Amazing Charts Reviews

Amazing Charts

Electronic health records (EHR) and practice management

Review Summary

Pros

Ease of use and ability to use out of the box are the best features. They remain as the best features.

Kerry W.

Ease of use, excellent customer service, polite and courteous customer service reps, looks and feels like a standard paper chart, simple user intuitive interface.

Ravishankar V.

Besides how great the actual software is they integrate with some top notch companies. Really a great tool to keep your office running.

Veronica H.

Cons

Since we switched to the on-line version, we haven't had a crash, but internet problems have made life difficult at times.

Douglas C.

Be aware of lack of accountability. Check other EMR's - what you pay is what you get.

Maribel A.

It uses some templates, but using a macro to insert common sentences is difficult.

Douglas C.

3.7

Affordable, reliable, easy to use EHR

Experience is Amazing! No pun intended. It is affordable and runs great. I have installed it at two offices already.

Pros

Cost. Simplicity. Easy to train new employees on it. Ability to run it off of a local server. Chart flow is smooth.

Cons

Nothing Negative to say about the software. But the gaurdian angel support has lost its touch since being bought out. We don't need the support unless issue with licences occur,but the support lacks.

Loved it but became very pricy

I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay $$$$ for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another $$$$, now , for patients portal $110 per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions $$$...

Pros

easy to use

Cons

very expensive

Dr. Nana, we are sorry you feel that costs have increased, but the reality is that Amazing Charts is one the most affordable EHR solutions. We must correct a few inaccuracies. A few of the costs you describe are for extra functionality, which you chose to add. The Patient Portal required for MU is included; you are paying for a more robust portal from Updox. eRx is included; any costs for EPCS...

No ability to access medical records after our Physician passed away.

We were always pleased with Amazing charts. The fee per Physician was reasonable BUT....after our physician died suddenly we never hired another MD. So we never paid any future physician fees. Our system crashed after a severe storm and we called for help installing the program on another computer. We found out we had to pay $450.00 an hour to do so, reluctantly we did. The program worked maybe...

Pros

easy to use

Cons

Support after our Doctor died!!!!! NO SUPPORT

13 year USER - Very Discouraged

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. User-friendly, easy to navigate and operate. Horrible customer service availability. If you have a problem with an upgrade - you are charged again for support training. Why is that not part of the support we pay for?

Pros

Fairly user friendly. Like the chart layout.

Cons

Cost has become an issue for a small practice. We pay (1) for the certificate, (2) for the customer service, (3) for patients portal, (4) for narcotics e- prescriptions. We pay annually per provider whether they work 1 day a month or 30 days a month, for service, support, and upgrades. Now they are tagging on taxes for these services. Nine times out of ten we can not reach support (worse since...

We've been happy with Amzaing Charts

Pros

This emr has a few very nice selling points. By far, the first is the price. We are a solo practice and I spent a year listening to emr presentations before settling on AC. That was in 2009. There were no emrs that could even come close to AC's cost and still provide the same features and support. I occasionally provide training at other offices in our area that have AC. All of my feedback in...

Cons

The customer support typically responds within minutes if we contact them through online chat at their website. I have never been able to call and have their support phone answered though. They will often log into whichever computer is having a problem and fix it on the spot. It is probably best to have someone in the office that has some experience with computers. That isn't always a common employee skill which makes paying more for onsite support sound more comforting.

Amazing Charts

Once I get a call or email back from A.C. its ok. My overall experience is just "ok". It wouldn't be my first choice in software if I had to pick all over again.

Pros

Documenting a visit on a patient is easy for the providers. I like that it is connected the Immunization Registry and Updocs.

Cons

I don't like the customer service/technical support. When you call then for help you never get a live person. You have to leave a message and they don't get back with you for a couple days. The same goes for email. They are suppose to have "live" support but they don't have live support after 2 pm MST. If they do, I never get ahold of anyone. I also don't like the Practice Management side of the software. Not easy to use and you still have to "batch" charges to send claims, which I think is very old-fashioned. My Medical Assistants don't like the immunization documenting because it's hard to find and not easy to print.

Solid EHR

I am the system administrator for a mid-sized medical practice that uses this software. I was with the practice when it migrated to Amazing Charts -- around 10 years ago. I find that it generally functions well. It doesn't quickly integrate every possible new feature, but the features it has are solid. The practice keeps pushing to switch to a cloud-based EMR (and they did so for six months, then switched back) -- but onsite server EMRs are superior when the internet goes down or is slow.

Pros

It gets the job done, it is pretty easy for users to use, tech support is generally knowledgeable. It is easy to install. There is high-quality tech support available on the weekend for emergency issues (I have had to use this service a couple of times over the past decade.)

Cons

As the company has been bought out, the customer support is not as responsive as it used to be. It is nearly impossible to reach them via phone, and chat is only available first thing in the morning. However, they usually call back pretty quickly, and tech support always speaks and understands good English! I dislike that the billing portion of the software is only cloud-based, and that it uses Java. The built in back up program makes a once a day complete backup -- but it doesn't cull old backups, and periodically I have to access it and delete old backups manually to free up space. New server installations require a generated key, requiring a call to tech support, which can be very inconvenient if server hardware fails. (This happened to me.)

Amazing in many ways

I pull up patient lists regularly and wean out patients that have not been coming to the practice. pulling reports. very user friendly. easy to train new employees. I have remote access.

Pros

I reviewed our options back in 2004 when we implemented the EMR at the time I had 3 practices and installed AC at all 3 locations. I am now down to 1 practice with 4 providers, still love it with all the changes in the environment ( meaningful use) and all the interfaces. Just wish it was easier to send letters from AC to patients. the schedule is versatile and user friendly, I once thought of switching for the convenience of my billing company and almost had a mutiny amongst the staff. I have used other ehr's at hospitals and other sites, nothing is as user friendly for pediatricians. The total cost is still reasonable and the reports are good.

Cons

needs to have some changes to make patient emailing better.

The steps required for messaging and forwarding charts is very un-amazing.

I learned that price is not the best way to pick an EMR

Pros

The best part of Amazing Charts is the name, and the little stick figure and its daily message when you are opening the program every morning.

Cons

When you are sending another team member a message on a patient, if for any reason you do not send it because you are interrupted, the entire message disappears and you have to restart it. Our office brought this up at the last convention here in Chicago, and nothing has been done to address or improve this feature, despite the numerous complaints from all the attendees of the conference.

Good Product - No Customer Service

The problem with this EMR is the lacking of customer service. They recently stopped the ability to chat. This means they are now never accessible. If you call do not expect to reach a live body. If you email it takes days for them to get back with you. If they update the product expect for downtime for at least a week or more. Great price, average product, poor customer service.

Pros

price

Cons

ABSOLUTELY HORRIBLE PRODUCT SUPPORT!

Dear Colleen – We’re sorry to hear you’ve had difficulty reaching our technical support group. Instant chat is still available for EHR support. Most our customers continue to use chat to reach us immediately. We only removed chats for our Practice Management support since their problem tend to require live interaction. PM clients continue to reach us via email and telephone. From our records, it appears your performance issues have been due to your practice’s IT system and have successfully been resolved. In mid-April, we performed an emergency database transfer to a new server when your practice’s server kept shutting down unexpectedly. Please contact us to resolve any other issues you are experiencing. The Team at Amazing Charts.

Almost everything you need on one screen!

This my 3rd EMR and my favorite. With supervision of Nurse Practitioners in other locations I've seen other EHR's and this one is the best. The worst are the ones with nothing but clicks and drop-down menus or just being able to show one screen at a time (one I use limits the progress note to the whole screen, can't even see the med list). Support is good despite some criticism. I primarily use the online chat. It's rare that I can't get someone on chat who can walk me through it or take control of the PC and fix it. I use a local server and it's fine, can't afford to lose my EMR if the internet goes down. Cloud based is available.

Pros

Having all these on one screen in separate boxes is great: CC, HPI, ROS, PMH, SOC Hx, Meds, VS, PE/MSE, Dx, Plan and buttons to write Rx or order labs. E-prescribing easy, all pharmacies listed. Make your own templates easily from any screen. Very little clicking and radio buttons which is good if you can type, not so great if you type slowly (can use 3rd party dictation software). Fax, lab integration is good, being able to scan and import as docs, pdf is good.

Cons

NewCrops electronic prescribing of controlled substance is cumbersome due to Verizon but they are discontinuing at the end of February and the new vendor Exostar is supposed to be better and reduced clicks. Report generation and letter writer could be improved. Font sizing would be nice feature. Portal integrated with Updox is not particularly helpful or user-friendly and I don't even use it.

I very simple

Amazing Charts is the top rated EHR according to multiple user satisfaction surveys and is affordable, easy to use, and FREE to try. Unlike most EHRs, Amazing Charts was designed by a physician, allowing you to document more with fewer clicks. Amazing Charts offers a fully integrated Practice Management solution and a wide range of value-adding services to help you increase your practices efficiency and revenue. Additionally, Amazing Charts is ICD-10 compliant and 2014 Meaningful Use certified.

Pros

We did a 30 day free trial period with Amazing Charts while searching for a new EMR system last year. Their EMR was more user friendly than the previous one we had been using (Practice Partner) but still required more clicking around in a patient's chart than what we were looking for. Overall, seemed very user friendly but we wanted an EMR with everything in the patient's chart accessible on one page which it did not seem to have.

Cons

very expensive Overall: I have been using AC for more than 3 years, It made my life beautiful. The problem is that any functionality you need to use (Like patient portal, electronic labs requests, e-prescriptions) is an additional cost to your subscription. I pay for the certificate but I have to pay for the customer service another, now , for patients portal per month , for narcotics e- prescriptions,...

MANY good qualities! a few fixable challenges

I love the simplicity of use - there are more complicated things you CAN do but you don't have to I love that the templates are so easy to make and its time saving and has My own way I want to express things! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THAT WE DON"T HAVE TO CLICK AND CLICK AND CLICK! such a joy! I would just brag all the time and feel SO SMUG! the first time I called Guardian Angel support ( as a test during...

After six years of use.

I recommend Amazing Charts highly. It does everything I asked it to and offered even more. It is well designed, using it is intuitive and the technical support has been superb. In fact, the best of any product or software I have ever used. I am a private practice neurologist who sees tertiary referrals with unusual conditions. Even with this atypical practice, with many fine details of history and examination, Amazing Charts was easy to adapt to my needs. It is also easy to use for my support staff.

Pros

Simplicity, ease of use and technical support.. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

Cons

I have no complaints at all. Any problems I had were easily sorted out, and quickly by support. I have used several hospital based EMR's which are all cumbersome and seem aimed away from patient care. Amazing charts allows me to focus on that, my profession.

Amazing charts reviewed. Longtime user.

Pros

Low-cost. Helped us achieve meaningful use payments.

Cons

Charge the same for part-time practitioners versus full-time. Most charge less for part time. Major software glitch several years ago which vendor refused to fix. We were able to get this problem corrected free of charge from computer experts working under a grant in the state of Hawaii. It took them about 100 hours to recapture the data which was lost.

Hi David, Thank you for the feedback! Although other EHR vendors might have different pricing for part-time clinicians, we’re happy to offer pricing that is much more affordable across the board. Additionally, we’re sorry to hear to about the issue you experienced several years ago. We want to assure you that we’ve since made significant improvements to our Quality Assurance processes and...

Pleasantly surprised that an EMR actually DID make my life easier

I am a family physician. I am young enough that I started learning on both paper charts and EMRs. During my rotations in school and residency, I got try out lots of different EMRs. There are nice things about them...you can read what you wrote, you can have templates for the times you repeat yourself, you can search for particular diagnoses or ages to make sure you're catching all the patient care...

Cons

The product is very user friendly for the most part

We have recommended this product to 6 other practices that all currently use. Each practice has its own customization and each practice prefers this over many other EMRs. Overall a good user friendly product

Pros

Easy to use, reasonably priced per provider, tech support knows how to fix a problem, you can add additional features that fit your practice (at a price), latest version is MIPS certified

Cons

MIPS system is somewhat complicated to use and sometimes requires retraining staff, upgrading to newest version no longer has free tech support, tech support takes about 24 hours to get back to you, the more you add to the system the more it costs, when using non cloud based version updates must be done on server and each work station individually

Good EMR with rough edges

Pros

I have been using Amazing Charts since 2007. The best aspect of this EMR is that it closely follows the documentation process learned in medical training with minimal clicks to complete the note. The entire process can be displayed in a single window. There is a downloadable trial with free use for several weeks. There is excellent support by the vendor with one-on-one assistance by phone or online...

Cons

New versions are often buggy for several revisions. There is no electronic billing module yet, although interfaces are available with other programs for extra cost. Some frustrating features of the software frequently discussed on the users board are slow to be addressed. New changes are introduced with little user input. The software training is entirely web-based.

Have used Amazing Charts for 7 years in my solo practice. Am now on the cloud which is a much easier format than office based server.

I dont use this for billing or scheduling , because I am in a collaborative group , sharing front desk services. This would make my experience much better. The product support is great, but on the east coast, I am on the west, so no evening support.

Pros

Simple, best for a small practice, just very intuitive. I like the referral module, the communication options. I tried another slick EMR and was dismayed to see that 'confidential ' PMI, is in a frame on the opening page, this allows all staff to see it. AC puts it behind a file tag. Also like the reminder feature,

Cons

I dont like the graphic format/ font is UGLY, needs an update. Would prefer an integrated fax, not UPDOX.

Amazing Charts is pretty good..........NO IT'S AMAZING !!!

I've used every version of Amazing charts since version 3.1 (starting 2008). Aside from some usability issues with versions 7-8, my experience has been truly AMAZING ! Version 9 is the best yet! (to the guys n gals at A.C.): I hope your quest to keep up with constantly changing government regulations such as Meaningful Use and MACRA/MIPS doesn't get in the way of your wonderful product. Those government programs will ultimately fail... I would rather have a great product like AC v9 even if it doesn't meet government requirements, than to have a compliant program. Keep up the AMAZING WORK at AMAZING CHARTS. Your customer service staff and programing support staff are truly an AMAZING GROUP OF PEOPLE ! Sincerely, Adam Lauer DO, Brewer, ME

Pros

Ease of use. Intuitive style. Progress notes that i can actually see all the fields on ONE SCREEN unlike most other products that require tons of tabbing. Reports that print out just like the progress notes we learned in medical school (unlike the 5-7 page reports printed from those other over-priced clunky programs like Centricity). Great office messaging system. AFFORDABLE PRICE TAG ! SUPERIOR CUSTOMER SUPPORT....you can actually get live people on the telephone !

Cons

Sorry I'm a loyal A.C. user since 2008. I don't have anything negative to say about the software or the company.

The Best EHR for Small Medical Practices

I installed Amazing Charts on one of the desktop computers over one weekend in 2007 and started using it on Monday without any need for training from anyone. The online tutorials are adequate for most if not all users. The EHR itself is very self-intuitive and easy to use. I recommend transitioning from your paper charts to fully EHR over 3 to 4 months. Best if used with voice recognition software, like Dragon Naturally Speaking Medical Edition. In terms of cost, convenience, ease of use, features and functionality and the best customer support, one cannot beat Amazing Charts. It is simply the best EHR for physicians who want to do what they like best, i.e. see and communicate with patients, and who don't want to spend their entire day being data entry professionals!

Pros

Cons

Meaningful use data compilation can be time consuming. Medication data entry could be improved.

Overall good experience with a beginning EHR

We would still be using it if we had not been accepted to do CPC+ which required up to date reporting that AC didn't have right now.

Pros

It has been very easy to use for me and all my staff. The ability to get in and out of scheduling to clinical was very helpful. The easy ability to do the plan for the patient was also good to me.

Cons

Not being able to talk to someone when you need to, without leaving a message and waiting. For government reporting, so as good as I would like.

Terrible for MIPPS

Pros

very moldable and overall simple interface. Easy to add users. Prescription management overall is good though interactions and warnings based on heath problems that make a med contraindicated are pretty poor.

Cons

Customer support has significant eroded over the last year. MIPPS support is very poor. With the help of a government contractor, I still wasn't able to get the reporting submitted despite working on it for two months!!!

Amazing Charts Review

Overall, a great product that I would recommend. EHRs are going to be expensive, no matter where you purchase it from. This is a solid product, solid investment.

Pros

Amazing Charts is very easy to use. It seems like a perfect transition for those who are still using paper records, to using electronic records. I have used it mostly to document patient visits and medical record review and it has consistently been very user friendly.

Cons

Sometimes, all of the information on one screen can be overwhelming. It helps to have 2 monitors to spread out the information.

poor features and support

TRY AND KEEP UP WITH THE TIMES AND NEEDS OF busy PRACTITIONERS- our work is not a hobby, it is a business and you would be best served by interacting with us from that vantagepoint

Pros

easy to use and cheap. worked initially but has largely broken down in function with the advent of meaningful use etc

Cons

poor customization and lacking vital features. poor choice of partner companies ( NEWCROP RX). lacking real time customer support -