Cerberus FTP Server Reviews

Review Summary

Pros

Our overall experience has been very positive. HIPAA compliance was super easy and the users were easy to train on the software.

Tim K.

Event Manager -Ease of Use. Superb Service and quick deployment of patches when required.

Tim T.

My users love how easy it is to use. Management likes the cost of maintenance.

Andrew G.

Cons

The only negative for me was I found it a little tricky to get the SSL cert installed. That may not be an issue for admins with more knowledge than me, it was just more difficult than IIS.

Josh S.

Hard to comment on this, but biggest annoyance so far is the configuration.

Alex A.

I don't not what's functionality is missing, or I don't need it.

Bert W.

4.9

Usage of an SFTP solution

Very good product on a number of level: administration, security, reliability and possible setup for bridges between internal setups and other clients not in our environment.

Pros

THe number of options when it comes to security and possible setups gives Cerberus an edge on how implement and administer all FTP solutions in any Company's environment.

Cons

The update options and informations are not always very clear and some direct references to articles would be welcome when major changes are done.

Thank you for your review and your feedback!

Best of Breed FTP server

I don't have to worry about our FTP server with Cerberus...it's always up and security patches are released in a timely manner. It is lightweight (I can serve over 1000 connections on 2 vCPUs and 6GB of RAM...I could server 700 of 3GB of RAM previously), unobtrusive, and really a pleasure to use.

Pros

Cerberus is extremely easy to setup, implement, and use. It is dead simple, reliable, user friendly, and straightforward to secure.

Cons

Not negatives, but missing features/improvable features: I'd like the option to run servers in high availability (there is a sync option, but not quite the same). I'd like to see more integration options for MFA (there are 2-3, but I'd like to see this expanded). I'd like integration with Active Directory to be more straightforward, and the option to integrate Azure Active Directory. The option to have a user account and admin account be the same. I realize there's some risk here, but that should be left to the organization to accept or avoid.

Thank you for your review and your recommendations! We appreciate them!

Good securte encrypted FTP file sharing

Experience would be as any other FTP server. Company was looking for reliability, security and access control . Fancy having the same name as our integration system therefore the software was chosen .

Pros

Allows encryption with file sharing. Company required external software to drop files on a location to be picked up by teams on the other side of the country. Better alternative to cron jobs.

Cons

Just another server with options configurable and security features customizable.

CerberusFTP: Large Scale File Sharing Solution

When you have everything configured and ready to go, it works as you would expect but are rarely given. Server crash? No problem, nothing gets corrupted or fails to start on an application level. There is minimal resource consumption and a very impressive number of features and security options that you can implement. When I do have questions the Cerberus Support team is quick to reply and unlike most businesses today, do not hide their support contact information. It is easy to go to their website and submit a request without even needing to sign in.

Pros

It is one of a kind. 99% of searches done looking for "File Sharing" are cloud based. This is not applicable for a lot of agencies that protect sensitive data that prefer or require data to remain on-premise. In addition, Cerberus FTP Server is Scalable, Clean-Cut and Simple for End Users, and Supports Multiple Sharing Protocols. My absolute favorite feature is Sharing Files via HTTPS. Employee's and recipients need only a browser to share files. A very minimalistic interface keeps things easy and smooth and requires less overhead from IT when introducing to new users.

Cons

Some recent changes to the admin interface have been in my opinion a step back. Things were moved around and the responsiveness is 20% of the previous interface. This is okay though as it has not affected the end users experience, just the administrators. The one thing i'd really like to see but doesn't exist is the ability to create a permanent share that never changes. For example: We have proprietary...

Thank you for giving us such a thorough review! We appreciate the suggestions as well - feedback like yours is how we improve.

Well thought out and supported.

Excellent stability, functionality and suitability to task.

Pros

Client setup for most common secure transfer scenarios is straightforward and bullet proof. Documentation and support for more advanced scenarios is superb.

Cons

Like many products slowly shifting from traditional rich client interfaces to pure HTML5, original features are being deprecated or shifting from straightforward access to convoluted workarounds with successive releases.

Thank you for your detailed review and feedback! We appreciate it!

Great Product for SFTP

We use the product to move large files daily between our EMRs and our data warehouse with no issue.

Pros

Overall setup and use of Cerberus is easy and quick to learn. Once it is setup and running it is mainly just checking logs to make sure valid IPs do not get added to the block list.

Cons

Thank you for your review! We're happy the product has been working so well for you.

Great FTP Choice

Pros

This software is amazingly good. The uploads are insanely fast. It's easy to use and train on as well. It also has great AD integration and security which gives you a lot of options on how to set this up and use shares as well.

Cons

I don't really have any CONs about the software, but if I had to pick a least favorite it would be the price. Don't take that the wrong way though, the value is great, but it's the only thing I can think of liking the least!

Thank you for your review! We're happy you've had such a great experience with the product.

Works great for us!

Pros

Active Directory integration is huge for us. Event Manager is great as it allows us to launch PowerShell scripts upon certain actions. Conceptually simple to understand. SECURE DATA TRANSFERS

Cons

Can be fiddly to configure groups. The UI changes somewhwat significantly from time to time.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review! We're happy Cerberus FTP is working so well for you!

Excellent FTP Solution that is HIPAA Compliant

Pros

Multiple things ! The web interface is great, the ability to use DUO MFA with an account is invaluable. Setup was extremely easy.

Cons

I wish that Cerberus could interface with Azure AD for users.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us a review!

Review after over 6 month of use

We had to offer a sftp connection to share files with others, but on windows, it's not that easy, also we don't want to set up an Linux system, because someone else needs to be able to set up that thing. Therefore, it's easier if you got a GUI and a familiar system.

Pros

I like that I can setup a sftp server on windows without any problems. In addition, it is a good feature that Users can set their own password in the web panel.

Cons

I do not like that there isn't a simple way to enable geoblocking. We just have users in Germany and don't need to allow any other country to connect. Also the web interface seems a bit complicated for some users, they prefer it "clean and easy" like on google drive, own/nextcloud, pydio etc.

Thank you for your review!

Needed to find a high feature SFTP Server application that ran within a Windows environment.

Pros

The auto blacklist feature in conjunction with the number of failed logins is a great benefit, no need to continue to verify SFTP system is save. Another benefit for the company I work for is the support for local users and LDAP users simultaneously. No need to choose between the type of users within this system. The support for multi-tier authentication is also a huge benefit, password as well as pub key, or using the password or pub key allows employees to test as our client while I client stays secure using their private key. Applying updates is very simple and very quick, have performed such updates during business hours and downtime was a matter of 2 minutes.

Cons

When users are created, a folder corresponding to the user is not automatically created so only permissions need to be assigned for the user.

Cerberus FTP Server is great and easy to setup and use, bugs free and comes with great support.

The software works well and don't encounter any issues so far.

Pros

Briefly, the sFTP function works well and easy to setup with very good documentation manual, and importantly the logging activities which are stored and segregated in daily log file which is very useful for troubleshooting with counterpart whenever there is reported issue and the log file will clearly show the login, receiving, removing and sending events. Overall the interface is very user-friendly and that translates well into ease of use and maintains. Lastly but not the least is the pricing in comparison to other ftp server vendor in terms of functionalities namely control.

Cons

No option to create SSH key pair files for customer, and thus I have to use ftp voyager to generate these files.

Great value and great support

Pros

We have had some unique ftp needs (relating to LDAP authentication for accounts) and cerberus has been able to met them all. They support has been great, and they publish updates frequently.

Cons

It's expensive, but it is still a good value, as I could not find any better option that cost less. The support is well worth it to. I would highly recommend keeping an active subscription. But that's pretty standard for enterprise software.

Very stable and easy to use FTP server

Stable, easy to use, fair price and several prices/configurations for different needs. Secure. Easy to by over the WEB.

Pros

I have used several FTP servers but the best solution, for my needs, is Cerberus by far. I use Cerberus for only 30 users and with low traffic. I never used the server for a big number of user and high demand, so I can not comments about that profile. But I can say that for my goals is perfect and with fair price.

Cons

No Data

GUI is fantastic - enables more team members to quickly create rules for incoming files!

Reduction in Lead time with new customers. Entry Level staff leverage this tool which was impossible on the legacy Linux ftp server application.

Pros

1. Authorization and Authentication for rules Users/Groups. 2. Event Manager -Ease of Use 3. Superb Service and quick deployment of patches when required.

Cons

Event Manager - All matching rules fire. Would be fantastic if rule precedence and/or Stop processing additional rules existed..

Cerberus vs Other Products

Cerberus FTP server has taken on a role within our organization that we needed a high degree of trust and confidence in and it met and exceeded our expectations.

Pros

Easy to use and yet powerful. Intuitive GUI. Excellent Tech Support if/when needed.

Cons

I can honestly say that there isn't any features that I would complain about.

THey are a great company to work with.

a safe secure and reliable FTP/FTPS/SFTP solution for your business.

Pros

The software is complete and well laid out. They are constantly updating this product with security updates and making it better.

Cons

if you want he web support it is a little pricey. you can only have the UI active in one user space on a server.

Like their web based secure file upload and download feature. Support is prompt and good.

Inhouse file management to allow sending/receiving files to/from external vendors.

Pros

Client website to upload and download files Password based download link with expiration User management Prompt and good support

Cons

Managing whitelisted IPs to connect client web portal for each user as individual Better reporting

Great Software great feature set great value

In general great product at a great price

Pros

All the features are there a logically arranged in the interface. Performance is great and administration is strait forward. Support has been reactive when necessary.

Cons

Nothing really bad to say about the product install was simple enough.

Been a happy user of CerberusFTP for many years now. Does what we need it to do.

Pros

Easy to use both for admin and users. Can be customize and manage from server or webGUI is a plus with no hidden menus or hard to find items.

Cons

Updates can be a bit weird and have to update the settings for the service every time. Wish the reporting function worked a bit better

Smooth and easy to use

Large file transfer is our primary use.

Pros

Easy to use, simple to implement. End users can find their way around it without needing much if any training.

Cons

Lack of favicon customization. Every time I upgrade I have to do it manually. It would be better to have a setting like the banner.

Great value

Secure FTP service.

Pros

Ease of use and management. Very easy to manage. My users love how easy it is to use. Management likes the cost of maintenance.

Cons

It would be nice to have a User guide, It would be nice to be able to lookup users by group. It needs more search capabilities.

SFTP for government

Pros

FIPS 140-2 compliant so we can use it for CJIS information. Easy to use, and not that difficult to set up. Good interface to users.

Cons

Problems getting the SMTP within the program does not like our email setup. We have had to work around that. When logged in as admin for system, you cannot upload files at the same time. You have to log in as a user to upload files.

Thanks so much for your review! If you're still having trouble with the email setup, please let me know so I can connect you with our support team.

Overall Good Software

Very Good FTP with data security.

Pros

User friendly GUI with very good security features

Cons

Reporting is not that much good, management will not happy on this

Great Software

Great experience

Pros

Events a very powerful and administration options are good.

Cons

User interface programming is not that good.