WellSky Home Health Reviews

Pros

Note forwarding is a very good feature and and medication auto fill save time. Also like that I can save templates on various diagnosis.

Michael M.

The ease of training, and the xtra trading videos were a big help. I liked the price of the software.

Ashleigh C.

I am the clinical leader and co-owner of a privately held medium sized home health care company. We have been using Kinnser for two years and are very happy.

Kristyn G.

Cons

But unfortunately after the new version took place everything seem to go down hill. We started having problems generating claims, we were losing data with each software update :( Very disappointing.

Olivera M.

Every time there is an update thing go missing from the system. Clinicians are constantly losing their information and so many bugs and glitches.

Stacey F.

Support is terrible and rarely responds, and when they do it's normally a condescending conversation. I've used Kinnser for over 8 years and will look for another solution which is sad.

Patrick S.

3.4

I have really enjoyed using Kinnser and feel it has made our business much more efficient.

Pros

I feel like it is very user friendly and customer support has always been extremely helpful in any issues we have had and in finding ways to customize the software to support our needs.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new help button in the bottom right of the screen after a recent update, i have also noticed that when you update the date of a task that is past due it does't go back to "black" it will stay "red"....so basically just a few minor quirks here and there.

WellSky for Hospice

WellSky far surpasses the previous software we used a few months ago.

Pros

WellSky for Hospice has simplified managing my patient load and insuring that all of my workload is organized. Charting is simple and easy on this software.

Cons

The Messaging feature does not allow you to scroll through messages while viewing a message. If you receive several messages, you have to constantly back out and view each individual message.

Disappointing Start but happy with the product

Nurses stopped complaining about software that was too difficult to use.

Pros

User friendly Web-based Company stays on top of regulatory changes Online and web-based training library is comprehensive

Cons

New agency training stinks. It was 95% geared toward field nursing and 5% toward back office support. Of all the issues that we have had, I can honestly say 90% of them wouldn't have come up with proper training in the beginning. In hindsight, the most important issue that I did not know was that Kinnser does not systemically submit OASIS. I came from a software that had its issues, but in the 7-8...

Clinical review

Generally Kinnser is a good program. It’s definitely on the pricier end of the spectrum, but has less faults than a lot of other major systems.

Pros

The organization of the program was easy to understand—the patient chart mirrors the way that paper charts used to be organized, including the tabs on the top of the page. The calendar in the chart also makes it easy to see when other disciplines are making visits as well.

Cons

I didn’t like that some of the features that make Kinnser a good program required additional purchases. Things like importing parts of the notes (like diagnosis in the therapy notes) are necessary to have, and the “extras” weren’t transparently verbalized prior to purchase. Also, the therapy functional assessments are the same not as the initial evaluations, which requires a lot of effort to ensure insurance compliance.

Competent but not Competitive

Pros

When I found out that a new client was using Kinser, or what they called Wellsky, I was skeptical because I had never heard of it before. When I was finally given clearance to use the software, I found it to be chock full of features and resources that even some competitors were slow to adopt. It can be difficult to use at times because of numerous technical bugs and some very avoidable issues with the OASIS resource, but it is very useful if you do not have another software for your medical company.

Cons

I did some research and was confident that I would be able to use The software with relative ease, especially after reviewing the so-called manual, which was really just a few pages of “How-To” for computer illiterates. I was wrong. It took WAY too long to understand this program before I realized that I wasn’t losing my mind, but that the program itself was terribly plagued with bugs and technical...

PT Rob from Home Health Returning to Review Almost 3 Years Later

In brief, these issues remain: -No auto-save feature ("We're working on one, I've been told." That was 2 years ago.) I don't really lose much anymore due to the lack of an auto-save feature because I have given up with Point of Service documentation and do about 90% of my note at home. It is very difficult to do POS documentation, especially evaluations. The two PTAs and OT at my company do minimal...

Pros

Customer Support is friendly. The software is fairly intuitive and takes very little time to learn. I am a Home Health Physical Therapist using Kinnser/Wellsky Software since Fall of 2017.

Cons

Wow! I have been using this software since fall of 2017. I last wrote a review in February 2018. Of significance, NONE of the issues I had in February 2018 have been addressed. Please see that review so I don't have to repeat the details. Further, the changes they have made (very few from the perspective of an in-the-field-clinician) have made the EMR worse, not better. I AM THINKING OF QUITTING MY JOB OVER THIS SOFTWARE! It makes me very depressed and makes productivity very difficult. I note that very few of the reviewers on this website are clinicians in the field. In my limited experience, most don't like it.

Physical Therapist using Kinnser Software

I have used five different EMR systems (but no other Home Health Specific ones) and find Kinnser to be the most frustrating of all of them. Kinnser migh be the best "bang for the buck" or even the best Home Health option, but I would encourage potential subscribers to shop around and/or ask for a trail (as difficult as that would be as were talking EMR here) first.

Pros

Interface is generally fairly intuitive. Daily notes are well organized. Perhaps its greatest strength is the interface for performing an OASIS SOC note. It makes the best of a long document. Customer support, while rarely able to solve the issues I have had, are professional and courteous and wait times are reasonable.

Cons

There are many. Keep in mind that I am a fairly new PT (graduated May 2016) and have been using Kinnser for almost 3 months. However, while I am no computer programmer, I consider myself computer literate and well above average in using applications like MS-Excel. Here are my biggest complaints with Kinnser: -there is no auto-save feature, which still causes me to lose information on a weekly basis...

Documentation

I am able to accomplish tasks, however, it is a tedious process

Pros

its safety features: times out after idle for period of time ability to save templates by name for future use with saved information

Cons

does not autosave, will lose data if you do not save--going to another patient's chart or signing out without saving, data is lost vitals info can only be inputed once, would be convenient to have vital input options before activity, during activity, and post activity Inability to retreat documents to edit once documents have been submitted unless administrator returns lengthy document

Potential to be the best

I have been using kinnser software for the last 2 years. It's not bad, but could be better! For example: if there are 5 patients on my schedule for today, I want this software to have ability to show me the map with all of those patients on it, do I plan my route better! Right now I have to go from one patient profile to the other to find their address and where they are on the map to schedule my route. Also it needs to have a function to trigger reminders about pt/inr labs, etc...

Pros

User friendly

Cons

I hate not being able to see multiple patients and their schedules at the same time. Also very expensive...

Needs Improvement

I can't say it's fully positive, but there are a lot of negatives that make me wish we used other software.

Pros

I think the software is quite easy to use and Navigate. It's nice to have the working version and a separate training version.

Cons

There are a lot of freezing issues that can be frustrating when you have a boatload of work to do. Would be nicer if it was more reliable.

Point of view from a field nurse

After years of paper charting out in the field and seeing other nurses with other companies use computers, I begged my superior to get something like that for us. Shortly thereafter we had our Kinnser system in place. From day one my world was changed! So much easier, faster, and complete. Being able to pull notes forward is amazing. This enables each note to stand alone and the next nurse out gets a complete picture of what's happening. I may write information in the cardiac drop down box, for example. I want everyone who sees's this pt to see this information, but if I had to rewrite it each time it would likely have just been charted on the first note and I wouldn't have rewritten it again. I love this system!

Pros

Biggest pro is pulling the last note, with it's information forward. If another nurse has seen the patient the week before, you see his or her note and have the latest information about what's going on. Being able to update the meds immediately in the home and generate orders and communications immediately on the spot saves tons of time. I feel safer in that I can pull up exact Dr's orders while out in the field. Less middle man communication.

Cons

I love love love the drop down boxes it enables more specific charting right under that specific body system when needed, unfortunately the pain section has no drop down box. This, to me, is a more important area than many of the others to have more room to write. You are limited under all sections under this title so that you are not able, at times to present a true picture and are left to chart what is happening elsewhere within the note. This would seem to be an easy fix. Please add more charting room here and I would be one happy nurse.

Daily Use of Kinnser

Pros

critical data from prior notes can carry forward, there are easy to access reports to determine where charts are in the billing process, there is a robust scrubber that detects errors that will reduce reimbursement and/or star ratings

Cons

Goals components are only nursing based - Library is very cumbersome for goals that are not specific to nursing - they can be set up for other disciplines but it is awkward and hard to use

Awesome, easy, user friendly EMR

Pros

The interface is designed much like the internet itself which is easy for anyone from the field through the office to grasp and utilize. I even have my contractors using it. The reporting structures are pretty through. Now that they have added PPS Plus it is simply a Win Win.

Cons

I don't have dislikes. I don't know why I need to document so much to say the same thing. I do not have dislikes. I am very satisfied. I have even taken this software to other agencies where I have consulted.

We Love Kinnser

When I joined the company over 2 years ago, I was taught the ropes of Kinnser Agency manager and Kinnser Hospice. I thought and still think that it was very easy to navigate and learn everything I needed to know!

Pros

This is a great product with fast response times and amazing functionality. One click and you are right where you need to be.

Cons

Sometimes it's very slow and customer service isn't very helpful. They have slow response times and sometimes even tell us they are unable to help.

This product does not come up to the promises made at initiation

Our team will never recommend Kinnser. Their staff are difficult to work with which does not help.

Pros

Use of iPads. The kmail system. There are really no Pros to this product to be discussed. It has been a constant up-hill struggle.

Cons

Where to begin. Customer support is awful....they promise to get back to you and then do not follow up so when you call back they do not know what you are talking about. We are a rural Home Health agency and are often out of service area and Kinnser has an offline feature that they charge extra for but that is cumbersome to use and usually does not work. There is no automatic save on any clinical...

RN, Director of Nursing

I went from using previous software to using Kinnser. Let me just say that Kinnser is so much better. It is extremely user-friendly, in ever aspeEasyct.

Pros

I love everything about it but I especially love the Kmail which increases communication with employees, keeps everyone up to date on current orders, etc...

Cons

Very rarely, but sometimes, I will suddenly get kicked off the website with no warning, losing information that hadn't been saved.

Used ADLware for my home care agency

Pros

ADLware was my first option for software when I first started the agency in Dec 2014 not knowing any better I went with them because I believed they could meet all the needs of my agency.

Cons

*System has bugs and crashes which I'm sure others do as well *Billing- I've been trying to split a invoice between the VA and Client for a month now and still have yet get tech support to allow me to let the VA pay for so many hours at a certain rate and the client at another rate and pay their portion (this is one of the main reasons I'm switching) *Don't allow families to pay invoice in software so families have to call office to pay over the phone *Alerts could be better some times I'm alerted by text sometimes I'm not

The Best I have Ever Used!

Pros

I haven't used such an easy system for Home Health. I have had some pretty difficult systems but Agency manager by far is the easiest!

Cons

I don't have a lot of cons to think of but one I could say would be sometimes it freezes up on me and makes me lose what I was working on but that never really happens often for us. When it does, we just give the technical support a call and they usually just tell us it was a glitch and it should be fine if we log out and back in.

We like Kinnser.

I own a therapy staffing service and work with approximately 8 agencies who use Kinnser. Each agency customizes their user rights to allow a variety of interfaces. We have used locked down versions that only allow extremely basic privileges and didn't like it. Versions allowing clinicians even a moderate amount of flexibility are far easier to use.

Pros

When agencies allow users to "use previous note" the system flows between the evaluation and the regular notes and then on to the discharge very well.

Cons

1) When agencies do not allow users to "use previous note" there are big information gaps between the initial evaluations, visit notes, reassessments and discharges. 2) The pain section of therapy notes don't allow clear documentation of interventions or results of intervention. 3) We wish it was easier to document the progress towards goals by having the goals project foward between all the visits, whether or not other clinicians have documented towards them.

NEEDS UPDATING

Pros

EASE OF USE BY CLINICIANS AND OFFICE STAFF, EASY SCHEDULING, EASY BILLING, COMMUNICATION AMONG CLINICIANS, INTERNET BASED

Cons

NEEDS UPDATING OF TECHNICAL ASPECTS, NEEDS BILLING UPDATES, NEEDS GOAL AND INTERVENTION UPDATES, NEEDS POC UPDATES

Kinnser Agency Manager

My agency has used Kinnser for 1 year and overall it is an excellent product. As with all Electronic Health Records, there are a few minor things we would change.

Pros

Billing overview you can see all or your claims in one place, if they are ready to go, and if they have paid. Documenting visits notes extremely easy to learn. Calendar view with visit types is very easy to follow. Customer service is immediate.

Cons

Rescheduling a visit date, I would like for it to be able to change it in more than one place.

Could be a lot better

Over all, Could be a better product if you would consider the clinician out in the field and make more user friendly. I think it was geared to sell it to office admin.

Pros

Takes the place of a lot of paper, I can find out information without calling office, saves trips to office.

Cons

NO AUTO SAVE. I spend so much time rewriting notes because it doesn’t always load correctly, or if I’m busy with a pt for too long, it drops off line, I then chart more and when I save I find out NOTHING WAS SAVED.. modern software auto saves. The font is difficult to read on tablets, it does not work well on non iPad tablets. Information needed on a pt is not easily accesssble. You have to leave your note and Enter 2 more areas to get basic stuff like DOB, Dr info or medication info, then you risk LOOSING EVERYTHING YOUVE CHARTED BECAUSE IT DIDNT LOAD.theres got to be better solutions than this software.

Not what we needed

This system wasn't for us. Kinnser houses several smaller agencies and doesn't have the capability for a larger agency that does a lot of business. For a paperless system, we still use a lot of paper and man power to make sure things get done timely and efficiently.

Pros

There were very few pros for this. I liked the functionality for the clinicians and the sticky notes. I liked the ability to change their review percentages and I liked their workflow for reviewing items, but there were a lot of pros to this, as well. I liked that it was web based.

Cons

It lacked a lot of functionality and the ability to create hardstops; clinicians were able to submit blank notes and Oasis just so they could get paid. The QA process was lengthy. Everything had to be double checked because the ability to submit notes without hardstops. The QA percentage could be dropped, but missed visits wouldn't still go to QA manager so that the supervisor would know to make sure the physicians were notified. There are several gaps in the system.

Kinnser EMR

Pros

Web based and ease of use for clinicians. That is really the only reason we continue to use them at this time.

Cons

We have used this system for years but have recently become quite unhappy with the product. This EMR has refused to take simple steps to assist agencies to be compliant with the new COPs. Example: They refuse to add a hospital risk assessment tool to the comprehensive assessment. This leaves their customers searching for a method to identify a patients hospitalization risk through outside resources. Instead of putting in standardized assessment tool, such as the ones they include for Pain Assessment, Fall Risk Assessment, Nutritional Assessment and Skin Assessment, they refer their customers to Riskpoint, an expensive "hospital risk management tool" add on Kinnser offers.

Overall easy to learn

The software improved significantly when the progress to goals was added

Pros

Easy to document all in one page. No need to go to different areas of a patient chart to add information regarding your visit/assessment

Cons

Not a lot of free text area on the assessment to document information not preset as part of the assessment form.