EchoSpan Reviews

Pros

Once I reached out to the helpdesk they took care of it quickly. I am happy with the new system and look forward to continuing to learn more.

Maria A.

I liked this software because of how easy it was to add custom competencies. I also liked the reminder system and how it could be customized.

Tara D.

Ability to customize; cost effective; great tool to provide feedback.

Ruth P.

Cons

You have resources if you are having troubles but you really need to figure the system out independently. When you have an issue you need to send an email to the helpdesk.

Maria A.

The limitation on number of raters when it comes to larger projects.

Tom S.

We had a new senior team in place and they all had varying work styles and they tended to disagree a lot. The 360 helped coach focus on the areas they had in common and work backwards from there.

4.9

Excellent service; Quality Product

Pros

The software is fairly easy to use. The service provided is great. They typically respond much sooner than the 24 hours promised. The reports are generated quickly. The ability for development planning (although we haven't used the function yet)

Cons

Overall, it is very intuitive . I wish I could delete my own projects out of archive. I wish I could click a button for all the questions and make changes to them versus individual questions (I.e., quickly convert a group of questions from self only to both raters).

Great product with outstanding customer support

I have been completely satisfied with EchoSpan because (1) the product is great and gets regular updates to make it even better and (2) the level of support is outstanding. I am very much a "figure it out on my own" person, so the online videos, tutorials, and help features were usually all I needed. But any time I had a question or problem I couldn't resolve on my own I got knowledgable, quick support from the EchoSpan team. These two factors make it really easy to refer others to this product.

Pros

As an independent contractor, I need a flexible, customizable 360-degree feedback platform that allows me to run multiple projects for multiple clients. EchoSpan provides that plus a host of other features that allow me to respond to almost any client need. I found a number of features helpful, including (1) the editable competency library, (2) automation features that help with the logistics of a project, and (3) the regular updates that add functionality to the application. Overall, the biggest advantage of this product for me is the ability to develop, administer, and report multi-rater projects that vary in scope from the simplest survey to the most complex design.

Cons

As with any product, there is a bit of a learning curve. With that said, if you've got some experience with administering these types of projects, you will likely feel "at home" pretty quickly. There are a number of helpful tools in the application to guide you through projects, so straightforward projects are pretty simple to run. As the complexity of the project increases, you will need to dig deeper to get the results you're looking for -- which I don't think is unusual for any system.

Overall, a good experience!

I have just recently started using the system and overall, I like it! It has many more features then the old system I used to use. I like that you can upload Targets and Raters into the system without manually entering them (old system I had to!). You should be well versed with some type of 360 Survey administration background to get around and through the system. You have resources if you are having...

Cons

Maria, we sincerely appreciate your feedback. It is important to us that our clients are completely satisfied with their experience with EchoSpan. We do understand that, due to the complexity and timing of some of our client¿s reviews, they require a more dedicated support approach. We have an Enterprise support program that can be opted into that provides clients with onboarding assistance, phone and email support from a dedicated senior client manager, and a 2 hour support request response time. In addition, we conduct a weekly training webinar on Mondays and a weekly Q&A webinar on Wednesdays for our clients so they have direct access to our Support team.

A go-to tool

Customized 360s to match/support clients' existing competency models.

Pros

We return to the tool again and again to take advantage of the customization enabled by EchoSpan's platform. In addition to tailoring content, we can also customize features of the report to ensure the end result is exactly what the user needs. All this and the tool is easy to use. What's more, any time we have a question we receive a very timely response from EchoSpan's friendly customer service experts. EchoSpan is a pleasure to work with and their product is outstanding.

Cons

I look forward to seeing the next "look" of EchoSpan's report. It is fine as is, but I am guessing there will be a new look to the reports at some point.

Elegant simplicity

I am a fan! EchoSpan has proven to be an ideal partner for our engagement surveys. The staff are highly responsive and the communication on projects is unsurpassed. These characteristics are not easy to find in many bigger technology companies. Bigger is not always better. EchoSpan is the smart choice for solid software functionality and 5 star customer service!

Pros

Many software packages are "over built" for the functionality businesses actually need. EchoSpan is one of the few companies who designs software that walks that line perfectly. The basics are covered with an easy step-by-step process that is both intuitive and elegant. There are also advanced features like sentiment analysis to keep pace with market competitors. They've delivered the perfect balance...

Cons

Honestly, I can't think of anything. The reports are straightforward and easy to understand. Some of the competitors have elegant data visualization dashboards but charge 2x the money for it.

The Echospan survey in a team effectiveness application.

I am a confirmed fan. I searched for months for a 360 survey solution that was capable, flexible, and affordable. I found a lot of capability and flexibility out there. Affordability was another matter. Just to get started, I was being told by most vendors, would require $60,000 to $80,000 dollars. After that there's be an additional $60,000 in annual licensing fees. For a survey that would be used regularly but on a limited basis this made no financial sense whatever. Then I came across Echospan. They saved my project.

Pros

Ours is a special application of the usual 360 degree tool. We aren't using it as a competency survey for individuals. Instead, we have developed a team effectiveness assessment that runs on a 360 platform. Echospan works perfectly for our needs. It's simple, easy to set up and administer and cost effective.

Cons

There are a few limitations especially in formatting of final reports. But, for the flexibility and at the cost I can't complain.

Why EchoSpan is our go-to provider for 360 assessments

I have worked with EchoSpan for over 10 years and highly recommend their product. I first worked with them as an in-house talent assessment lead for a Fortune 100 company where EchoSpan was our 360 provider for our global 360 assessments. Their customer service and product were both incredible - and we were a demanding client. I have been an independent consultant for close to 10 years now, and my business partner and I both rely on EchoSpan to support our client needs across a range of industries and companies of all sizes. Our clients are also thrilled with EchoSpan's products and services.

Pros

The best feature about EchoSpan's software is its flexibility. So many 360 packages don't allow customization options (or options are limited), but it is what our clients want and need so EchoSpan is our go-to provider. In addition, if the software doesn't support our customization needs, the EchoSpan design team is always willing to work with us.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind.

A great product backed by a solid team

I can't say enough good things about the Echospan 360-degree feedback tool! The platform is flexible, intuitive, and easy-to-use. We have been able to configure a variety of custom assessments aligned to our organization's leadership competency model while leveraging the robust content provided by Echospan. The user interface is simple and attractive, and the feedback from our users (primarily senior-level...

Cons

The tool was very easy to use and utilizes great reports for displaying results.

Very targeted results helped to identify which competencies were in need of improvement as well as what areas the employee has excelled at.

Pros

The ease of use. I have had very few questions on how to login and use the software from raters. I like the competency library and the reading suggestions.

Cons

The limitation on number of raters when it comes to larger projects. It would be helpful to allow for more than 100 raters without costing per rater and having to add raters through contacting support.

Tom, We appreciate your feedback. Each Target, person being reviewed, in a 360 Project is limited to 100 Raters due to the increased demand on the reporting engine when a higher quantity of Raters are present. While we can easily accommodate over 100 Raters per Target, it does require project management time for our team to load the additional Raters from the back-end of the tool, so there is a small fee involved. Thank you again for your time and review of EchoSpan's 360 tool.

Experience Deploying a 360 Review to My Staff Team

I sought out this tool as a component of my professional development plan, in my executive leadership role. While some of my direct reports opted not to participate, which posed a challenge to my getting a really robust 360 perspective, my interactions with the EchoSpan team and software were top notch.

Pros

The software was easy to customize, to get at what I sought to learn from both my peers and my direct reports. The business development person from EchoSpan who I worked with was extremely helpful, responsive and knowledgeable - She made the whole process simple and enjoyable. Her name is [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. She is an exceptional representative for your company.

Cons

I honestly had no cons. It was an extremely positive experience - primarily due to my engagement with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN].

Obama Foundation Fellowship Program

Overall, our coaches thought the format of the assessment and data collection was beneficial information. The customer service team was attentive and a delight to work with.

Pros

The report was easy to read and debrief. It was also simple to upload rater information and launch the assessment. The ability to complete the assessment and read comments in languages other than was vital to the engagement of our global participants.

Cons

The comments section wasn't as robust as we needed to collect qualitative information. A significant level of customization that includes specific questions that correspond to each competency area would be necessary to provide context to the quantitative data that was collected.

Hi Britney, Thanks for your feedback. We're happy to hear that our multi-language features and support were helpful with your recent project. We can assist with suggestions on how to enhance your survey questions for future projects to include comment questions in each competency instead of limiting that question type to the end of the survey. The text in these comment-type questions is also...

EchoSpan Review

EchoSpan has been a great partner as I've built out my company's 360 feedback program over the past few years. Their customer service is exceptional and they are great about listening to customers' ideas for enhancements to the product.

Pros

The EchoSpan platform is extremely easy to use. I've used other 360 feedback platforms in the past, but EchoSpan's is by far the most flexible and intuitive. EchoSpan has been able to meet my unique needs in 360 setup and administration and they are always adding new features.

Cons

The training manuals and videos are at times too high level to answer my specific questions. However, my contacts at EchoSpan are always very responsive to quickly address my questions.

The EchoSpan 360-degree feedback tool has helped us add a new product to sell.

We are using it daily with our clients. We are a culture consultancy, but now we have been running 360 assessments as well. Echospan has made it quite easy.

Pros

The support team and the features. There is a lot of online material that guides you through the set up process, but the support team is also always there to help.

Cons

It is not as intuitive as it looks at a first glance. You need to pay careful attention at the rules, and the features, even though they are many and provide great help, as sometimes hard to remember and easy to be missed. You can definitely learn how to use it proficiently, however, there are certain features that may be a little bit confusing (e.g., rules about sending reminders, and some project settings can be missed).

Awesome right from the start!!!

We trialed the Echospan software in February 2016 to get a feel for the process and reporting before deciding if we wanted to use it for twenty 360s in March/April. We were quickly elated with the tool as compared to what we were using previously and have also compared it to another tool that one of our clients uses. In fact, even before trialing the software, the demo video, training videos, and...

Cons

Easy to use and great customer service + customization

EchoSpan has been super helpful and friendly from the beginning when we start shopping around for 360 tools. Their tools are easy to use and manage + they include the features we needed (we can customize questions, reports, emails, etc). And the team is quick to get feedback on any questions or issues.

Pros

First and foremost, the EchoSpan customer service has been amazing. I never wait more than 2 hours for a response on any questions and they have helped me update, customize, and create multiple different reports for our program. The software is easy to use and navigate. And the reports come out great + they are easy to customize to get what we need.

Cons

I wish it was easier to customize without getting help (but then again, it's nice to pass along a request and have it done for us).

Lindsey, Thanks so much for your feedback about your experience with the tool and our support team members! We are so happy to hear that things are gong well with your program and that you're pleased with the functionality and support you've received!

Echospan offers a valuable and easy to use tool for 360 feedback reviews.

Pros

Echospan is easy to use. I can customize my 360 report questions and other features easily. The system allows me to create 360 feedback reports specific to the individual or group to be reviewed. Anytime I have a question, it's answered promptly and effectively by customer service, often with a foloow up to make sure all is well.

Cons

The annual fee is steep. It depends on how many reviews you actually use throughout the year as to whether the annual fee is worth it. We've re-upped several years in a row though though!

Great System

The experience has been fantastic. From support, ease of use, customization and professional reports! Highly recommend

Pros

- System is very intuitive and easy to use - Reports are generated with a click of a button - Can align current development activities into body of report - Participants can select their own raters in system - Automated email reminders to complete 360 feedback

Cons

- Would like to place our own pictures on front of report and through suggested development activiites

Paula, Thank you for your review. We are glad to hear you are pleased with our 360 feedback tool. Custom images on report covers are a feature of the Enterprise edition of our tool. Additionally, customized pictures and graphics can be accommodated in reports. Just let our support team know the specifications and they can instruct you on how to include them or if it will require a minimal development effort for customization.

Good product

Pros

Project manager was very helpful and responsive to my requests.

Cons

We use the product to evaluate volunteer leadership. Since the product is geared primarily towards employees, the opportunities feedback in the out-of-the-box feedback report were not as relevant to us.

Hi Peggy, We appreciate your feedback about the tool and your experience with our support team members. We're happy to hear they were helpful and responsive to your needs! Regarding the review questions and the intended audience, we have more than 50 ready-to-use competencies available in our library, but you can also customize your review questions so they are more appropriate to evaluate your...

I highly recommend the EchoSpan 360 assessment. From set up to reporting, it's user friendly!

Pros

Great customer support and ease of use. I also appreciate the reporting options including the individual and overall reports. Very easy to customize.

Cons

I really like this software. I can't think of any cons. It's easy to use - even for a first timer - :)

Love the Echospan 360 Reviews!

Great support team; very quick to respond and find resolution

Pros

Ability to customize; cost effective; great tool to provide feedback

Cons

Echospan has been a very useful product for our company

Pros

I liked the videos they provide which provide you with the answers to the majority of questions you may have. There on-line assistance was very timely and helpful. . I really liked the way you could run reports in several different format which allowed you to be more focused on the information you were looking for. Adding and deleting raters and was a very easy task.

Cons

There were a few things that were not intuitive when you first set up your account however going back to the home page always helped me.

Simple, But Elegant

We are using the survey as part of our overall talent management activities.

Pros

Very intuitive and well designed. Very easy to customize to your exact needs. Very easy to get up and running in a short period of time. There is a very strong support component to their service, replete with training videos and Q&A brochures. We purchased the enterprise option and have found the dedicated support person to be a very helpful feature.

Cons

There are a very small number of advanced features in the application that are not readily observable. This has not posed any insurmountable problems, but spending as much time upfront in learning the intricacies of the application will pay huge dividends.

Easy to use, intelligent tool

We have been using EchoSpan 360-degree feedback tool for the past one month now. It is very easy to use and meets our business requirement 100%. The team behind the scenes provide excellent support with all the queries. They are super responsive and the turnaround is usually less than 12 hours. The reports functionality on the tool gets 5/5. They've got all the reports that you can possibly think of and just a click away! Overall, it's a great tool and I would highly recommend it to anyone who wants to run their own 360 surveys instead of hiring someone to do it for them.

Pros

Easy to navigate Great reporting tool

Super professional tool for any kind of customized 360 degree feedback

Pros: Very reliable tool, professional Customer Service and Support at all times Cons: Takes time to get used to, limited use in other languages

Cons

Sandra, we are glad that you have had a good experience with the tool and our support team thus far. Your feedback is important to us. Our Professional 360 tool does allow our clients to translate their review content in over 60 languages, but it does not allow for the advanced capability of translating the entire end user interface (like buttons and titles of tasks, etc) -those are automatically translated via our tool. That said, with our Enterprise Edition of the tool, clients have total control over language content and can apply custom translations to every aspect of the review, including review items, the user interface, and reports.

Great 360 Feedback Tool!

I have used Echospan as a partner for a few different companies that I have been employed with, and they have been outstanding in meeting the needs of each one. From using them directly, and for our clients, the system is flexible, easy to use and administer, and gives us the variety of options and customizations that we need for administration, tracking and reporting. I've investigated several other vendors, and Echospan is indeed at the top for their system functionality and flexibility, as well as their support. I would highly recommend their 360 product.