Squirrel in a Box+ Reviews

3.58/5 (12 reviews)

Jennifer Angello

Squirrel is a great way to make your restaurant run faster and more efficiently.

Reviewed 2018-05-24

Pros
Squirrel is a very effective way not only to take orders from customers, but to expedite the service. When a server enters the order into the pos system, it goes directly where it needs to go.. Drink service goes to the bar, hot service goes to the kitchen, etc, etc. It's easy it impute menu changes and 86 anything that you've run out of for the day. IF your a restaurant that makes changes to your menu daily, this system is an amazing help. It also helps with back end stuff for payments and tips etc... You can also incorporate management functions and set up different users which really helps with theft and promotion abuse. Did I mention that it was compatible with your cell phone? The program also is very secure for the cardholders at your restaurant. NO worries about employees taking information and using it in an unlawful manner.

Cons
I like squirrel. There's not too much I can say negatively about it. I would like to know if we open another location, if there is a way to transfer all the menu data into the other location without having to reconfigure the system? I know there has to be a way to do it because mass restaurant chains use this system.

Response from Squirrel Systems

Thank you for your comments Jennifer! Yes, Squirrel is great when you're looking to grow! Contact us in our general mailbox or to your salesperson directly when you're ready to expand and we'll help you set that up!

Anonymous

Comprehensive and easy to use

Reviewed 2019-05-14

Pros
What I like the most about this software is the reporting function. It provides the management many options of reports that help to control the cash and inventory, including the tip distribution. The reports can be used directly for the audit work which was essential for our accounting department.

Cons
What I like least about this software is there was no associated mobile app back then. But now the company has developed Squirrel Mobility.

Anonymous

Good for very basic POS. Other than that, avoid.

Reviewed 2018-01-26

Pros
Quite a bit of information can be entered/customised with the software, although it's difficult to get it exactly the way you want it. It's also nice that it has multiple currency options.

Cons
Like with anything, if you use it enough you get used to it and become quicker at it. This might be fine if the software could keep up, but unfortunately it's very slow and very inneficient. Freezes quite often. Not very intuitive for new staff, and the tickets are very hard to read. The UI is very archaic.

Likelihood to recommend: 3/10

Richard Malia

Restaurant owner

Reviewed 2016-10-05

I have used the Squirrel system for over fifteen years. It has been a great tool to manage my restaurant. I have gone through a number of upgrades. Squirrel has worked hard to keep their product up to date. Their support is excellent. I have always had a quick response and resolution. I highly recommend Squirrel POS for your business.

Pros
It is up to date. Highly reliable. With great support.

Cecilia Li

A reasonable software for restaurant use

Reviewed 2018-04-30

Pros
I have used this program while I worked at a restaurant. It does its job. Inventory counts, tracking sales

Cons
This software could be a bit more user friendly. I wish they could provide free training as it isn't as easy to navigate.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

himanshu bhardwaj

Best database management tool

Reviewed 2019-08-11

Pros
This is one of very best database software I have ever used to maintain my tables and queries. It is just so easy to handle with easy simple scripts

Cons
Maybe more integration with other desktop management tools

Easy to use and stable

Reviewed 2018-05-05

Pros
Great little POS system and very stable. I like the program and its simplicity, very fast and does a good job

Cons
Requires support and does not have a mobile option Not much integration with payment systems and works with certain printers not all

Response from Squirrel Systems

Thank you for the review. We have a number of mobility options if you're interested. Give us a ring if you want more information!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Eric Wood

Squirrel has solid presence and reputation in the restaurant industry

Reviewed 2019-04-24

Pros
Squirrel is always on top of their game by providing updates and upgrades. I have used Squirrel for 15 years and find it to be the best POS out there.

Cons
I can't say many bad things about this POS. They are still around and continue to have a solid presence in the restaurant world. No bells and whistles which I like

Likelihood to recommend: 8/10

Danielle Duval

I used Squirrel at my previous Host job, it got the job done.

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2017-10-05

Pros
I felt like Squirrel was easy to navigate. It had no frills or extras - just straight forward and got the job done.

Cons
The design felt outdated and clunky to me. It seemed to lack the extra features and the "wow" factor that would make it stand out against other systems I've used in the past.

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Rodney Green

Loyalty is worthless

Reviewed 2015-09-20

First installed system in 1988. Went through many problems including company bankruptcy, no support, re branding, and upgrading. Service from Boston branch became non-existent but still paying 400 per month for support. Company's attitude became arrogant. When not paying for a pre-paid contract, refused to even answer the phone for support. When I finally gave up after being with them for over 25 years and paying over 100,000 dollars for service contracts, I was then threatened with legal action if I did not pay them more money even though the annual contract had expired. I will do everything possible to keep anyone from buyng their product.

Rebe Seiler

Squirrel old system but does in a pinch

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2016-12-15

Have used squirrel throughout the years waiting tables, bartending and managing various bars and restaurants around the country. One of the oldest and out of date systems.

Pros
Since it's so old, many servers know it across the board.

Cons
Not super user-friendly, slow.

Likelihood to recommend: 2/10

Marshall Hilton

A true "pos"

Reviewed 2015-09-01

I've never encountered a worse pos system in my life. It would take a book to go over all of the problems with this system so i will be short. It crashes constantly, i don't think i've gone a week without having to deal with there "customer service"(usually miltiple times a week), the calibration of the touch screens goes out of wac constanly leafing to misrung tickets and confusion and upset tables. Don't ever buy this horrible system.