Mentimeter Logo

Mentimeter Reviews

User ratings

4.4

• Likelihood to recommend8.51/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

I love that it makes studying easier. My professor showed it to us during lessons some time ago and it was a great tool to make lessons more interesting.
This is cool that it has free version, then you can save your presentations.
Drag and drop to change the order of slides is basically broken, so me and my team always make sure everything is in order before importing (if we even use importing, see above).
Their hours seem to be a Euro schedule with no weekend support. I have requested a refund and have received no response at all.

Mentimeter users...

Kahoot!-logocaret

Kahoot!

Prezi-logocaret

Prezi

Microsoft PowerPoint-logocaret

Microsoft PowerPoint

How would you rate Mentimeter?

Great for interactive presentations

We have used this product many times and would recommend it to others. It is easy to use, can be accessed from anywhere, and most importantly is user friendly for those who are attending a presentation. Even those who aren’t tech savvy can participate

Pros

After looking into many interactive presentation softwares, mentimeter came out on top. The thing I liked most about this product is that presentation attendees need not create a login, it is as simple as going to a website and typing in a code. This was a must for my needs. As I used this product, functionality became more clear. One feature that is really beneficial is the presentation shows up on users devices- this allows them to follow along AND not get distracted by other items. It is really nice that you can upload a PowerPoint and incorporate menti questions into your customized template.

Cons

The free version of this website is very limited, however, menti did give a discount to nonprofits so even on a tight budget, it is affordable.

Your virtual bonds with the audience

Mentimeter makes my teaching more effective. I also use it as I lead my students to generate mind maps about any topic. They love seeing their voices heard in the presentation the moment they interact.

Pros

The templates are easy to use. The animations are engaging. My audience love being a part of the presentation.

Cons

Nothing so far as it meets all my expectations. It may be a bit time consuming to enter the code so using QR codes may be a better option.

Group Interactions at its best

Interactive Presentations and Polling

Pros

Great presentation tool that allows the host to engage and interact with the audience in real-time. The polling feature is lovely and allows for the setting of questions and the audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet.

Cons

No cons for me. But since I have to put something, you can't control , how truthful the audience are with the presentation polls.

Seriously fun

It is a great software. It allows us to do interactive activities while being live.

Pros

Depending on how you use it, it can be a super strong interactive software to power charge your meetings. You can have your team to anonymous votes, polls and even games (guess who?, guess what, etc). Since we use it, we have so much more fun during our meetings.

Cons

It would be cool to have an option where people put their names so it’s not anonymous. Then we can choose from the start what kind of privacy we want.

Simple yet great presentation software

Mentimeter is a great tool that I use in almost all my classes. In a few minutes, you can collect students' opinions or create any kind of presentation. It is definitely a tool that I would recommend using

Pros

Mentimeter is super easy to use presentation software. I have used only free version, which is limited to 12 presentations but it was enough for what I have needed. There are many question types to choose from but I used (and liked) the most "word cloud". I am using word cloud almost regularly in my classroom as I would like to know students opinion about certain topic.

Cons

In my opinion pro plan is a little bit expensive and basic plan do not offer that much to switch from free to basic.

One of my favourite tools

I use Mentimeter probably every week. We have to do a lot of our meetings remotely through telco or Lync, and with Mentimeter I can make sure that all participants are equally involved in the process. My favorite set-up is to do the "single choice" series with a segmentation of the results at the end. There is often a very appealing aha-effect from seeing th results diplayed like this in real-time....

Cons

Taking the concept of interactive to new levels

Superb tool for polling during presentations

Pros

First, just to say, I'm glad I came across Mentimeter. Mentimeter is a great presentation tool that allows the presenter to engage and interact with the audience in real-time. It's polling feature is awesome and allows you to set the questions and your audience can give their input using a mobile phone or any other device connected to the Internet. It is an easy-to-use online tool and can be used as a major boost for one meeting and presentation. Everyone out there should use this tool. It's quite fun to use.

Cons

I have yet to come across a con for Mentimeter. Maybe my vision is a bit blurred and I am failing to see, up to this point, the drawbacks. The only disadvantage I can mention is really related to people, the audience. And how truthful they are with the presentation polls.

Perfect voting/interaction tool for presentation!

Perfect tool that goes with the online meeting/presentation

Pros

Voters/Attendees of an online meeting can access the website easily via laptop/smartphone without any VPN (you just need a key from the organizer) All votes are anonymous so opinions can be expressed more freely Users can also raise questions using the same tool All kinds of data visualization for text/statistics

Cons

Nothing to complain as an users. I'm not sure if the poll/questionnaire is ease to organize as a host.

Engaging and fun Virtual Meeting tool

MentiMeter was very helpful in many presentations I did. Audience enjoyed the quiz feature very well.

Pros

I liked the main user interface, ease of use for most of the features. I liked the polls and quiz feature is appealing to the eyes. It even has music and avatars.

Cons

I think it was too expensive for my budget. There was a new feature for remote, but It was super clear for me how to use and its purpose. Not sure if there was powerpoint add-ins?

Great Quick Response

Pros

The ability to use this quickly with my students is a huge plus. I enjoy using the word cloud slide to have students place responses that form into a cloud. It is nice that this has an explicit language filter as well.

Cons

The pricing is expensive for an education app. You can do 2 free slides, but besides that it will be a monthly fee or a yearly fee which is expensive.

Most innovative tool in the market

Mentimeter is offering unique opportunities of interactivity with an audience. Especially the immediate participation in a survey by QR-Codes without the need of installing any application is a great help to implement a survey. The results will appear immediately on the screen in an attractive layout. With the question type „Open Ended“ it is easy to start a brainstorming and in combination with the layout option „Word Cloud“ you get a fantastic overview. Concluding Mentimeter is an innovative tool for presentations in business meetings, school classes and lectures at university.

Pros

a lot - especially: interactivity, responsiveness, general performance, reliability, intuitive handling

Cons

None - it's worth doing the upgrade

wow, just wow

I was at a conference when I first saw this program in use by one of the main speakers. I was amazed at how easy it was to feel like I was really participating with his talk. I had to try it myself. I made an account, explored the options, and setup a quick little survey to try with a small group at the office. It was so easy. I plan to use this again soon.

Pros

This is an absolutely amazing way to encourage engagement and group participation with your audience. It offers several different kinds of options and has all the bells and whistles you would expect with this kind of program.

Cons

I can't think of any feature in this program that was desired and missing or didn't work as I was hoping it would.

Fun, simple way to keep meetings engaging

Our larger meetings (especially world-wide) have been revolutionized. People pay attention, can anonymously share what they truly feel, or participate in easy and manageable team building.

Pros

LOVE the word clouds-- great way to keep attention in meetings by asking for submissions like that or adding in polls. Really versatile software, usable both for business and for team building. Easy to use as "Two Truths and a Lie" game, trivia, etc. on top of gathering employee ideas/feelings relating to work

Cons

Honestly no complaints- very intuitive, simple, low-maintenance.

Great tool for recognizing colleagues

Pros

Mentimeter allows people to add “kudos” or general comments for a much larger group to view during a meeting. I like how the feedback constantly scrolls for the viewer; it keeps your interest. I also like that you can save and email the entire file at a later time.

Cons

There’s nothing I don’t like about this tool. It’s very helpful in large group settings!

Menti Reviewd

I really enjoyed my experience as both a user and a developer of questions. I had a training coordinator show me the program and will be utilizing it into future trainings.

Pros

My training attendees and coordinator really enjoyed the process. The results were fun and contributed to a great conversation about our topic!

Cons

It's a little confusing at first to get an idea of where to start.

WORD CLOUDS - my favourite thing!

Engagement of staff at all levels - and that is so very important.

Pros

It is so easy to set up and customize various polls in different formats, to set up a specific brand and mode of presentation, and I ABSOLUTELY LOVE that you can embed a menti directly into a Powerpoint slide so that you can directly run a presentation without breaking the flow.

Cons

Can't really think of anything significant -but perhaps I would say - lets see how else we can embed into other ways - Prezi for example? Or a live post on Workplace?

Mentimeter through online teaching

Great

Pros

I love it through my teavhing online .My students love it alot

Cons

Nothing .It is good as general in shape and stylr

Great features but be careful of making a subscription as they are manipulative!

Pros

Great way to engage with audiences in events

Cons

When checking out, the price was shown in months and then all of a sudden it changed to annual before payment. I then paid for it annually not noticing that. I feel that was manipulative and unfair especially considering I only needed the product for 1 event. They also promise 14-day refunds in big writing and then apparently, since I used it once I am not eligible, All I was asking was to refund the 11 months I wasn't using it haha. Anyway great product but very disappointed in the end

Mentimeter - Far Ahead of the Competition

Pros

The software is very intuitive and has all of the instructions plainly displayed for reference as you build your assessments.

Cons

The free trial version does not allow you to set the answer response time to unlimited, but only offers a 20 minute max response time option.

Mentimeter

Pros

The graphic of this software is decent, the presentations can be created either completely by oneself or by using offered templates. Several interesting functions can be added to it such as quizzes.

Cons

I guess the cons here are more than pros: it is a bit complicated compared to other similar products, and not all templates are free. Although the result can be downloaded in PDF format, but one cannot find that function at once, and after all the PDF file will be not only with Mentimeter mark on it, but it will also be of no great quality, it will look somehow a slightly blurred.

Not recomend the free version

Pros

The software has nice features and is a good solution for delivering training and keeping the audience engaged.

Cons

There are too many restrictions under the free version.

Absolutely Awesome!

I am VERY happy with Mentimeter and have already suggested it to several of my colleagues who are trying to think of a fun and innovative way to get people involved in their meetings.

Pros

This is great for using at a team meeting/presentation that requires collaboration or discussion. It is a fun and entertaining way to brainstorm ideas, instantaneously updates from votes people submit through their phones, and displays the information in an innovative and creative way. VERY high calibre software! DELIGHTED by my discovery of them.

Cons

There is nothing I have encountered thus far that I dislike.

Hi Rebekah, we all appreciate the review and positive feedback. We will continue to develop Mentimeter so you can enjoy us even more in the future

I was manipulated and paid annual fee!

horrible. I want my money back. this is deceiving customers by manipulating them.

Pros

it is just an ordinary app.There are other cheaper and more reliable apps that don't overcharge you.

Cons

They billed me annually and withdrew the money at one time. I thought I was going to be billed monthly once I subscribed but that was not the case. And now they say in their website that if I have used the app once they cannot refund my money back for the rest of the year! This is simply fraud! Also in the pricing plan you cannot even read the notification that it is the annual plan and you have to buy it annually! DO not ever buy this product.

Good tool for voting

Pros

Mentimeter is a simple and quick way to get real-time votes from a group of people. Whenever I do polling I use it. It has a free version so that is a plus. The free plan comes with unlimited questions and respondents. It is very intuitive and interactive when making presentations that requires the audience input.

Mentimeter

Pros

Mentimeter is a good tool for taking surveys and making them interactive.

Cons

Price. With all the free options available, there is nothing that makes this product stand out.