Mint Reviews

User ratings

4.5

• Likelihood to recommend8.71/10

See full reviews by rating

Cons

I love that Mint connects with all of your credit cards, bank accounts, and loans and gives you an easy to read list of balances, due dates, progress towards goals, and much more.
I really like how Mint categorizes purchases and keeps track of your spending history for you and lays it out in an easy-to-read graph. I also like how educational the app is.
Some purchases are not updated quickly and will be placed in wrong categories.
I have about 25 accounts hooked up and it fails on 2-3 on a monthly basis. Typically you click it and reconnect and are fine, but frustrating when it doesn't update the correct budget information.
The automatic categorization makes the same mistakes until the user applies manual adjustments. The manual adjustment process is slow and has not been updated for at least 3 years.

Mint users...

Senior Content Manager

Insurance, 51-200 employees

Makes Managing Finances Easy

Transcript

Michael G.: Hi. My name is Mike. I'm a senior content manager. I would give Mint a five out of five....

The Missing Puzzle Piece For Financial Management

Transcript

Jacob: My name is Jacob. I'm the operations director at a nonprofit. I give Mint four stars out of five....

One of my favorite and best cloud application

This is one of my favorite and best cloud application that I have been using since 2012, it has all the features that you can expect from an online cloud based accounts management. As a developer and project manager myself I could not have expected anything more from the team. Support this team by applying for the offers that they present as an options to save.

Pros

Very easy to understand nothing to download or install just setup your accounts online: credit cards accounts, bank accounts, investment accounts... Major US Institutions are integrated and also you have an option to enter manually any account or institution that are not supported. It pulls all the individual transactions from your institution in a secured transaction, simply categorized your...

Cons

Currently it does not support multi-currency due to which if you have an overseas account and you would like to see your net worth you will have to convert those transaction manually and enter them. It only supports US institutions no support for overseas bank, institutions. No integration with Turbo Tax or any tax software for filing taxes online

Great alternative to expensive accounting software

I am loving this software. I was hesitant at first after using another software for years, but I was pleasantly surprised and how much I love it and how easy it is to manage my finances.

Pros

I was vert impressed with how easy this software is to set up and use. Very self explanatory. I love that they monitor your money and your spending and alert you when thigs don't seem right or when you go over budget.

Cons

The automatic assignment of some accounts is inaccurate

Mint an excellent choice for all your budgeting and financial planning needs

I have been a customer that has stood the test of time. After many attempts years ago to find the program that would work best for me, I was introduced to Mint and never went back.

Pros

I love that I have had one piece of software that I have used for more than 10 years! I also appreciate that updates make it better each year! It has served my purposes in personal finance and in business which thrills me. Thankful for software that truly helps its customers rather than just seeking to take advantage of or use its clientele.

Cons

Some features are frustrating. I would like to be able to adjust past budgets for instance and have everything updated to the present. Also, getting the categorization feature to be consistent as I always have to double-check most months. While this is a con I am super thankful for the items it get right!

Decent for expense tracking, but that's about it

It helps with expense tracking and it does very well in that regard.

Pros

It does a good job of automatically logging expenses and after implementing a few custom rules, it's pretty accurate with categorizing them properly.

Cons

The budgeting aspect of mint does not match the reality of how people "really" budget. There will always be months of overspending and months of underspending... and everyone's "income" is a bit variable (monetary gifts, product returns, etc). Mint doesn't account for these very well and it does nothing for planning.

Life Changing

I am in love with this program. With inflation and the cost of groceries these days my husband and I felt like we needed a better understanding of where we were spending our money. Now we see in real time where each dollar is allocated. It set up a budgeting system for us and allowed us to tweak it to our personal/family needs. Anyone who is not a financial expert should have its. It is really life changing.

Pros

All of your information lives in one space and is extremely easy to see/read. This platform takes all of your spending and shows you where your money is going. The budgeting tool is automated and shows you in real time where you are spending and where you need to cut back.

Cons

Setting up the accounts is time consuming- that is mostly because you need to remember your user name and password for ALL of your bank accounts, credit cards, entertainment, utilities etc. My mortgage company does not participate so I had to figure out how to manually enter that information. If you already are organized and have easy access to all of your accounts then it shouldn't be as stressful as it was for me.

The best money management tool

I use Mint to help meet my financial goals, such as saving for a home down payment. It helps me see areas where I could do better as well as areas where I am doing fine. It's simple, integrated on your phone, and best of all it's free.

Pros

Mint is a fantastic and free tool for managing your money. It allows you to gather all of your financial accounts in one place so you can accurately track your net worth over time, as well as serve as an easy tool for budgeting and expense tracking.

Cons

Mint does have some intelligent tracking of purchase categories, but it seems like it hits a point where it doesn't try very hard. I have to do quite a bit of manual recategorizing, even for regular purchases.

Very strong financial app.

Excellent app that is easy to set-up and utilize on a daily basis.....Does a nice job synching all account.

Pros

Mint is easy to use and does as advertised. Also a 100% FREE APP. Simple, but attractive user interface.

Cons

Not very good at tracking investments accounts.

Great Product Until it Loses Your Notes

There are things I love (which is why I keep using it), but there are also things that are super frustrating that keep my husband asking me why I'm still using it.

Pros

I love being able to see a quick visual of where the money is going or has gone and what I have in investments, etc. It's great for ongoing tracking, etc.

Cons

I don't like that after the new month I can't go back and make any kind of correction and I HATE it when I move an expense to the right budget category and put notes in about an expense and then I go back and it has completely lost everything.

Vlg

It is a pretty helpful progarm for managing your finances

Pros

Basically, you can see at glance all your spending and income

Cons

Maybe better transfer data from other institutions like banks,credit cartds etc

Mint

Pros

I enjoy that it sends me weekly spending reports and breaks down what I have been spending so I can see where my money goes

Cons

sometimes they can send multiple emails in one day

Personal Finance Made Easy!

I started using Mint a few years ago after deciding I wanted to keep track of my personal finances. I initially started out writing out all my expenses on the iPhone notes app. When I downloaded Mint I couldn't believe how easy it was! I didn't have to manually write out my expenses anymore. Mint does everything for you and categorizes all the purchases you've made via your linked cards. I always recommend it to all my friends and family!

Pros

There are so many things I love about this app! For one, the interface is very user-friendly. You just connect your debit and credit cards and then Mint categorizes and keeps track of your bills and expenses. I love that you don't have to do anything. Mint does it all for you so it's perfect for anyone new to personal finance. I like how Mint shows you your daily, weekly, and monthly spending in a graph and list form. It makes it really easy to visually see your spending habits. I also like how Mint suggests different credit cards for you and shows you how much you can save and perks for each card. Whenever I'm shopping for a new credit card it's really easy to just scroll through the credit card list on Mint and quickly scan for the one that offers the best sign up bonus and perks.

Cons

Mint automatically categorizes your purchases so you can see how much you're spending in each category. For example, some of my main categories are clothing, shopping, gas & fuel, groceries, etc. Mint is pretty good at categorizing your purchases correctly but a few times a month Mint will wrongly categorize my purchases. Just last week a purchase that should have been "groceries" was actually categorized as "clothing". It's not a huge issue but it does make it necessary to manually scan through everything to make sure I'm getting accurate information on my spending habits.

Helpful for Net Worth and Credit Score Monitoring

Pros

Mint is a helpful piece of software if you're looking to centralize all of your financial accounts (checking, savings, credit cards, loans, retirement, investments, etc.) in one place. I find this especially useful because if you're able to input all of your accounts and assets, Mint will generate your net worth in real time as it fluctuates. It will also keep you informed of your credit score, and why it may be lower or higher according to specific factors (credit age, credit usage, on-time payment history, total accounts, credit history, and derogatory marks). No more guessing what you could be doing to improve your credit, or what it is that's dragging your score down.

Cons

If you input your checking and credit card accounts into Mint, Mint will analyze your purchases and categorize your spending (Groceries, Restaurants, Clothing, Gas & Fuel, Fast Food, Movies & DVDs, Alcohol & Bars, and Coffee Shops), and help you stay within predetermined budgets you've set for each category. However, I haven't found that Mint's analysis of my purchases is always accurate, and so I...

Mint is a decent financial management solution, albeit limited in scope with questionable privacy

Pros

Mint is relatively easy to setup and allows you to link a broad category of accounts including: bank accounts, credit cards accounts, utilities (such as gas and electric), internet, and even investment accounts. In addition, Mint supports a broad number of companies within each category such as Wells Fargo, Chase, Xcel Energy, Xfinity and Robinhood. Mint provides a fairly robust set of tools to manage your finances and set budgets. You can create categories for your purchases, and Mint will attempt to automatically assign your purchases to a specific category. Perhaps one of Mint's best aspects, it is completely free.

Cons

It is not unusual for linked accounts to suddenly become unlinked, and while Mint is supposed to notify when that happens, it often does not. To relink an account you must go into the Mint app, go into the account settings, and manually relink each affected account. While the process is not difficult, when an account becomes unlinked you no longer get notifications when say a credit card bill is due. The security and privacy of Mint has been brought into question by many sources, since linking accounts gives Mint nearly full access to those accounts. I personally have never had an issue, but it is something to consider. The overall Mint interface can be rather clunky and difficult to navigate.

Mint is the best Personal Finance Software

Mint has been a tremendous lifesaver in helping me to aggregate all of my personal finance data into one single location. I am very happy with this program and will continue to recommend it to all of my friends. I feel that being able to use this software and being able to quickly see all of my financial accounts in one place has helped me tremendously with budgeting and with financial growth.

Pros

Mint is a novel, innovative software for tracking finances. I was an early adopter to Mint and have enjoyed seeing it blossom into a fully featured program for tracking finances, transactions, investments, debts, expenditures, credit, and much more. I like how the program provides a simple, elegant interface for tracking a wide variety of financial components all in one place.

Cons

What I like least about Mint is that sometimes it is not compatible with certain financial products or with certain banks/businesses, which requires me to manually input data in order to replace this information. I have found that sometimes the connectivity with Mint is also inconsistent.

Budgeting Done Right

Overall Mint is my go-to source for making sure there are no irregularities in my budget and that I am spending wisely. Due to my large amount of money accounts, I couldn't trust any other company to continually track my money.

Pros

For those who have many credit & checking accounts across a wide variety of banks, Mint is one of the best solutions out there to easily track your spending. It lets you link an unlimited number of accounts, so if you are like me and have many credit and checking accounts you can make sure you will be able to easily stay up to date on all your transactions. It also sorts all purchases by store so that you can easily search for them later.

Cons

I do not like that Mint doesn't let you delete transactions as this can cause miscalculations within your budget, especially if you are using a credit card and checking account it will show the money was taken out two times because it includes the charge and the payment. This can cause the numbers to not properly be balanced.

Mint is Marvelous

Mint has really helped me develop a clear picture of my spending. I love the charts to show what categories I spent this month total vs last month or vs last year. I can easily adjust categories or add tags to items on my credit cards to properly organize them as far as medical vs home vs entertainment etc. I love to see my net worth at a glance. Mint is marvelous!

Pros

I love everything about Mint. You can have all of your finances in one place to see what you spend and what you invest. Categories are memorized so all of your spending is organized. Super easy to develop and manage monthly budgets. All accounts are synced in real time.

Cons

Of course one has to set up all their accounts to get started. Once that is done it is terrific. On rare occasion one of may accounts will mysteriously disappear. However, I just add it again and it reappears. A small annoyance, but nothing more.

Finances at your fingertips

I've had great success creating budgets and tracking down different transactions using the Mint interface. It is really helpful.

Pros

Mint is a great way to keep your finances organized. You can import information from all of your credit card accounts, bank accounts, mortgage, IRAs, 401k, etc. This allows you to see your entire financial situation in one place.

Cons

Although they are constantly working to improve the synchronization process with different financial institutions, it can still be a little bit of a nuisance to keep your data synchronized.

All-in-One Financial Management

Pros

Mint is great for managing accounts all in one place and being able to track expenses, income, goals, and budgets. Easy-to-understand visuals. It also generates interesting tidbits to help you gain insight on your spending and saving habits.

Cons

I've had some trouble getting certain bills/financial institutions linked to Mint, it would also be nice to have an integration with Apple Card to pull that into the budgets instead of having to manually enter transactions, but that may be on Apple's end of things.

The easiest way to manage all of your finances!

I've used Mint for years, and love it. I check it daily, and it has really helped me organized all of my finances. The daily credit score and tips are great. I have recommended to many people!

Pros

Cons

Some bank account connections need to be re-established regularly, but it is easy to do. I am guessing that is a security feature of the bank, and not the software's fault.

One of the best money management applications

Pros

Most of my financial accounts and assets are in my app. Credit, checking, savings, investments, and others are all together. I can see the value of all my accounts at once. I can add bill reminders. I can set spending and saving limits.

Cons

My main negative remark is that the application disconnects from the financial accounts often and I need to re-sign in a lot. In addition, There are many investment funds that the application does not accept, yet. I hope this will change in the future as I will continue to be a user

Mint - Budget Software

I've been able to better manage my money and make better personal finance decisions. Staying on top of money gives me peace of mind and confidence.

Pros

I like that I'm able to connect with my bank accounts, credit cards, Venmo, PayPal, etc. Being able to connect to the systems I use for exchanging money allows me to best budget within the app.

Cons

I don't know that there's really anything I like least. The good part of Mint is that they are always releasing updates and it seems that they take user feedback very seriously.

A wonderful product for personal financial tracking

I love using this to keep track of my personal finances. I feel much more in control of everything than before I used it.

Pros

I login for a couple of minutes every day. Since it's automatically linked to all of my accounts, I am way way more likely to catch any fraudulent charges. I feel much safer keeping an eye on everything, all in one place.

Cons

I'd be happy to pay a bit monthly towards removing ads. The phone app is difficult to use, you really need to use the online version on a computer.

Mint for budgeting

Mint has been a good platform to keep track of our accounting.

Pros

Mint does a great job in tracking the expenses I make across several different account. It gives a good overview of my financial status. It helps to make budgets and adjust my expenses to cash-inflow. I can also check credit score.

Cons

Of late, they try a lot to push in credit card and other financial product offers on the platform, this can be distracting for an user who primarily uses the platform for accounting.

Mint is the perfect personal finance manager

Pros

Mint makes managing finances easy and intuitive. Being able to see all of your accounts and budgets in one place makes tracking expenses simple. You can even add custom budget items, recategorize transactions after they have been posted, or split transactions between multiple budgets.

Cons

It isn't possible to make retroactive changes to budgets after a period has ended. The website is full of many "pop up's" that can be obtrusive.

Fantastic Financial Aggregator

I login to Mint daily to ensure no suspicious activity on my account and their alerts about my credit report are helpful reminders.

Pros

Once I connected all my accounts this is a great way to have a consistent snapshot of my financial standing on a daily basis.

Cons

Occasionally there are connection issues that seem to occur with the same accounts with little idea on how to resolve fully. Also there are some financial institutions I have accounts with that will not connect.