cons

i have discovered that some long batches (more than 2000), if posted during peak hours tend to fail during posting and resumes later but at this point either doubling, trebling and even quadrapling transactions. i have experinced this more than once

Accountants use Pastel

Pros

it works for almost any accounting issues, from doing the normal daily receipting, to doing my month end reconciliations, my balance sheets, payroll, to maintain and keep a safe soft record of transactions and for audit checks . Its easy to use, just a little training and you are good to go, it accommodates huge data, and its compatible with almost any laptop or desktop machine.

Cons

There is so much on pastel, if you dont really take time to learn, you might never completely utilize the software effectively. Software setup is not something you can really do on your own, however there is always an active pastel team that makes sure you get all you need setup until you are good to go.

Pastel the big brand

The software however works perfectly well given the various reports forms that are available that can be customized to meet individual needs

Pros

I have used Pastel for quite a long time and it has so and i have seen it has become a big brand in Zimbabwe . I have seen that almost all state Universities are using pastel.

Cons

however it has the disadvantage that we can still not fully the multi currency system using the software

Easy to use, helpful tool

Great tool and a huge lifesaver when collecting feedback on web content. Will be using for a long time.

Pros

Pastel's claim to fame in my mind is how easy it is to use. It's really REALLY easy to pull in a website and begin sharing it for feedback with others. The interface is pretty straightforward which means no need for training or looking up how to do things.

Cons

When you start going above 30-40 comments on a single project it starts to get really unwieldy. The preview text for each comment isn't enough to be able to distinguish most of the time. I find that I end up opening up multiple comments looking for a specific one (and often re-opening the same comments erroneously) until I find the right one. It's a little nitpick but would be nice if they would make it easier to navigate comments.

The best tool out there to manage the neverending tweaking of existing websites

I've launched a website, and the minute we moved away from InVision I knew I needed a robust fedback system to carry on collecting the collective input in my organisation. So I found Pastel, which everyone found really easy to use. Customer support is also really well managed: I had an idea for a feature to be added to Pastel, and after recommending it to the product team via chat, this was implemented in no time.

Pros

If you work with websites and need a place to share the ongoing flow of feedback and comments to request features, suggest enhancements, push requests to your developers, nothing beats Pastel. Forget links on Slack, sharing screenshots on Basecamp, or lenghty emails with vague descriptions of issues found on some page/subsection/pagagraph.. Use Pastel to pin comments right where needed, and those in charge of making the changes will be able to find all of them and reply to your comments or mark every suggestion as resolved.

Cons

The software is in its infancy, so I'm sure more can be done in the future, such as integration with prototyping tools and reporting about the issues.

Pastel Review

Overall it is a good accounting and stock package and very easy and straight forward to use.

Pros

It is great for tracking customers, suppliers and stock looking up who owes money and who to pay at the end of the month the reporting functionality is very good you can generate your own reports the way you like them. Even the people that don't know much about accounts can use it.

Cons

It is quiet expensive to run especially as it renews every year. There are some features which would be nice to be able to change like the length of lines and a few other items I have come across as we have been working with it.

Pastel

I have been using pastel for many years and it is a good accounting package for a business. I have used others and do prefer to use pastel and it is a lot more user friendly.

Pros

Full accounting functionality Stock control is fantastic tracking of customers and supplier payments Can find most information in one spot Can customise your invoices to your own unique one or they have standard ones for use

Cons

It is very expensive and considering it also charges yearly can be a bit much for users and you don't always get updates that make it better. The reporting functionality could be better I cannot always generate the unique reports i want.

Pastel Makes Website Revisions A Breeze

Overall, I have been very pleased and impressed with Pastel. I use it every day and it has saved me hours on our website revision process. The Support team has been stellar as well, always willing to make a change or update if needed. I would definitely recommend Pastel to anyone looking to streamline their revision or mark up process.

Pros

I really like that you are able to comment directly on the live site. With our previous revision process, we had to keep Google Docs explaining each revision from the client but with Pastel, the clients can leave their revisions right on the site itself so it is much easier for our team to understand and make the revisions.

Cons

Whenever we embed a Google Maps iframe, it never shows up in Pastel and certain fonts are missing as well. This something causes confusion with our clients about whether or not something was completed.

newbie user

quick extraction of information when needed. creation of invoices is very fast.

Pros

its easy to use especially with large amounts of data. one is able to detect errors faster

Cons

You need to study its use for it to be efficient. a layman can not easily understand

Pastel

easy to keep accurate record

Pros

easy to use easy to learn very helpful for small business

Cons

reports generated for Pastel not very user friendly however this is mitigated through excel export function

Great product that has changed our process

I just wish I would have found it and used it sooner!

Pros

Gathering client feedback on websites was really difficult before. We had Invision for the website designs but then when we got to the development phase we had to rely on screenshots and screenshare meetings to gather feedback. Now we can easily monitor and discuss changes with clients which improved our feedback timeline and reduced the amount of edits we miss or misunderstand.

Cons

2 things - 1) you can't move the comments after you make them. I want to drag the comment around if I need to and 2) we password protect our staging websites and because of that it doesn't provide a good screenshot of the site with the comment. That absolutely needs to be fixed and then it will be the perfect tool for us.

Best Review Tool on the Market

Pros

The use of use, be it co-working with people from inside your company or across the globe. It minimizes paperwork and confusion. All comments are kept in history so it is easy to go back and confirm decisions.

Cons

None. Nada. Nothings its a great product

Pastel Review

It's been great. Their support is very responsive and they are open to suggestions for feature improvements.

Pros

Honestly Pastel is something we have been looking for, for years. It's easy to use for our clients with minimal instructions required. It provides us the ability to gather tons of information about the clients browser, ios, and screen dimensions as well as a screenshot of exactly what they saw. Plus the email notifications are very handy.

Cons

We have some issues with caching when we are making changes. Sometimes we get a delay before the clients browser updates but this is just a "in general" problem with developing websites/apps not something entirely specific to pastel.

pastel

Pros

doing all the accounts work in one system, ability to track past transactions

Cons

ability to track past events, process any accounting

Novel & functional

A great bridge between client, dev, and designer Great to have guest option

Pros

Offers a new, very specific way to interact within a team and provide feedback Great for small updates Super useful that it's not a website copy, and the comments/pastel interface is a frame or layer on top of this

Cons

Would be great to be able to post thumbnail pictures or other visuals in comments, especially for websites More of user error/habit, but continuous feedback could distract from making greater progress - I think they've address this with the ability to pause feedback Sometimes could be a little slow, and some toggling between views/functionality was not totally intuitive in the beginning

Time saving machine!

Time saving, simple, easy and efficient.

Pros

Its really great the way UsePastel works. Everything is so clear, simples and efficient! I can guarantee that with Use Pastel we saved many hours per week for us and our clients. Now my clients can tell us what they want to change in the website, and we can understand them! Perfect!

Cons

could have some other features, like "archive" feature and some "finish button" and warn administrator the user finished his feedback.

This is a gamechanger.

Improves our updates and revisions process tremendously.

Pros

It improves our processes so much. I cannot believe that we weren't using this before. Makes things such a breeze.

Cons

The notifications are grouped into batches which is fine, but if a user is notating on pastel for a couple hours, we get several notifications. (Possibly, I'm just missing the setting to choose.)

Game Changer

I used to receive lengthy emails of revision requests with zero direction on what part of the site they were referring to. With Pastel, this is no longer an issue and saves everyone involved on the project countless hours and headaches.

Pros

My team and my clients find the software incredibly useful and time saving

Cons

Waiting on a Basecamp integration but other than that, I love the simplicity.

Good Functional Tool...Needs a Few things

Love it. It's the right value at the right price.

Pros

The easiness of the tool for new users. The ability it gives

Cons

The back end. I would like the ability to only refresh the canvas for websites and archive old comments or issues. I'm having to make a new canvas each time the client comments and we work on it. Along with this is project organization. I like the folders, but would like to have the canvas' only live in folders and a folder named new canvas instead of all. I cannot comment on off canvas menu's easily. That would be very helpful. I would like for my team to be able to pause a canvas I created.

The missing link between client and builder!!

Impeccable experience. Super smooth and couldn't be simpler to integrate into your project feedback workflow. Trello export was the cherry on top.

Pros

Throw out your old revision processes. This delivers feedback better than any other service.

Cons

A couple more options for managing pages