SmartFile Reviews

Pros

SmartFile has been a valuable tool for our business, and we use it for document transfer. I am not certain if we are using all of the SmartFile features to our best advantage.

Carol M.

This is a great solution and helps us streamline a very important process.

Evelyn M.

Overall its a good cost effective package to solve secure file transfer needs.

Saquib K.

Cons

There is a lack of features for the on-premise version.

Justin E.

The automation of our file upload to the site is hit or miss.

William B.

Uploading and downloading can be painfully slow at times. And no, its not our internet.

Zach W.

4.3

Quality FTP for your Business

Pros

I really enjoyed almost every feature provided by SmartFile, including the easy to use interface that can be customized to emulate brand look and feel and the ability to create a hub for my clients to use.

Cons

The only piece that I didn't appreciate was the price. My business is fairly small so the costs can quickly add up but I know SmartFile is the best solution for my business and clients and that is whay matters most.

Willo Review

Pros

Cost efficient, easy to deploy and use with our customers, fast

Cons

Mostly a few UI/UX implementations regarding managing users, groups, shares. Some small attention on this front could yield goodness.

Has potential but need some flushing out of features

We eventually ended up abandoning the product due to other options in the file sharing space providing the needed features and storage requirements. At the time we stopped using the product many of the features were advertised but "coming soon" I do not know if this was the case but the cost of the solution overall with the limited capabilities was an issue that required us to look into other companies for our needs.

Pros

The interface for user management was easy to use and adding external clients was very simple.

Cons

There is a lack of features for the on-premise version. Some of the features that were advertised and sold to us as being available were not on the on-premise version and at the time of our use of this product there was no ETA in bringing those integrations in.

Does what it says it does

Pros

I like that it allows the use of filezilla

Cons

Seems to hang up if your upstream is not very good

Overall really good but room for improvement

Pros

This is a great out of the box solution. It was fairly easy to set up. Nothing difficult to administer. Overall, this is exactly what we needed and I'm very glad we use SmartFile.

Cons

There are so many little things that are easy fixes that would make the experience much more pleasant. I don't have a problem uploading files (i use it nearly every day) but a lot of the people on our team that use SmartFile struggle with certain things. Little things like having to click upload and then dragging and dropping in the the drop zone (that doesn't highlight when you drag a file over...

TBD

TBD, building a business process and the single coupling to Okta has made us rethink our approach but in a way it’s a good thing because we’ve decoupled storage from user context.

Pros

The offering provides a very polished interface and the ability to set your own branding are very well implemented in SmartFile.

Cons

SSO provider support is limited solely to Okta which, while one of the larger providers in the space this sole point of support suggests that support and integration are generally intended to focus support, integration, and their business offering to Fortune 500 organizations.

Mark - Thanks for taking the time to give us your feedback, and I agree that our SSO options are limited. This limitation is due to SmartFile having one of the largest FTP user bases in the world. Over 75% of our user activities are FTP, and our user permissions are built to support this. Most SSO providers (ie. Google, Facebook, LinkedIn) only support an email as a username and therefore does not...

Great platform

Pros

Easy to use and to set up. Does exactly what we needed without the pains of an FTP site. Great web interface.

Cons

There could be better communication on new features.

8 years of use

Almost flawless

Pros

- Wide variety of services and functions - Wide variety of connexion type - Almost no downtime - Automations - Good support

Cons

- Price can be lower (depend on the services you really need) - Access to Custom Branding only for higher price plan

SmartFile Review

I am required to keep BU off site

Pros

Lots of options to tailor cost to need Just keeps working

Cons

Options don't well match my needs I would like an option for old versions to be deleted so usage does not continuously grow.

SmartFile - Good Value

Overall the service works good, Support is good.

Pros

Unlimited storage / Unlimited users for the one price

Cons

System is slow. Updates sometimes break features and have to wait until next update to get fixed.

Great unlimited sharing platform. FTP and webdav support are a huge plus!

Pros

Ease of use and setup of shares and links. accessibility for users.

Cons

When issues do arise, we have had lackluster support in some cases. we have had this product for over 5 years.

Review of SmartFile

The business problem that SmartFile solves is allowing lots of file storage which I use for daily backups of mission critical files.

Pros

First and foremost, I like the fact that this service exists. I needed a place to backup files via ftp, and there are few places that allow for using ftp and allow this much file storage. There are a lot of features offered that I was not looking for, but they sure do come in handy. It is nice to have a web based interface and to be able to quickly generate and share a link with an expiration date.

Cons

We have had some issues with a false message saying we reached our limit. I have been working with tech support, and they are assisting with the issue. Tech support responds quickly, and I really do appreciate that.

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. Our engineers were made aware of this issue and are currently working on a patch to resolve the problem. We do apologize for the inconvenience and will continue to update all customers experiencing this issue with our progress.

Perfect if you are not setting up your own FTP Server

Our experience with SmartFile has been a positive one. We use it to transport files to and from our sister studios in China and we find that this is one of the only FTP servers that makes it to China.

Pros

My colleges and I love that we can access our files via the web anytime.

Cons

The web portal times out on long downloads and we do get partial downloads that way, smaller files are fine to be accessed that way but when moving project files over 11gigs, we have to use FileZilla or any other FTP clients since those can be set up to continue an upload/download without having to start all over again.

An easy to use FTP file management with powerful features

Pros

What I like about SmartFile is that is easy to use and provides powerful features for companies that rely on FTP as part of their business. I like how we can organize everything and specially how we can give access to clients to upload the files needed to work on their projects. The main reason we had chosen SmartFile is that we do business in China and the US and file transferring is a problem due to China's security wall. SmartFile manages this very well and it was the best service we tried uploading files from the US to download them in China. More than 5 services tried, some of them more expensive, and SmartFile was the fastest.

Cons

The software provides us with what we need. If could improve something, it would be the interface. It's easy to navigate but needs a revamp to make it look more up to date.

SmartFile Review

My overall experience has been positive. Our customers and prospect appreciate the secure FTP capability. We have found the system very easy to administer, and the tech support has been very responsive.

Pros

The thing I like most about SmartFile is that it provided me a quick way to get out of my on-prem FTP server and easily provide secure inbound and outbound FTP to my customers.

Cons

If I could change anything about SmartFile it would be two things. I would like more control over the configuration of the system generated emails. I would like to customize them more. The other thing would be a more straightforward way of creating common folders that all of our administrators could share.

Smartfile - A Real Solution for File Sharing

Overall, Smartfile has been an absolute gem for me and my colleagues. Uploading and downloading for both employees and client is very easy and intuitive.

Pros

Smartfile does exactly what I need it to do. The ability to send and receive large files in addition to sharing them in vast levels of secure measures.

Cons

My only gripes right now is that you cannot share files and get feedback on the files themselves. For example, if I send a video I am working on with a client, I cannot create a centralized "hub" for feedback like some competitors do. The only other capability that I wish it would have would be having desktop capabilities to upload/manage content.

Great Product, Great Price

They have been very helpful and when we do have problems their support is very timely and they have resolved all of our problems in a very short amount of time. Very happy with the product

Pros

It is easy to use I set up managers for their own areas and let them create their own users. It is easy for people to use, even non technical people.

Cons

As managers create users for their area and when the manager leaves the users are still tied to a manage that is no longer with the company. I wish there was a way to take all of the users who are tied to a manager and move them to a new account.

Good tool for our business

Pros

We like the flexibility of Smart File, where we can set up branded portals for our clients, and provide them with links and passwords for secure access. We can set up our own file structure, and have control over whether clients can download or download and upload.

Cons

We have had several occasions where the site was unavailable due to technical difficulties.

Good Service

Smartfile seems to be a small firm, or they just have support who monitors activity. The bottom line, they are very timely in responding to the emails in the past.

Pros

I needed an online service to be able to share confidential files with people I work with. I chose this service because I am able to create the user names/passwords and then I am able to verbally give them the information. All they have to do is login and download the file(s). This seems safer than sending links to websites via email. That system does not seem as secure since those emails could be intercepted.

Cons

The limit of users is the issue for me. In my case, I will need a user from anywhere from 4 to 8 weeks, on average. But that is not in constant use. I may send a file(s) to them a handful of times during that time. So, I rotate the 4 account names quite often, depending on who needs a file at the time. More users at a lower rate might interest me in paying for more users, considering the small file sizes / frequency of access I have.

Great service

We use SmartFile to move large image files and CAD files.

Pros

SmartFile helps us achieve the necessary connections with our overseas vendors and our domestic customers. Some services similar to SmartFile could not reliably connect to in some countries, such as China.

Cons

I would like to see a better API that is also better documented.

GREAT INTERNATIONAL FILE TRANSFER SOLUTION

My company was unable to effectively share files with our printers in China. Smartfile enabled this necessity for us successfully.

Pros

I really like that I am able to transfer files internationally easily and know that my customer or vendor is able to download the files I send them with little or no problems.

Cons

When generating a shared link I detest having to go in and check a box every single time that says all files within a folder will be shared before I generate a shared link. This should be automatic as it is on other cloud data transfer solutions. Many of my coworkers who don't use smartfile often don't realize this has to be done and miss this important step in sharing files.

Smart File

Pros

Very simple to setup Users acclimated with ease

Cons

Confusing platform to share files, The buttons are not obvious on how to use it. (took me a while to figure out i needed to push the upload button, the 0% made me think it was already uploading. I needed to make directions for all of my users on how to use this service, and they were detailed with screenshots.

Smart File Review

We are connecting all ten of our members to our files in a very efficient and cost-effective way.

Pros

The software is really easy to use and we have not had any issues in over a year.

Cons

We really have not had any issues at all. The only thing I have noticed is that sometimes my login will expire when downloading a large file and so I have to start over.

Perfect Fit For Our Company

We use it on a daily basis, Finding files is very easy.

Pros

It is very easy to use. Seamless integration with our software.

Cons

I have never had an issue using Smart File.

over all good product

love it but can not replace other services because of Video upload speed

Pros

very easy to setup and configure for everything

Cons

it is running very slow for video files