Branch Logo

Branch enables accelerated payments to workers.

Branch Reviews

Suggested alternatives

rippling
captivateiq
talentcomp

This software is a lifesaver and it helps you stay on track with your finances. It also helps for the times in between with needing extra funds.
I like the overall idea of the software and it helps connect employees together for scheduling issues and to communicate. It’s also good to keep up with my schedule and finances all in the same place.
I like how easy and fast it is to set up and has good tracking of all the money transfers.
There’s not anything that I particularly disliked. Maybe having to use my FaceID anytime I exited the app or when there was an interruption.
It reads the schedule wrong sometimes because it reads the picture posted wrong depends on how fuzzy the picture is taken.
Not the worst feature but having to remember to log out every time I use it so no one else can just open it up is a little bit of a hassle. All my other financial apps automatically log me out.

Gabriela R.

Pharmaceuticals,

its been really great i had an issue once and i emailed customer service and they helped promptly

Pros

i love the reminders for when to work, always keeps me on time. I also like how you can change viewing to only your shifts.

Cons

nothing comes to mind its really great! As i mentioned before I had a problem with the software not recognizing my name and thinking I was two separate people but customer service fixed it super quick!

Events Services, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 2+ years

Branch is a simple solution in the eBanking domain

All in all, in this new age of a million app-based banks - Branch is a strong, reliable entry and definitely worth considering if you get direct deposit paychecks and want to set aside money, or just for an easy way to keep track of your funds. If you prefer the simple over the complex when it comes to banking, Branch is a solid option.

Pros

Branch is easy to use, allows you to get your check 2 days early with eligible direct deposit. As compared to some of the other apps like Venmo and CashApp, this app feels more like an official banking app, you can even set savings goals in the app to start saving funds without opening an actual Savings account (done within the app). You can request a debit card sent to you for your account in the...

Cons

I feel if it added a feature to easily transfer money to others like Venmo & CashApp, to be honest I wouldn't need either of those apps, but alas - there is no easy way to transfer funds to others in the app. Hard to contact live Customer Support. If you have any issues with your direct deposit, it can take a while for your '2 days in advance' paycheck to be restored so be sure to keep your deposit regular.

AP

Amy P.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Overall I really like this app

I like the scheduler and the ability to share these things with staff easily. I love the shift swap so that i don't always need to be the one looking to replace someone's shift

Pros

I love the scheduler and the ability for employees to shift swap. It saves time and energy for me that could be used else where

Cons

I have trouble with the transition from the main page to the shift or shift swap page. It sometimes will not change or takes forever

Willo D.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Branch

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. The convenience is put of this world.

Cons

It's hard to get used to. You have to figure out the layout of the app.

os

omar s.

Restaurants,

this is the best app ever , very easy to use.

Pros

I love this app so much is really easy to use and it benefits a lot of workers , I love how you can switch shifts with your coworkers and the fact that you able to see your schedule is awesome! I love this app! I also love the fact that it sends you a reminder before your shift is going to start , this is the best app ever!!! I also love the fact that it can tell you how much your next check is supposed to be ! Another thing that i like is that it allows you to look at your coworkers schedule and your allowed to easily message them.

Cons

One of the cons of this app is that sometimes the schedule gets deleted but other than that i love this app!

RW

Renea W.

Consumer Services, 201-500 employees

Excellent way to unite my staff

Pros

Easy to post schedules and shift changes. Gives an alert to upcoming shifts on your phone. Can give important shop info to all employees at one time.

Cons

Sometimes can take awhile for schedule to post. Employees have to make sure their app is updated to be able to view things properly.

Dr Abe K.

Good software to track employee performance

It allows us to track employee's schedules per project they are working on and thus we can make changes to employee's schedule as needed.

Pros

The software is easy to understand once you learn how to use it. It allows our company to track performance and productivity of each employee, as well as, the time spent on each project.

Cons

The software does not allow us to perform certain functions which are specialized to certain projects we handle. Sometimes we get an error when working with certain functions.

MJ

Marcus J.

Restaurants,

Excellent idea, An Excellent App!

It empowers my employee's to make their OWN shift trades safely without worry.

Pros

The idea behind the app is awesome. Everyone is into social media, and it's like social media for your workplace and neighboring franchise stores! Easy to use,

Cons

Sometime it will say I'm offline and I have to close it out and reopen it. There are time I update my employee's info, hit "Save" and it keeps telling me there was an error until AGAIN, I force close it And try again.

KC

Kim C.

Retail,

So easy to post and view schedules. Swapping shifts is a breeze

Pros

The ability to see all my partners shifts makes it easy to swap or call others for help. Switching from personal schedule to entire store is great.

Cons

The automatic linking to Starbucks partners everywhere. I don't use this as a social media. I have other platforms for that.

CG

Conner G.

Efficient excellent

Community, ease of communication and the ability to share schedules and work out the kinks with he whole team in advanced time frames

Pros

The schedule aspect and the team boards. These help with the brining together of the team and allow easy communication if no other means can be achieved

Cons

Learning how to post schedule changes could be a difficulty there were no labeled options and maybe a tutorial, or helpful hints could help fix this problem

SR

Swati R.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Efficient and free service to stay connected with employees.

My overall experience with Branch has been phenomenal. The UI is simple and easy to use, high adoption rates throughout my team. Branch is better than other HRMS tools because its seamless integration allows even non tech savvy people to easily use the mobile application.

Pros

I found Branch to be very useful while managing field staff. and their requirements. From tracking their working hours, payroll and leaves, Branch's features also let employees ask for advances by linking their bank accounts with the system and choose repayment method too.

Cons

When employees are working in remote areas, and there are network issues then there are glitches in receiving messages as they utilize mobile data and not the network's SMS service.

BC

Bailey C.

I used Branch Messenger to receive updates from work, and stay updated by my managers

Pros

What I liked most was the ability to post schedule changes or swap with another person, request days off, and the ability to contact my co-workers when I don't have their number. Branch was very easy to use also, and easy to navigate. I also enjoyed how there was different settings for viewing the times I worked in a week, and how you could add someone else to the timeline and track their schedule as well.

Cons

What I did not like s much was on the comments some people would leave, you could not view who liked what exactly.

AS

Angela S.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Love using this app, helps keep my team informed and gives a better source of communication open

We have a setup in our system for employees to get schedules but as I've seen not many stores use it because too complicated. This app is so much easier, faster and accurate

Pros

How easy it is to share info with my team. How there are so many ways to communicate with team and they can also keep in touch with other coworkers. Once I post a schedule I like how fast it posts and also sends alerts to others.

Cons

Not all my coworkers can join app. Some phones aren't capable. Also sometimes it's hard for new employee to find store in search

ST

Samuel T.

Pharmaceuticals, 11-50 employees

Perfect for normal use to post weekly schedules for team

Daily alerts, scheduling made easy.

Pros

Ease of use, alerts, filters, engagement areas, and speed. This app clearly does what it promises. Ability to swap shifts and post needed coverage is a plus

Cons

Ability to modify based on the company that uses it lacks. Being able to separate pharmacy schedules and front store schedules would be optimal. Separate profiles for front store and pharmacy so communication is filtered. A to-do section for the teams would help improve store productivity.

DG

Derrick G.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Branch

Great overall experience so far so good

Pros

I love this app..makes managing money very easy an it also has a feature that you can get a pay advance if needed

Cons

Not very many cons to branch but if i had to give one itd be that there is no actually bank location strictly online

AH

Allison H.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

Branch is a great app! It allows me to stay connected to my coworkers even outside of work.

Using Branch allows me to connect with and keep in touch with my team more than I have in the past. We are able to share updates, alerts, and tips through the app. During Hurricane Irma, when we all had to stay home or evacuate, Branch kept me in touch with my whole team and I knew they were safe.

Pros

The thing I like most about Branch is the ability to connect with my coworkers through posts and updates. Communication has greatly increased in my team since we all downloaded Branch.

Cons

My biggest criticism about Branch is that the functionality could be a bit better. The way my team uses it is more like a social networking tool, and sometimes it's difficult to post pictures because they have to be cropped to fit a square. Additionally, I'd like the ability to post links and share GIFs. Also, posting my availability comes with a challenge, because the app does not allow me to post shifts that start with a PM hour and end with an AM hour. I have not been able to post my availability for this reason.

LS

Leticia S.

Retail, 10,001+ employees

Branch is such a life saver on looking up shifts to switching shifts!

looking up shifts are so much easy, especially when your double cheking, communicating to others about shift change or just in general are so much easier. Just love the easy use to this!! especially seeing the schedule and day by day timelines HELP ALOT

Pros

What i love so much about the software is how easy it is to look up shifts, look up people, and even commincate with other about shift openings and other important information.

Cons

Sing up is quite difficult because other companies mix with other companies stores ( ex starbucks, mc donalds). as well sometimes the shifts are not read correctly and are incorrectly written.

CS

Carly S.

Great communication for team

Pros

I like how I can see my hours ahead. I like how I can see my earnings. We have all our schedules posted on this. The app notifies you of your shift starting two outs ahead of time. This can be good or annoying. I like how you can create a profile about yourself.

Cons

I don't like how anyone at work can post anything on the app. Some of the things like details in creating a profile are bit difficult to post. For some reason it doesn't take my information. I don't like how it constantly notifies you. It can be good and bad as I stated before.

Retail, 1-10 employees

Love this APP

Pros

Branch is so convenient for our team. We use it weekly for our schedule, shift trades, and general communication.

Cons

The branch pay option is not bad, but the constant notification to use it as first was annoying.

JL

Jonathan L.

I use branch for my job. It allows easy communication between all my coworkers.

Pros

Branch makes it very easy to switch shifts and still keep track of who is working when. Scheduling is a breeze as we just post a picture on branch and everyone gets it. They send you a notification on when your next shift starts, which has saved me a few times.

Cons

I do not like the color green. It is probably my least favorite color next to yellow(sorry Green Bay).

Simple, sleek, and easy

Pros

It is simple to use. It is a more fun and interactive way to communicate with coworkers. It’s made switching shifts, getting our weekly schedule, asking time off, and getting updates a single simple and easy place to do so. It’s made everything more transparent for us. The messenger makes it easy to access every team member. It doesn’t have many features for the messenger portion as the other tabs due, but it does the job. I love the fact that it tells you how many hours you worked the week and how much you’ll get.i love that we get a notification two hours before our shift starts.

Cons

I don’t like that you can’t see the days you worked once the new week begins. It would be nice to look back on the app of the days you worked previously. It would be nice to also include the estimated total pay amount for the month or two weeks.

AC

Ashley C.

Restaurants, 11-50 employees

I love using branch, it's a great App and easy to use

I haven't really got any benefits from it, I just use it for work and for scheduling, knowing what days and what times I have to be to work have been extremely helpfull

Pros

I love being able to keep up with my work schedule and knowing who I'm going to work with is a great way to start the day

Cons

It's a little slow and freezes from time to time and sometimes the names get mixed up on the scheduling

NF

Nicole F.

easy to use, simple & effective

easy to check when I am working, easy to find coverage

Pros

its very convenient when you need a shift covered or changed, by posting and having management accept its a stress-free solution to a usually uncomfortable situation.

Cons

when shifts are uploaded in pictures, its difficult to see the entire spread of shifts for the entire period laid out.

JH

Jessica H.

Food & Beverages, 11-50 employees

I absolutely love this app. It's easy to use and the features are are great. I use it daily.

The ease of knowing who is scheduled when, with just a click of a button is wonderful.

Pros

The ease of uploading the schedule is wonderful and I love how it populates the shifts into an easy view of your day. It's great for my employees for swapping shifts and for requesting time off.

Cons

The only glitch that I've noticed is sometimes it will populate the shifts incorrectly in the calendar view. I think that may be more on my end though because the quality of the picture of the schedule is not so clear.

ND

Nathan D.

I've had a really good experience with this app.

I am able to check my schedule daily so that I don't miss any changes on it that happened when I wasn't there.

Pros

I really like the fact that the managers can post schedules on the app so that I don't need to take a picture or write it down every time it gets updated. The shift coverage feature is also really nice and very easy to use.

Cons

The only problem I've had so far is the feature where your schedule syncs with the calendar on your phone. It sometimes works, however it isn't very reliable.