BuildPro

Construction Management software for home builders

BuildPro Reviews

Erin M.

The to do list is great as it brings up everything that needs to be addressed or scheduled based on leadtimes. It’s a great starting point every morning.

James B.

Paul J.

Ryan R.

My main complaint is many times, when I go to view documents, it takes to to a white screen, and I have to drill all the way back down to try again.

Mark H.

Myles C.

4.3

Decent product with a high price tag for production builders.

Transcript

David M.: Hi, I'm David. I'm the assistant operational manager in a home building industry, and I give...

Great Application

We have leveraged our database to tie the CMs bonus based on milestones completed and the stage of construction. A/P has also become streamlined. Lien releases give full view of all items paid and has been utilized in stated that do not require liens.

Pros

Admin users and managers get full insight into the build process. Jobs can be audited in the field based on schedule updates and payments are seamless.

Cons

There is not a great emphasis placed on the scheduling aspect of the system (both from a development and professional services perspective). The SupplyPro app should be leveraged with location settings to notify the CM that the trade is onsite doing the work today. Reschedule notifications should show the vendor how their schedule is impacted.

Vinnie, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! Hyphen Solution Marketing marketing@hyphensolutions.com

The sky is the limit for this already time-proven software solution we know as Hyphen Solutions

Our overall experience has been very good and Hyphen Solutions has demonstrated professionalism in their development and in any service requests we have submitted. We've been doing this for 34 years and Hyphen is the strongest in our experience. With cost-containment and ongoing improvements it will remain an industry leader in my opinion.

Pros

Having used Hyphen with many national and local Homebuilder Customers over the last 15 years, we have benefited in our Communication, Scheduling, Service Response Performance and Invoicing.

Cons

The cost has consistently increased as Hyphen Solutions has changed their billing models. It is the most expensive software subscription we use in its "software product category". One weakness that needs work is that when the core Customer implements Hyphen, we are often not notified as Vendors for some time and this communication gap stalls the onboarding and creates a weak first-start experience at times.

Decent product with a high price tag for production builders.

The overall experience with BuildPro was easy on our office, yet troublesome with our Project Managers and Vendors at times. Hyphen themselves were always helpful in teaching, training, and informing us of the product's capabilities. But due to some minor glitches and some inconsistency among builders and projects this product gained a typical groan during meetings. This prorgam, in my opinion, is great for builders who are doing only 200 or fewer homes a year.

Pros

The integration of Supply Pro and Build Pro is a solid idea and has been executed well. When used the scheduling was very helpful in training new PMs. The Hyphen Team was helpful

Cons

The price tag is high for production builders. Essentially this is a file management/scheduling software program and I dont see the value in paying a price tag per home. It would have been great to look at prices per community and such. Also many of our PMs had troubles with changes not being made while offline. Had trouble scheduling while working on Condo/Apartment projects.

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced within BuildPro. We strive to continually improve our products as we are committed to providing you the best tools. I have contacted our Support team and someone should reach out to you soon to further assist you. Kind regards, Hyphen Solutions Marketing

Updates To BuildPro That Will Help Functionality

Overall, the experience with BuildPro is pretty smooth. There are a few things that effect the functionality and usability, but overall the experience is smooth. There are minor things that could make the experience better.

Pros

BuildPro is pretty easy to navigate. Block scheduling makes the system much easier to use. It is easy to find uploaded documents, find information, etc.

Cons

BuildPro Calendar is a static in its functions. Single Day View shows a whole 2 week calendar. It also does allow you to drag/move tasks to a new date from this interface. That would help tremendously. We can currently write EPOs to multiple jobs within whichever community we are writing the EPO for that particular lot, it would be nice to write an EPO and be able to write it for multiple jobs within whatever community we are assigned to. Lastly, we find ourselves having to re-write EPOs that were written to the wrong vendor once they are approved or rejected. It would be great to be able to adjust the EPO after it has been approved or rejected to escape having to write another EPO.

Pros

BuildPro makes day to day operation a lot easier to do. By letting the PM update their job information on site it allows us to be a mobile company to have jobs all over the Seattle area.

Cons

Since we have BuildPro through FAST we are not sure the best way to get customer service when we have an issue.

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback! We will support BuildPro functionality for all BuildPro clients. If it is determined during the process that the issue resides within FAST, we can guide you on what needs to be addressed with FAST support. If needed, we would be happy to hop on the call with FAST support as well. Please feel free to reach out if you have additional questions! Hyphen Solution Marketing marketing@hyphensolutions.com

Hyphen

Overall I like it from my perspective. It help to track everything. It does not let me know that schedule changes are received when I change them. Also the fact I can’t alter my own template personally makes schedule change divert time consuming. If I change something or need to flip tasks it throws the whole template off which means I must go one by one to change schedules

Pros

It covers a large amount of info and has a lot of ability to track everything. Wish it integrated with supply pro a bit easier. As it is one of many systems it seems to be a beast of burden to some subs that are not as computer savvy and can create redundancy have to schedule then send a separate email and call

Cons

There is so much it can be overwhelming to those less tech savvy. The integration from new star to buildpro to supply pro can be sketchy

Purchasing side of BuildPro

Our build times have lowered considerably, we spend less time with vendors since all their active and future PO's are visible to them. Communication between vendor and super is all review able.

Pros

very easy to navigate through the system to see jobs. some of the reports are excellent, very easy to pull up PO's see job status. Approval of EPO's is so easy. PO's are all visible for vendor save time with vendors inquiring about PO's.

Cons

Can not run reports that are tailored to filter down to specfic items.

Avid BuildPro User

BuildPro has improved our efficiencies of our scheduling and helped eliminate paper and pen processes. It has been a great tool for our builders and we are working on using the Warranty Module so that we can reap the benefits on the customer service side. It is a great tool for homebuilding companies.

Pros

Ease of communication; used among trade partners; web-based and no portal to remote into

Cons

More training documents are needed for Supply side; Builder side is fairly easy to use but can be trouble-some with internet connections

Super product/service

Scheduling/payment and trade accountability at my finger tips.

Pros

I use primarily for scheduling and payment. My current template is very easy to use and adjust. All schedules and payments in one place make for headache free scheduling and follow up.

Cons

I currently do not have ability to preview schedules before saving and updating trades on started task. It would be awesome to have the option to roll hard coded dates along with scheduled task.

Makes my job easier

Never had any issues.

Pros

The ability to track progress and add notes

Cons

I Liked everything. Only headache was the migration process when the old company was bought out and we had to transfer from CAL BuildPro to LENNAR BuildPro.

Hyphen Solution for Construction Subs.

Overall it is an asset to our business. One item is that our builder did not realize there was a cost associated with this product to there subs, or at least they did not pass that information on to us. This needs to be calculated into my cost of doing business for a builder.

Pros

I really like that I can see all upcoming jobs for scheduling through payment. It is very inclusive of all the information I need to do our work for our Builder

Cons

I wish there was a report that listed jobs completed but not yet scheduled for payment. I could track cash flow a little better with that type of report.

Thank you for your review Jane. We are pleased BuildPro has helped you successfully see and schedule upcoming jobs through to payment. We are continuously making improvements that will help you with productivity and efficiency. We provided your feedback to our Customer Experience team. Please contact us if you ever need assistance. Thanks again for your review.

Terrific scheduling and communication tool!

As our trade partners come to trust our scheduling and communication through BuildPro, they gain more faith in us as a builder. That trust level and the ease of submitting and completing items for payment makes us the builder of choice

Pros

I love the ease of scheduling, rescheduling, and communicating with our trade partners. Being able to track schedule changes and review performance based on that data allows me to have constant control of my schedule, making me more effective and efficient.

Cons

Occasional bugs and failures are frustrating. Spending time to create a schedule only to have the system fail and lose my dates is very frustrating. Errors with sending notes is too common

Helpful Software - Still growing up

As stated we fully believe that BuildPro works. We are working through the minor issues with schedules easily. We are unsure of the supplier side communications. We also have strong feelings that the Admin resources are lacking enough information to be useful at this time.

Pros

I like that the software fills a gap for builders and had created the standard for a cross functional communicator for builders and sub-contractors. I have no doubt that the programmers are constantly working for improvements. From a general contracting perspective the schedule tool functions nicely and new add on features so far have been welcome.

Cons

Reports. The so-called canned reports are not designed with a holistic intent of solid reporting and seem to be whatever someone paid for a report gets dumped in line as an available report. A number of them do not function. I would love to see a report writer that allowed selection of key data to be easily added/subtracted.

BuildPro - user

Reducing the need for printed copies of plans and specifications. Primarily to avoid the need for field staff and work crews to come to the office for these items (especially during the COVID-19 pandemic). Online, the information is available 7x24 as long as you have a device with a web browser. To date, have NOT experienced an outage or issue with accessing the system

Pros

Access to builders' plans and exterior colors/options for us as a subcontractor. Eliminating the need for paper copies for the office, the field supervisor and the work crew. Access through the Internet via web browser on smart phone, tablet or laptop.

Cons

There is a lack of integration between this and other competing products - often need to either do a screen capture, then paste it into a document for import into another system, or downloading a file as a PDF to likewise import/export. Requiring creating own scripts to automate some of this.

Thank you Jim much appreciated. We always appreciate feedback from our valued customers! Our Customer Experience and Product Development teams continue to make updates and enhancements and we have forwarded your feedback. Thank you again.

Best In The Business

We are doing more WITH BuildPro than we could ever do without it.

Pros

Best in the business. You are not going to find any other construction scheduling software out there that is going to do what BuildPro does.

Cons

It can get complicated with regards to integration and implementation. Less a limitation of the software than just a fact of life.

Don, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from our current users as we strive to continue to enhance our products! Please feel free to reach out to us directly of ways we can improve our products at marketing@hyphensolutions.com. - The Hyphen Team

Hyphen Solutions (BuildPro)

It is not a bad experience, it works good for what I use it, but there is definitely room for improvement.

Pros

The most impressive thing is the amounts of data that BuildPro contains.

Cons

Some items are too sensitive and will not allow our system to integrate properly if everything is not aligned perfectly, there should be some flexibility. Also, when spreadsheets are created, there is too much information within a single cell, it would be a lot more beneficial and time saving if information in the cells was a bit more broken up.

Good Service but could be better

Its definitely a great experience and I believe is in line with the wave of the future but I think it does need some tweaking to make the overall experience simple, easy and effective

Pros

Having all invoices and trades located in a central location is amazing! When documents are loaded correctly the invoice backup is very easy to find and match to what the trade is requesting to be paid

Cons

Some of the features are confusing and causes our trades to have a difficult time requesting the correct amount to bill against

Buildpro

Overall experience with Hyphen Solutions has been outstanding! They had the representative come out and give us training and use it in the field every day as we have has proven to be most effective and helpful during construction

Pros

The fact that the functionality is user-friendly, and can communicate with the vendor in a timely fashion. Also the ease of notifications

Cons

There should be an option or notes can be read right from the task. At times has gotten stuck having to call customer support, which in turn was very helpful

Thoughts

Would like more webinars, user group to see how others are utilizing software

Pros

We appreciate the instant communication with vendors

Cons

Struggle with getting IBSWIN/BuildPro communication flow

Hi Kathy, We appreciate your time to provide us a review and feedback. One of BuildPro's main functions is to seamlessly connect the supply-chain network and we are so pleased you have had success with it! The ease of communication between builders and suppliers is essential when running a successful home building business. We are happy to hear BuildPro has made your job easier! We currently host a monthly User Group meeting that we welcome you to join if you haven't already. Our team will reach out to you to provide more details.

Michael Review for Supply Pro

Pros

I use this website mainly to get lot specific plans for AV Home Builders. They are very easy to access and they are already in PDF format which some other websites do not have.

Cons

Unless you do not use this often, it might be a little confusing on how to get to the plans. You have to go to "view builder documents" then do a bunch of scrolling to get to the plan you need. There might be a shortcut to them but I don't know what that is.

Easy Use

They are amazing. You call customer service and they are so friendly and helpful giving information on the front end and back end. They can see if we have POs pending to be released.

Pros

The search functionality is good. Can search through many different areas and can see the entire house at a time.

Cons

That only when the builders push them through to us do they show up when purchasing makes them. Some builders aren't good at releasing them to us.

Builder’s review

Pros

Buildpro documents EVERYTHING. I no longer have to debate if a schedule was sent to a vendor on tie, if the PO was correct, or anything like that. Also, I can add notes throughout the build either to the vendor or for myself as a reminder when complete and reviewing cycle time.

Cons

Biggest issue with the software is it’s response time. Occasionally I have vendors who claim that even though I released a task on Monday, it didn’t show up in their supplypro until Tuesday morning. Never had more than a 24 hour lag though.

From a data engineer perspective

Pros

The flexibility with the different modules including customer care and reporting. Technical Support is excellent. Getting data replication running was pretty painless via log shipping. It's quite configurable to company specifics - I've been with three companies that all used it slightly differently but equally successfully.

Cons

Some pretty fundamental reporting capabilities are exceptionally expensive if you need anything that isn't prebuilt. It isn't the prettiest UI on the front end, but it's effective. Spartan, perhaps is the appropriate word.

Rob, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from our current users as we strive to continue to enhance our products! Please feel free to reach out to us directly of ways we can improve our products at marketing@hyphensolutions.com - The Hyphen Team

Almost there

Needs a few more options as stated above to be the perfect platform

Pros

It’s ability to mass communicate to all trades. The more effort one puts into the template and set up the better it works.

Cons

The schedule needs the ability to split interior tasks from exterior tasks so that the two schedules may move separately. Also, need the ability to assign tasks as critical or non critical.

Pros and Cons

Positive

Pros

The ease of using the software and the ability to streamline the building process

Cons

Integration issues with the back end software we use

Simon, Thank you for your feedback! We love hearing from our current users as we strive to continue to enhance our products! Please feel free to reach out to us directly of ways we can improve our products at marketing@hyphensolutions.com - The Hyphen Team