RLDatix

Policy and workflow management for healthcare organizations

RLDatix Reviews

Pros

I love the ability to organize our policies and link meta data in the background. It helps with the ability to create projects and formal review for policies.

The search feature is robust and such a time saver. The ability to personalize accessibility to each individual is great.

Elaine L.

You have an excellent employee who has helped with everything and even answered my questions when I emailed him a million times and late at night. He has been huge help and a fantastic person.

Alexa C.

Cons

Sometimes confusing as to where to put information.

Anne S.

My personal experience has been "hit and miss" with trying to complete tasks assigned to me.

Lisa V.

Creating projects and assigning people is very tedious, time - consuming and frustrating.

Ashnia T.

4.5

Great Program

Before this program our policy tracking and updating was a nightmare. With this program we now can keep better track of policies needing review and holding people more accountable. The report's are great and very helpful. There is so much more to this program that we have not even touched on as of yet, we are working toward linkage of forms and websites like Elsevier. They are always adding great new features, I have been very pleased with this program and would highly recommend it.

Pros

I really like the fact that we don't have to sign in to see the policies. There are so many passwords to keep track of, this makes it so much easier for staff to find a policy quickly. I also like the fact that we can circulate a policy to be in other folders and when its updated it auto updates in the folders as well.

Cons

Sometimes when I'm updating several policies the program will stall out on me. Other than that at the moment I can't think of any cons. Anytime I come up with an idea or suggestion for improvements I share with them. There have been some things implemented, so they are great at receiving feedback.

Michelle, thank for writing a review on PolicyManager. Glad to hear that you enjoy using PolicyManager and that the platform is providing Black River Memorial Hospital value.

Policy Stat saved us from Policy Doom!

All of our leaders and super users are using Policy Stat with only 30 minutes of orientation to the product. This software is easy to use, and our policy compliance has skyrocketed since we've implemented Policy Stat!

Pros

We implemented Policy Stat within 6 weeks. The software is easy to use and our staff loves it! We originally had ConvergePoint and Policy Stat is by far superior to any other policy software we have reviewed or used here at York Hospital.

Cons

I haven't come across anything that I don't like at this point. We had a few issues, but support got back to us within an hour and assisted us in finding the answer (which was right on their support site!).

Pros & Cons

Pros

The customer service and response time I have received has been wonderful!

Cons

There is not enough functionality with this software - such as: - CSV download report for the history of every policy including: - past policies uploaded to the system- with an attached file showing that policy) - comment/change history - ownership history - CSV data import - in order to replace past users or move current users to different roles etc. instead of having to use the find &...

Product is easy to use and as an administrator I can help users with their projects even by phone.

It was easy to use to complete a recommendation for a product used at our hospital.

Pros

Our general users are able to search for a policy and find it easily. I can train users in less than a half an hour how to create a project and see it through the approval process; they are surprised that it is so easy to use. Our laboratory uses the digital signature and attestation features to comply with CAP requirements. And the customer service is great, they get back to me right away.

Cons

I wish I could copy a workflow when creating a new one instead of creating a new workflow from scratch. Our committees are really how a policy goes through the approval process so workflows are created for each committee and sometimes a committee needs more than one option for a workflow. But with all the upgrades that PolicyMedical makes for its customers I am sure that it will happen sometime soon.

Latina, thanks for the feedback. Definitely! Your voice counts. We hear you on the workflow issue and know how burdensome workflows can be. We have opened up a ticket to see how best to address this enhancement request. Our Customer Support team will get in touch with you as to the status of the enhancement request.

Easy to use! Great way to house all of our policies & have them all easily accessible to our staff.

Pros

I can control who edits, who publishes and which version is posted. Implementation was easy and we were well supported by the team at Policy Manager.

Cons

Need to find a way to easily print an entire manual. Currently we have to print policy by policy in the manual.

Linda, thanks for your feedback. We understand the inability to print an entire manual is an issue. This has been an item that has been brought up a number of times by our user community. We have done extensive research on the topic and the limitation is the Windows OS functionality evoked when calling the print function from the browser. Our development team, as part of our product roadmap, is looking into how best to address the issue by developing a separate module to allow printing of a ¿P & P Manual.¿ As soon as this functionality is available, we will be sure to let you know.

PolicyStat Review

My overall experience has been for the most part positive. I did not feel that the training provided to our editors by PolicyStat was effective. It was hard to hear the team member who was training us, and he went fast. I have also had a few issues with getting responses when reaching out for support via e-mail to the support team. The responses I did receive were highly professional.

Pros

Electronic tracking Editing similar to Microsoft Word products Commenting functionality Search functionality for the end user Hyperlinks in policies Attachment functionality

Cons

Notifications - request for administrator (myself) to revise for users, and I am not able to. No app - if there were an app for PolicyStat I am confident I would get less pushback about using it. There are more than one owner on many of our policies and we can only assign one owner to a policy.

It is Great!!!

It is wonderful.

Pros

All my policies are managed in one place. It tells me when things are changed and when they are due to be changed. We use it for everything: licenses, policies, contracts etc.

Cons

I don't have any problems with this program at all.

Dear Customer, thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are glad to hear the platform is automating workflows and providing you with business value.

Love the program!

Love how accessible documents are. The search feature is the best!

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive it is to use the software. Buttons are everywhere they need to be!

Cons

I would like to have more download features and interchangeable options. Would be nice if there were a collaborator feature that was a part of the approval workflow that stay consistent each year so that you didn't have to remember what staff you asked for feedback the year before. The comments section is nice but, doesn't have as much ability as it could.

so easy to use

Pros

The software support is great. Since they are a small company they have been very responsive to our needs, working closely with us to update the program to meet the needs of our organization.

Cons

There are several pieces of the application that are clunky, but they continue to improve the processes.

Accounts Tech

Pros

Ease of use: it is easy to use and very effective for adding new accounts and provisioning

Cons

would like more functions for auditing (IE: last login date, location)

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about PolicyManager. Your feedback is appreciated.

STPH Quality and Accreditation dept. review

Very happy except the items described below. For group sign off situations such as our Shared Governance process where there are a group of leaders who complete a sign process after concensus, is there an easier way to have numerous signatures at one time.

Pros

For staff to find a policy is easy with key word search or by folder.

Cons

I would like to be able to add other category sections without more purchased services. (such as other items for staff to have full access to and be able to search. The main Cons we have 1)setting up projects each time is extremely time consuming. All of the previous items, titles, names should come back prefilled and simply make a date change. 2) When staff go to complete their task, it is frequently just "updated" and we have to call and walk through it each time; when you click on "My projects", the screen should either be blank when you access it or not have to click on author/approver under my tasks first. The two step process is confusing when they already see their policy on the right side of the screen and try to work on it from there.

Hi Laura, thank you for taking the time for writing a review. Your feedback is very important to us. We are happy to let you know that Digital Signatures, along with the Project feature is pending an overhaul in the upcoming revamp of our PolicyManager user interface. The reason we have My Project and My Task separated is that sometimes, the creators are also task owners, which means they need separated views to ensure that on one side they are making edits to the Project information while the other view is directed at the actual tasks within the Projects. If you have any further feedback for us or need any assistance, please drop us an email at support@policymedical.com.

Like a swiss army knife

Great program, but switching an entire organization to a new document management system is incredibly complex and difficult. I wish I could say the transition has been cleaner, but I don't think it has anything to do with the PolicyManager system.

Pros

Lots of functionality and great tutorials. If you are willing to spend a few minutes to get to know it, the system is very intuitive.

Cons

Not being able to lock down specific documents to specific people. For example, if I grant a user privileges to edit a document, they have the ability to edit any document without the document owner's approval. Would be better if edits to existing documents could only be initiated by the document owner.

Hi Jake, thanks for taking the time to write this review. Per your comment about locking down the document, you can place users within their respective departments and you can restrict a document so that only a specific set of departments can view and edit the documents. If you would like more details on this functionality, please reach out to us at support@policymedical.com.

Best thing since sliced bread!

The addition of this product into our list of available solutions within our pharmacy department was a saviour as we were undergoing an accreditation with a new governing body that we had not dealt with previously. The search option was extremely helpful to find already existing policies that were related to our new needs. As we go forward the ability to follow crosswalks should be seamless as we...

Pros

The ease to create, maintain, and update documents that contain all of the elements needed for accrediting bodies is phenomenal.

Cons

I can't think of any negatives at this time.

Hi Kathryn, thank you for taking the time to write a review. Your feedback is very important to us. Love the "best thing since sliced bread" and very glad to hear that the addition of Policy Stat has added value to your policy management and accreditation processes.

Complete Document Control

There is less need for paper copies of active documents nor paper files to maintain for retired documents. The software allows access to review history and comments can be added during reviews. It is easy to see all changes when a document is revised instead of reading word for word to find any changes.

Pros

Templates can be set up for your various documents: policies, procedures, forms, etc. Documents can be set for various review periods by number of days, e.g. annually, biennially, quarterly, etc. The software can track staff acknowledgments of their reading of documents. Workgroups can be defined for ease in assigning acknowledgments.

Cons

A minor suggestion would be to make searching for acknowledgements a little easier (less keystrokes).

Robert, thank you for taking the time to provide us with feedback. We love hearing from our customers. We will make our engineering team aware of your suggestion about less keystrokes when searching for acknowledgments.

Policy Manager is Great!

PolicyManager's support is great! They are very responsive to any requests I have made, and I feel I can easy call them and receive in-person help. I feel they are willing to go above and beyond to have happy clients.

Pros

This software has enabled us to move from a paper system to an almost paperless system. It is a great way to manage policies and keep on top of expiring policies.

Cons

I don't know that I can really say anything bad about the software. We have had a few little bumps, but have always been able to easily work through them.

Cindy, thank you for your feedback. You're right happy customers are definitely our number one priority. If you're not happy, we're not happy. Our customer support and client success teams pride themselves on being responsive to our customers' needs. Great to hear that PolicyManager is helping you make the transition from paper-based policies to an online repository that you staff can access from anywhere.

This is a great tool used for big or small organizations.

Pros

What I like most about the product is that its user friendly, has videos to assist and demonstrate certain features. I do like the Projects peace to help track any changes to a policy and create new policy. It sits in one system where you don't have to go digging for it in another area.

Cons

Being in a big organization, the downfall is carrying a department specific policies and sometimes catering to each department need can complicated. I think the con here is the option to revert back to something when it was done on mistake for System Admins but I can also see why that option is not available.

Ajeshni, thanks for your feedback. Glad to hear that PolicyManager is user friendly and that your team is realizing the benefit of using an enterprise policy lifecycle management solution. We enjoy collaborating with you and your team.

Policy manager

very happy with programs, just needs a few small tweaks.

Pros

Ease of use for staff by key word search or by file folder for each department. Ease of printing.

Cons

We do not want a link in the email notification; it does not work correctly and we spend too much time walking people back into the program with logging in. Also, when starting a project, you must enter all the title and notes information again, but would prefer it prefill from previous time and can alter if needed. The third request is the duplication of having to open the project tab, click on which role you need and then to click on the right hand side; if you do not click the role first, but click on the right hand side, we get tons of emails of people "updating" and they are frustrated thinking they had completed it instead.

I love PolicyStat

Highly recommend. Prior to electronic policy, paper copies were continually getting "lost" on route through signatures, PolicyStat has eliminated this completely.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to teach, absolutely the most user friendly system at work. Love it. I can tell where everything is, who touched it and when.

Cons

I do not have a single bad thing to say about this system, and if I did have any issue PolicyStat would have it promptly taken care of - every interaction I've had with their customer support was excellent and the initial load was really smooth and painless.

Danica, so glad to hear that you LOVE PolicyStat. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with this feedback and to write a review. We are so happy to hear that the system is providing you with so much value and visibility across your policies.

Policy Manager review

We are complaint for policies according to our accreditation agency. This system worked for us to solve the issues we had with policies. The end user has found it easy to navigate. Customer support is very good. We receive timely updates to the software.

Pros

We like the capability to generate reports for progression of policy development, due dates for review, policies past due, etc We love the stop light colors for policy due dates.

Cons

The process for involving others in the policy development. We found it to be a bit clunky for us.

Cheryl, thank you for taking the time to write this review - we appreciate your feedback. Sorry to hear that you find the policy development process a bit clunky. Our team will reach out to share some tips on how to streamline this better moving forward.

Policy Manger is easy to use and customer service is top notch

Pros

The ability to hold staff accountable for policy review through attestations. Customer service response is quick. Ability to track progress on projects is helpful.

Cons

The editing feature within projects is a bit clunky. Would like to see an option for header feeders and the ability to free text dates rather than selecting from a calendar.

Tara, thanks for the feedback. There is good news on the horizon with regards to the editing feature issues mentioned. We recently completed migration from eDrawSoft to Office Online for online document creation and editing. This gives us access to other feature sets thru Office Online for inserting certain meta data fields into headers and footers of documents as opposed to how we currently do this. We will be looking into these capabilities further in 2018 and will keep you posted on enhancements. Also, as part of the new user interface revamp which is underway, the ability to free text in calendar fields is included.

Pros

- Ease of upload - Running Reports fairly easy - User Friendly

Cons

- Creating projects and assigning people is very tedious, time - consuming and frustrating

Hi Ashnia, thank you for taking the time to write a review for PolicyManager. Sorry to hear that you find creating projects and assigning people is tedious and time consuming. Potentially creating Project Workflow templates could help increase productivity and save some time. Here is the link to our step by step guide https://policymedical.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/1000108689-workflow-templates. The guide can be found on our support portal. If you would like to speak to our support team to get an in-depth overview of the workflow templates, please contact them at support@policymedical.com. They are happy to help.

Policy Manager

I have had great success with policy manager. As a person who updates policies and creates new policies as well as accessing them daily, I would highly recommend policy manager. The software is user friendly and easy to teach to new users.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to teach to new employees. Every time I have had an issue, the support has been quick and efficient and all issues resolved well. The support staff at Policy manager are very efficient and kind in their interactions.

Cons

I really have no issues with this software. I would highly recommend policy manager.

Krisa - thank you for taking the time to write this review and provide us with your feedback. Have a great day!

The search feature is great. It makes it easy for any employee to find the policy they need!

Organization with our policies and procedures; consistency within the facility.

Pros

The quick edit feature is wonderful. Very quick and easy to edit and update your policies. Very short learning curve for any registered user. I have really enjoyed that each department can now have access to keeping their policies up-to-date; reminders are automatically sent to them when the document needs to be reviewed; uploading new documents is a breeze; digital signature is a nice feature.

Cons

Project mode is a little intimidating. Wish there were less steps involved in setting up and using this feature.

Jana, thank you for your feedback. We will be in touch to discuss your issues and needs with the Projects feature. We can assist by providing some additional educational resources and best-practice approaches. The Projects feature is currently on our Product Roadmap for redesign. It would great to review the proposed changes with you to see if they will successfully address your needs and include your feedback in our design input. Our team looks forward to collaborating with you.

Policy Manager staff are most helpful when issues arise. The Software is simple to use.

Easy to use. Aids in maintaining document control of Policies.

Pros

It helps us attain our goal of document control, which is an ISO 9001 requirement. Policies are reviewed and updated in a timely manner due to email reminders.

Cons

Would like for the reminder emails to show the entity that the user uses, instead of the first entity listed in alphabetical order - this is confusing to some people. We have 12 entities at our health system.

Linda, thanks for your feedback. We have opened up a ticket regarding the reminder emails to look into this issue and our Customer Support team will get in touch with you as to the status of the enhancement request.

Excellent Resourse for Clinical Lab Policy/Procedure Document Control

Very positive. Their team is very responsive and helpful, and the software offers an enormous gain for clinical laboratories.

Pros

The ability to keep all your policies up to date with reviews, and to search quickly and easily for your needed policy.

Cons

The formatting in the editing mode is not very flexible or user friendly.

Hi Glenn, thank you for your feedback. It means a lot to us. Customer insights help us further enhance the product and our services to ensure they are meeting our customers' expectations. Sorry to hear that you are experiencing some issues with the formatting in the editing mode. We have provided this input to our engineering team.