Medrio Reviews

4.61/5 (36 reviews)

Stephen Boccardo

Great Value in EDC

Reviewed 2019-09-10

We deal with many life science companies that have budget constrained clincal trials. There are 1000's of these studies that need, easy to use, solid EDC at affordable prices. Medrio fits this niche and then some. We have used the product for all phases and size of trials. We have many customers that require Medrio for is capabilities and budget friendly approach to EDC.

Pros
Medrio has all the features necessary to capture data for any clinical trial. They present it in an very easy to use interface that sites like to use. The design features allow for rapid setup and deployment which is key for many type of clinical studies. Make updates and changes along the way is easy and their business model if very transparent and affordable for all budgets.

Cons
The randomization capability is nice but does not handle complex study designs and trial supply management. This is an area that can be expanded.

Laurie Hook

The use of Medrio in the medical device, start-up community

Used occasionally for 2+ years
Reviewed 2019-09-09

Being able to support small, start-up medical device companies in their clinical trial projects, with an EDC database platform that helps address varying needs, with short timelines, and in a cost-efficient manner is critical. The flexibility of the MEDRIO products enable me to design efficient and scalable databases to accommodate different development phases of projects from early feasibility studies through pivotal trials. I can quickly bring databases on and off-line to suit the needs of my clients, which has been a game-changer in the medical device, start-up community.

Pros
The flexibility to design and implement EDC databases that are tailored to the needs of medical device start-up companies in an efficient and economical manner is the main aspect of Medrio that appeals to me and my clients.

Cons
Does not have some of the features (i.e. dynamic fields) found in other EDC database platforms; however, this is not a must-have feature for me.

Dina DiVirgilio

Medrio for the Little Guys

Reviewed 2016-10-27

I'm a huge fan of Medrio! I have used other EDC systems and have also previewed some but in the end, I have always found Medrio to be the best fit for me. I think the best part about Medrio is that it is extremely user-friendly. Just about anyone can pick up the system and start using it with very little training. Most of the training needed, I think, is on the study building end. But if you are the data entry person (i.e. study sites) you can pretty much much log in and start going. Another plus is that you can get studies going pretty quickly. There is not a lot of programming that needs to be done and what does need to be programmed can be completed by any trained individual. You don't need a computer programmer to do all of the behind the scenes work. This is especially important if you work for a smaller company where you don't have so many different groups of individuals. The only negative thing I would say is that, because it is so user-friendly, it lacks some of the bells and whistles that other EDC systems have. So there are probably some features and functionality that Medrio doesn't have but I have always been able to make it work for me. If you are looking for a simple, user-friendly, high quality system, in my opinion, Medrio is what you need.

Pros
Simple, easy to use.

Cons
Lacks some features and functionality that other EDC systems have

Geralyn Torres

Mad for Medrio!

Reviewed 2019-03-14

My experience with Medrio has been positive to date. My calls to Medrio support have been met with great concern for my needs, has been followed up with emails/calls/zooms and even on-site training to ensure that my concerns/training needs were addressed. It is this type of care and professionalism that has given me the privilege to create long and lasting relationships with a few of the Medrio team members. They are a wonderful team!

Pros
Medrio is a software system that is easy to understand, allows for fast setups of studies, provides the tools for simple builds and minimizes design complexity as well as providing full customer support.

Cons
Medrio does have some limitations in functionality. However, the Medrio Community feature can be of great assistance and the team at Medrio allow their customers to submit feature requests to enhance the Medrio products. Medrio is a team that is continuously at work to improve their products while providing ease of use, speed, efficiency and flexibility for their customer base. It is without doubt that they keep their customers in mind at all times.

sheelagh aird

Intuitive, easy to use software

Reviewed 2019-09-10

Phastar have a close working relationship with Medrio and our feedback on issues is already documented

Pros
Ease of use for database builders and site users. It is intuitive software, well presented which facilitates training and familiarisation for users. The Medrio team are on hand to answer questions and provide support.

Cons
Interrogating data and preparation of bespoke reports. The BYO report facility has improved the situation, but it doesn't run on live data.

Alex Urgelles

Great Product

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Overall our team enjoys the creation of our different databases and eCRFs with Medrio. The ease of use and the appealing concept of the system makes it worth selecting it above its competitors.

Pros
The ease of work. Almost anything you think of its doable within Medrio.

Cons
Sometimes you just need a tip, an advise on how to do or implement a small change and you're required to purchase a whole training session. It would be great if at least basic, guided information would be available through support.

Rod McGlashing

Medrio Review

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Medrio has been a fantastic tool for us. The ease of use has allowed us to get clinical studies up and running in significantly less time than it would take with its competitors. I can't use it for every study, but I'm glad I can use it for most. Would recommend considering.

Pros
Medrio is an intuitive easy to learn and use EDC system right out of the box. Very customizable to meet most sponsors' needs. The simplicity of the system allows for lower training costs and faster build times. Great EDC choice in most situations.

Cons
Like most EDC solutions, Medrio cannot be all things to all people. Medrio does lack a number of key 'modules' and some of the modules it does have cannot handle more complex studies. What Medrio does, it does well, but as it continues to grow, it needs to continue to add to its package and keep the product at high levels.

Courtnay Buonomo

Medrio is a great product!

Reviewed 2019-09-17

Overall Medrio is a great product and I enjoy using it.

Pros
Medrio is so easy to use. It allows someone without a programming background to build databases quickly and efficiently. The ability to use forms across studies without having to set up a formal library makes thing easy. I love that this software makes building a study with a very short timeline very doable. Medrio Support is TOP NOTCH! The support staff are knowledgeable and respond quickly and genuinely want to assist. I also appreciate the company's stance on taking customer feedback and requests and actively incorporating them into the product on a regular basis.

Cons
There are some bugs with Medrio but nothing that is insurmountable. The things I would have previously listed as cons are being added currently like Lab Management and others are improvements are in the works so I have no real complaints.

Temple Herlong

Super Fast Study Builds!

Reviewed 2018-10-12

Using Medrio, we are able to help our clients reach the database go-live milestone quickly, and that equates to significant cost savings for our clients.

Pros
The study configuration tools are very intuitive and well laid out, making the EDC build/validation process super quick and easy. Mid-study changes are also simple and fast to complete.

Cons
We have found that although this software doesn't have as many built in features as others may, the basic tools that are available are flexible enough to allow one to get very creative and build out features that may not be pre-built as they are in other systems. If some of those features were already built in, it would make the builds go even faster and allow for even more checks and balances that can be done within the system.

Minghua Grisell

Easy to set up and end users friendly

Reviewed 2019-09-09

For a simple study design, I prefer Medrio over other bigger systems that has a lot of bells and whistles I don't need. And Medrio is very end user friendly. In the past 3 years of managing the Medrio EDC database, I haven't heard any complaints from any site users that they have difficulty of using Medrio EDC.

Pros
Easy to navigate and is very user friendly. I especially love the skip logic, it saves a lot of time to create edit checks.

Cons
At the Tabular view, I have to go to either 'Home' or 'Enter Data' tab to choose a different subject within the same site. The other one is the tutorial was removed from HELP. Those tutorials are a very good for site users to refresh their memory for using Medrio.

Sandrien Louwaars

Long-term user

Reviewed 2019-09-10

We have been using Medrio as our EDC platform since 2011 and have locked > 100 studies. We have seen some great improvements over the years as the industry changes and we are keen to see what the future holds. It really feels like we are part of their team, they listen to our feedback and we learn a lot from them.

Pros
Very flexible, user-friendly and easy to set up. Great system for our early phase studies which can be up and running in 3 weeks, including edit checks programmed in and validated.

Cons
Anything that we have any issues with gets flagged and discussed, with any possible improvements being part of their feature roadmap.

Kendall Pettaway

Great for basic research needs!

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Overall, my experience has been favorable compared to other systems. There's room for improvement, but that's not to say that Medrio isn't a great product.

Pros
I most appreciate the simplicity of Medrio and the fact that this translates across any project within Medrio. One you learn the ins and outs of one project, you can step in at any point of another and know exactly where to find what you need.

Cons
I least like the reporting mechanisms and the dashboard. For my role as a data manager, I've noticed that some of the reporting tools either function incorrectly or don't exactly give me what I am looking for. I also would love if the querying function could be changed to allow the user to change the "reason for closing". All other things about the query can be changed by someone with access to initiate and close queries, except this function-- which is a performance metric for my department. Being able to make that change would be beneficial.

Sally Meara

Medrio Review - Great product

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Medrio is very easy to work with in terms of building clinical trial databases from beginning to end. I've also heard that the end users are happy to use this product. The customer service is amazing!

Pros
My favorite feature in Medrio is the skip logic (field dynamics). This feature eliminates writing a large number of edit checks and aids the end user in data entry, as the fields they do not need to enter are hidden.

Cons
I would like if some of the design portions could be done in bulk, for instance copying forms and editing variables. The current release allows one variable to be edited at a time and can copy one form at a time.

Michele Harden

Fast & Easy to Use

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Medrio continues to be a very responsive company. Customer service is great, and the user meetings are very valuable, both for learning about the current product and for understanding goals for future releases.

Pros
I can configure and deploy a study quickly. It is easy to teach my sites how to use the system. Medrio stores study results indefinitely after archival Always evolving and improving functionality

Cons
It frequently could use a bit more testing before a major release.

Susan Mack

First In House EDC

Reviewed 2019-09-09

To date, we have had nothing but positive experiences with Medrio. That does not mean there have not been challenges and time crunches! We had oncology specific system requests that we needed addressed by Medrio. Our needs were heard and Medrio delivered with an updated release. Separately, when problems arose post updated release, and threatened to push back our first patient in timeline, Medrio again responded with tremendous effort to investigate a deployment issue. As a result, we were able to deploy to LIVE and subjects were able to enroll in our study to receive the treatment for which they were desperately waiting!

Pros
Ease and ability to configure database in a short amount of time.

Cons
System was initially lacking some key features we find common to oncology trials. System slowness at times.

Kate Valentine

A flexible, simple, easy to implement EDC software

Reviewed 2019-09-12

Pros
Once your first study is built, it is very easy to copy and paste all your set functionality for your next study. Their support team is also top notch. Really, really helpful all the time.

Cons
Some features are a bit limited but they are continuously working on upgrades and highly value customer input.

Anonymous

Loaded with "current" features

Reviewed 2018-09-25

We have a great working relationship with Medrio and they are very accommodating with special requests

Pros
Medrio is perfect for animal research studies and they provide fantastic customer support. Latest features added is Building your own report that makes viewing data in a summary like way very easy (without any external data manipulation needed).

Cons
The software is great and loaded with current requirements, but with that comes regular releases/patches that needs to be reviewed by means of migration or CSV validation

kathy arthur

Reviewed 2019-09-09

I love the ease of asking questions and the support folks. They really do a great job of getting back to me and helping me with my issues.

Pros
Easy to navigate, visually pleasing, programming language and functionality is easy to learn

Cons
I'd like to see more restrictions on roles for queries, I'd like to see the Codes on the coded variables show up in the edc on the form, the I'd love to see the Header Label change for the Monitor Log Report

Susan Hale

Great little system!

Reviewed 2017-02-10

I used Medrio for over 4 years with great success. It is easy to program, easy to use for sites and monitors. Has a great reporting tool and offers flexibility on pricing.

Pros
ease of use, cost structure, reporting tools, lots of functionality built in with no hidden costs

Cons
not as much flexibility and added functionality as some of the bigger EDC systems.

Jennifer Tucker

Great EDC system

Reviewed 2018-12-26

Medrio is a great EDC system to use for all types of studies from pre-clinical to post-marketing. Study Admins have the ability to design a study with complete flexibility and changes are deployed without causing downtime to the EDC system.

Pros
Easy to build and use but sites, sponsors and clinical teams. Very responsive Customer support.

Cons
Lack of EDC capabilities that other EDC systems already include (Local Lab tool, true diary collection)

Brian Horger

Medrio is a Flexible, Versatile and Reliable EDC Partner

Reviewed 2019-09-13

Pros
Building in Medrio is intuitive and quick, while still providing a powerful and flexible platform. Their customer service is the best in the industry with rapid replies to all our needs. My team can always count on Medrio as a reliable and versatile solution.

Cons
We look forward to new features like local lab and integrated IRT modules

Amanda Bise

Medrio for Small CROs

Reviewed 2019-04-12

Working with Medrio has been a wonderful experience. The ability to build a database in shorter timelines and not needing to be a programmer to build. Also, from a Data Management perspective, handling queries and data review are seamless.

Pros
Medrio is extremely user friendly and makes database building a snap.

Cons
There are still some system limitations, such as no lab norm module.

Jaco Kasselman

Simplified Data Management

Reviewed 2016-10-26

I have been using Medrio's software for the last 2 years. They have a great team to provide support and have incorporated most of our proposed requests in subsequent releases. Easy to setup a study and to train entry users. Very happy with the software.

Pros
Easy to setup.

Cons
That support is only available on US westcoast time

karon henry

KNH CDM

none

Pros
In the beginning it was a small team and they were very customer oriented, and just all around helpful with start up

Cons
Not enough reporting features or management of sites/monitors features

Likelihood to recommend: 6/10

Marilee Newman

Medrio Clinical Research Software

Reviewed 2019-09-09

Medrio is a responsive company that takes customer service seriously.

Pros
Medrio is drag and drop programming so very easy to use. Their customer support is excellent.

Cons
Medrio would benefit from faster new releases.