Manta

Get end-to-end data lineage including custom SQL code

Manta Reviews

Pros

What I really like about Manta is its ability to help me organize all the needs and wants of my business. There's lots of cool features it offers and the functionality is definitely spot on.

Victor M.

Customer support was excellent and got great support all the times.

Vasudevarao P.

I had looked many other data lineage product but Manta was best as it can read human written views , procedure and scripts. It create perfect data lineage.

Pratima G.

Tomas O.

4.1

Best Lineage and Harvesting tool

Customer support was excellent and got great support all the times.

Pros

1. It has a great potential to integrate with different kinds of databases like Oracle, MS SQL etc., and load various metadata objects with a bit of configuration with less turnaround time. And few features like showing expressions etc has impressed our user. On top of it, Manta has provided a world class feature to integrate with downstream systems like Collibra etc., to push assets/data.

Cons

Manta was awesome tool and didn't find drawbacks.

Thank you for your review, we are glad to see that MANTA helped you and we are looking forward to solving more data management issues together!

Manta is really good but we expect more

Pros

1. The depth and visualization of lineage is really great. 2. Ability to create custom models 3. Large number of Native Scanners 4. Picking up more detailed metadata information.

Cons

1. Many resources need to be improved and enhanced, like Java, Tableau, OBIEE 2. Manta follows column-column, table-table, schema-schema linking. It would help if there is an option to link resources at any level. We use custom models a lot, so this feature would help us in connect native and custom objects at any level.

Pathfinder

Pros

We gained a good overview in our ETL processes my using MANTA. That made it a lot easier to find specific informations.

Cons

The maintenance of our data is very complicated. For the Import of our processes the exported data had to be selected manually.

Good experiences

Validation of supplied solutions.

Pros

Helps to prevents errors in supplied solutions.

Cons

I noticed, that list of old Checker reports have some problem. At first shows all reports and then reduces it to selected number. Is is visible only in up of thoudands reports.

Datalineage review

It really helps during the problem solving and for the migrating the existing flow into new platform.

Pros

It gives detailed lineage on objects also it can be integrated with many other data governance tools.

Cons

Support for the dynamic sql statements,UI for the manta viewer can be improved.( Customization of the repository names)

Metadata harvesting and lineage

Pros

Ease of use and technical support from Manta team

Cons

Need more GUI to manage the software and connection also require schedule options in front end

Overall it has been good. It delivers what it is suppose to.

Pros

Good linange tool, ease up most analysis

Cons

Administrator interface could be much better

Manta is useful for modeling and management

Pros

It provides high level methods for ad his reporting and performance metrics.

Cons

I wasn’t able to link resources where I wanted, making custom models difficult to connect or maintain at times.

Great data lineage product

Its really good experience. I would say still Manta has to improve /add more functionality to have better user experience to save the time .

Pros

Cons

As we have complex data warehouse its very difficult to trace in one go. We always needs to break and lots of extra objects comes in lineage as well. If it is possible to filter out some object in lineage it will be really helpful. for eg: views/proc which generate audit column values always comes as part of tracing hence it is overhead to see those objects.

Manta has helped my business grow, with some exceptions

My overall experience with Manta has been OK.

Pros

Cons

What I liked least about Manta is that it can get quite pricey depending on your wants and needs. I really felt like they could have done better in the value area.