Majestic

Marketing search engine and SEO backlink checker

Majestic Reviews

Pros

The new link graph feature is amazing. Being able to see tiers of links allows my team to better analyze competition and saves us lots of time and money.

Cody W.

Their historic index is one of the most comprehensive on the market comparing to other link checker tools. The historic index feature is very helpful when conducting my link detox campaigns.

Raluca C.

I think the amount of data that Majestic provides compared to other tools. I also like the citation and trust flow measurements of Majestic.

Brian B.

Cons

Advanced tool for topical analysis and cleaning up bad seo.

Naz H.

There aren't really any things that I don't like about Majestic.

Bill H.

One con is that there is no backlink alert where you can set up your domain and quickly get alerted about any influx of low quality backlinks at any time.

Raluca C.

4.5

I rely on Majestic Daily

The main reason for using Majestic is to get link data that's up to date, and accurate. I don't see any value in adding all sorts of additional keyword tools to a product or service that provides link data, like some other tools provide. If you need link data, then you should get it from Majestic. I say this because after using Majestic for over 10 years to do my job, it's worked very well for me.

Pros

I rely on Majestic daily as a tool to do my job. I would not be as effective as an SEO if I didn't have access to Majestic to analyze links. I am very impressed with how Majestic, time and time again, continues to innovate. Majestic has always been the leader when it comes to link tools, and they continue to add value to the product. The Link Graph was a huge step in allowing us to see the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th tier of links to websites, and that's a great example of why I use choose to use Majestic over other link tools.

Cons

There aren't really any things that I don't like about Majestic. If I had to mention something, I would say that the downloading and exporting of data seems like it could be improved--as there's an additional page that you have to go to, the downloads page, when you create a report. But, it's not really a huge issue, you just have to know that it works that way.

Amazing Tool For SEO and Competitive Analysis

Pros

Cons

I don't have any complaints. The software is one of many we use but does its job exceptionally well.

Advanced tool for topical analysis and cleaning up bad seo

It's been 8 years+ and I still use my Majestic account. It's great helping to do a gap analysis on links and gathering links for any detox programmes.

Pros

Majestic has a lot of historical data, as a long-standing company in this space they have a very large database. They've their own metrics which help to measure how natural a backlink profile is.

Cons

The con is a double-edged sword. What it does very well and the company has focused on is the link analysis tool. The issue is that this is the sole focus and the competition are releasing more features for related aspects of SEM.

Great insights, once you dig deep enough

Pros

- Generate weekly backlink reports for yourself and competitors - Gain insights about areas to improve SEO - Trust Flow and Citation Flow are great features

Cons

- Pretty archaic user interface - Won't be the SEO standard forever - Not sure if it's worth the price point

Good for starters

Overall, Majestic was a great tool when I began my journey with SEO, however I think it really is a 'starter', and it is easy to outgrow after the first year.

Pros

I like the fact that Majestic is quite simple, the TF and CF metrics are easy to get a hold of and easy when making direct comparisons between URLs. The anchor text graphic is also nice.

Cons

It is a bit clunky, when I don't use the window for a while I always need to refresh it (though this may be due to a group buy login I was using for a while).

If you review backlinks then you will need Majestic

Pros

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app version of the software.

Good SEO Tool

Pros

Majestic has a very big backlink database which is very frequently updated. Based on this data I can easily find link-building opportunities. Majestic also has very accurate content categorization. It helps research websites with related content. Very deeply analyze website and content structure. Domain Authority is one of the key parameters in SEO areas.

Cons

Competitors have much more data about other important parameters like visibility, keywords...

One of the several good SEO tools out there.

Pros

The two metrics created by Majestic "Trust Flow" and "Citation Flow" are their most valuable features. Every SEO looks at them when evaluating a website.

Cons

Their database is not as the big as some of Majestic's competitors. It's best to use Majestic along with other SEO tools for better results.

Lots of great data

Pros

They have lots of data that help me to research backlomks

Cons

They don’t show all back links but they show most of them

Excellent software

It's another great tool to analyze website properties.

Pros

I really enjoy the new feature of being able to visualize links to my current links.

Cons

There isn't really very much that I dislike.

One of the few very serious SEO tools on the market

Majestic has metrics "Trust Flow" and "Citation Flow" that are currently so widely used as to be a standard among hardcore SEO practitioners. Those metrics have their pros and cons and probably won't reign supreme forever as Google's algorithm changes. But they are currently some of THE core metrics for SEOs. The app itself is functional enough though not as polished as other SaaS products I've used.

Pros

If you want these metrics and need to pull them for lots of domains or have flexible reporting on the backlinks of other sites, this is the only place to get them.

Cons

I think the app is very expensive for what you get and it's a general practice among SEOs to block the Majestic crawler from their sites, so their database is intentionally manipulated by those who use it.

The most comprehensive backlink checker on the market

Cons

The best tool to get SEO web backlink information

Pros

They offer the deepest insight possible when analyzing the backlinks that enter in a website, so you can have a detailed view of your competitors strategy and imitate it quickly when possible. All the things are explained in an easy way, so not savvy users like CEOs or mid Managers can understand the reports despite the technical SEO terminology.

Cons

Although is not the main focus of Majestic, I miss some extra information regarding SEO keywords and keyword competition to make the application more complete and be able to compete with other solutions like SEO Moz

This reviewer only left a rating