Clear Estimates Reviews - Page 2

JM

Joel M.

Best investment in construction

The biggest benefit to this is having accurate quoting. Since I started using it, I was able to increase my profit margins from 10% to 30% and capture more clients along the way.

Pros

This is easily one of the best investments I have ever purchased. With quarterly pricing updates and customization proposal forms, it allows me to stand out from other companies with clear and professional quotes and bids. I've done over 100 bids on here and probably capture 80%-90% of the clients.

Cons

This doesn't have a simple feature to convert my quotes into itemized invoices once completed. If it had that feature, this would be all that I would need. It took a while to get used to and to modify for my needs (and I still need to change a few things), but once I got the templates set up, it was fine. Some of the categories use the wrong labor code so I have to pay attention, but that is relatively a small deal.

Thanks for taking the time to write this, Joel! It's great to hear the software has not only helped increase professionalism but also increase your margins! Our team is actually working on a feature to itemize invoicing. This is something we're very excited about and will let you know when it is active. Thanks again - The Clear Estimates Team.

GK

Grant K.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Well-Designed Estimating Software for Small to Mid-Sized Construction Businesses

Clear Estimates has saved me countless hours over the past few months. I used Contractor Foreman previously and Clear Estimates may not include as many project management-related features, but it is far and away the better choice for putting together estimates, quotes, and project proposals.

Pros

Once you modify the provided tasks to fit the projects you do and the way you bid your work, Clear Estimates allows you to bid out the standard components of a project by the piece or by area. If you track the actual time and materials required to complete a particular component over many jobs and get an accurate figure for the per piece or per square foot cost, this method of bidding can save you a huge amount of time by allowing you to extrapolate from the number of pieces/area of the installation to an accurate estimate of the time and materials required. Once the library of pieces has been built out or adapted, you can create a finished estimate in a few minutes.

Cons

The system for adding sales tax to a proposal is a little clunky, but if you're familiar with the various tax rates in your work area, it's only a minor inconvenience.

KM

Kim M.

Overall a good product

We have been overall happy with the program. It is really hard to teach someone new how to use it though. We have a new employee and there have been several huge mistakes that have costs our company money in the long run due to over seeing some things.

Pros

Produces estimates fast, great to keep track of jobs, easy to change estimates for customers, cuts down on the time spent on the estimate

Cons

The search function is not great at all. It take a long time and rarely find what you need. The organization of parts seems to not be consistent. Sometimes the removal of things are within the right categories and sometimes they are in a general category. It is very time consuming to have to look in both categories. It does not integrate with quickbooks, which would make sending estimates a lot easier. Right now we have to save to word and then go to email and select the document to send to a customer, very time consuming.

Hi Kim, Thank you so much for taking the time for writing the review, we really appreciate it and glad you are generally happy with the product. I'll get in touch with you to hear more about the error you were talking about with your new employee. We're always looking for ways to improve the software so hearing about a problem like that will help us avoid it in the future. We also do integrate with Quickbooks, so I'll help you work through that. Jack Clear Estimates Support

AM

Arnold M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

My Clear estimate review.

I've been using Clear estimates software for about 4 years and the Program is very compatible with other programs out there. What makes Clear estimate different is that it is user-friendly and the layout of the program is very professional. When I hand my estimate over to my customer it's very well laid out and detailed . What I like most about Clear estimate Besides it's layout it pretty much covers all the trades. But the best thing is that it's very affordable for contractors like me that runs a small business.

Pros

What I like most about this software is being able to set up Parts & Templates which makes putting together an estimate a lot faster which means you have more time to oversee your business.

Cons

The thing I least like about this software is not being able to use it for insurance work. What I mean by that is some jobs I get may be from insurance companies and the estimate might call for dehumidifiers and fans board ups stuff like that. But I can get by with it.

KC

Kevin C.

Construction,

Great product it has helped my business.

I do not like the estimating side of my business cause I am bad at it and I tend to be optimistic which causes me to short myself in the long run. I started using this product to help me with the process to get estimates out faster and to know I am giving a good estimate that doesn't short me. It has helped me in that aspect for sure. The customer service is superb. There is this little icon u click...

Pros

Easy of use, price, use on any device, customer support, the quarterly updates for pricing, and formal look of the estimates, and being able to email the directly from clearestimates to my customers.

Cons

Does not import directly in to quickbooks online. If it did that it would be perfect for me. I prefer using quickbooks online so I can use the program from any where like clearestimates.

Hi Kevin, Thank you for the review. It is our number one priority to help you win bids, and I am thrilled our software has helped you to do so. In the future, we do plan to integrate with QuickBooks online. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens. As always, let us know if any questions come up! - The Clear Estimates Team

CR

Chuck R.

Worth every dollar!!!

I used this software when it first came out. Now it has come a long way on appearance and functionality. As far as learning a new software, the curve was easy for me. If you are a small contractor this is a must for speed of quoting and accuracy. Also with the reports function you look as professional as the big guys. If you want to step up your company, get Clear Estimates!!!

Pros

Easy to learn. Professional looking reports. The ease of updates prices for material and labor. Customer support is spot on. And the software was created by remodelers that understand the struggle. They are always striving to make the software better.

Cons

Some minor software updates could be done. A mobile version could also help a lot more small business.

Hi Chuck, Thank you for the review! We're happy to have you on board again. We are thrilled to hear you like the improvements we've made since you have been gone. We appreciate the kind words. Happy estimating!

ZB

Zack B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Only great experiences using Clear Estimates!

I've been a Clear Estimates subscriber for several years now and couldn't imagine what I'd do without the program.

Pros

I'm not very technologically advanced and struggle greatly with estimates as well. Clear estimates was as easy to work with as possible and the real selling point for me is their amazing customer service. I will never be great at using any software but several times I have emailed questions or called their customer support and I have always been able to speak with a live person who smoothly assists me through my issues. The quick response time is amazing and I have grown to count on their availability to help me with any issues and they have never let me down.

Cons

If I had to choose I guess I'd like it to be a bit cheaper but in all honesty it is a really good value and worth every cent. But who doesn't want everything a bit cheaper?

Hi Zack! We appreciate you taking the time to write this. It's our priority to familiarize you with the program and to help you resolve any issues should they come up. It's great to hear our support staff has been helpful in doing so. Thank you for taking the time to write this and know that we will continue to provide you with the best tool we can. - The Clear Estimates Team

MB

Mark B.

Perfect Answer to Estimating

Been with them from the start up , great customer service and always striving to make things better for remodeling estimating . We searched and tried many other software options for estimating our large projects , maintenance , and repairs and were pleased to find CE nailed it for quoting everything we do and almost instantly made our estimating chore quick and painless.

Pros

User Friendly / Excellent adjustable database / Easy to make proposal changes for re-submittal /Proposals that Clients Complement Every time

Cons

No Cons with this software , we adjusted to fit our needs .

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to write this. We've appreciated your support over the years. It means a lot to us to know that Clear Estimates has been a helpful solution for your estimating needs. We do our best to continually update the program based on customer feedback. We hope you are enjoying the new changes! - The Clear Estimates Team

WM

Walter M.

Personal Review

I have used the software and do appreciate the way it does the calculation. There are some areas that could use improving. Most of my estimating is for outdoor structures and may be it is me but it is hard to find a set of items that I use in my work. We do structures for outside like water features, fire features, Pergolas... It may be because i do not know where to look to find these items. I know I can construct my own I just do not have the time. I have also found that the prices our a tad high for my region even though I use a local area for cost estimating. If it is possible for there to be an area for the above items to be added would be greatly appreciated. Enjoy using the software.

Pros

Help out a good bit in my estimating . Like how items are arranged in there categories. I need to attend a call to help me set up some of the line items listed above. Love how the customer support is always there to help!!!! Love the way that allows you to go in and change/manipulate the results.

Cons

Could have categories in other areas. What I do not like about the software has it benefits as well . When you input the customer info it draws on past results which is awesome but at the same time it can be a issue. Not that much of a bigge

Thanks for the kind words, Walter. We are glad to hear that our software has improved your estimates. As you know, Clear Estimates is fully customizable, allowing you to create as many line items as you wish. I would be happy to set up a call with you to explain how to create some custom outdoor features. Be on the look out for an email. - The Clear Estimates Team.

KH

Kyle H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Over all I am very satisfied with the program.

Pros

Easy to put together an estimate with in minutes.

Cons

Reports page needs more options. You should be able to put the disclaimer, project disruption etc... any where you would like. Right now it’s gets all jumbled at the top of e proposals.

KS

Keith S.

estimating basics

I bought this after trying several others. As a small business, I couldn't afford to spend a lot of money up front.

Pros

The estimates seem to be right on for both Materials costs and the labor hours. As my own fault, I don't put enough overhead in the projects.

Cons

I wish I could edit the markups on the alternates individually I wish I could print out the alternates in detail on a combined report, not separately . I wish the tree would expand based on specifics (more like a windows tree) as opposed to scrolling down the whole thing, then having to scroll back up to close. I wish there was some way to track the projects... i.e. bids submitted, waiting on customer. signed.. completed.

Hi Keith, thanks for taking the time to review our software. We are happy to hear that Clear Estimates pricing is accurate for your area. Individual markups is something we would like to implement in the future. Thanks for the input. - The Clear Estimates Team

CM

Cabel M.

Great product

This system is great for construction. This system has let me grow my business in a short period of time.

Pros

The pre loaded templates and tasks allowed me to go from putting out 3-5 estimates a day to 15-25 estimates a day.

Cons

Hate that you can not filter the customer list better. Here are some of the filter options I need. Filter customers to see who hasn't paid yet. Filter by approved, open and declined jobs.

AH

Alan H.

The Good the Bad and the Ugly

Response time to some questions is lengthy. Some functions don't work as easy as you would think. Accessing the drop down box on current customers I challenging, you hit the drop down arrow for the customer list and the list goes away. You have to continue to hit the drop down arrow.

Pros

Easy add change orders and change prices

Cons

Payment schedule sometimes doesn't stay changed when you go back and forth on different job project.

Alan, thanks for taking the time to write us a review. Since we are now cloud based, our software is constantly being updated. Look out for a refined customer search feature soon. - The Clear Estimates Team

Lynette C.

Construction, self-employed

Super time saver

The customer service is outstanding. I had a one-on-one call with CSR to help with a few questions I had, and he was extremely helpful - patiently explaining those things I was confused about. With the new search feature, I am now extremely happy with this product and am very glad to have found it.

Pros

How much faster it is to put accurate estimates together. I also like ability to adjust the labor rates and hourly multiplier for bigger crews. The templates help make sure I don't miss including necessary parts to the proposals, and the ability to edit items for individual jobs is easy and convenient.

Cons

At this time, it does not integrate with QuickBooks Online, something that I have been told they are working toward. I found adding Alternates to the quote to be a little confusing with all the different areas that they can be entered, and still do to a certain extent.

Hi Lynette! Thank you so much for the feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying the recent changes. Everything we have done is based on our customer feedback. The new search feature should allow for much faster estimating. Our Quickbooks online integration is coming very soon. Within the next couple weeks, actually! I'll have a member of our team reach out regarding alternates - we're happy to provide a more in depth explanation about those. - The Clear Estimates Team

RC

Robert C.

Great tool

Overall clear estimates has been extremely helpful building estimates and has saved time estimating projects

Pros

The customer service is excellent, website is easy to use and very customizable presents information in easy to use context.

Cons

I wish there was an option to use offline, some of the templates and parts are hard to find, I wish there were more parts and a different way to sort them or an alternate way to search phrases or components maybe smart assist estimate building like a questioner about the project being estimated then an ai suggest components to add or a way to review your estimate for errors.

RC

Richard C.

Construction,

Clear Estimates is number 1 of it's kind!

Pros

This software site has a definite ease of accessibility, you can quickly visit the app and input customer information and pull up a detail proposal on you project in a respectively short amount of time

Cons

Only real drawback I've seen is that the templates and available data need to be added to. There is a mountain of data available to provide quotes on projects but there could be much much more, I've many times run into a situation where that pricing simply isn't here. However this app is the best in it's field based on price, accessibility, and output of the required paperwork once you've properly setup your account with your personal information.

MW

Michael W.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Review of software

I have recommended you to Residential Services of Tulsa - not sure if they are using your software ****

Pros

Ease of use and easy to train - great access - very little trouble with the functionality - support is very good

Cons

Very little customization in the reports

Glad to hear that you have found our simple and easy to use design of the software helpful, Michael. Also, thanks for the feedback in relation to the reports section, it is great to hear about our customer's specific needs. We will dive a bit deeper into this issue, be on the lookout for an email from us. - The Clear Estimates Team

JK

John K.

Best So Far

I don't don't think any estimating program out there is exactly a perfect fit, but this this one comes as close as I've tried.

Pros

Flexibility, customizable, great support and now on the cloud.

Cons

There is a number of things I would like to change to fit us better but it is excellent for the most part.

Hi John, Thanks for the kind words. We're glad you find the flexibility and customization of Clear Estimates useful.

JL

John L.

Building Materials, 1-10 employees

Estimate review

Very easy and convient to use out in the field.

Pros

It's really easy to use . I like how it helps with prices and any questions I have I get a same day response. Very happy with software.

Cons

I won't let me send as a text message only email.

TB

Terry B.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Overall good estimating software but lacks estimating for larger projects.

Pros

Easy to learn and use then customize the quotes. Does feature pre-built estimate groups for certain projects. Customer support is great, and after hours questions or concerns are addressed first thing next morning.

Cons

Spend a lot of time adding custom line items. Prices for planning and permitting are grossly underestimated, planning is about half of what it should be and permitting is a third of what it should be. Online based so it becomes slow at times when the servers have a lot of users on at the same time.

PM

Patrick M.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Professional estimating made easy.

Clear Estimates has helped my company write many estimates with ease. A simple drop down menu brings up categories and itemized lists of many things we never considered billing individually for. This has made our proposals look more professional, and has helped close a good amount of projects. I would highly recommend Clear Estimates to anyone looking for a simplified, more professional way to write proposals.

Pros

Easy to use drop down menus. Itemized job descriptions.

Cons

Would love to see a better way to calculate payments, and send paid in full receipts to customers.

Hi Patrick, Our team is happy to hear you are writing estimates with ease. Also, thank you for those suggestions, we will take them into account!

SW

Sharon W.

What I Was Looking For

After setting up our company info and playing with it a bit, I had a few issues to work out. I was able to call and have someone walk me through what I had missed in instructions. I like the formatting of the invoices and this is what I was looking for.

Pros

Ease of use once the company basic info has been set up.

Cons

Monthly fee is a little pricey for smaller companies like ours.

Hi Sharon! Thank you for taking the time to review Clear Estimates. It's great to hear you found the program you were looking for. We focus on ease of use and ability to produce accurate, professional bids. I'm glad our support team was able to help you get started. Please let us know if you have any questions! - The Clear Estimates Team

JS

Jerry S.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Great software getting better everyday!!!

Pretty good for the most part.

Pros

This software is cloud based and pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it. The search engine within the data base is pretty good too. If you have a question you can chat with the folks that actually know what they are talking about. The best software I have used to date.

Cons

I would like to see the search engine get a little better. When searching it seems to give me too much information which is not much better than just searching each section.

Hi Jerry! Thanks for taking the time to write this. We're glad to hear our support staff has been helpful in assisting with any questions or requests. We are actually in the middle of improving our search feature and plan to have something live soon. We think this will be a big help! Thanks again, Jerry. - The Clear Estimates Team

kL

kimberlie L.

New kid in town

Since opening my buisness Jan 2020 . This has been my saving grace. Thank you for the free.trial thank you for writing a program I can learn on the fly . I love it

Pros

I would describe this software as organized and simple. Being an electrical contractor the ease of converting this program into what I need was easy. Any questions I had either my teenager would figure it out for me or an email to Support and they are back with you that day sometimes within the hour. Very friendly and they speak on my level.

Cons

My only request for a change is the ability to accept payments. I would also like a way to see more than 4 items on my list at a time. I really don't many complaints

CR

Cirilo R.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Clear estimates software

I recommend this software to everyone who is any kind of business very easy to use does not need any training

Pros

I have to type anything I just select what I need and all price out labor and materials in the best software

Cons

I do my estimates in five minutes and I am very happy with it and the customer services is very high quality when I ask a question I get the answer right away.