PetExec

Cloud-based pet care business management system.

PetExec Reviews

Pros

Very glad I switched from the product I was using. Will be very happy when I can sit at this computer and not feel like it is Groundhog day everytime.

Bruce P.

This product is amazing because it is customized to those running a pet care business. You can schedule appointments and just assist with running your day-to-day business with more ease.

Erin J.

Perfect for our boarding facility! great communication with the Petexec team.

Destiny C.

Cons

If we skip this extra step, the pet parent receives a confirmation email with incorrect (default to 3:00AM) times. Just a completely wasted extra step and makes us look bad if it gets missed.

Lisa L.

There isn't much we don't like anything we have struggled with they have eventually switched.

Landen C.

It is tough to figure out at first. They charge to teach you, which rubs me the wrong way.

Laurie W.

Great way to keep track of daily grooming activities

Helps us run a smooth grooming salon by keeping all of our info organized and in one place that's easy to access.

Pros

Very easy to set up and use. You set your own prices for breeds but can still vary them if needed according to each individual dog. Can easily track my commission to see what I am making everyday too.

Cons

Could have more features to make everyday groomer life easier, like text confirmations and pickup reminders.

Hi Amber, Thank you very much for your feedback on the PetExec system. We strive to make the system flexible and efficient so that you can do what you love to do! Work with your pet guests. =) We do offer an additional add on to your system called PetSnaps Messaging which is a more robust texting plan. With this plan, you can have 2 way texting with your pet parents, images can be texted, and you can send out text reminders. Please check out the details on this link (https://www.petexec.net/purchase-petexec/image-sms-texting) and if you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to us in live chat (the awake puppy icon on your dashboard).

My experience with Pet Exec

The ability to print reports with just about anything you can think of, easy to navigate around and the sms feature.

Pros

This software does a lot of things that we used to have to do physically, so it saves us a lot of time and we can keep in touch with our clients easily. It is also easy to read and teach to other employees.

Cons

I would like to see a way to see the purchase histories easier when making a reservation...the somewhat new feature shows the last time anything was purchased, which is misleading because the last time a client purchased might be just a deposit for a boarding.

Donna, thank you for your review of PetExec. We are so happy that you like the reports and communication options! We continually strive to provide reporting and features which help your business efficiencies! Thanks so much for being part of our pack/family!

The Best in Pet Care

Being able to go back and look for past purchases by customer and see what mistakes we may have made. We have an entire history from the first client we ever serviced up to the last one today.

Pros

PetExec covers all of our services, is very easy to train new staff and most of all has the best customer service of all products that I've ever used.

Cons

The only service that is not completely covered by this software is our dog training department. Would like to see this with appointments set up like grooming and packages set up like boarding.

Hi Pat! We love working with you and getting to know you personally after all these years. We are going through some major updates which will give us more flexibility with adding features to enhance modules like dog training. Please always submit these great ideas through our feature request section. Thank you for the kind words and for being such an amazing Packmate!

Not as promised

It works but is not great.

Pros

Once set up it is easy to schedule a client for grooming, boarding or daycare, if the client sets it up all the way, not everyone sees the "Add a Pet" button. Clints do like having an app

Cons

I am very disappointed in the scheduled services. When I first talked to someone from PetExec I asked if this program would support in the client's home visits (pet sitting) I was told yes, that would be under Scheduled Services. Then...we I purchased the program and was going through the tutorial I was told I would probably be better off sticking with Time to Pet for pet sitting. Well that really isn't an option, cant bill a client through 2 different systems if they board their dog here and then we visit their cat at home. Very upset that I was total it would work. It is very difficult to schedule multiple in home sits, so much so that I am discontinuing offering in the client's home pet sitting and going to lose $2-3,000 a month now. Reports also are sometimes not accurate.

Hi Christina, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. As we discussed, your situation is a bit tricky as PetExec is designed for Daycare, Boarding, Grooming, Training and other scheduled services. Time to Pet is an excellent program for pet sitting and dog walking. So while you can use the Scheduled services module for your pet sitting and dog walking, it is less specific to those areas and is a general scheduling area. I would love to have an easy solution for you of course, but it might be necessary, in your case, to utilize more than one system due to the sheer number of services you offer. I'm happy to discuss and help in any way I can. ~Paula

Great Functionality and superior customer service

Overall experience with Pet Exec is great. They offer superior customer service and are always accessible for questions and trouble shooting. They listen to their customers about what we would like to have available in the software and work hard to provide our requests. It has been a joy to work with Pet Exec.

Pros

The SW allows us to be very versatile in accommodating our difference services and organizing them in a way that makes it easier for us.

Cons

Petexec does not work seamlessly with Quick Books. We had to develope work arounds to get the information we needed to accurately report our accounting.

Hi Sherry! Thanks so much for the PetExec review! We have the best customer support team in the industry and will continue to strive to wow our packmates! We love that you are one of our pack/family!

Great Product and Exceptional Customer Service

Overall, this is an outstanding product and I am more than happy with it. The people I've worked with from the company are all very kind and I honestly don't even use all the features available. I will be contacting Petexec to help me start utilizing some of the other features now that I know this is the product I'm sticking with. They are always updating and adding new features and always listen to their packs ideas and feedback. Love them!

Pros

I love the fact that I am able to use this product from anywhere i am with anything. I've used it from my phone while chatting with a client and while on vacation. I can access it anywhere i am and make changes or look up any information that I need. The old software was hard to fix mistakes and customer service was the worst. This software is easy to fix and if i have trouble I can easily contact customer service using one of several methods. They are quick to help and very kind. They don't outsource their customer service to other countries!

Cons

We are mainly grooming and the commissions for my groomers is sometimes off because it won't show for the day the pet was groomed. It shows the commission on the day the owner paid. If a boarding dog leaves on Monday but was groomed on Saturday then it won't show on Saturday's commission. This is annoying but I always double check and do things old school with a paper book as well so I still manage to get the payroll correct. It would be nice if tips could be split between groomers as well. But I work around that, too.

Thank you Cori! We absolutely love working with you. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our system to accommodate the varying needs. We do review the features requests and that helps us decide the priorities for our packmates. Thank you for being such a wonderful member of our pack!

Best Cloud Based Kennel Software Around!

PetExec makes maintaining your client, pet and financial records simple. It allows our business to run smoothly and efficiently, it's also easy for our clients to use saving our staff time. The available reports make it easy to analyze your income, services and occupancy providing crucial information to understand what is working and not working in your business.

Pros

What I love the most about PetExec is that it has been around for almost 20 years, the developers work in our industry and truly understand the needs of kennel and daycare businesses. Their dedication to our industry and to their clients is their top priority. They are constantly making improvements and take client feedback seriously, they also integrate with a phenomenal credit card processor who truly cares about your bottom line not theirs.

Cons

So far I do not have any complaints, everything is to my satisfaction.

Thank You Meredith! It is our pleasure to serve your amazing business

You ask

All has gone well for most part. I wish we had more details on dashboard that shows more information about numbers expected and what is coming in an ease of looking at next day. Grooming If I have a groomer taking a day off you cannot just mark the groomer off that day and if you use customers doing online schedule unless you have someone looking at requested on a moment by moment basis can really mess you up. Can be double and triple booked for 11am the same day booked that mornings Does not show busy

Pros

Reporting and ease of use. Was told that checking in and out was about to be updated still waiting on that.

Cons

Turn in request for things and never see anything more about them. Billing from system is very convoluted and not a easy process. If you must do like a refund not easy and seems to be different with each one.

Hi Alex! We just love having you as a valued packmate. We do read each and every feature request and when feasable to the majority of our packmates, we update/create new features! We do have some exciting changes in store in the next several months and beyond so stay tuned!

So easy to use!

Pros

PetExec is super user friendly. When training in my employees it takes less then an hour to show them the system. With so many options to customize I feel like it was made for our business. The customer service is unmatched! If I have an issue they are right there to walk me through it.

Cons

We have yet to find a flaw. Again, with PetExec the customer service is unmatched if I have an issue they fix it or find a solution.

Thanks Nikki! We are thrilled to call you one of our valued packmates! We love that you LOVE our customer support and the efficiencies of the system. We will keep working hard for you!

Great when it works 100% of the time, costly when it doesn't

All the functions a doggy daycare, grooming, boarding, training and walking in one place was nice but limited due to the software dropping it (and there being no record of it) thereby making us look like it was never input when we would chat with the company about how to problem solve it.

Pros

Overall, Petexec is one of the better softwares in the pet industry in terms of being customizable and they are continuously doing updates to stay relevant to the ever evolving services added for pet professionals. The online chat function is wonderful and its fairly customizable and ease of use is medicore once you learn how to use the software.

Cons

My main complaint is that it was not reliable 100% of the time. When you have a software that repeatedly drops appointments and the staff is relying on the schedule to know where to go and when, the clients don't care that the software messed up, they just fire you because they think you don't care. Since Petexec dropped so many appointments we ended up using emails and hand-writing all inbound correspondance and then backing it up with an email which basically caused triple the work but it was a necessity to do what this software couldn't do reliably 100% of the time. They are very nice at petexec, but the faulty dropping of appointments over time was extremely costly for my company.

Hi Cynthia, I'm so sorry to hear about your experience. I did take a look at your past technical support conversations. The logging and tracking is PetExec is meant to address knowing who completed a task and can pinpoint these issues. The dropping of appointments should not be happening. It might be a task that is not followed through or completed correctly. I do want you to be happy so if you ever need help, please come to technical support and we will do our best to resolve any issues.

Couldn't Imagine my Business Without PetExec

I've tried other software trials and worked from good old fashion pen and paper and honestly could not imagine changing to another software. Everything from the customer support to the functionality is simple and hassle free. I love it!

Pros

PetExec makes the day to day running of my dog daycare and training business a breeze. The reports, customization, tracking of receivables, email capabilities and so much more allow me to effectively and efficiently run my business.

Cons

There really isn't anything negative I can say about this software. Every time I think they don't have something I need, they update the software to make it even better.

Thank you so much Beverley! We are thankful to have you in our pack/family!

Awesome Software

Overall a great product. They [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are in tune with todays' changing times and they provide updates to the software on an as needed basis. Very receptive to the needs of their clients.

Pros

Easily tailored to fit your business. Easy to train new employees. clients can upload their own vaccines.

Cons

Webcam section should be able to handle basic IP Camera, instead of having to purchase 1 brand. Client security on APP. We care about data breaches and would prefer a stronger requirement for passwords on the moblie app or two factor.

Hi Emily, thanks so much for your review of our system! We constantly strive to introduce new features, and upgrades to current features to help add value for our amazing packmates. We have partnered, and integrated with iDogCam as we have been able to extensively test their product in our system which takes a lot of time and due diligence. You do have the option to utilize other webcams in your...

So Happy with Pet Exec software

As noted above, I believe the fee has been more than covered with ease of use equaling loads of time savings. I belong to other dog day care owners groups and every time someone new asks what software do you use I am happy to say "Pet Exec" they understand my business needs and work very hard behind the scenes to continually enhance my experience.

Pros

I've been a client since we opened 8 years ago. The initial support was very good. and I haven't looked back. The best thing about them is a couple of things: I find the facebook group very helpful when I have a question. They are continually upgrading and refining the modules-With updates built into the very reasonable subscription fee. Training new hires on it is a breeze. Now admittedly, I...

Cons

I cannot really think of anything much. If I do have an enhancement request there is a straightforward way to communicate it to them.

New Upgrade Is Great; Customer Service is Tops

I've been using Pet Exec for several years now and, while some software quirks and inconsistencies are frustrating, overall the software is VERY functional and easy to use. Things are continuously improving and the customer service / technical support team is excellent. I would like to see the functionality for customers making their own reservations improve. Unless I'm behind the times (which...

Pros

Ease of use, good reporting, fairly clear layout. Love the timeout for security purposes - especially when you have a multi-person front desk. Having a history of what each person did is great for accountability and continuous improvement. LOVE the new dropdowns next to Owner's Name & Pet's Name to go to frequently used functions.

Cons

Inconsistencies like having a certain function on a page (like the owner drop-down menu), but not on the next page (like Owner Credit Cards, for example). Clicking the "back button" not taking you to the previous screen, but way back to the Dashboard so you have to perform a search again, Boarding cards opening in a separate tab (good) but Feeding Reports open in the same tab (bad because you're so...

Thoughts from Roverchase, LLC

In general, PetExec has been very reliable. There were two incidents this year that affected our ability to carry on transactions, but it seems as if those outages have been solved. We do quite a bit of training here at Roverchase and the group class portion of the app seems okay, but we do training of daycare dogs and the "Scheduled Services" part of PetExec requires our Front Office to do the...

Pros

Reliable, fast, features available if needed although they don't have to be used.

Cons

not multi-tasking. would like to have more synchronization with scheduled services and pre-paid daycare packages Rearrange the location of the selection of whether to send an email receipt on the final checkout screen from below the swipe credit card field to just before it for convenience. Rearrange the stack of times on the Grooming Screen from their current orientation. The order should be Pick up time, Scheduled time, and at the bottom Drop off Time. There is no way to turn off the requirement for choosing a drop off time when scheduling Daycare.

So Many Features!

Overall experience is very good. The software helps us manage so many different moving pieces of the business, I don't know what we would do without it.

Pros

Love the fact that Pet Exec has features for nearly every piece of our business. Daycare, Grooming, Retail & Inventory Management, Time-keeping & Payroll, Client Management & Communication, it's all there. After almost 4 years of daily use, I'm still discovering new and useful features. Customer support is great and the Pet Exec team is constantly working on improvements to better serve our changing business. Intuitive and easy to learn, I HIGHLY recommend this software!

Cons

would like to be able to separate out types of clients for targeted emails better and would like software better integrated with our Clover POS - esp in terms of emailing receipts.

Hi Marc! Thanks so much for giving us this review. Our aim is to make our packmates like you extremely happy! It is also a huge goal of ours to make sure that our prospective packmates discern, with the correct information, that we are a good fit for their facilities. We appreciate all of your feedback. -)

It should be 5 stars but...

Love and hate. Fire and ice.

Pros

Boarding and daycare management is a breeze with this program. The vaccine displays, the vaccine reminders, the report card function are all amazing and easy to use!!!

Cons

The time clock and scheduling system are cumbersome. There are so many quick easy to use scheduling apps that it is hard to understand why Pet Exec would promote theirs as a feature. They tend to tell you the program can do more than it can realistically. To highlight this, we were told we could run our entire pet business including in home services and retail with this program but anything other than boarding and daycare is difficult and not use friendly as it takes too long. Another issue is Pet Exec is locked into contract with First Data for the financial piece of payments and banking. If you don't or can't use First Data then you cannot take credit cards AT ALL through their system.

Hi Bo, Thank you for your helpful comments. I agree that PetExec is at its core built to manage Boarding and Daycare services. The timeclock is very basic in nature and might not be as feature reach as some of the programs that are build specifically for managing employees. As far as integrated merchant companies, we chose FCMS after much due diligence and trust. We can not support or integrate with the many hundreds of different platforms available so we picked the best one for our customers. Thank you for your review and please let me know if there is anything I can do to help. We value you very much as a client.

Dog Boarding Only

I feel like it does everything I need from Boarding to Daycare to products. It does make life easier.

Pros

This software has made my life easy. I like the automated reminders to clients about boarding and I love the ease of booking and changing reservations as needed. It takes the stress out of what we do.

Cons

Because I'm only boarding and sometimes daycare, there is a lot that this software does that I don't do. I wish that when signing up, getting help to set it up would have been a free service. When you're starting a business there are a thousand things you must pay for and it's overwhelming. So I feel like what I'm using could be streamlined better, but I'm not a Pet Exec genius to be able to set it up myself. I just did the best I could. Or after 3 years or more of using the product that we would earn free help to really set it up right.

Feature Loaded

It does everything you need to do with running a pet daycare business. Keeps track of everything and once learned, everything you need to know is at your disposal. I maintain spreadsheets with all our data, scheduling, and billing, customer lists, etc. but it really isn't necessary. I would compare it to Quicken but specifically for pet boarding and daycare businesses.

Pros

Keeping track of pets' coming and going. Billing and invoicing features are excellent, as well as scheduling. Calendars that display bookings are great. Daily, weekly, or monthly views at a click. Extreme detail in customizing for your own needs is very good. The learning curve is not bad. I was comfortable with most of the program after a few months. We have it 4 years and now it's second nature. The documentation is very good. If you dig, you can usually find what you are looking for as far as a feature, or some new process you're looking to add. Customer service is excellent. Questions or problems posed are answered right away. Even on off days, or holidays I've received responses to queries.

Cons

We were just starting out when we acquired the software, so integration into the business wasn't a concern. I really can't come up with any cons to the software as I don't have another to compare it to. In 4 years they had one glitch, a server problem that cost a weekend of downtime and some data loss, but otherwise has been extremely reliable.

Hi Tom! Thank you for your review! We love working with you and appreciate having you in our PetExec family!

Other feature ideas

We run a large scale daycare and boarding facility and it would be much easier if there was a feature like feeding and medical charts so we can easily keep track of who is/isn't eating and dogs that have play injuries, sensitivities, or anything else. When you are trying to keep track of all of it it is harder to go from boarding dog to boarding dog on the dashboard instead of having a printable spreadsheet...

Pros

The ease in sharing information on each dog, the accessibility, the option for report cards, all the neat features to keep my dogs organized and having saved profiles for each dog to retain detailed information on them.

Cons

Lack of mass organization and accessibility to view all details on each dog at once. I would like to be able to scroll through and read about each dog in house to make it easier to keep track of feeding, issues, playgroups and behavioral notes.

Petexec Review

Overall the program is decent. It's not a perfect fit for my business personally, but I didn't expect it to be since everyone does things differently. For us, daycare and boarding are all linked together so I can't really use the daycare functions of the program, I have to pretend that all reservations are boarding in order to make it work. One thing I would add to make our lives easier is a short-cut...

Pros

Being able to easily see what pets are checking in and out and what pets are currently boarding at the facility is the most important part of helping our business run smoothly.

Cons

How daycare reservations are totally separate from the boarding ones. I wish it was blended all into one.. and customer service.

PetExec Changed the Way We Do Business!

Overall, very positive! Let's hope pele start travelling again!

Pros

Online reservations have streamlined our sales and allowed us to feature our additional services.

Cons

There learning curve has been a little difficult. We'd like to see an option for coupons.

Hi Greg! Our hope is that the economy can fully open up over time! Thank you for being one of our amazing packmates. We appreciate you! Come on into our live tech support chat and our wonderful team can help you to troubleshoot and provide options to you for using coupons in the system for your pet parents. We are here to help!

PetExec Review

I'm happy with PetExec overall. I do with things were simpler - I find training new team members on it can take months before they fully understand the program.

Pros

I like the ability for clients to make reservations online and to keep notes on training clients, boarding clients grooming, etc.

Cons

There are too many clicks to accomplish each task. I understand why, but for example - booking a dog walk, I have to select the walk I would like to schedule, select the correct time, then select the time "in" and "out" of the service, then change the default 30 minutes to the actual length of the walk being booked, then assign to our walker, and then submit the booking. This is the same with grooming, training, etc. While I like the customizable option of it, I feel this could be simplified.

Hi Jenn! Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback and want you to know that we are constantly striving to update and upgrade the system/features to make the system more efficient for you, our amazing packmates.

PetExec is Amazing

Overall PetExec handles all of our day to day operations and we've been very happy with it. We did have to change some business processes because they don't handle stuff the way our previous software did but that's just the way it works.

Pros

Being able to use PetExec from anywhere is my favorite part of this software. No matter where I'm at I can log in and see schedules and client information. And the customer support is outstanding. Knowing that I can click the chat button during work hours and someone is there to answer my question is awesome. PetExec was different from our previous software so there was a learning curve but that is with any software. Knowing that they were there to help us and answer any question was worth the switch. Finally, getting automatic updates online is really nice. No more supporting local hardware or doing updates manually makes my life much simpler.

Cons

PetExec's reporting could be a little more robust but I have found that the information is there, sometimes I have to export it to Excel to get the answers I need. However, with every update they are releasing more reports and updating current reports so they are working on it! The Grooming module needs some additional work as well but like I said, they are always making upgrades.

Hi Heather! We are so happy to have you in our pack! Thank you for your review! We applaud that you, like many of our very savvy packmates, have kept your business and processes agile in this industry. We will continue to work to provide updates and upgrades which will help you continue this into the future.

PetExec

Software functions well. We like the way it looks and scorecards are easy to read

Pros

Easy to learn and fairly easy to navigate

Cons

The Scheduled Revenue Reporting is completely inaccurate because it's based on a "per night" charge when 100% of the pet industry is paid when the dog checks out at the end of their stay. For example, the scheduled revenue for 4/5/21 in PE was $2372.30. ACTUAL revenue on 4/5/21 was $16,292.75 because 17 dogs checked out that day. Makes it virtually impossible to do any forecasting accurately and...