All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Square Virtual Terminal

Payment processing tool for managing virtual transactions

Square Virtual Terminal Reviews

Reuven D.

Read the full review
Easy to implement and utilize right away. Good options for clients-easy to read screen and options for what customers sees.

Tracy L.

Read the full review
I liked their software easy to use and setup pos system and easy to program inventory and design.

Jason W.

Read the full review

Cons

The worst part of Square Virtual Terminal is the Square part. Ive had horrible experience using Square in the past.

Scott K.

Heidy M.

Read the full review
The lack of features, cost and general lack of worth.

Rachel S.

4.5

Very User Friendly

The virtual terminal is very easy to use and easy to customize

Pros

The ability to use the software anywhere.

Cons

If your internet is not reliable it can be slow.

Square is the way to go!

Ive used Square for years with their little mag stripe unit with my phone. Easy to use when Im on the road. Now Im using Square Virtual Terminal as well. It helps me set up recurring payments in addition to on the spot sales

Pros

I love the versatility of the Square Virtual Terminal. On the spot sales, recurring payments, invoices, and more all at your finger tips.

Cons

The fees are a little high compared to the rest of the industry.

Square for us is a dare

I have had a neutral experience with square, i had many problems that didn't meet our bussiness needs but they fixed everything and i returned everything and switched to paypal so i cant really complain to much

Pros

Cons

The hidden fees, expensive hardware, and non support for e-commerce solutions for online retail and non square customers. You must buy their expensive hardware and software monthly fees and maintenance fees and high transaction fees vs a standalone like paypal with no fees and all customers welcome

I'm SQUARED Straight!!!!

For the quickest, securest, and most user-friendly method of obtaining, submitting, and utilizing a client's most sensitive personal information in the way of financial transactions, Square Virtual Terminal is where you need to head on over to. Be it over the phone, text, email, or messenger bird, Square Virtual Terminal allows you to swiftly input a financial transaction, badaboom, badabang, DONE....

Pros

SCENE: A client calls you, requesting to go ahead and submit payment, giving you their most sensitive financial data over the phone, with you, and your supervisor slides a note over to you with just the user name and password for the company's Square Virtual Terminal account online. It's your first day. Feigning a confidence worthy of Oscar note, you tell the client that absolutely, you can do that...

Cons

Minus the inherent, basic awkward nature of handling someone's most private and sensitive data, especially of the financial kind, this software is making some serious waves in the transaction department and from my experience, elicits no cons. For any and every kind of business financial deal done, be it for products or services rendered, Square has filled the kind of hole circle or triangle or trapezoid simply couldn't, and in perfect adherence to safety and privacy protocols and protection. Fraudulent activity BUH BYE! The entire time I've used Square, in any capacity, I've not run into a single issue, breach of confidentiality, or any instance where my clients has been any thing other than happy and satisfied.

No comparison

I have tried 3 other credit card processors who promised 'the earth' and delivered poorly. Even though 'on-paper' Square doesn't seem to be the lowest price, at the end it is since everyone else has hidden fees and / or additional cost for the virtual terminal. The virtual terminal is simple and intuitive, it has all the business information in one place and you can choose to get daily emails summarizing the day transactions. Knowing what I know, I'd not waste time with anyone else.

Pros

Great user interface, easy to use, everything in one place, you can easily access transactions and reports for your business. No hidden fees.

Cons

I would like the transaction fee to be lower

A Standard-Bearer

Overall, it portable, familiar and easy to use both as merchant and customer.

Pros

Square is widely used and has been around long enough to have worked out the kinks contributing vastly to functionality and use-ability. We use Square often as a merchant app and for regular customers/clients.

Cons

It is easy enough to embed a marketplace into a website and receive payments online. It is customizable but maybe a little less trendy and a little plainer design than I would like.

Great POS, a bit expensive

It's okay. They are widely known and accepted. Really like their invoices. Very easy to send, and sends reminders. Don't like their booking or processing fees. It's acutally one of the lowest in the market though (besides glossgenius, if you're a service provider). Like their stock keeping. Don't like their customer service at all

Pros

I like square. I've been using them for a while. Very easy to use. Love their invoices, how easy it is keeping track of stock - you can have alerts sent to you when you're low on products!

Cons

Their referral program is a bit wonky. It worked for me once then had a lot of problems the other time where basically they were giving me lots of runarounds or just not understanding and saying I was wrong. Their customer service is not the greatest. Don't like their booking either because you can't put categories. If you wax or something your booking menu will be insanely long. If not y. It should be fine. Plus it's free for their booking! People can remove their cards though. And hate they changed their processing. Every company has processing fees though. The worst part of having a business

Great product

Pretty happy with it. No major complaints. Does what i need.

Pros

It's all over the place. I can get help quickly from the Customer Service. Everything i need on a daily basis is here.

Cons

Whatever options I cannot do, I can always get to the full site on my computer and do there. Usually, i dont need anything extra, so it's enough to sue SVT.

Square is awesome

It’s been good since day one I highly recommend

Pros

It’s very easy to use and get started with.

Cons

A bit pricey but it’s still a good value

To bad it’s part of Square...

Square virtual terminal is one bright spot in an otherwise terrible program.

Pros

Square virtual terminal is actually very useful allowing you to take credit/debit card payments over the phone or through email by manually entering in card details. Being Able to set up recurring payments is my favorite feature and it’s easy to navigate your way around the site.

Cons

The worst part of Square Virtual Terminal is the Square part! Ive had horrible experience using Square in the past! Hands down THE WORST customer service of any product I’ve EVER dealt with! My account was deactivated for no good reason which made it literally impossible to talk to anyone at customer service. Dozens of emails went unanswered and the held my $100 balance I had in account for over 2 years before finally releasing it.

Square has been my Go-To for over 9 years!

Best decision I'd made for my business in the last 15 years

Pros

I can have access to my funds immediately for an additional fee, I can use it with my phone, they offered stock options when they first did an IPO, and I love the ease of use

Cons

Customer support is good, but you have to go through too much to actually get it - it's a strict online service, but when you need to speak with someone, you have to register, get a ticket #, a bit much just to clear up an issue

Great Option during an uncertain time

The biggest hurdle we faced during the shutdown from COVID 19 was that we had lots of patients who were due to order contacts. This allowed us to limit physical interaction with our patients, while serving them in a timely manner. The detailed invoice was nice to send to patient to show payment and also to upload in our patients chart.

Pros

We started using this software when our business was partially shutdown due to COVID19. Working from home, it made it easy to correspond with patients who needed to order essential contacts and eyeglasses. I was able to take payment and send a detailed invoice for payment directly to the patient.

Cons

I can't say there was anything I found to be a con to using this software. The virtual terminal function worked very efficiently and the amount charged as credit card service fee was comparable to what we physically use at our office.

Lifesaver!

Pros

The ability to have a payment processor that works with us as an industrial hemp/CBD business is the most important aspect of the software for us.

Cons

It was a bit complicated to get set up and established, and unlike a service like Paypal, there is a lag in transferal to our bank account.

Great product!

Great experience. I still wish that the fee that comes with using this product was lower than other vendors; however, this is still a good product for people to begin with.

Pros

I like the ease of being able to use the virtual terminal, especially since it speeds up the process of collecting payment.

Cons

It can be a little tricky to learn the ins and outs of the product; however, once you learn them, it's smooth sailing.

Would Recommend

I have enjoyed square. Easy set up. Keeps track of earnings for tax time.

Pros

Cons

Fees are a bit high, especially if you dont have the hardware. Reader is occasionally hard to use/swipe.

Great for on the go

Does exactly as advertised and perfect choice for our need

Pros

Have hosted several events and brought a mini - mobile pro shop. We have used this instead of actual hardware.

Cons

some are leery of using financial information on a virtual portal, so there can be some hesitation there

Square Virtual Terminal

I like it and recommend it if you need to accept payments

Pros

It's super easy to use. It lets you save customer information on file if you have recurring transactions. If you don't have your card reader on hand you can still take payment with the virtual terminal

Cons

The transactions fees are a bit higher if you don't have the card present. Meaning if you take payment over the phone you will be charged a higher processing fee for that transaction.

Not bad at all

Liked the integration into my current Square store. The challenge came when I needed others to run the register when I had live events. The learning curve was steeper than expected. It also required a bit more computing access (my full laptop, etc.) then I wanted. It was fine, but expect to spend some time educating others to use it.

Pros

Flows well into my current Square store, especially if you've already established a website/have been doing online sales.

Cons

Not super intuitive for people who aren't involved in the online website. It took some education to help cashiers get the setup. Not pleased with the computer requirements either.

Square Virtual Terminal Review

Pros

I like that it is simple to use and it is easy for the customer as well.

Cons

The percentage taken of sale is a little higher than what I would like to pay.

Square reader, expensive for not a lot of features

I have switched to a new card reader software. Square did not seem worth it for the price, cost per swipe...etc.

Pros

The ease of use is great, but this is mostly due to not having many features.

Cons

The lack of features, cost and general lack of worth.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.