AOL Mail Reviews

4.1

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend7.31/10

Reviews by rating

It was a very good one and I would recommend only after other products that I have grown to love.
Receiving new email notification is working perfectly. Their security also great and I recomend this app to all of you.
It was a very friendly and easy to use service with a great interface.
I would often have trouble signing in especially when I was traveling overseas which is why I stopped using it.
Non-existent customer service. Spam is very hard control, and literally takes control over the mailbox.
There are a lot of ads now in the software. I also find that some of my emails are mistakenly marked as spam.

Holly C.

Consumer Services, 1-10 employees

AOL mail is my go to now

Absolutely love it having that feature where you can delete multiple multiple messages at one time is a godsend because I have one email that has 65,000 emails in it and that’s ridiculous but it doesn’t have the option where I can click on the box in the league multiple at a time. So I can deal with him aggravate me about downloader app download our app to have that option to wipe out all of the mail that I don’t want that one time

Pros

The thing I like most about AOL mail is that they have an option where you can click a box and then you click up at the top and you can delete every single message in that category all at one time. Like if you have 100 messages from today you click on one and you go up and click today box and there it is they’re all related

Cons

The thing I absolutely hate is they will bother you so bad until you download download their app the AOL mail app it’s not enough that you can go online to www.aol.com no you have got to download that out because they will drive you crazy until you do

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

AOL Mail review

AOL mail is an essential email tool and it's really worth

Pros

AOL Mail is an essential tool for me. Because it helps me to do my work properly without any troubles. Receiving new emails alerts are perfectly fine. App interface also perfect. Security system is great and recommended email management tool.

Cons

Nothing so far. AOL is working fine to me.

CC

Charles C.

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Aol email still works, and can be utilized as a "short email address that is easy to remember"

I use it as my 1st line of defense when giving out email address to vendors and others that I know will sell my info and spam me in the future. I also setup aol mail to forward messages to another email service so that i rarely have to log in to aol and deal with their cluttered layout

Pros

It's free and easy to use, and has a short domain address making it easy to remember. I usually give out my aol address to vendors and sales people, as to avoid repeating my address several times, which is needed with long complex adresses.

Cons

The messy layout with ads everywhere makes it a frustrating and messy experience.

DE

Destiny E.

Human Resources, 501-1,000 employees

AOL Mail thumbs up from me

I enjoy AOL Mail. It is my main email and it has proven very useful over the years.

Pros

I have used AOL Mail since I was allowed to have an email. It is my main email that I check constantly throughout the day. It is easy to use and the inbox management is great. I do not have an inbox full of spam or junk emails.

Cons

I wish they incorporated some type of word document capabilities like google docs does. That would make AOL perfect.

SH

Shenuka H.

Computer Software, 1-10 employees

Receiving all mails accurately

It saves my time and can use free AOL email on anywhere

Pros

Receiving all my mail notifications accurately without any delays. Easy to use it and secure. No need any fee to use it and recommended.

Cons

Nothing have to say any complaints about this Amazing email management tool

CS

Candace S.

Food & Beverages, 1-10 employees

Awesome love it

Pros

I love how easy it is to find my emails

Cons

Able to contact help better. Every time I need help no body responses back to me.

JJ

Joseph J.

Consumer Services, 10,001+ employees

AOl mail for dummies

My overall experience with Aol would be mediocre at best average plugins loose security protocols and customer service is barley teachable

Pros

The feature I liked most about Aol was the ability to use the build in software to add attachments and search for files online including audio and graphic

Cons

What I found most disturbing about this software was the fact that it would crash 1 to 2 times a day mostly when sendingass email folders with attachments causing me to waste 1 hour of my time refiling everuthing

ML

Malcolm-Louis T.

Consumer Goods, 10,001+ employees

AOL Mail Review

Overall, I had a great experience with AOL mail considering it's direct approach to email service and massive storage capacity.

Pros

The fact that the software has a simple design which makes it simple to navigate through.

Cons

It has less advanced features compared to its competitors like gmail or outlook.

AA

Antonello A.

Construction, 11-50 employees

Aol is ok. But not the best

Pros

It's very neatly built. Everything is easy to locate and secure. Also when u open aol u get local and national new. Very informative

Cons

It's hard to login. It's very secure but tooo secure I can't access my account and it's been 4 years never heard from aol again.

Nicky O.

Textiles, 1-10 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

AOL is old news

I used to have great experience with aol but I have recently stopped using it due to someone stealing my identity 3x.

Pros

I used to like AOL when I used it as my primary email. It was easy to navigate and separate.

Cons

I stopped using AOL because I was getting too many people stealing my accounts .

CA

Carol-Ann v.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

AOL Mail is so easy to use.

I have been using AOL Mail for over 20 years :) And honestly while I have other email accounts from other providers my AOL Mail is my main email account and I would not change it for the world.

Pros

I like the ease of use and the fact that AOL has all the functionality I need.

Cons

There is nothing that I dislike about AOL Mail.

Amber H.

Professional Training & Coaching, self-employed

With All The Email Providers, I'll Still Go Back To My First Love -- AOL

Pros

The email provider was outside of college was my first. I still use it for more personal use. Until I was able to get and create a business email, everything went to AOL. It became confusing at times, but one of the great things about AOL was the ability to keep things organized by creating folders. I'm shocked it still keeps email from when I first used it.

Cons

I wish it would accept large files, and have the capability of sharing them. I still remember when there was AOL Broadband. That was my first introduction to high-speed Internet. $60 per month was costly, but it was worth it. Still saddened by the fact they got rid of it. If AOL Broadband was brought back, I'd be the first to get it.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

Use AOL mail for the privacy

I enjoy AOL for the primary fact of privacy

Pros

I like how AOL is far more private and they aren't spying on your emails like gmail and other email providers are

Cons

It's obviously a little outdated but it's totally okay if you value your privacy

AJ

Ariana J.

E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 employees

I use daily, as a student it is a necessity!

Pros

As a student and student working in college, I have been a user of AOL mail since the beginning of high school and I have found it to be everything I need. I receive emails fast and in an organized manner! With all the projects and assignments I have to stay on top of, I need to use AOL at least 10 times a day.

Cons

I have no complaints as a 6-year user of this software.

CL

Christopher L.

Publishing, 1-10 employees

Since You Had to Dial Up

I've been with aol for years, so most of it is intuitive and second nature. I took a break for a little while, but came back because of ease of use. The organization and layout are a good design to make things feel simple. I like that. It also has a high deliverability rate for sent mail, so even going into inboxes of people I don't know, the email doesn't get tagged or shuffled into promotions or spam.

Pros

The design and layout is simple to use and can be used for a quick glance to determine what's important, what items can wait or what can be delayed just by looking.

Cons

There are no aspects of the product I found unuseful, howere the aol tag comes with a certain predisposition. It is one of the oldest in the industry, and almost ubiquitous, but that may create misconceptions with the intended delivery recepient.

AJ

Amanda J.

Management Consulting, 10,001+ employees

You've Got Mail!

I use Aol mostly now for personal emails but I did have a previous job that used it as well.

Pros

Aol is still a wonderful email service and I will likely always have one.

Cons

It doesn't have some of the latest features but it's still gets the job done.

MJ

Mike J.

Entertainment, 51-200 employees

You've Got Mail! AOL Mail is still a great email service

I use it everyday and still love it. Great for personal use.

Pros

It may seems simple but this email service still works great. It isn't outdated and holds p to gmail and yahoo.

Cons

The only downfall is the inability to send large files. This is only thing that keep this service in the past.

RG

Rosela G.

Government Relations, 51-200 employees

Indirizzo email sicuro anche se non troppo usato in Europa

Buona esperienza d'utilizzo. Per il momento lo tengo poi vedremo.

Pros

Mi piace la sua facilita' d'uso. Alcune potenziali funzioni andrebbero migliorate

Cons

che a volte e' lento quando stai inviando un email di risposta

Showing original review in Italian. See translation

KK

Katie K.

Hospital & Health Care, 10,001+ employees

Old School but Updated

I've had AOL Mail since I was 17. I am now in my 40s. I have seen them upgrade the system, making changes to keep info protected. I have seen them come up with easier ways to change a lost password. It is my preferred email service.

Pros

I have been an AOL mail user forever! It's easy to navigate. You can find what you are looking for quickly. It was free. I love free.

Cons

I have never had an issue with AOL mail. Maybe just trying to find a password in the past. They have upgraded, and easier to reset.

JJ

Julie J.

Education Management, 1,001-5,000 employees

Forever AOL

I use AOL for all of my personal communications. It's important that I have an email that is not connected to my workplace, and my AOL account is perfect for that.

Pros

Email with AOL is so easy. I have always had AOL and I have no plans to change that. I like the extra features of stationery and smileys. I use those regularly.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about AOL is the attitude I hear on rare occasions that it's old-fashioned. AOL actually keeps up with the times by adding new artists, updated stationery, and more.

OA

Oscar Anthony A.

Arts and Crafts, 11-50 employees

My Years on AOL Were Sweet!

AOL Mail was so much fun to use and great for getting messages across. It is what we had before posting memes on social media became a thing. AOL Mail was a stepping stone for me.

Pros

I loved how one could see whether the email was read or deleted by the recipient, something you don't get with other email platforms.

Cons

I had no complaints about AOL software, but I haven't been using it much ever since I switched to a throwaway email account on another platform and went into social media.

Sonia L.

Civic & Social Organization, 1-10 employees

AOL Mail Passed it's Prime

Overall it is not a bad system. It is user friendly and great for personal use. I would not use it for business purposes though.

Pros

AOL was a great email management system in it's prime. It excelled as a leader in the begining. I still have an AOL account but do not use it frequently. I do like the search feature as it is helpful. I also appreciate the ability to create many folders for sorting.

Cons

The software was pretty out dated, when I used it last as a primary email management software. I know it has improved but I feel like the amount of ads and pop ups are excessive.

Writing and Editing, self-employed

AOL Mail is my go-to Email Platform

Pros

I like that AOL Mail is secure. When I was working at home as a transcriber, AOL Mail was required. I have used AOL Mail for years.

Cons

There is nothing I didn't like about AOL Mail.

TL

Tyonna L B.

Apparel & Fashion, self-employed

AOL Mail -My Favorite Email Provider

Pros

I love how it's so easy to use! There is nothing difficult about this software! And I have been using it for YEARS! I always have an AOL Email

Cons

Nothing to really dislike, except for the AIM Chat is gone!!! Bring it back if you can! I loved it so much lolol I'm from the Era where you could Instant Message on AOL! I even remember recieving the AOL free Disks in any store that would carry them!

AA

Alicia A.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Good

Good

Pros

Its easy to use even when you forget your password. Its an easy process to get back into your account.

Cons

There is nothing that I dont like about this software.