LIMSey Logo

Manage your entire engineering lab within one software.

LIMSey Reviews

Suggested alternatives

elabjournal
labware-lims
scispot

We have been using LIMSey for a few years now and they are a great company.

Andrew F.

Aviation & Aerospace, 1-10 employees

Refreshing alternative to current LIMS solutions

Very, very happy with my overall experience. I am the owner of my laboratory which has grown from just me to a handful of employees. I spent months evaluating the most popular LIMS software (8 in total) on the market and found LIMSey to be the best software for our business. It took no special training to understand, is very easily accessible, requires no maintenance on my part since it's web-hosted, and is very easily scale-able when we add new employees and tests. Best of all, my customers can log in as well to view the status of testing, results, and to communicate with us. No other LIMS software that we tested even came close.

Pros

Convenient features, easy-to-use web interface, competitive pricing, great customer support, quick implementation of additional features that customers request, easily scale-able, requires little-to-no training to understand, offers customer access for sharing reports and documents

Cons

None - when there is something I dislike I usually discuss it with their technical support and they usually implement a future update to give me the functionality I need, or give me an idea of how to meet my needs with the current features.

TS

Tina S.

Consumer Goods, 1-10 employees

Great product and easy to use

LIMSey has been a great addition to our lab. Prior to implementation, we were using MS Excel to manage our lab testing. It allows us to have all of our lab documents in one location. It is easily accessible to upper management and gives them a clearer picture of where we are in the project timeline.

Pros

LIMSey provides a management system for our product test lab that we could not find with the other LIMS available on the market. The others were designed for medical or biological labs and were not as cost efficient for our small lab. The customer service is excellent and they are always open to our suggestions for changes or improvements. They are very familiar with ISO 17025 requirements for laboratories and provide solutions to help us meet those requirements. It was easily implemented and is easy to use. It is an indispensable tool to help our lab maintain ISO compliance.

Cons

Other than final test reports, it isn't formatted for printing. This could be improved.

CS

Colin S.

Renewables & Environment, 1-10 employees

LIMSey had promise, but went backwards.

My experience started neutral, but hopeful. Now I would never recommend it to another business.

Pros

The only feature that is still useful is the test template builder.

Cons

I could spend hours describing how this product should work, but I've done that on the phone with LIMSey's management and changes opposite to my suggestions have been implemented. Basically, testing is a sequence based process, so LIMSey should be designed as such. However, LIMSey has removed all sequential based functionality. We have had to write a huge amount of our own software to make LIMSey work correctly, but that gets harder to maintain as LIMSey's functionality continues to decrease.

Hi Colin, thank you for the review. I apologize that our updates haven't been in the direction that you've wanted. Did you see the Task and Task Overviews for samples we released about two weeks ago? I believe that was designed specifically based on a conversation we had together, but if it was done incorrectly, please let me know. I'd like to discuss the frustrations you're having and see if there's a path forward for us to address them while still maintaining our overall vision for the software. Do you have time to discuss this week or next?

Andrew R.

Consumer Goods, 201-500 employees

Limsey

Pros

Keeping track of requested test, test performed and results.

Cons

Wish Dashboard page could update with correct number of total request, quicker. It is glitchy at moments, some attachments load twice. Wish edit button of task would be set to click at all times, to allow editing at the point of viewing. If an attachment was deleted, I wish a popup would show, to place/indicate the reason for deletion - [replaced with updated attachment. etc.] to show on the report and in task or another place, maybe another tab, such as discussions. Wish email was integrated, for notifications/discussions.

Hi Andrew, thank you for your feedback. We are currently developing a replacement dashboard that's real-time and much more customizable. We're also working on a complete notification system that includes email, in-app, and text message notifications. We apologize that these updates aren't ready yet, but in the meantime, we can update your existing dashboard to be real-time (it can make it a bit slower) and we can create custom email notifications based on your needs. Please get in touch with me to get any of these done and to discuss any other concerns you may have. Thank you.

AH

Alana H.

Would recommend

I wouldn't want to move to anyone else. They listen and more often than not figure out a way to implement the changes their customers need.

Pros

The software is user friendly and we were able to train and get started very quickly. The customer support has been tremendous. We have been using LIMSey for a few years now and they are a great company. They have shown a great interest in getting there software to a place that works for their customers. While there are a few things I wish LIMSey offered i genuinely have few complaints.

Cons

I would love for there to be an electronic laboratory notebook feature that was linkable to multiple tasks. I would like the reporting feature to be a bit more end user friendly.

Chase H.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

LIMSey is a game changer for small labs

Our primary desire was to automate the reporting process, and collect our data in a single place. LIMSey drastically reduced our time needed to compile data and issue a report. When the last test was completed, the report is completed with very little extra input.

Pros

When I found LIMSey I had been searching for years for an off-the-shelf LIMS system that was modular enough for physical testing laboratories to use, and didn't require significant customization or a massive initial capital investment. LIMSey provides just the right amount of structure to allow us to capture and report data, while not having a cumbersome interface. The system also integrates calibration management into the reporting function, which further reduces our reliance on separate systems to provide a complete reporting package.

Cons

We do rely on an additional set of software, called LiquidPlanner, to manage our schedules and plan equipment utilization. We don't use the built in reservation system for equipment, simply due to the nature of our business. LIMSey wasn't designed with a planning system in mind, so this isn't a problem for our business.

Lisa C.

Plastics, 201-500 employees

Easy Lab Management System

Before LIMSey, all of the lab testing was in a 'black hole' so to speak. The request would go to the lab and then no updates or data would be given until the report was written. LIMSey has offered an easy solution to tracking progress of lab requests as well as managing realistic expectations of when testing will be completed. The schedule/reservations portion brings value in knowing how far our some of our equipment is booked. It also allows us to move and re-prioritize testing if needed. This software has been a great addition to our lab!

Pros

The ease of use has been the best selling point. Traditional LIMS is highly advanced and oftentimes is not needed for most business labs. LIMSey provides a more basic version of a LIMS type software. It has a very user friendly interface and captures all necessary data for lab requests.

Cons

There have been a few bugs that have appeared throughout the process of tailoring LIMSey to our needs, but the developer team has been great about getting them addressed quickly! The color scheme could also use a little modification as on some screens, it all looks white and is hard to distinguish different fields.

CH

Charles H.

Food Production, 11-50 employees

Such a great Product to utilize

overall i am happy

Pros

That it is user friendly, and that Limsey is willing to make any adjustments as needed

Cons

that you cant tab to a new box within a record

Hi Charles, thank you for the review. Please contact me to discuss tabbing to a new box within a record. I'd like to understand the issue more to see if we can come up with a solution. Thanks.

DL

Danny L.

Good Solution

Pros

Limsey is organized into logical pieces that make it easy to understand the overall system.

Cons

Reporting could be better. There is not a good way to compare across jobs, but Limsey will assist in making all the collected data available for other analysis tools.

Automotive, 10,001+ employees

Limsey is awesome

Support team is amazing, so easy to work with ! The team worked tirelessly to be able to accommodate some of our specific needs. Due to support team, we have greatly improved our reporting time!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use limsey while I am working on an experiment. Due to their ease of use, I am able to upload pictures, organize them in order and collaborate with other team members who are using the program.

Cons

Thanks to Limsey information sharing about updates , I have no cons