Billy Logo

Insurance tracking and compliance management software

Billy Reviews

Suggested alternatives

monday-com
qt9-quality-management
intellect

What I like about Billy the most is that it gives me a place where I can store vendors paperwork. The software is easy to navigate and helps promote organization in my office.
I don't there is anything I actually dislike about Billy.

TH

Tracy H.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Billy - THE All in One Compliance Platform

From day one it has been AMAZING! and I don't say that often. But this group is the best. Brittany deserves a shout out as she is a superstar!

Pros

All in One and growing with the types of docs they are managing. Integration - They are working on integrating with different software Growing - This is a company that is continuing to grow. Constant upgrades Customer Service - Best I get from any company I deal with period!!!!!! Ease - Super easy to implement, use, monitor!

Cons

It is really hard for me to find something negative. It has been one of my favorite software experiences (and I have had oh so many). I would like to see more docs/checks go on the platform faster. i.e. check for valid contractors license, current bond, etc.

LW

Loryn W.

Allen Harrison

We love this platform for insurance tracking. We struggled for a while with finding one that would be a right fit, so far all of our vendors/consultants haven't had any trouble accessing the platform and loading documents.

Pros

You don't need a log in/ user to upload insurance, it's synced with our construction platform (Procore) and the compliance team is quick to respond and are very helpful.

Cons

The transfer of documents from our previous platform was a bumpy road, sometimes it feels like documents are reviewed too fast and errors are made.

Thank you for the review Loryn! It has been a pleasure working with you and your team. We appreciate your willingness to provide feedback. We would love to set up time to discuss any errors you feel are happening on our end and address that quickly to remedy these feelings. Please reply to this response or email support@billyforinsurance.com and we will get time on the books!

AW

Alison W.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Alison

Pros

Easy to review insurance certificates and info is autofilled

Cons

If a trade partner is not needed, no easy way to just delete them. I do not like that we do not get notifications when certs are uploaded on our projects

Thank you for the review Alison! We spoke already offline, but wish there was a way for reviewers to mark N/A on items instead of leaving a 0/5 rating. We are thankful that you are happy with the solution despite what the review reflects here. Users have the ability to mark vendors inactive and they can always be deleted by our team if requested. As we discussed as well, your notifications were suppressed per your request but they can be turned on at any point. If a quick meeting together to go over these functions would be helpful, please reply to this response or email support@billyforinsurance.com and we will get time on the books!

SP

Stephanie P.

Outstanding Customer Service and Streamlined product

Streamlined our process and saved us time and money. Excellent customer service.

Pros

Makes our lives easier, easy to use and learn

Cons

None, they have a great product and good customer service.

Thank you for leaving a review Stephanie! We love working with you and your team and look forward to many more successful years together.

EK

Erin K.

Construction, 1,001-5,000 employees

Billy saves you time and money

We use the software to replace our original method of keeping up with my vendors by spreadsheet and ring binders. I can keep all of my vendors applications, W9s, insurance certificates in one software. It tells us who is compliant, who is not, and it automates sending out expirations and renewals of the documents in the platform.

Pros

We are very pleased with our overall experience with the team at Billy. Their customer service is outstanding and very responsive. They develop features very quickly and they solve real problems that save us lots of headaches, time and make us that much more efficient.

Cons

Not much, just minor things that could make life better such as export capabilities into other platforms.

Thank you for the review Erin! We pride ourselves on not only being a construction specific solution, but in the fact that our entire team has construction industry experience. Love to hear the feedback!

TE

Trinaty E.

Managing Insurance Compliancy Simplified

Their professionalism and creating a program that makes my work duties so much easier has been a real lifesaver the past few weeks that we have been using it.

Pros

Once the integration took place from our old tracking system to Billy, it runs so smoothly and is so easy to use!

Cons

The only feature we would like to see integrated into the program is a way to sort the project # column.

Hi Trinaty - Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. You will be happy to know we took your feedback on sorting the Project columns to our team after our last discussion and it has been prioritized for work as a new feature. We will be in touch as soon as this functionality is released!

SM

Sheryl M.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Billy is the best decision we have made regarding insurance tracking.

So far it has been WAY beyond our expectations. The amount of hours spent by our admin staff on insurance compliance and chasing has been cut by more than 1/2.

Pros

Their team! I cannot say enough about their customer service and live chat. The way they work with us to make sure we are as efficient as possible is amazing. They continually go above and beyond. Billy immediately updates compliance and allows us to manually upload and override any issues. We have shaved off days and hours of wait time for both our company and our subcontractors wait time to get paid.

Cons

I would like to options to "sort" columns and rows to view our home pages/dashboards to the view that we would like to see. For example, we would like to move our project # to be the first column vs the project name. Or we would like to be able to put the project # in ascending order if we want. This is minor in comparison to what Billy has done for us so it is something we are willing to get used to.

What an incredible review Sheryl! We appreciate the thoroughness and kind words. It's partners like you that make Billy what it is. We understand it can be scary switching software solutions and love to hear that it has been such a positive experience for you and your team. The feedback you have provided was heard and we're happy to report that you can sort columns and rows on your home page with Project filters. Project numbers now show in the first column and are sorted accordingly! It's been a pleasure working with you and your team and we look forward to many years of continued success together.

SD

Stacey D.

Billy Makes Vendor Compliance Possible

We were struggling with the volumne of emails regarding insurance. There was no easy way to track which subs needed insurance and which endorsements were missing. Billy has provided an amazing application which allows us to save the compliance documents, follow up easily when something is non-compliant and it systematically prompts the vendor to submit renewal documents. It has reduced our emails significantly and allows our entire team to see the vendor status in real-time.

Pros

The Team at Billy are the Best of the Best! The Application is simple to use and has made a major POSITIVE impact on our workflow. It has reduced the number emails regarding insurance by at least 90%. This has allowed our team to focus on value added processes. Due to the volume we were always reactive when it came to getting the documents. Billy has allowed us to be Proactive and work wtih our subcontractors in a timely and efficient way.

Cons

I have asked for the World from the Billy team and they have delivered! No system will be exact to everyone's specification, however, they always try to provide a work around if our request is not possible.

CG

Chelsea G.

Gets the job done!

Pros

easy friendly system.. quick turnaround!

Cons

kind of repetitive initially- we repeat ourselves often with what subs do and don't need tracking.

Thank you for the review Chelsea! We appreciate your patience in the transition. We are happy to report that new functionality around the Procore integration was released this week giving you all the power to make adjustments needed and not have to relay it to our team. We will be in touch with a feature release email - keep an eye on your inbox!

MF

Michon F.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Awesome service!

My experience with Billy has been awesome. There is so much value in this product, especially in the construction industry, we are constantly looking for ways to be more efficient and productive with our time.Billy has helped us with that.

Pros

Cons

There is not much that I do not like, but there are some glitches every now and then. Nothing major.

Thank you for the review Michon! It was been such a pleasure working with you and your team. Looking forward to many more years of success together!

BF

Brian F.

Billy for Insurance Compliance Tracking

Billy allows us to centralize all vendor insurance certificates in one place, which streamlines our entire insurance tracking process.

Pros

Our team of 5 project accountants uses Billy to track sub-contractor and owner direct insurance compliance across approximately 60 projects. We love that Billy is user friendly, summarizes compliance status across all projects, and saves us significant time as compared to our previous system of manually tracking insurance compliance in excel spreadsheets.

Cons

Some additional report options may be a useful feature.

Thank you for the review Brian! It has been great working with you and your team over the past couple years. Your feedback has been wonderful in helping us build out features and functions in the software. We have reporting on the roadmap for upcoming work this year and I'll be sure to reach out as soon as we get going to get your take on what is being built!

KB

Kristyn B.

Menemsha Billy Review, Kristyn

I have been using Billly for insurance for over six months and I have had a great experience with using the program and collaborating with their team. Billy has asked for our feedback and implemented many changes based on our suggestions. [sensitive content hidden] has also given quick responses anytime there was a bug or question and helped to resolve it.

Pros

I found that the most useful aspect of Billy is that the information from the documents is automatically transferred over to the side navigation bar. It makes reviewing insurance faster and limits the scope of error from typing manually. Another impactful aspect is the availability to export the information to an excel document. This makes a major impact on my process when I need to transfer large amounts of data weekly into our accounting system.

Cons

One aspect of Billy that could be improved is the addition of customizable review options for specific vendors. We have certain acceptations for Umbrella coverage and based on the state the vendor is located and could really benefit from Billy automatically picking up on these details.

JS

Jennifer S.

Great software!

[sensitive content hidden] has helped our company streamline a process on reviewing Certificates of Insurance. Vendors are able to upload their COI with one easy click while we are able to request revisions and ensure each Vendor is in compliance.

Pros

The user friendly software allows Vendor's to easily upload their Certificate of Insurance and for our company to quickly review COI's based on compliance.

Cons

All features are great! No complaints! [sensitive content hidden] helps understand your processes and suggests new ways to ensure Vendor's are in compliance.

Thank you for the review Jennifer! It's wonderful to hear that Billy has helped streamline your processes on reviewing COI's. We appreciate the feedback and will always take it back to the team to discuss and implement into the software.

EM

Eileen M.

Billy review

Pros

Billy is easy to use, on the user end as well as the subcontractor end. The links provided in the email are easy to use, and once the subs were used to using the platform, they appreciated how easy it was to use.

Cons

The only item I struggle with (and I know the team is working on a solution) is that I'm not able to see the emails that the platform sends on our behalf. However, if I have a particular question, all I need to do is contact our customer success rep and she is able to give me the information I'm looking for immediately.

Thank you for the review Eileen! It has been such a pleasure getting to know you and your team to better understand how our software is truly solving some of the pain points that happen in the construction industry. We're working on a robust reporting suite in the software this year that includes visibility into the automated emails flowing from Billy. Keep the feedback coming, we love it!

AW

Alison W.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Thank you for making our lives easier!

The platform has streamlined our process tremendously allowing us to review thousands of certificates a week and improve our process allowing us to efficiently work on getting vendors compliant as well as serve as a central hub for document control and reference.

Pros

The customer service and user-friendly product.

Cons

There are no cons to this product. The customer support team works closely with us to identify these needs and identify best workflow and enhancements as needed.

Thank you for the review Alison! It has been such a pleasure working with you and your team and you have provided us with so much valuable feedback we've implemented into the software. Looking forward to growing with you all as we keep moving forward!

CO

Carolanne O.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Very Happy to Have Found Billy!!!

It has been an excellent experience and look forward to working with them for years to come!

Pros

I think the customer service is fantastic. [sensitive content hidden] has been with us since day one. She is very knowledgeable, patient and very easy to communicate with. If she doesn't have an answer immediately, she will get one ! The software is user friendly and Billy is adding different features that we can grow with to accomplish our goals for COI's and other vendor documents.

Cons

I don't there is anything I actually dislike about Billy. They have promised and come through with new features that are really helpful and continue to do so. We made the right choice.

Thanks for the review Carolanne! We are so happy to hear that your experience has been wonderful. Our entire team comes from construction industry backgrounds so we truly take the feedback you provide and try to make our solution better for construction overall. Looking forward to many years of success together!

VR

Veronica R.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

billy feedback/review

Compliance is a huge deal for our company usage for payment purposes and overall making sure we have the necessary insurance on file

Pros

Billy listens to our needs and makes sure they are able to design the software to see fit and they always try to make things easier for us.

Cons

I do not have complaints about billy product at this time.

Thank you for leaving a review Veronica! Your feedback is what makes our software great. Keep the input coming. It's always fun seeing feedback turn into features in the platform!

SM

Suzie M.

1st time user of Billy

Pros

The customer support is outstanding. Turn around time on questions is very quick. Communication is key.

Cons

It would be nice to be able to have more than 1 contact for a subcontractor.

Thank you for the review Suzie! It has been wonderful getting to know you and your team and it's always fun being able to work together in person. We just released multiple contacts functionality so I'll be booking time with you to show what we created!

MC

Mckinzie C.

Billy Review

Pros

Billy is easy to use and continually gets better as they improve systems

Cons

Billy is confusing to vendors to check and see what is needed. There is a lot of repitition

BS

Brenda S.

Billy - Great Program for Tracking Insurance for Construction

Billy has made it easier and quicker to track our COIs.

Pros

The ease of review COIs and that the program updates into our Procore Program.

Cons

At this time I don't have any issues until I use more.

Thank you for your review Brenda! It's wonderful to hear Billy has made tracking COI's easier for you and your team. Keep the feedback coming!

AP

Amaya P.

Construction, 201-500 employees

Love it!

Pros

Billy has made the COI reviewing process quick & easy.

Cons

Everything is great, I don't think anything needs to be improved yet.

Thank you for the review Amaya! It's been wonderful working with you and your team. We're looking forward to many years of continued success together!

LC

Liz C.

User Friendly

All is good

Pros

Works with Procore makes it easy to work with

Cons

No answer at this time for I like the softeware

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review Liz! We're working on even more exciting features with the Procore integration so keep an eye out for new feature releases.

ND

Nicole D.

Construction, 51-200 employees

Billy has transformed our COI management system for the better.

I have had an excellent experience with Billy to date.

Pros

No longer have to email COI requests. One repository for all COIs. Sleek, functional, easy to use. Customer support is out of this world fantastic and responsive.

Cons

I wish there was a way to require the additional insured documents and COIs are all saved as 1 PDF.

Thank you for the review Nicole! We love to hear that we've helped nix duplicate data entry across systems and save your inbox. We've taken your feedback to the team to discuss and understand how merging additional documents after receiving them would be helpful. Keep the feedback coming!

DG

David G.

Simple and Easy

Overall positive though very limited. If we see a need, we may continue to expand our use of its provided services.

Pros

My use is for simple insurance compliance. The program meets out need however limited.

Cons

I wish there was a project summary report or automated reminders. That would make my job easier.

Thank you for the review David! Feedback from users like you is the most important to us. We would love to set up time to hear what functionality you would like to see in the software. We take this feedback to the team and work to fit it into our roadmap in building new features. We have project summary reports within the Coverages page for export and do have automated reminders - that's one of the primary features our users love! It sounds like a quick meeting together to go over these functions would be helpful. Please reply to this response or email support@billyforinsurance.com and we will get time on the books!

MN

Mark N.

Nexus Solutions - MN

Pros

The product is very intuitive and the staff is super helpful.

Cons

Being able to track and request other start-up/closeout documentation would be nice. I know this is already in the works.

Thank you for the review Mark! It's been a pleasure working with you and your team. The feedback your team has provided has been wonderful. We're working on the start-up/closeout feature functionality and have some other exciting things coming in the roadmap for this year and beyond!