Muni-Link Reviews

KELLY G.

It is a easy to use, top-notch billing system for a great price. And the people at Muni-Link are awesome.

DAVID K.

What I like best is that it is cloud based, easy to navigate, and the customer service is wonderful.

Bridgette D.

John S.

KELLY G.

The loans module still has some quirks and problems.

4.7

Fixed a major headache

Muni link has increased our revenues by us seeing the other software wasnt billing our tarriff correctly. We have added thier web presence and awaiting them to go live with thier inventory software.

Pros

We started off having another town doing our billing using a software that is complicated and as basic as you can get. We had issues with the other town and thier software costing us money so we decided to do our own billing. We met with several companies and munilink was the best due to the price, not needing an expensive hardware setup, and the amount of features built into the software. During the transition we was teamed up with representative and she has been present every step. We can not belive how easy the switch was.

Cons

I really cant say I have any cons it does every report needed.

JR, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Product sells itself

I had a very positive experience with Muni-Link beginning from the first time I met with them to review the product. The product sold itself but the entire staff was extremely helpful in walking me through the set up, training and implementation of the program. Whenever I have a question or problem that needs to be resolved, the support staff is amazing! They quickly help me to resolve any issues or answer any questions. I've never regretted purchasing this product. It has significantly simplified the billing portion of my job as it accurately tracks charges and payments so I can ensure that all customer accounts are properly billed and paid.

Pros

I love how user friendly the program is. Our Municipality bills residents for water, sewer and garbage usage. This program quickly and easily calculates charges and tracks payments. I am alerted to any possible billing errors before bills are printed which helps to avoid costly mistakes. Once payments are made, I can quickly print a report which shows me how much to deposit into 3 separate accounts (water, sewer and garbage). For auditing and budgeting purposes, the program provides all necessary information. When a resident calls with questions, I can easily navigate through their account to provide answers. The program has so many wonderful features to simplify the billing portion of my job.

Cons

Sometimes I can't find a report that would be helpful to me. For instance, I would like to print out the names and addresses of all the residents in the Borough. The report that is offered would need to be modified for my purposes but would be time consuming for me to modify it. On the plus side, I could reach out to Customer Service to see if they could easily modify it for me. Customer service stated that they like to know what reports are most beneficial because other companies often have the same need.

Donna, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Invoicing, Payments & Adjustments

Reports are sometimes inaccurate. Usually can get it straightened out with Muni-Links's Support Team. They are always very helpful and if they don't know the reason they take it to someone else to figure out the problem.

Pros

I do like the stored information it stores on your work. It is easy to find previous posted batches in case you need to look up old or new information. It also nice to have customers information on Account Central where you can find their usage, balances and any notes you have entered about that customer plus a lot more right on one screen.

Cons

When it comes to posting your work most of the time it won't let you post because of a billing cycle being locked & whoever is trying to post has to go back in & unlock it in order for them to continue their work. Also there are too many transactions you can't post because of the time that is on your posting date and you have to manually change the time on your work because there was already something...

Streamlines many processes

We have streamlined most of our office tasks with MuniLink, and it has proven to be a great time saver. The folks at the support center - I mostly use the chat feature - are very pleasant and responsive and I enjoy all of them very much. Our initial training was less than optimal - I think our trainer was too new and not supervised closely enough. But MuniLink stayed with us for the entire 9 months (that is right - 9 months) until we learned the correct way for most of the processes. They sent an experienced trainer 6 months after we went live for 3 days of onsite training, (at our expense) which helped tremendously.

Pros

I really appreciate that we can see the whole customer account in one view, and make most changes or additions right there on the account page.

Cons

The reports module and the delinquent letter batches. The reports module is very confusing to me. When I am looking for numbers in my reports, I need them in spreadsheet format so I can sort them in various ways. Many reports do not have this option, and most of the reports that do print to csv do not include our company name or logo, the name of the report, or the parameters used, so I have to add...

Telia, thank you for the review of Muni-Link. We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

LDWC Review 2019

We are unique in that we are a cooperative versus a municipality. We have members versus customers. Muni-Link has understood that and worked with us to get the data entered from the old software into the Muni-link software. Some have posed challenges for the staff, but they have been exceptional in following through and getting our old information into the new software. From day one our experience has been a positive one. It was a big change after 10 years, and one we don't regret. Thank you.

Pros

Ease of use. I have been a customer since 2017. From searching customers by account number or name without having to change to a different screen, to entering a new service. All are very easy after the first entries. But my overall favorite feature is the CSV option readily available on almost all reports. This is so helpful when reviewing data. If I could only keep one feature, it would be that one, although I am sure there is so many more features I haven't even used yet. It seems like every time I have a question, I learn about something new.

Cons

Since I have only been a customer since 2017, I haven't discovered much I like least. I think if I could change one thing it would be, as an administrator, to have the ability to unpost payment or adjustment batches to correct mistakes. I understand why that happens, but I think administrators could have authorizations over some issues like that.

Carol, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

best i've ever used

our billing went from 5 days (yes days!) to 2 hours. it otherwise saves us so much time over our previous billing system. it is the best move we could ever have made. absolutely love it.

Pros

it does everything i need it to and other things, too. it is so easy to use and doesn't take long to master. customer service is top notch. the company will add features that you need, then they will be available to all of their customers. many reports can be downloaded as a .pdf or spreadsheet for further manipulation. i can get the entire monthly billing done in about 2 hours, and that includes verifying all the 3rd party information is correct for each customer and printing. you can post transactions for a past or future date if you need to, unlike our old billing software. you can change the due dates depending on what day of the week it falls on. so much customization.

Cons

the reports are sometimes difficult to figure out, but you can subtitle them so you don't forget what each one does. have had issues with adjustments hitting revenue when it's not supposed to. finally figured out where it's happening.

Patty, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Innovative, easy to learn and use

Muni-Link is the best out there! I looked at different options and nothing compared to the ease of use to the customer support provided. I have recommended Muni-Link to many municipalities and will do so in the future :)

Pros

Anyone can use it, when you look for information it is where it should be. I like that we can customize the data and customer support is easy to reach and willing to help. You can access it from anywhere you have internet access. Usually, when I am looking for something Muni-Link doesn't offer I contact support and they already thought of it and have it or they request their programmers to design it for me. They are progressive with the ever changing electronic world and they don't wait for challenges to arise before addressing them, they have a solution before a problem. Seriously, the best choice I have made!

Cons

I certify tax liens each year and it's a 3 step process with about 370 accounts, which is very time consuming. Muni-Link has offered to help data entry but I would like an easier option than manually entering 370 accounts 3 times.

Haley, thanks for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as one of our customers. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Muni-Link was just what we were looking for when we needed to switch to a new billing software.

Up until May of 2009 we did our own sewer billing. The software program we were using was no longer being supported, so we needed to come up with another program. The water company had wanted to do our sewer billing for years, saying they would simply add our sewer charges to their monthly water bills. We had the water company do our billing from June 2009 through July 2012. Without going in to...

Cons

Judi, thank you so much for the wonderful review and positive feedback! We are proud to have you as one of our Muni-Link customers. Best regards, Mac Rosenbaum.

My overall billing experience with Muni-Link

My overall experience has been great! The sales team is awesome, the customer support team is wonderful. I feel like I know them personally. They are the most pleasant people to talk to. Great team (Muni-Link) :)

Pros

What I like most about Muni-Link software was how easy it was to get our old billing software transferred to the new billing software. I was very nervous at first, but it all fell into place very easily. When any problems did arise, the support team was able to help in a reasonable amount of time. The software is very easy to use. The billing is step by step. I would recommend this to any new businesses thinking of going to Muni-Link. It has been almost five years since we started this software.

Cons

I really do not have any complaints except when they do updates they do not always let you know ahead of time. If changes are being made I would like to be notified prior to.

Susan, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Great system

Pros

We love the reports the best. It helps with becoming more accurate in billing for our customers. It was easy to learn and use. The support desk is always very helpful and prompt in answering back. Conversion was very easy and seamless. Everything flowed over into Muni-Link nicely. Training was very thorough. Muni-LInk was able to accommodate us a lot for changes we wanted or help us to get the desired outcome.

Cons

The loans module still has some quirks and problems. We don't like how the billing and payments are done in the loans module. WE have problems when we final out an account with a loan on it. Some times we wish we could do some adjustments in the maintenance tab instead of calling the support desk to do them for us, but they are very quick in making the changes for us.

Kelly, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as one of our customers. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum.

Muni-Link

Most importantly, the help desk has been extremely helpful as I, a new employee, have had a lot of questions. The program is easy to use, but I am still learning some of the 'ins' and 'outs'. For our Village, this has been a good solution for accurate and timely billing.

Pros

The software is easy to use, for the most part. Help with questions if almost always immediate. If a question isn't answered immediately, there is a response within a very short time. The online access has been a very important reason we like the program...easy to access. The report function is pretty good...and if there is a report we don't find to meet our needs, another report is usually available to give similiar results.

Cons

The report functions could be a little better with their descriptions. Interface with our credit card provider has been a challenge with recording payments and the division of monies to funds.

Stephanie, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Great program and awesome customer support

Pros

This program is easy to use. I like the ability to keep various customer accounts open at the same time. There are many great reports to use and if you can't find what your looking for, customer support is always there to find it for you. This program is capable to bill water usage down to single gallons, no more guessing for the customer on what they actually use each month.

Cons

The thing I like least is when returning a customers original deposit, it will show in the breakdown of the bill as part of the payment needed.

Alison, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as one of our customers. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Ex everything :)

Pros

Customer support is excellent ... easy to use and understand... I can't write 100 words about everything because I am looking 100% overall that we are very happy with everything. haha hope this is ok !

Cons

Some of the reports could be simplified and more to suit our needs. Sometimes while printing address labels it will print past customers addresses who moved out of town.

Michelle, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Muni-Link. We appreciate you doing this and are proud to have you as a customer. We are always improving our solution including the reports screens and printing capabilities and I will pass these on to our development team. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP, Muni-Link.

Munilink Review

The Authority has had a very positive experience with Muni-Link. The transition was fairly easy and the customer support superb. Many reports are available. I think when updates are done and new reports are added to the program, an email should be sent out to customers with the updates.

Pros

The software is very user friendly and offers many features. Many reports available.

Cons

The Authority has a more complicated way of calculating interest and the system is unable to calculate it properly. Many adjustments have to be done and all account checked.

Brenda, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

My Review

It has been a great experience right from the beginning. When I called regarding looking for a new billing system to one of the rep coming to my office to talk to me about it. Once they converted from the old system he trained me and was always helpful. You can't go wrong with Muni-Link!!

Pros

The ease of the transition from the old system to Muni-Link. I was dreading it but it was so easy on my part. The system is very easy to use. Glad I made the move. So many reports can be made from this system. Customer Support is awesome when I do need some advice. Just overall very happy with it.

Cons

So far I haven't run into any cons. They are making helpful changes all the time.

Veronica, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link. We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Great company to work with and the best billing software I've used.

No backup necessary. No extra hardware (server) necessary. Easy access from any machine that has internet. Do not need to worry about upgrading the software because of compatibility issues.

Pros

No need to be concern about compatibility issue and they are constantly improving the software based upon customer needs

Cons

I prefer to have the ability to create reports on my own without putting a request to the developer. So far there is no report writer (yet).

Ron, thank you for taking the time to write a review on Muni-Link Utility Billing. We appreciate your business and are proud to have the Altoona Water Authority as one of our customers. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP, Muni-Link.

Water and Sewer billing made easier!

We are very happy with Muni-Link. The software is very easy to use. Many more options are available to us over our old software. Their customer service is always there to help. If they can't answer right away, they look into it and get back to us in a reasonable amount of time.

Pros

The ease of the program! All the information is at our fingertips. Invoicing and payment posting is very easy and simple. A big time saver over what we had before.

Cons

Not much really, but if I had to pick something, it would be that they haven't been able to program our late charges the way we like. The program will assess late fees, but not in the way we want and used to do it.

Amy, Thank you for the wonderful review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

MUNI-LINK Review

The switch over from the old billing system to Muni-Link was stressful but once all the kinks were worked out my clerks love it. We are always learning something new that they system can do and we've had the system since 2016.

Pros

This is a very easy billing system to navigate through.

Cons

Certain reports are needed and sometimes I have to combine 2 reports together to get what I actually need which involves more time spent. Any suggestions for a special report go on a "wish list".

Barbara, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as one of our customers. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Muni-Link is absolutely fantastic!

Pros

Muni-Link is so user friendly. The navigation to use the software is so easy to use and understand. I came from a different municipality that used a completely different software. The software was so hard to use and whenever you had an issue to try and get in contact with someone in customer support was awful. Since using Muni-Link, I have nothing bad to say. Muni-Link support is great. They are always eager to help. I will never use any software, but Muni-Link.

Cons

I honestly do not think there is anything that I don't like about the software. The software is so easy to use.

Mackenzie, thank you very much for the review of our Muni-Link Utility Billing solution! We appreciate the feedback and are proud to have Warwick Township Municipal Authority as one of our customers. Thanks again! Mac Rosenbaum, Senior VP Sales & Marketing, Muni-Link.

VERY USER FRIENDLY

THE SUPPORT STAFF IS VERY PATIENT AND KNOWLEDGEABLE. THE SYSTEM ITSELF IS VERY USER FRIENDLY.

Pros

USER FRIENDLY AND GREAT SUPPORT STAFF ITS VERY EASY TO TRAIN OTHERS ON THIS SYSTEM. i LIKE THE FACT THAT IT IS IN THE CLOUD. IT CAN BE ACCESSED EASILY.

Cons

BECAUSE WE HAVE TWO TYPES OF BILLS, SOME OF THE SERVICE DATES DO NOT POPULATE CORRECTLY. WE HAVE METERED AND NON METERED ACCOUNTS.

Holly, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

VERY USEFUL SOFTWARE

SO FAR THERE HAS BEEN ONLY GOOD THINGS TO SA ABOUT THIS SOFTWARE, THERE ARE A LOT OF THINGS POSSIBLE TO DO WITH THIS SOFTWARE AND IT DOES TAKE A WHILE TO FIGURE THEM ALL OUT. BUT OVERALL I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO ANYONE

Pros

ITS EASY TO USE, AND THE CUSTOMER SUPPORT IS GREAT, THEY ARE FAST AND EFFICIENT

Cons

THERE ARE SOME REPORTS THAT I WISH WERE ALITTLE MORE DETAILED, BUT OVERALL A GREAT SOFTWARE

Chrisanne, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Very Happy Consumer

Cloud based solution added a layer of data security. We had previously had a server fail and despite the proclaimed support from our vendor the back-ups failed. It cost us four days of unproductive time and duplicating work previously entered.

Pros

The ease of use. Very easy transition from prior software. Employees like the account home page, all information is easily accessible. Loading our data base early on so we could play with the software with our own data help with the conversion and training.

Cons

Not so much a disliking as a frustration. Like in any industry "slang or terminology" took awhile to get on same page. Not software related directly.

Muni-Link billing

The transition from our previous billing system to Muni-Link was pretty painless. The support staff has been very helpful and is always able to help with any issues we may have.

Pros

I like the Mobil app that uploads our meter readings into the computer

Cons

The reports could be better. I'm not sure if the reports that I want are not available or if I just cant find them.

Jeanne, thank you for the nice review of Muni-Link! We are proud to have you as a customer. Sincerely, Mac Rosenbaum, SVP Sales & Marketing.

Muni-Link Review

This is a great billing software to use. It is very user friendly and easy to learn. The system methodically takes you through steps to create bills to ensure accuracy and provides reports to review in order to catch or correct mistakes prior to creating bills. Posting payments is very quick and easy as the system automatically calculates and applies payments to the correct categories. I love...

Cons

Donna, thank you for the great review of Muni-Link. We are honored to have you as part of the Mun-Link family of customers. Regards, Mac Rosenbaum.

Overall a good software application

Our company previously outsourced our billing/processing. Keeping it in house has allowed us to be more effective when dealing with customers. Muni-Link's customer service is always available to us.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Also if possible, the developers are willing to make changes to the software to accommodate specific requests.

Cons

When adding lien interest to our sewer billing accounts, the figures are no longer accurate when reprinting an invoice.