Daily Connect Logo

4.8

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.26/10

Reviews by rating

It’s super fast and effective for daycare owners to provide updates to families. It’s amazing as parents don’t need to pay to access the information, and it’s a very low monthly fee for providers.
Ease of use and customer service are big plusses with this app. It's very user friendly, and constantly being made better - adding new great features.
We have had a positive experience using the app and find the customer support to be fantastic.
Parents sometimes struggle with finding the code to join Daily connect. However, I often think it is due to email going to spam.
Occasionally, we have trouble getting items to sync, or have to close the program to access a differnt program.
I suggest it all the time to colleagues, and have no plans to ever switch for my own program.

AF

Andrea F.

Education Management, 501-1,000 employees

Daily Connect is Everything a Mom Could Ask For!

Pros

My day care started using Daily Connect as a way to send parents updates throughout the day. Being able to see photos of my children during the day, seeing how long their naps are, what they ate that day, etc. is literally unmatched! I can communicate with the day care teachers and director in real time using the app. If either side ever has a concern it can be addressed right away. I'm able to save the photos on my app to my personal devices and keep them forever. This app is literally one of the reasons I'm so at ease with my children at day care. I can always peek in and see what they are doing!

Cons

There is absolutely nothing I would change about this app and I mean that!

JJ

Jaime J.

Individual & Family Services, 1-10 employees

Parents will love you for it!

I have use daily connect for about 10 years now. We went from paper daily reports to the daily connect and I will say it’s huge having it. We post every moment and as much iinformation as we can and parents absolutely love it! It’s for sure some of the reason parents chose us over other programs!

Pros

They connect for parents to their child daycare is so important! Daily connect helps you with that. Our clients love being able to get a play by play throughout their day on their kiddos. Along with pictures and other information it helps keep them connected with their kids throughout the entire day while they are away from them!

Cons

I wish it had a video option, i love sending pictures to the parents throughout their day and many response right back how it’s makes there days at times especially rough work days when they wish they could be home with their kiddos. It’s would be awesome to send them a video sometimes pictures don’t capture or tell the extra special moments. This would be a huge benefit for us the parents and the app!

TE

Trisa E.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 501-1,000 employees

Daily Connect

Better than having to remember to sign a book.

Pros

The interface is pretty self explanatory.

Cons

I forget to complete it. If I forget to login my son's drop off and go to log in pick up, it will register as drop off, even though he's clearly been at the school all day (notes about eating snack, using toilet, napping, etc). Seems like an easy-ish fix.

NM

Nichole M.

Education Management, self-employed

Couldn't live without it!

I couldn't run my business successfully without it. I love everything about this app!

Pros

I love everything about this system, but most importantly the customer service is outstanding! I have only had to inquire 2 times, and both issues were handled within minutes. The developer directly contacted me via email. I was extremely impressed! Not only is the customer service great, but it is perfect for documentation and communicating with my child care families. I cannot give this program a better review! 10 out of 10!

Cons

I wish that there were group options like we are able to do for picture uploads. Being able to add in a meal or message for an entire group without posting on individual profiles would be much faster and seamless.

Many thanks for the feedback. You can actually post any entry to an entire group of children, just tap on the child selector at the top of the screen and select several children before saving the entry. Please contact support@dailyconnect.com if you need more info.

RD

Rebecca D.

Primary/Secondary Education, self-employed

Daily connect user 4+ years

I have been using daily connect for about 4yrs now and have loved my experience. The support team are always prompt to answer questions and help with issues. Using this app had truely been a life saver for my journey as an Educator. It’s so easy to just tap the app, write a few words, snap a picture and save it. Knowing the parents will be updated and everything is right there if I need to view it later

Pros

As an early childhood Educator I have found daily connect useful to track each child’s journey. Parents love being able to view and stay updated what’s happening in the ‘now’ meals, sleeps, toilet, medical, pictures etc. It’s helpful that both parties can enter information.

Cons

There isn’t anything that I don’t like about the current software as such, but would be great with a few additional extras such as being able to have video’s.

NR

Nuram R.

Daily Connect Review

Overall very well

Pros

Product is easy to use and give parents the opportunity to see exactly what is happening during the child's day.

Cons

Sometimes the software does not sync well, and if a teacher uploads something it may not upload.

GF

Gina F.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

Daily Connect makes my day easier

I have been very happy with the attendance and sign in/out features that I use on the Daily Connect program.

Pros

The check in and check out feature for daily attendance is my main purpose for using this program.

Cons

Accessibility to some of the reports for attendance/teachers etc are a little cumbersome to access.

EP

Emily P.

Awesome Communication App!

Awesome customer service and they are responsive to your input and have made changes based on the feedback. Fast at returning messages too!

Pros

The ease of using the application as well as the amazing features that make my job so much easier! Love customizable survey for when families at sign in each day. Makes doing the COVID screening a breeze. The calendar which allows you to post upcoming events, menus, etc. and you can set it to automatically send a reminder the day before, week before, etc.

Cons

This app is so incredible. It is difficult to think of anything I dislike except not seeing notifications sometimes.

IK

Irene K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

The best switch I could have made!

I switched from another daily communication app that I had for many years. It was getting more and more expensive with less features that I needed. I made the switch to Daily connect and it has been great! I have recommended it to others as well.

Pros

I love being able to communicate with parents, update activities real time or after (or even before), easily send pictures, and the ability for parents to update how a child slept, or ate before school.

Cons

The video doesn't always work. Would be great if you could upload videos you already have as well.

DC

Dreama C.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Affordable and Easy to Use

I am happy with it so far.

Pros

I have tried other childcare software and Daily Connect has so far been the one I am happiest with. It is very easy to use and I like that you are charged per child and not a flat rate. This makes it fair for smaller daycares. Customer service is quick when you have a question and very helpful.

Cons

Well, when I remove a child they don't seem to be fully removed. They remain in the archived section. I'm not sure what the need for this is.

MK

Melody K.

Education Management, 11-50 employees

Perfect for the classroom to keep track of what is going on every minute of every day.

I have had great success with this product and love using it everyday! Back in the day we had to write everything on paper. That was time consuming and sometimes difficult to get to. the Program is so much more simple and quicker as well.

Pros

keeps a log for both the parent and for the teacher's at any given time. And the ability to communicate with the parent when needed is also a big plus!

Cons

when changing diapers and it is marked dry, it would be really nice if it would change colors to show that the child was checked but will need to be checked again before the 2 hour mark just in case they might need a change before normal 2 hours.

CD

Chelsey D.

Primary/Secondary Education, 1-10 employees

Daily connect review

Over all I am very satisfied with daily connect. I use it for my home daycare and would love to use it for my centre of 40 children I just wish that prices were better for more children.

Pros

I like that each child’s profile has their picture beside their name. I think how parents can sign children in and out or the educator and that there is attendance reports provided for the month. The parents love seeing photos of their children.

Cons

I think there should be a place for the parents to sign electronically with a signature on the monthly attendance report.

JA

Jessica A.

Overall satisfied

I enjoy from an admin prospective and seeing what children are in each classroom for a whole building prospective. Makes my job easier without having to physically go to each classroom. Families show to communicate a bit better by using it than if we hadn't. Really happy with it!

Pros

It makes functioning in the classroom so much easier and keeps the classroom running on track. Families find it comforting knowing what their child is doing in basically live time.

Cons

Each version is showing to be a little different per each tablet or update. In my position I am all over throughout our classrooms and gets sometimes sticky to use trying to relearn each one. We have had a few glitches that will randomly sign children out but we are able to catch those issues. Minor things - overall really helpful.

AL

Alison L.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Review from parent in tech industry

I love being able to stay in the loop with how my kids are doing at daycare/school. Daily Connect allows me to do that.

Pros

I love that I can stay up to date on how my kids are doing. It is awesome to get photos, messages, feeding and bathroom updates all in the same place. I also like the charts functionality where I can compare how much my baby drinks on any given day and also I can see how long the kids are spending at school/daycare.

Cons

This software could benefit from a redesign both from an aesthetic and usability standpoint. The aesthetic feels a bit dated and I sometimes struggle with navigation.

SG

Susan G.

I had it free for years

I have had this for a long time I paid $4.99 and it was a one time payment, then they started to charge. I do like the changes they have made since they started charging.

Pros

I like diapers, food, and pictures with videos the best.

Cons

I have not figured out how to for example look at a children's health and see how long for example they have had a runny nose. If there is a way I would love that . the sleep timer does not work well for me

KK

Katie K.

Education Management, 1-10 employees

My staff and parents love it!

Daily Connect has been a wonderful way for us to get rid of daily tracking papers. Our parents are more engaged, and it makes schoolwide messaging a breeze! On the rare occasions that we have had technical trouble, our questions are answered and problems are resolved quickly. It is amazingly helpful and works nicely with our small business budget!

Pros

Daily Connect helps the teachers track the children's daily needs and activities. It also helps the parents feel connected throughout the day. They absolutely love that we can post pictures of their child.

SS

Sarah S.

Wonderful Child Care App

I love the customer service. Anytime I am having any issues I usually get responses back very quickly and they get resolved quickly too.

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the ease of use. My new staff have seemed to catch on very quickly and parents don't usually have too many questions on setting up on their side.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is that we use kindles and they are the last to be updated.

SV

Sarah V.

Good Quality

Pros

It is very easy to add kids, and keep in contact with their parents. It makes parents feel at ease when they can see everything.

Cons

I wish we could sign in/sort staff by room. I dont like having to sort through the names of all the staff in the center. It would be easier to only have two or three names to click back and forth with.

Thanks for the feedback. You can assign teachers by rooms in the settings > teachers page on the web application.

ms

maja s.

Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 employees

Daily Connect Review

Daily Connect is a really cool app. I always describe it as a facebook page for parents about their child's day. You can upload pictures, send messages, and describe in detail what they are doing throughout the day all through real time. Not only can you send messages to the parents, but parents can also send messages back. This really creates a nice open easy environment for communication amongst everyone in the team.

Pros

What I like most about daily connect is being able to directly message parents on the app and vice versa. It is nice being able to ask a question question and in turn get a quick response, as opposed to sending an email which they might not be checking as often.

Cons

I dont dislike anything about this software.

NT

Nathan T.

Animation, 201-500 employees

Great tool for parents

Pros

It’s very easy to use and I love that I get updates about my kids all day. It’s a really easy way to keep them in mind throughout the day. It also makes it very easy to communicate with teachers. The teachers can also share pictures through the day and that’s really nice!

Cons

Nothing really to dislike. It’s easy to use on my web browser on my mobile device or on my laptop.

LV

Lori V.

Individual & Family Services, 11-50 employees

Daily Connect is a great choice for us!

Overall, we are very happy with Daily Connect. It’s user friendly, it is budget friendly, it offers many functions, and customer service has been great the hand full of times we needed to contact them. I highly recommend Daily Connect to existing and new upcoming centers!

Pros

Daily Connect was very user friendly. We were able to roll this program out to our families quickly and easily. Affordability was also important and Daily Connect was budget friendly and still offered so many functions we were looking for.

Cons

Initially we had some kinks with the mobile site but that was rectified rather quickly.

BA

Brenda A.

Brenda’s review

Pros

I like it all! I love how we can have the option of changing things around to how we want it. I love how everything goes on there and stays there I love how easy it is to send daily connect to someone and how it also sends emails daily

Cons

Nothing much I think the app is great and helpful!

TB

Tasha B.

Best App for providers and Parents

Pros

Daily Connect makes it easy for parents to see daily progress of their children in real time. Getting messages, pictures and now videos. You can add to multiple children at once and not having to add to one child at a time.

Cons

No cons! They have been great in frequently updating and adding to the app.

TL

Tisha L.

Individual & Family Services, self-employed

Awesome app

I highly recommend this app. My parents LOVE DAILYCONNECT!!

Pros

I love how this app helps keep track of all the daily duties that comes with time frames. Also the fact that we can send pictures throughout the day is awesome as well.

Cons

No complaints here. I love the apps. I couldn’t have asked for a better app to help run my in home daycare.

AE

Angeline E.

Great App

Great and easy to use

Pros

This app is really user friendly. It’s great that my clients are able to see information regarding their child anytime.

Cons

Wish I can customize some of my own titles

Thanks for the review. For info, you can customize most titles under Settings > Customize Labels.