TeamSnap Logo

TeamSnap Reviews

User ratings

4.3

• Likelihood to recommend8.6/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

This software is great for helping to keep your team up to date on schedules and communicating with parents.

DH

Dustin H.

I liked that our competitive swim team had a platform designated just for us, but that's about it. It looks nicely organized.

EC

Ellen C.

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son's upcoming games, practices and scores. I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click.

It is the worst app I have ever used and I use hundreds of them.

I found the communication piece (chat, messaging, emails) to be very confusing. It was tough to know which one you were sending and whether your message would be private or not.

AL

Adam L.

TeamSnap was a bit disappointing and I think could use an update or new features to make it worthwhile.

TH

Tori H.

TeamSnap users...

How would you rate TeamSnap?

DC

Dave C.

Player Agent, Webmaster, Coach and League Adm

Sports, 1-10 employees

Keeps making a positive difference to our youth sports program.

Transcript

Dave: Hello. My name is Dave. I help manage a youth softball organization. I give TeamSnap a five out...

TeamSnap Review

Transcript

Ramin S.: My name is Ramin. I am a team manager of a soccer team, and I give TeamSnap a four out of five....

This is a great app! Tell your coach you gotta have it :)

Pros

Very easy to use and lots of features that are helpful. I am a parent of a teen-aged athlete and have a hard time keeping up with her practice, game, and travel schedule. With TeamSnap all that can be put in one central place that's easy to use. There are other features too, like contact info of other parents, who's assigned to bring what at tournament, etc. Anyone can send messages or alerts to coaches, parents, players and it keeps a nice tidy record of it all if you have to go back to review a message. I cannot think of a single bug in the software after 3+ years of using TeamSnap. Also, they have great customer service who helped me when I was having a problem subscribing to TeamSnap calendar from Apple calendar.

Cons

Honestly, I can't really think of anything negative or a feature that I wish it had. Well done and complete!

Great app for sports management and athletic families.

Makes life as an athletic family much easier and more organized.

Pros

Made it super easy to check when I have a hockey practice or game and also made this easier for my entire family No bugs that I have stumbled across Very easy to use for anyone, regardless of experience with apps of this type

Cons

Sometimes very laggy to use and slow, but could be a problem on my end. On rare occasions, the servers are down. I have only experienced this once in my time using it, but it was frustrating that one time.

Thanks for the feedback. We have a few things we are working on to make the mobile apps even faster. We recognize that cellular networks out on the field can be hit or miss and we have some things coming to help.

Love Team Snap

Pros

Very user friendly, very easy, and love you can have schedule and a way to message other team members all in one spot

Cons

nothing, I am happy with this software and wouldnt really change anything

It is ok, but there are better apps out there that compare

overall a good project but better options out there Sport Engine

Pros

I liked that is was easy to communicate with the team and see the schedule laid out way in advance

Cons

It didnt seem as new and upgraded as some other apps that I have used for sports leagues

Manage Your Team in a Snap

Easy to keep track of players and their contact information as well as locations we go to regularly. No more parents asking for an email with addresses for locations or times for events.

Pros

Ease of use for scheduling practices and games. Checking attendance is great, but too easy for players to forget to mark their status. Love the email and message feature that keeps record of what is sent out and to whom.

Cons

I use this primarily for my daughter's travel softball team as the administrator, but need to use a separate app for scoring the games. I wish TeamSnap would integrate a score keeping feature for softball/baseball.

Easy team management and communication tool

Team Snap has helped with keeping things organized with my four teams that I coach. It makes it extremely easy to keep in touch with parents and players on everything having to do with the team.

Pros

It allows for very quick and easy communication with everyone on my team. The site is very easy to navigate and has allows for a multitude of communication methods. I can keep all of the information for my team in one location whether it be team stats, schedules, scores, photos, or documents. I can send mass communications or individual communications out to members of the team. I like that I can add and subtract players easily from my roster. I also like that teamsnap sends reminders out about upcoming events so I don't have to remember to do so.

Cons

I have not found anything that really sticks out that I dislike about the software except that it takes a while for us to process a refund when we try and send it back through team snap.

TeamSnap automates managing my soccer team

Before I used TeamSnap, I had to remember to send email reminders to the team before each game and practice. I had to manage multiple email addresses from some players (parents, grandparents, etc.). I had to check our snack lineup each week and remind the parent who was supposed to bring the halftime and postgame snacks. Now, I can do all that through TeamSnap, and it automates a lot of those functions. All my parents downloaded the mobile app. I no longer have to worry if a player's demail address dropped off the email chain.

Pros

There are a lot of things I love about this software. I have been coaching youth soccer for almost 10 years. The best feature is the player availability feature. It lets me know who is going to be at each game, and it is easier for the parents to use instead of sending me an email. I also love the automated email reminders so I no longer have to send emails before each game and practice.

Cons

My soccer team only plays about six months of the year (fall and spring) but I have to pay a yearly fee. It would be nice if I could only have to pay for the months I use it.

Team snap a must

Used it for years. Love it.

Pros

It allows me to communicate with the team and individual players. But having parents contact info it goes to them as well. So they know everything that’s said to their child. Just good practice

Cons

Photo portion is slow to add and slow to load.

Very Complicated

Pros

This software seems to have most/all of the bells and whistles, but it's very complicated to use. If you're running a big organization or league, then it probably makes sense, but if you're just a team it's definitely overkill. We use about 10% of the features.

Cons

Customer support is mediocre. The help files seem to frequently be related to a previous version of the product or for some other reason I'm frequently unable to make it do what the help files say it should. Really the software is just WAY to complicated to use, I think given all the features if they did some usability design, they could make a really wonderful product, but the current interface...

Sorry you found the product confusing. We pride ourselves on ease of use. We would love to hear any places that you found confusing so we can work on them. Ken General Manager

Easy Way to Track Kids Sports Schedule

We use this app to track my son's soccer schedule. It's easy to enter your availability and to enter notes about why you aren't coming to practice or a game. It's also nice that directions to the game can be obtained from the app. And you can check who else is or is not coming to the game or practice and you can message your team mates parents if you need a ride. Overall good simple app but too many ads.

Pros

It's easy to use and easy to read and doesn't have alot of bells and whistles

Cons

The ads - both within a screen and the ones that pop up

Software Works Customer Service Does NOT

The software does what it's supposed to do. However, if I would have read this review before investing money, and time in TeamSnap, I would consider other options. Because of that money and time I feel committed, STUCK! I don't have time to learn a new system, nor right now do I care to. I own my business. If I had their customer support I wouldn't have a business. They get away with it because I doubt...

Pros

I like the idea of having a software that will integrate into our business that allows us to spend less time on administrative work and more focusing on building our brand

Cons

It's not the software, its the support! There is a learning curve implementing and setting up the software. AND if you find yourself needing support GOOD LUCK! There is NO phone number, but TeamSnap touts that as they are "providing a greater experience of the product " with personal tutorials and screen shots. BS! "LIVE" support is only available from 9am-1pm MT. (I wish I could work a 4hr Day! Someone has been reading too much Timothy Ferriss!) I use the word live sarcastically, Oh there is a button that says Live Chat, but the majority of the time when you need help and think your going to live chat with someone you get a message saying someone will get back to you within a few hours.

Keeps making a positive difference to our youth sports program.

Allows our small volunteer lead youth softball organization to operate way above our capabilities from an information technology perspective. It has made our ability to manage registrations and the associated $$ Much more smooth than I ever anticipated. Even in the challenging spring of 2020 when we had to cancel our program because of the Covid pandemic, our ability to offer and process refunds was so simple!

Pros

It was difficult the first year when we abandoned our in person registration for this online solution. We always looked forward to seeing all the families and softball players in January after many months away and we worried about losing that personal touch. We never should’ve worried as our families and our coaches have all benefited from our transition to team snap. From managing all of our registrations,...

Cons

It would be nice if after the draft meeting, that players/families couldn’t see everything until their coach has completed all of the phone calls. Kind of a hold/release button that A coach could push when he is finished. Sometimes players know who else is on their team and start complaining before coaches even started making phone calls.

Good team management tool but needs improvement

Pros

I used Teamsnap to manage a Men's adult softball team for over 7 years -Players or manager can track player "availability" easily through the app. The player can mark which games they may miss due to vacation, etc. This is useful for tracking how many subs I may need for a given week. -The ability to track statistics -Easy to use mobile app -The ability to send/track messages to team

Cons

There are a few things they can work on: -Stats were great, but were not available on the mobile platform. This was an issue because the majority of the team only used the mobile -I wanted to lock down 'availability' an hour leading up to the game, otherwise someone could mark themselves out the last minute without me knowing, but this feature was not offered. -The top stats feature is cool - it allowed...

Excellent team manager tool

I have uses it for years. It is my go to app for team management. I used it seasons with one team and seasons with 15. Its been smooth sailing ans I have no trouble. I use this for communication features as well

Pros

Availability settings make tracking attendance easy. Invoice features have improved and makes it easy to collect funds. Game loading and schedule loading are easy. Accessible from multiple devices. I manage several different teams in one season.

Cons

I wish that non profits could get lower fees. Especially, on merchant fees. It does cut in to our dues with the merchant fees.

Almost Great But………Frustrating for Organization Management W/ Multiple Teams or Divisions

I decided to switch our lacrosse club with multiple teams & clinics from another management software after reading positive reviews of Teamsnap. I now realize most of the reviews are from experiences on a single team level, not organizational level. We’ve been using Teamsnap for 2.5 years for registration/payment processing, rostering multiple teams, contact management/communications, and team...

Pros

This software is excellent for a coach or a manager to use for single team management. It simplifies communicating with players and families. Email or group chats are easy for using amongst players or coaches. You can easily see who is on a team you are a member of. Player availability can be easily tracked for practices and games to help coaches plan. Volunteers or snacks/drink assignments can be created for each game or event. As a parent and a team manager I have very positive experiences using it over multiple years and sports. Both the free and paid team plans are great for a single team.

Cons

No phone support available. When running an organization an administrator needs the ability to talk to a support person to avoid problems and help with issues that are not covered in how-to’s and help videos. The chat feature on the website is a bot responding with generic help topics that I have already read. Emailing support means waiting days up to a week of back and forth to get an answer that...

Very Disappointed - Overpromised and Underdelivered

I was trying to get a better way to communicate with our teams and streamline invoicing and payment plans. So far this program has done nothing but take hours out of my day responding to emails from my customers that they can't access their TeamSnap account.

Pros

The color palate chosen for the software is nice. At this point I'm so frustrated with customer service and all the things that don't work right, that if there were anything good I don't remember.

Cons

Customer service is a bunch of emails back and forth or a link to a help article. It takes over a week for the Onboarding person to schedule you, but by then you are already knee deep in the program, and guess what, the Onboarding guy has to get back to you with answers to your problems and yes...3 days later, I'm still waiting. You get an hour of their time then it is back to emails again. They...

League Administrator

This software has become a 'no brainer' for operations of our association. Managers are give access to their team accounts and the rest is history.

Pros

With the new features we have been able to use this software for our entire association. I use it to enter team development times and can ensure all parents have been notified with the features provided. I can monitor the teams and their activities. It has made the rostering of teams so easy and provide info to Hockey Canada all in one software.

Cons

There are additional fees associated with using the Invoicing feature.

Probably the best team sports management software....

Pros

Easy to use, does what most clubs need and saves significant time for both coaches and parents. My club have 40+ football (soccer) teams, which overs over 500+ players and teamsnap manages everything from registration, team and club communications, games and training and availability... and more. Great customer support also :)

Cons

No real cons... having the cloud version and app version make it easy to use and new features are continually rolling out... over the last two years of using this it has got better and better

Lots of notifications

Overall, the app helps keep the team organized and keeps a record of things that have occurred which can be helpful as well. Just too many notifications on my phone which left me annoyed at times with the app and the frequency of it buzzing.

Pros

There are various functions that make communication easy within our team. Documents can be shared and saved for later within the app. Contact details for members of the team are within the app, which aides in communication as well.

Cons

I found that I would receive many notifications about one single event/message/email. I tried to limit notifications but that did not seem to matter as I still wound up with frequent notifications. They would come in the form of text messages too which I found frustrating!

Sorry about the multiple notifications. If you drop us a line at https://helpme.teamsnap.com/ we should be able to tune the notifications for you.

TeamSnap Review

Overall, the mobile and desktop functionality is what sold me on this tool and why I renew with them every year!

Pros

The fact that I get an awesome experience on both web and mobile! My players can use this on their phones just as easy as they can while they are at work to update game statuses, etc.

Cons

The email template for this template is not as friendly as I would like. Formatting is a bit raw and you cannot make emails look as presentable as I'd like.

Teamsnap is the current leader in team management for sports and events

I've used it for a long time and it's fairly simple and universal for parents and coaches. I'll continue to use it, but would be nice to have a few more options included without additional charges

Pros

We all need a central place to keep track of all our kids' sporting events. The adding of schedules and multiple teams is very helpful and convenient.

Cons

You need to pay for a lot of the upgrades, including "availability" where the user can mark if they can or cannot attend a practice, game, etc.

Most popular, User friendly team management software.

TeamSnap made it easy to manage a team roster, inform the team of the game schedule, check attendance and communicate with the team.

Pros

TeamSnap is easy to set up and use. It makes it easy to communicate with parents on your team via email or text. You can schedule games, check attendance, track payments, post team photos, and email the entire roster from your email account.

Cons

Cost. Free version is very 'stripped'. Paid version is excellent, but you have to pay per team, and there is no discount for subsequent years, multiple years or additional teams. Cannot roster on and off players for different seasons/tournaments.

TeamSnap is the ONLY software to use for team managment

I have tried other options (been forced to by orgs that don't use snap) and no one comes close. They save you tons of time with the repeat feature and they always respond immediately to inquiries.

Pros

Great interface- they really get what people need to manage teams. Quick response from customer support.

Cons

Price has been steadily rising which is not a big deal as the team splits it. They do allow you to keep your original amount if you have had a team for years.

Best software for managing team sports

The ease of use and how universal the program is made it a clear choice for our communication needs.

Pros

I love how easy TeamSnap is to update games, tournaments and events for all of the families involved. Being able to intergrade the schedule to my phones calendar was a huge help.

Cons

There was nothing about the software that I didn't like. It was easy to use and update as needed. GREAT tool for any team sports group.

Organize any team with TeamSnap!

In my opinion, every team should use this application, it`s awesome!

Pros

I love how easy it is to keep track of both of my son`s upcoming games, practices and scores. I can update their status to either attending or declining their attendance with a quick click. It allows coaches and parents to stay connected on one easy to use platform.

Cons

The corny tag lines they use when uploading new content.