YouTube Logo

Video hosting platform for individuals and businesses

YouTube Reviews

Suggested alternatives

vimeo-pro
wistia
sonix

There's lots of pros, like you can make awesome videos like DVD/Blu-ray openings, lift videos, gaming videos, etc. You can also like, share and comment on people's videos and community posts as well.
It is the most popular video sharing platform so it is the best way to reach your audience. YouTube is easy to use and allows for sharing content that you cannot email due to the file size of video.
I can easily saved and download my favorite videos. There are so many movies in all languages on Youtube for all people and this is a good strategy to connect all people to one app.
It has been accused of not doing enough to remove content that violates community guidelines, which led to concerns about the impact on content.
I really hate the copyright thing. It makes me unable to upload videos with the songs I like.
I feel YouTube should not be allowed to censor and violate freedom of speech.

Rafal M.

Management Consulting, self-employed

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great for marketing, not so good for selling

It is well known tool and intuitive tool if you are a creator or spectator. Great if you use it as a video marketing platform to build your audience, because you can't segment them, send them personalized messages (email or just push) so using it for selling purposes is hard. Impossible to protect your videos from sharing or copying (if you embed it on your website after paywall - user may copy a link on player window and share it to others). In my opinion Vimeo Pro is much better choice if you selling digital courses.

Pros

+ well known brand + intuitive player copied by market competition + bandwidth saver (player adapt to internet speed) + manual setting of play speed + fast upload and great conversion parameters + embeding (live embed also) + speed + automated (AI) captions

Cons

- hard to embed a live WITH chat window - if you set speed or/and quality to desired parameters in one video, you need to repeat this on every video - ads everywhere (for YT standard version) - lack of selling tools (maybe they will launch a "pro" option with selling CTA, email push to participants) - not so informative dashboard - a lot of minor limitations if you are advanced user - impossible to protect video from downloading or even share/link copying so you cant use it to stream paid course from your website - you can't segment your spectators and send them personalized messages

VT

Venita T.

Marketing and Advertising, self-employed

Keeping our customers in the loop!

I love how fast and easy it is to upload my custom content. Setting up my tags and page info is easy and only has to be done once. I get updates on my analytics and can pull reports for my clients to help them see the reach and growth we have achieved daily using Youtube. One feature I really LOVE is the ability to add links and end screens to my content! This is HUGE in helping my followers find content we are referring to or content they might have missed.

Pros

I am a content creator and manage multiple client channels. Using Youtube has helped my client target their audience and gain followers that not only support their products but share the videos I create with their followers for additional support. I love how easy it is to upload and manage content.

Cons

The only "problem" I have is that I can not select my thumbnail easily when I upload my videos. While the thumbnails selected for me are usually ok I would like to insert my own. I understand that if I paid for a subscription I could do this with ease however to keep costs low for my start-up it is not that big of a deal at this time.

ZH

ZhiMin H.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Good platform but limited function

I used Youtube for many years for both hosting videos and watch videos. It's hard to make a living as content creator, it's more than a full time job and one person team. I wish YouTube has a function that we can replace the video with new edit without changing the link. YouTube video quality is poor, even 4K, the compression need to be improved. For the age restriction, the platform needs to explain a bit better, can't be "Is it the video make for minors." A lot of content is PG, but it doesn't mean that's for minors. Way too much commercials but not enough sharing fee with artists.

Pros

1. Youtube has a lot of audience and it's easy to access. 2. It's free to host videos. You can show your video editing via YouTube to director and producer. You can share videos with the community. 3. A lot of content.

Cons

1. You can not replace the video with the same link when you update the edit, Vimeo has that function. 2. The compression of the video is not good, the quality is poor. 3. Too much commercials, very annoying. 4. It's hard to make a living as content created, it's more than a full time job. 5. A lot of content, but also a lot of garbage, you need to be careful with the content suggestion.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

The universal media app

Pros

I like that most of YouTube'a features are available for free, that the streaming quality is good (as long as your internet connection is good), the auto captions are accurate >75% of the time, time stamps and transcripts are available to make it easier to find the exact topic or moment in a video to save time, and it's easy to share videos or video clips through multiple modes (e.g. via copy link, text, email, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Facebook, etc.).

Cons

The auto captions are not accurate if the speaker in the video has a lisp or other speech impediment; AI-generated ads (falsely presenting a celebrity as the spokesperson) are allowed into the feed; and explicitly inappropriate content is allowed (e.g. indecent body exposure).

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 501-1,000 employees

I Love YouTube!

Youtube has been a heavily used app for me since I discovered it as a teenager when I got my first laptop. I’ve used it both as a viewer and to upload content I created. The platform is so easy to use making it simple for beginners. I love the features like closed captions, increasing speed and the ability to edit the quality of the video. I use YouTube for almost everything in life. Tutorials for topics for school, makeup tutorials, cooking demonstrations, hair care instructions and much more. It is the perfect platform for learning and entertainment. 10/10

Pros

Ease of use Beginner friendly Several features making viewing accessible

Cons

I haven’t experienced any cons while using Youtube

Rony Peterson O.

Education Management, 10,001+ employees

The most famous video and audio platform

The large range is the best of this software. Video monetization is not so complicated and with a little bit of money, it is easy to have premium functions.

Pros

It is very easy and intuitive to post the video on this software. Also, it has a large range of viewers and does not have so many problems with monetization.

Cons

The automatic subtitles need a more accurate review and adjusts to be better. Also, it is not so easy to see Youtube Shorts.

MS

Mario S.

E-Learning, 1-10 employees

Video hosting made easy

I use another - paid - video platform, but I like YouTube the most, because it's THE search engine.

Pros

Fast uploads, unlimited access, you can decide to share or to use private links. Very good statistics.

Cons

If you need support - it's very hard to get the right answers. FAQ is ok, but sometimes to much to find the right answers. No support in person.

Favio R.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Easiest platform to get large number of views

Good. I’ve never had important issues in my experience. It’s a really stable platform.

Pros

It is really easy to use, from setup to load, edit, and publish your video. I also love how good the captions and hashtag works, because it gets the people to your video easily thanks to the keywords.

Cons

The amount of ads that people tend to see when watching videos can get stressful

Amy R.

Restaurants, 501-1,000 employees

Youtube video upload and streaming GOAT

It's been great and I use it daily both for work and entertainment education and DIY as well.

Pros

The ability to share content with the world as well.as see content from all over is amazing

Cons

There can be a little difficulty with copyright sensors

Alyssa C.

Insurance, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

A versatile, user-friendly video streaming platform

It's a very easy program to incorporate in our education programs in multiple ways, and because it's so widely used, our online students rarely experience technical issues when accessing course videos on our YouTube channel.

Pros

The product is very easy to use in terms of uploading videos, customizing your uploads & overall content page, creating playlists, sharing content, and integrating with other softwares. YouTube has so many potential applications for any organization, and the features I use regularly do not require a paid subscription.

Cons

I don't use advanced features in the creator studio, so I have no complaints about the features I utilize!

JM

Javier M.

Entertainment, self-employed

My Youtube Review

Pros

I use it to upload new content mostly every week on my personal channel. I also use it as the main live streaming tool alongside with Ecamm Live. Love the chat and superchat features to monetize my content.

Cons

As a user, I feel they place too much ads, specially with the Mobile and tablet apps. As a content creator, sometimes you can get copyrighted claims and infractions that are not true, and the process to appeal takes too long to get an answer from YT

WK

Wilson K.

Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 employees

My Honest Review and Opinion on YouTube

Marketing: YouTube is an effective platform for marketing products and services, with businesses using videos to showcase their offerings and reach a wider audience.Brand awareness: YouTube is an excellent platform for building brand awareness, as businesses can create videos that showcase their values, mission, and personality.Customer engagement: YouTube can help businesses engage with customers...

Pros

Wide range of content: YouTube has a vast collection of videos, covering a wide range of topics, including entertainment, educational, how-to, news, and more.Free to use: YouTube is a free platform, and anyone can access it without any cost.Convenient: YouTube is accessible on any device with an internet connection, including smartphones, tablets, laptops, and smart TVs.User-friendly: The YouTube interface is user-friendly, making it easy for users to search for and find the videos they want to watch.Interactive: YouTube allows users to interact with content creators by leaving comments, liking or disliking videos, and subscribing to channels.

Cons

Inappropriate content: Due to the vast amount of content on YouTube, there is also a risk of encountering inappropriate or offensive content.Misinformation: There is a risk of encountering misinformation or false information on YouTube, as anyone can upload a video regardless of its accuracy.Addiction: YouTube can be addictive, with users spending hours watching videos instead of engaging in other activities.Copyright infringement: There is a risk of copyright infringement on YouTube, as users may upload content without permission or proper attribution.Privacy concerns: YouTube collects and uses user data for advertising and other purposes, which may raise privacy concerns for some users.

Ifedolapo A.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

Best video sharing/streaming platform

I love using YouTube. I learn new things and also get entertained with music videos and movies.In my opinion, there's no other video sharing platform that comes close to YouTube.It's literally the best!

Pros

I love the fact that it contains videos on diverse topics.Where I live, YouTube is known as "the encyclopedia".This is because, any information can be found on YouTube.Are you a student and need to learn more on a particular topic? YouTube is the place to go.Do you need to hear people's opinions on a product? visit YouTube.Movies, music videos, podcast, news, and so much more can be found on YouTube.In addition, even though YouTube contains a wide range of information, it's completely easy to use.I mean one would expect such a software to have complex features, but that's not the case here.

Cons

Sometimes, the subtitles malfunction and it does not match what's being said in the video.I also hate that, there are a lot of ads on YouTube free version.

Civil Engineering, 11-50 employees

Industry standard in video promotion

Pros

Our association uses youtube frequently to post videos about our members, what our association is up to, and to provide educational opportunities to members. Youtube makes it easy to create different accounts within the same channel. This is vital for membership organizations who have content that they want to restrict to members only or only to certain members. The platform is easy to use and videos can be uploaded, posted and shared in the matter of a couple of minutes. There are many competitors out there, but this is by far the industry standard and where most people watch videos online.

Cons

I have heard little of professional organizations having issues with Youtube and censorship of content. However, there are many history related creators who in recent years have had videos censored or removed without recourse or explanation other than a vague statement of violating community standards. For most professional organizations, you are probably in the clear on this issue, for other creators that deal with controversial or uncomfortable subjects, look for a different platform. While there are many content creators who are able to monetize their accounts, for a smaller professional association whose videos only get a couple of hundred views at most, youtube monetization is not a worthwhile endeavor.

SN

Safiya N.

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Free hosting

I just read an email from YouTube announcing that they'll be launching YouTube handles soon.I love the popularity and wide acceptance of YouTube, I love the opportunity to reach people I otherwise wouldn't encounter. I don't love the cons that come with it and the tradeoff of control.

Pros

YouTube is a very popular platform and the most ideal to share to social media or anywhere else. I see YouTube videos everywhere. Hosting an individualized channel costs nothing. Viewers watch any video in any order, any segment, better chance of something grabbing their attention.

Cons

Since YouTube is public some control is given up and live stream can be difficult to start, there are a lot of rules. Accounts can be disabled for any or no reason.Advertising isn't controlled by the host, any ad can be shown on any channel without approval. If viewers don't like an ad they might move on, costing me viewers/customers at no fault of my own. That doesn't sit well with me. In any case the ads also interrupt and distract viewers.YouTube can be distracting to hosts, online bullying or harassment is hard to control.

Sandeep T.

Veterinary, 51-200 employees

Youtube : An Unstoppable Source of Information and Entertainment

It has been a good and a reliable source of information for me as well as a medium that i can rely for entertainment.

Pros

You can surf any videos of your choice. The searching option is so good that if you search certain part lf the lyrics it will show you the full song. The YT shorts are making the YT more fun to use today as the market is overwhelmed by TikTok short videos. YT offers you the popular videos and songs ac to your region you are staying. It's free to Log in and to Upload videos. You can also use YouTube for monitization. Videos warn you if the contents can trigger certain group of people beforehand.

Cons

There are not much Cons but what i hate the most is even when I don't subscribe certain channels i get notifications from them if i have watched there videos in the past. Youtube doesnt let you download the videos into your cell directly but has a option of in-built offline downloads within application. The most annoying part are the advertisement that appears in YouTube.

ma

mustapha a.

Computer Networking, self-employed

Great for marketing, not so good for selling

I specially use YouTube for looking and growing films and feature now no longer but used very superior video enhancing features. In that slight capacity, my Overall enjoy with YouTube has been excellent

Pros

YouTube is a fantastic streaming platform. They permit content material creators to attain a extensive target target market with excessive nice video uploads and extraordinary connection. While it could take a video some time to load, the uploads commonly have extraordinary visible readability and the audio fits up. It is extraordinary that movies may be shared and visitors who revel in the video content material have the choice to get alerted of latest releases.

Cons

YouTube is a remarkable streaming platform. They permit content material creators to attain a huge target target market with excessive excellent video uploads and first-rate connection. While it could take a video some time to load, the uploads typically have first-rate visible readability and the audio fits up. It is first-rate that motion pictures may be shared and visitors who revel in the video content material have the choice to get alerted of latest releases.

RL

Rebecca L.

Apparel & Fashion, 51-200 employees

Can't live without it!

I use this daily for news, weather, education and entertainment. I love it! I consider YouTube my go to source for the real news reported by trustworthy organizations and people. It is so easy to navigate that I can quickly start watching what I want.

Pros

I like the availability of the real news that I want to see. I also have found educational content that I can't live without. I like that I can follow the creators or reporters of my own choosing. It is easy to navigate and has helpful lists you can create to refer back to things you have seen. I also like YouTube for entertainment - a good movie or a good audio book is offered.

Cons

I often receive video suggestions in my feed that I have no interest in. There are options to not recommend this channel & I am not interested in the content but even after choosing those options I often receive more videos from the same channels & similar content. I also think the videos start playing too fast when going through my feed. Then that video goes into my watched history and causes more videos from that channel or similar content to show up in my feed.

ZM

Zach M.

Retail, self-employed

My review on why YouTube is my favourite social media platform.

The reason why YouTube is currently my favourite social media platform is because you can make great videos like DVD/Blu-ray openings, lift videos, gaming videos, etc. I don't care what anyone else says, I love the modern YouTube design. It looks like it was refreshed. I have been using the platform since 2015 because this website has always been my dream ever since it was founded in 2005. I would recommend a lot of people use this site to make the best videos. Also you can get lots of views on certain videos sometimes.

Pros

Cons

I don't have that much problems with YouTube, because it's a great site to upload videos on. The only problem is that sometimes when the Wi-Fi is weak, it can take longer for videos to upload or to play.

Libraries, 1-10 employees

YouTube is where we host our feature showcases, troubleshooting and informational videos

My experience with YouTube has been excellent, it is really flawless the way we have been using it.

Pros

YouTube is great for hosting videos and making those accessible to a wide audience of people. We host our feature showcases, troubleshooting and informational videos for our SaaS product I like how easy it is to upload videos to YouTube and how straight-forward it is to add details to the video. Sharing options are excellent, you can share via social media with a simple link.

Cons

Really there is nothing to not like about YouTube, though the only thing I would say it that since it is a Google product you can never be 100% sure what its future would be. I don't mean they would dump it and end of life it like other products, but you can't be sure what direction they might take it at any time. That's why I wouldn't want to be too beholden on it as a platform - for example if you were a full time content creator you would want to have a backup option or a number of different platforms to get your work out there.

ra

ramakrishna a.

Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 employees

Unlocking the Secrets of the Universe- Get Unlimited Knowledge

It is an essential platform worldwide. It has revolutionized the way we consume video content and has become a primary source of entertainment, education, and information.It is easy to use, and its vast collection of content means that there is always something new to watch. We can easily search for and discover new content based on interests, and the platform's recommendation algorithm helps to discover new videos that we may not have found otherwise.

Pros

It has an enormous variety of content available, ranging from educational videos to music videos, comedy skits, cooking tutorials, and much more. There is something for everyone on YouTube, and it can easily find content that matches our interests.

Muhammad Aamer K.

Real Estate, self-employed

Youtube is a everything for this world

Youtube is a great platform for everything i mean from learning to entertainment and from content creation to a business. Youtube allows you to upload videos for free which can earn you money.

Pros

The thing I like the most about youtube is that it is free to watch and it is free to upload videos to. And if you have a talent you can start your content creation for absolutely free which can give you a great business if people like you i mean youtube allows you to have a business without investing anything

Cons

The thing i like the least about the youtube is the thing and everyone dislikes i mean the unskippable ads. If youtube only display the skippable ads it will be great so only the interested people will watch the ads.

AP

Atul P.

Computer Software, self-employed

why I like YouTube

Everything is almost fine on YouTube, there is nothing bad in it, we get good and bad things, we get knowledge and wisdom which is a very good thing, we also get news from outside the country and the world.

Pros

I like watching shorts on YouTube the most, which I like very much, which in 15 minutes gives you news from many countries and the world, which is a very good thing and but also the thing is that we people scroll. -While doing the video, I don't even know the time which is not good i think, that's all, thanks.

Cons

One thing I did not like on YouTube is that when I click on the logo of our channel, there are a lot of options like download and history, there are options for all this, there are options for switch account, I think maybe press one click on channel logo it should be open direct YouTube channel.because I am also YouTube creator. Thanks

ZB

Zakaria B.

Computer Hardware, self-employed

Youtube is making our life much easier and here is why

overall experience, I would say youtube is the top 1 social platform, here is where the legends were born.

Pros

I have been using Youtube since it almost came out, there is an obvious changing day by day, the platform is being better and better than before, and people are being more creative. it is really making our life much easier than before. you can find anything on youtube, news, courses, interviews, events, movies, and almost everything.it's making everything closer, people are sharing their daily lifestyle, sharing their skills. people are studying and learning new skills. Youtube is letting us free, we can create and share our thoughts for free, and you can be a content creator and have a big community. Youtube is the place where the legends were born.

Cons

I love everything about Youtube. making our life much better.

Graphic Design, 11-50 employees

The standard for video hosting

Youtube has been a great place to find entertainment as well as learning skills for work. I've uploaded some videos but I've mostly used it for consuming conent.

Pros

Youtube offers a great place to host videos with a vast community of people that use it. It's free to use and can be great for sharing videos, if you don't mind the ads. If you don't want to watch ads, the paid Youtube Premium can really be worth it because you save a lot of time not having to sit though any ads.

Cons

If you're trying to become a content creator to make make money on your videos, Youtube can be a challenging place. Using it to host videos you want to embed on websites can be frustrating because it doesn't offer the same level of customization that Video Pro does. When watching videos, ads can be very obnoxious when they interrupt what you're watching.