Setapp Logo

Setapp

Cloud-based productivity software for Mac and iOS users

Setapp Reviews

User ratings

4.7

See full reviews by rating

No Android apps for now. Setapp Mac app sometimes uses too many system resources in the background.

Setapp users...

Sofvie-logocaret

Sofvie

Mikogo-logocaret

Mikogo

Easymeeting-logocaret

Easymeeting

How would you rate Setapp?

Setapp User Review

Transcript

Andrew: I'm Andrew. I'm a director of Family Ministries. I give Setapp five out of five. And for more...

Incredible value for money

I first discovered SetApp while looking for a system cleaner for my Mac. I realised that it would be cheaper to get Clean My Mac X as part of the SetApp subscription, than buying it standalone. I didn't really expect to use any of the other software, but now that I'm a subscriber I use SO many of them. The value for money with SetApp is outstanding - I get a VPN, a system cleaner, a data recovery tool and so, so much more. I can see myself being a subscriber for a long, long time.

Pros

I doubt a better value-for-money software subscription service exists on the planet. Many of the platforms included cost more than the $10 a month fee alone, so considering there are well over 100 different softwares included, it's a no brainer. Standout software for me is Clean My Mac X, a fantastic system cleaner, and some of the utilities (Cleanshot, Meeter, Gemini etc).

Cons

I had some issues with some of the software, especially ClearVPN, and was also accidentally charge twice for my first month. These were minor issues however, and SetApp's fantastic support got me up and running and refunded the money very quickly.

Cheap and great

This is a quality product, a great interface at a terrific price.

Pros

This service has transformed my workflow and practice. The price to get some apps I was already using was cheaper than their direct prices. I also used it to find some quality gems.

Cons

Not thrilled by the recent run of free for a short period of time.

Increases the productivity of the entire department

Pros

Setapp is a great platform that provides access to the entire software catalog of the company.

Cons

Subscription model of Setapp should be revised in a way to be more flexible.

Thank you, Zafer!

Une grosse escroquerie et un support client absent

Pros

Avoir plein d'apps et les essayer en payant un seul abonnement. Sinon, quel intérêt ? Plein d'applications OK, mais la grande majorité sont justes inutiles ou situationnelles. Conviendra sans doute à un public ayant besoin de plein de "petites apps" mais si vous voulez juste une app en particulier, achetez-la sur le site de l'éditeur, ça vous coûtera moins cher...

Cons

Les applications peuvent être achetées séparément pour un prix fixe sur le site des éditeurs, il n'y a aucun intérêt de payer les 2-3 apps que vous utilisez ad vitam éternam avec un abonnement. Le client sur Mac est vraiment pénible. Et gros point noir : le service client. J'ai beau avoir fermé mon compte depuis 2 mois, je continue d'être prélevé sur ma carte bancaire. J'ai pourtant envoyé deux messages et pas de retour du support depuis un an. Fuyez cette grosse escroquerie.

Showing original review in French. See translation

A Toolbox that Keeps On Giving

Pros

Setapp gives me apps I didn't know I needed; I encounter an new workflow challenge or need to adapt a process, I open Setapp, and discover a product that does what I need. A few clicks, the app is installed and I'm ready to get productive.

Cons

The only thing I wish could be better about Setapp is about new apps; it would be great it Setapp would recommend their new app offerings to users, based on what apps we already use.

Thanks for the feedback!

Great and continuously updated of software bundle

We've been using Setapp for nearly a year now in our company and they really deliver on their promises. My team happily uses the big selection of apps (there is something for everyone) and we are always eager to check out the new apps that pop up every few weeks. Generally the apps are of high quality, but some haven't been updated in while and a few are very bare bones. They conducted customer research sessions with me and took all my feedback seriously - they really care for their users. Overall really good value for the price point.

Pros

- Contains many high quality apps - Pricing is very reasonable - Includes iOS and Mac apps - Mac app is nicely done - Great customer support

Cons

- Some apps haven't been updated in a while - Would be great to have a roadmap of what's to come (apps, features) in the future - No Android apps for now - Setapp Mac app sometimes uses too many system resources in the background - Few low quality apps - Switching existing users from one organisation to another can be a bit fiddly

SetApp is awesome

Wonderful! It was great from the beginning and I am constantly surprised by the new app offerings that they have. I use it all the time and I will support this company as much as I can. Go team!

Pros

I was one of the first to get setapp and I have been in love with it since the start. They update their library regularly and they partner with companies that make the service a staple of my software library.

Cons

I’m a bit old school and miss the days where I can buy software once and then I can have it forever. Setapp is a subscription based service and if you stop paying them all of the apps that you’ve been using are no longer available to use.

The Timing App is Worth The Cost of Subscription

Ulysses, Paste, Timing, Cleanshot are the must have apps in this suite.

Pros

The amount of software in the software is significant. The timing app along is worth the cost of admission.

Cons

Licensing across most of my devices gets tedious. Can get more expensive with multiple devices. The usefulness of 60% of the software on here is questionable and looks to only be added to increase the software number.

The best app bundle for mac

I love the app recommendations and how often new apps are added to the bundle.

Pros

There are a lot of great apps that I had already purchased before I got to know setapp. With the package, the value was much lower

Cons

Some apps are not great, thats is a little frustrating sometimes.

Must-have subscription if you are on mac

Pros

The amount of software in there is just amazing for the price that you are paying. It is all opt-in, meaning you have to find and choose what you want and install it to enjoy its benefits!

Cons

It is honestly quite good -- so I guess the only thing that is negative about is that it has too little apps?

Incredible, growing collection of apps for a flat rate - great way to save some $

Pros

Setapp is always my first stop when looking for an app that I need. They've curated an incredible assortment of apps, and there is literally something in their library for pretty much anything you need to do on your mac. At one flat subscription for all apps, this is one of the best deals out there, especially for small business owners still developing workflows and infrastructure.

Cons

Hard to think of anything I don't like. Some of the apps have an update process that's a bit more cumbersome than something you might purchase in the app store, but when I've run into this, the customer support for those apps has been very helpful.

Great value for the small price (but only if you get used to it)

Overall — I loved the ability to get an app that I need at a particular moment very quickly. I enjoyed it while I was using it. And if it wasn't for the lack of apps that I do find on the MacAppStore or very "niche" oriented (they are important in my workflow) — I would definitely continue as a paid subscriber. You have to try it for yourself and see if Setapp has you covered.

Pros

Setapp was very easy to install and start-up. It was a simple process when I needed to add more team members to our account. Getting the desired apps from their collection feels "integrated" and natural in a sense. Doesn't feel like you have to go through too many cluttered steps in order to get your solution.

Cons

The lack of apps that I truly want to see, and that I use daily — they are not there. Though, this is definitely subjective, and you have you try it on your own to see if the existing collection fits your daily/weekly needs.

Nice service but has no support

Pros

A lot of different and useful mac apps, now also for iPhone and iPad.

Cons

Customer support that doesn't fix bugs that prevent me from using one of their apps, don't follow up on the issue, and don't even answer the customer.

I can recommend it with clean conscience.

Pros

There's a lot of small apps that are useful, but not used everyday. Besides, there are some more apps that I use regularly and their singular licenses would cost me much, much more.

Cons

The programs base could be wider. It would be great to have all the software that is needed, I could even pay more to access other apps like Photoshop or other more advanced applications.

Setapp is the perfect app for the productivity and personal efficiency

I suggest starting your Setapp experience with the following apps - Cleanshot, CleanMyMac, Gemini, Downie, ClearVPN and iStatMenus.

Pros

Big amount of apps, great design, cheap price

Cons

Can't find how to change localization of the app to another language

Best Application Pool

I love Setapp and I want to use it next year. I hope new apps will be added.

Pros

I am using a lot of subscription-based tools with one price.

Cons

Adding additional device prices is very high.

Great App

Pros

All the available applications and the ease of use.

Cons

I have not found any Cons with this product.

One app to rule them all!

Setapp is like Christmas all year round. Great apps for SaaS addicts like me for a really low monthly fee. I'm delighted!

Pros

I'd read about Setapp a while ago and didn't really believe what it offers. I'm amazed at the quality of the apps included within Setapp and I've quickly come to realise that paying a low monthly fee for all these apps is totally worth it.

Cons

Nothing wrong with it so far. I'd just like them to keep bringing great apps into their catalogue.

Can't leave without Setapp

Overall, extremely happy with it. I was very skeptical about it. But now I can't leave with out.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is the ease of use, for one monthly price we can get all the software we need and the customer service.

Cons

I am very happy with the software. Just wish there was more softward.

Very nice assortment of useful tools

Pros

I love the fact that I have an access to a great number of useful apps. Using Setapp also saves me a lot of money. I don't need some apps everyday so I wouldn't buy them as standalone. However, with Setapp I don't ave to think about that.

Cons

I am extremely happy with the product and I don't have any cons.

Great apps and price!

Overall really good - we were excited about it to begin with, and I don't think we'd consider switching.

Pros

Lots of apps I was using anyway/wanted to buy. Good team set up. Really nice person at customer service who helped us with a custom account.

Cons

Honestly, I haven't noticed anything in particular.

Nice tool for creative people!

Pros

- it's cheaper than buy apps separately. - good way to work with photo&video editors (like GlueMotion, Photo Magico) and then upload content to Instagram via Uplet app

Cons

too complex iOS activation flow via QR code. I'd like to have a separate app on iPhone

Best bunddle software for macos

Great!

Pros

Ease of use Variety of the apps offered Reliability of deployment & updates

Cons

More apps are always welcome Better notifications on new apps Bteer description for some apps

Great for mac users

Pros

Swift knife of everything you need for mac productivity.

Cons

Nothing really. It's great value for so many apps that you can use.

Very innovative app with some gems available.

Great tools, fair price and innovative business model.

Pros

- Great number of apps to chose from - very easy to use and to install apps. - handy way to have apps on multiple devices. - A few apps are really high quality.

Cons

- Many apps are not that useful or very niche, and they vary in quality. - Unless you are using a handful of apps regularly, you are better off just buying the individual apps that you need. - It could be an amazing service if there were fewer, but higher quality apps. - Support is not always helpful.