Mint Logo

Your financial life, all in one place

Mint Reviews

Suggested alternatives

netsuite
datarails
acumatica-cloud-erp

I love mint and all of its features. I truly love the ease of tracking all transactions and being able to set budgets and integrate all your accounts automatically.
Mint has been a tremendous lifesaver in helping me to aggregate all of my personal finance data into one single location.
I love that Mint connects with all of your credit cards, bank accounts, and loans and gives you an easy to read list of balances, due dates, progress towards goals, and much more.
Some purchases are not updated quickly and will be placed in wrong categories.
The automatic categorization makes the same mistakes until the user applies manual adjustments. The manual adjustment process is slow and has not been updated for at least 3 years.

JS

Jacob S.

Operations Director

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

The Missing Puzzle Piece For Financial Management

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob. I'm the operations director at a nonprofit. I give Mint four stars out of five....

Michael G.

Senior Content Manager

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Transcript

Michael G.: Hi. My name is Mike. I'm a senior content manager. I would give Mint a five out of five....

Chinsea P.

Retail, self-employed

Best quality, low cost service around

Pros

It's very easy to use and refill your service.. It really has user friendly features features, very easy to figure out on your own.

Cons

I have no bad comments, I am very pleased with this service and I was very skeptical at first.

CM

Christopher M.

Internet, 10,001+ employees

One of the best money management applications

Pros

Most of my financial accounts and assets are in my app. Credit, checking, savings, investments, and others are all together. I can see the value of all my accounts at once. I can add bill reminders. I can set spending and saving limits.

Cons

My main negative remark is that the application disconnects from the financial accounts often and I need to re-sign in a lot. In addition, There are many investment funds that the application does not accept, yet. I hope this will change in the future as I will continue to be a user

Wholesale, 1-10 employees

Used other for 6-12 months

Mint

Pros

It's a great budgeting and costing app. It lets you see where all your expenditures and savings are and how well you are doing to meet your financial goals.

Cons

You're trusting a third party app with very sensitive financial information. I would like there to be a way where rather than the app drawing the information from financial institutions, I could enter in the information myself to generate the same results.

Jessi H.

Professional Training & Coaching, 1-10 employees

Used other for 2+ years

Great resource for keeping up with all your financial information

Pros

Mint is a great tool for creating budgets, managing your spending, managing investments, and tracking and paying bills. You can even keep tabs on your credit score. You can also set reminders about upcoming bills and alerts for any unusual spending activity. The best part is the app is completely free.

Cons

I'm not sure how I feel about using an app that links all your banking information and credit cards into it. Sure, they say your data is encrypted, but time and time again we have seen all other companies get hacked at some point or another. Also many financial institutions have started implementing these same tools that Mint offers, in which case you wouldn't need to use many of the features that Mint is capable of.

MC

Mike C.

Photography, self-employed

A great app that helps me focus on the big financial picture

Pros

It is easy to see and manage all of my finances in one place. It pulls all of my financial info into one place. One of my favorite parts fo Mint is that I can see graphically how my net worth has changed over time. It was very hard to do this in the past because I would have to go to many different websites in order to get the total. It does a great job at syncing most of my online accounts. I also like that you can get your free credit score from them as well.

Cons

Nothing is perfect and Mint does have some problems. It gets caught up often with accounts that have two-factor authentication and often asks me to re-login into accounts too often. I don't use it for budgeting because it far too often miscategorized transactions.

SG

Sam G.

Medical Practice, 201-500 employees

Good budgeting software

Pros

Easy to set budgets and track progress through the month.

Cons

Some purchases are not updated quickly and will be placed in wrong categories.

Jeremy H.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

Made Budgeting Easier

Pros

For a young millenial like me, this is an AMAZING product. I love the fact that I have total control over all my finances and can view it all from one place. There are great graphics and charts to let you know how you are doing with your budget and alerts when you spend more than your allotted amount. It even has great advice on how to live with greater financial peace and special offers that will help you maximize benefits out there. I love this product!

Cons

No cons. I can only speak well of Mint and will continue to use it in the long term. I hope to access more of the features that it offers.

Jeremy H.

Accounting, 51-200 employees

One of the Best Budgeting Tools

Overall, very impressed and I will continue to use this app for a long time.

Pros

I love how easy it is to export financial data into excel to further analyze. I also like the built in graphics and reports mint gives to help me get a quick understanding over my financials.

Cons

I am not a fan of the goal setting feature. It sets it up as a contribution that comes out of my budget, but I would like it more if it takes the net income and applies it to my goal.

MT

Matthew T.

Construction, 1-10 employees

Easiest way to understand personal finances

Pros

I love how it pulls all accounts into one spot, and that you can choose which accounts to view or ignore in reports. It makes it really easy to get a general idea of how much your spending on specific and broad categories.

Cons

I found the set up took me a while to figure out when you have multiple accounts, I toyed with Quickbooks online, desktop, Budget, and 2 others, but kept coming back to mint as it's the easiest.

JR

Joseph R. S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Didn't think about finances until Mint made it easy for me

Pros

Not going to lie, I was pretty bad at planning my financial life before Mint. I didn't track anything and didn't really pay attention to what was going out and coming in. Mint makes it easy to see all of this and even breaks out your expenses by type so you can analyze what parts of your life you need to monitor. It has excellent integration and works with multiple banks.

Cons

More robust features such as credit card repayment plans or financial planning would be an amazing feature.

Media Production, 11-50 employees

Helpful for Net Worth and Credit Score Monitoring

Pros

Mint is a helpful piece of software if you're looking to centralize all of your financial accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, loans, retirement, investments, etc.) in one place. I find this especially useful because if you're able to input all of your accounts and assets, Mint will generate your net worth in real time as it fluctuates. It will also keep you informed of your credit score, and why it may be lower or higher according to specific factors (credit age, credit usage, on-time payment history, total accounts, credit history, and derogatory marks). No more guessing what you could be doing to improve your credit, or what it is that's dragging your score down.

Cons

If you input your checking and credit card accounts into Mint, Mint will analyze your purchases and categorize your spending (Groceries, Restaurants, Clothing, Gas & Fuel, Fast Food, Movies & DVDs, Alcohol & Bars, and Coffee Shops), and help you stay within predetermined budgets you've set for each category. However, I haven't found that Mint's analysis of my purchases is always accurate, and so I...

Hospitality, 10,001+ employees

Budgeting Done Right

Overall Mint is my go-to source for making sure there are no irregularities in my budget and that I am spending wisely. Due to my large amount of money accounts, I couldn't trust any other company to continually track my money.

Pros

For those who have many credit & checking accounts across a wide variety of banks, Mint is one of the best solutions out there to easily track your spending. It lets you link an unlimited number of accounts, so if you are like me and have many credit and checking accounts you can make sure you will be able to easily stay up to date on all your transactions. It also sorts all purchases by store so that you can easily search for them later.

Cons

I do not like that Mint doesn't let you delete transactions as this can cause miscalculations within your budget, especially if you are using a credit card and checking account it will show the money was taken out two times because it includes the charge and the payment. This can cause the numbers to not properly be balanced.

Sports, 1-10 employees

All-in-One Financial Management

Pros

Mint is great for managing accounts all in one place and being able to track expenses, income, goals, and budgets. Easy-to-understand visuals. It also generates interesting tidbits to help you gain insight on your spending and saving habits.

Cons

I've had some trouble getting certain bills/financial institutions linked to Mint, it would also be nice to have an integration with Apple Card to pull that into the budgets instead of having to manually enter transactions, but that may be on Apple's end of things.

Higher Education, 10,001+ employees

Mint for budgeting

Mint has been a good platform to keep track of our accounting.

Pros

Mint does a great job in tracking the expenses I make across several different account. It gives a good overview of my financial status. It helps to make budgets and adjust my expenses to cash-inflow. I can also check credit score.

Cons

Of late, they try a lot to push in credit card and other financial product offers on the platform, this can be distracting for an user who primarily uses the platform for accounting.

Insurance, 10,001+ employees

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Easily track day-day-day credits and debits of all accounts.

Pros

Mint is a phenomenal program to help me keep track of every penny (pretty much) that is going in and out of my various accounts daily. Additionally, I can track bills and get suggestions. I'm an avid user and for good reason.

Cons

It sometimes cannot connect to certain accounts and as a read-only platform, it's not intended for robust transacting.

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Favorite software of the year

Overall Mint is my favorite software of the year! I love how it's a powerful but also simple-to-use tool for managing my finance and giving me a peace of mind. Thanks Mint!

Pros

I really love how Mint is so intuitive to navigate and offers everything I need for managing my personal finance. I could link it with my bank accounts easily, and it displays the amounts in all the various accounts nicely categorized and quickly refreshed. It shows my monthly spending with different categories, so I could painlessly track my spending and stay on budget.

Cons

My only complaint is the categories of my spending are sometimes wrong, and it's a hassle to go back and change the categories so the data visualization tools such as the pie chart displays correct information. I wish there's an easy way for Mint to automatically categorize my spending better, perhaps learning from big data of various users?

ZV

Zephyr V.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Effortless way to monitor finances

I use Mint to keep track of my personal finances. It's easy to use and has a lot of great features. It's also completely free! It's a great option for people just getting into personal finance.

Pros

Mint is a simple yet very thorough app. You can add multiple bank accounts, and credit cards so that you have all your accounts in one place. I really like how Mint categorizes purchases and keeps track of your spending history for you and lays it out in an easy-to-read graph. I also like how educational the app is. Mint offers a lot of information regarding credit cards and investment options specifically for you.

Cons

Sometimes the app will close out randomly. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling but it continues to do it occasionally. Other than that minor glitch I haven't experienced any problems with Mint.

Banking, 201-500 employees

Aggregates all your banking information

Pros

Mint took over another app I was using to track bills. Now that Bills and accounts are located within the same app it is easier than ever. While Mint is free you will get ads directed towards you, however once in a while they are actually relevant to what I need. Easily navigated passed. Integrates with most accounts.

Cons

Mint sometimes will struggle connecting to an account based on security questions. I have about 25 accounts hooked up and it fails on 2-3 on a monthly basis. Typically you click it and reconnect and are fine, but frustrating when it doesn't update the correct budget information.

Computer Software, 201-500 employees

I love Mint

Pros

I love Mint. It's great to follow all of your expenses. It also allow you to check your credit score.

Cons

The last update has a terrible UI. I'm pretty sad because I used like the Mint iOS app. I hope that they will revert it.

BK

Bradley K.

Research, 1-10 employees

Great Budgeting and Financial Tracking Tool

I really like having one spot where I can go to monitor all of my balances and transactions.

Pros

I felt that Mint helped capture and synthesize the most important data that I would need when budgeting and monitoring my financials to help me keep track, sort, organize income and purchases and help make informed financial decisions.

Cons

I felt that sometimes it was a bit difficult to link accounts into Mint, and occasionally when I log in, I would have to re-initialize the relationship with the financial institution to get the data that I needed.

Entertainment, self-employed

Great for consumers, simple features, reliable

Pros

The website dashboard shows me my monthly budget as well as individual budgets. I like that it guesses a good budget for various categories based on my spending. It helps me set aside money for various goals and it can incorporate ALL of my online logins to various banks, credit cards, mortgage and loan services, and investments. Very comprehensive access.

Cons

The mobile app doesn't show me my individual budgets at a glance, and it's more difficult to customize than I would like.

BW

Brian W.

Architecture & Planning, 1-10 employees

All of my financial info in one space

Great experience, it takes the mystery out of my finances

Pros

Being one of the first groups to do this, almost all financial accounts can be linked to mint. The tracking of each account is great, and it helps me see all spending and investing in one spot

Cons

The mobile app does have stripped down features such as adding or editing accounts

TD

Tenzin D.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Take control of your finances with this one tool

Pros

For a beginner looking forard to take control of your finances, be it personal or for your business, this is a great tool for simplifying the ins and out of all the transactions in some simple app. The ability to link all your banks accounts and track the expense if a powerful and helpful tool for me. The free credit history tool is valuable as well!

Cons

With all the integrations with my banking app and other financial tools, i am often concerned the security of my data. A robust data privacy platform from Mint (intuit) will be reassuring for the users.

KN

Kendra N.

Veterinary, 1-10 employees

Great financial management softwsre

Pros

Cons

I do not like that when you recategorize a pending transaction it resets once it is final and you have to recategorize again.

Bret L.

Higher Education, 1,001-5,000 employees

I have used Mint for years and haven't found anything better

I have had a good experience overall

Pros

I like that it keeps track of all my personal expenditures in one place.

Cons

It cannot connect to all my accounts and it often disconnects from others.