Restream Logo

Restream

Webinar and video streaming management solution

Restream Reviews

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.99/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

It's an amazing tool for simulcasting, easy to use and powerful tools and features like metrics, video embed, and others.
The ease of changing all titles at the same time has been a wonderful addition to the service since it was implemented. It is quite easy and reliable to use restream to all accounts and platforms.
The ability to stream to multiple platforms using one bandwidth stream and such low latency is a feature that I feel quite lucky to enjoy for free.
Whenever I lost connection to YouTube, it would start a brand new livestream, rather than pickup on the same one. Wouldn't have been an issue, but with our poor internet, we had issues with it.
The problem I had wasn't with Restream, but with how YouTube changed their streaming platform.
Only by paying for a much more expensive tier can you stop this. Since we do not wish to show any commercial affiliation in our broadcasts we found this unacceptable and had to move to Castr.io.

David K.

Sales & Marketing Manager

Wholesale, 11-50 employees

Great service to allow you to multi stream!

Transcript

David: Hi, my name's David. I am a content creator. I give Restream a five out of five, and for more...

tC

tom C.

worship leader

Entertainment, 1-10 employees

Our Streaming Solution

Transcript

Tom C: Hi, I'm Tom. I'm a worship leader. I give Restream five stars out of five. And for more information,...

Simon M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

The #1 multi-platform streaming service! You won't look back, EVER!

The biggest problem to grow an audience is to be able to put yourself in front of as many eyeballs as possible. This becomes especially difficult when your audience is spread across multiple websites/platforms. With Restream, it becomes easy to put yourself in front of audiences in over 30 platforms. You can later use the data to find out which platforms are doing well and what time of the day/week is better for different platforms. This way, you're able to reach the right audience at the right time. Also, being able to seamlessly connect the chat from different platforms is a godsend. Never have to worry about missing out on another message or wonder if we've missed anything.

Pros

For someone who was looking for a platform to be able to stream to multiple websites, without having the overhead to be able to do it locally, Restream came as a big help. I did not need server grade hardware to stream to multiple platforms, just one stream that I send to Restream that is then sent out to ALL connected platforms. The ability to see chats from all these different platforms in one location is something I love about Restream. The only thing I need to worry about is the ability to send one good stream to the main service. Everything else just falls in place without me having to lift a finger.

Cons

The inability to stream to a Facebook page on the free version is a let down. For someone who is just starting out, it might be difficult to pay a monthly bill when the customer acquisition cost is already worrisome. But it is not a detriment to growth because the free plan will suffice for 95% of all first time users. It would also help to be able to stream to Facebook page when you have less than 100 followers, which would make it easier for those entering the market.

RS

Roy S.

Military, 10,001+ employees

Restream IO in a nutshell

Projection, and multi-platform attendance to the channel

Pros

It provides streamers with a way to expand their audience. It allows you to change the settings of all separate streams from one central hub. Its sleek design is easy on the eyes. It's free. No nonsense.

Cons

Seems to overload OBS live when I run YT Mixer and Twitch together. But this can be an unrelated issue based off of an individuals connection. Make the overlays more colorful with options

Manuel D.

Telecommunications, self-employed

The restreaming part is great, the video call part, not ready for primetime

Pros

You can stream to multiple platforms without issues. Record and schedule a call easily. The multiplatform chat is also great and useful. The exported audio is high quality.

Cons

If you don't have a dedicated USB mic on a laptop, get ready to struggle with the audio configuration. Delays, audio cut offs, robotic voice, you know how it is. Most guests had a very painful experience getting everything to work on the actual video call. At first, the issue was only with a few guests using a phone, but then the issues were constant even with guests using a laptop with headphones. Don't bother with their support, you are better off using Zoom.

Yann I.

Used other for 6-12 months

A straightforward way to go live on multiple social media platforms at the same time

Pros

In my opinion, of all the things Restream does, the one I like the most is helping creators leverage live streaming to grow their audience and influence. I really like the fact that I can reach people on different platforms (already 30 platforms with the free plan!), and I can do so from a single dashboard. Restream's approach is relatively intuitive, so you'll be able to leverage it even if you...

Cons

As someone who's managing a Facebook group, I know that I won't be able to use Restream to add my Facebook business page and group to the list of platforms I can multistream to unless I'm ready to go for a Restream premium plan. Granted, this isn't the end of the world, by no mean, but I think that, when it comes to impacting and growing my audience, I would like to start from my existing one – and, in my case, my Facebook group would be a the top of the list.

Jesse S.

Online Media, self-employed

Build a Community Across Multiple Platforms!

Having streamed to one platform exclusively for about a year (some time ago), I wanted to try other sites without leaving the original platform behind. Due to Restream's extensive features, I was able to not only stream to multiple platforms but grow a community across them all. It extended my reach in ways I wouldn't have otherwise considered and has changed the way I look at streaming entirely!

Pros

The chat features really make Restream a standout product. Connecting viewers across multiple sites enables me to build a community that transcends any one streaming platform, and for that I am grateful! There's several options for how you want to accomplish this too, which gives you a great deal of control.

Cons

It can take a while for new platforms to be fully integrated, especially chat features. That said, Restream still seems to get that accomplished faster than other services. There are occasional hiccups with individual platforms, but they're typically due to a change on the platform in question that hasn't been fully rolled out or documented. Even then, Restream is quick to address these issues!

KM

Kenny M.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Used other for less than 6 months

Branded comments on a paid-for tier? No thanks!

I set up restream to multicast our church services. The original setup was easy and straightforward. However once we started using the service we noticed that they were branding our video comments with their brnad name. Only by paying for a much more expensive tier can you stop this. Since we do not wish to show any commercial affiliation in our broadcasts we found this unacceptable and had to move to Castr.io

Pros

It was easy to set up and use, and was natively supported by our streaming system.

Cons

We had to abandon Restream when we realised that they add their own name to your video comments. That can only be removed by paying for a much more expsive tier. Other streaming services are cheaper, more responsive and do not brand your comments.

Hi Kenny! We're deeply sorry that you had a poor experience with our Standard plan and the branding options. We're hearing all the feedback, and are considering some major changes to the pricing structure so users like yourself could receive the best possible experience. Meanwhile, I'd be more than pleased to reach out to you personally and think about the ways how we could fix this. I'd be able to share something really great with you. Best, Victor

KM

Karel M.

Computer Software, self-employed

My Restream Review

I would highly recommend to streamers who are trying to build a community across different social channels.

Pros

I love this software because of its ability to live stream to multiple channels at once as well as having multiple chats open. I have only really used the basic version of this software but I am thinking about upgrading to the other versions that offer more features.

Cons

I do not have any real issues with the software as it is one of the few that allows a user to stream to multiple channels at once.

JS

Jack S.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

It helps get more viewers and engagement live when you know how to use it!

Great app, with great potential that keep shining and let people have a could based studio!

Pros

Restream will make you win the world by engaging with your audience! Brand your own channel with graphics, color, background, and lower third. Give it a trial on their free version and see if it fit you!

Cons

The con was that their link was appearing on all stream and you supposed to remove it manually!

PD

Peter D.

Design, self-employed

Restream allows you to stream your video feed and simultaneously air it on different channels. T

Pros

With Restream, you can stream to multiple channels at once and enjoy a live studio audience. The scheduling of videos is also very convenient- it's like they're prerecorded!

Cons

inerating pricing and the user experience could be improved. A companion app would make it even better! The website itself works well enough on mobile devices but does look pretty cramped because of its layout which can lead you into confusion when trying navigate between different pages or check out orders quickly near your location .

RS

Roberto S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Multi-platform Video Streaming Service

Restream is an easy to use yet robust video streaming platform.

Pros

The initial set up very easy. Connecting our Facebook & YouTube accounts. It is also very easy to teach others, especially volunteers.

Cons

We did experience some disconnects & issues uploading prerecorded videos at the beginning, but they seem to have been fixed.

Broadcast Media, 11-50 employees

Restream review

I have enjoyed it since I returned to it once again.

Pros

The Livestudio framework they offer is a straightforward yet highlight rich framework to have the option to do live and recorded recordings. It additionally permits you to transfer prerecorded recordings as a component of a live stream. what likewise makes it marvelous is that, it permits you to stream to various stages at no expense.

Cons

The nature of the livestream video is exceptionally subject to your own transmission capacity so regardless of whether utilizing it's anything but a recorded video, the quality isn't great, so it can't be utilized to make quality disconnected recordings, which it ought to have the option to. I dont like that the nearby recordings you transfer to stream live in reality actually come from your own machine and not from their worker despite the fact that it has been transferred, this implies that you are as yet restricted by your own transmission capacity. Contenders get round this by permitting any transferred recordings in excess of a couple of hours old to stream from their workers

JB

John B.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Streamer Review

Highly enjoyed the experience. Although the chatbot is a hit or miss for me, thats not to say that the idea and ability to expand the brand and expand into collecting as much data as possible his such a huge up in my overall experience. You also get paid versions in the software which I haven't used but definitely doesn't hurt to see what those offer.

Pros

you have the opportunity to expand your brand and collect as much data as possible. With Restream having the ability to stream to multiple platforms at the exact same time even on the free version is such a good move for creators who are growing and or expanding the waters in other platforms. Your having the chance to collect data on growing doing comparison from one site to another. All of this at the exact same time.

Cons

The chatbot is sometimes just a hit or miss for me. I could be doing something wrong, I wish it was more of a nicer config to customize things but wish the chatbot could be more easily usable.

JT

Joshua T.

Arts and Crafts, self-employed

Live Streaming Essential! 🏆

Restream has allowed me to connect multiple Live Streaming accounts to one central, affordable and user friendly platform. It will be hugely beneficial in helping me to grow my business as a Live Streamer and connect with a wider community. The customer service they provide has been incredible so far - they even helped me choose the best broadcasting software for my needs. I thoroughly recommend Restream for anyone looking to get started with Live Streaming or to expand into new platforms. It is an incredible tool for the modern streamer!

Pros

Restream is a fantastic option for linking multiple live streaming platforms together. By giving their users the option to stream to different websites simultaneously, Restream enables the user the maximize their reach and integrate different platforms in a way that wasn't possible before. Added to that, whilst there is a premium option for power users, many of the advanced features are completely...

Cons

Given that I'm still new to Live Streaming, I'm yet to formulate a complete picture of everything I need to ensure my Live Streams are operating at the optimum capacity. My early impressions of Restream have been extremely positive and they already offer more options than I currently need. As such, I don't have any negatives to note here. Restream does what it says on the tin and executes it with aplomb!

eb

elias b.

Retail, 5,001-10,000 employees

restream quality

its helped me build my brand further which I'm thankful for but maintaining 3 different stream formats is difficult. such as mods subscriptions and gifts. other than that it does what it's intended to do.

Pros

the ability to unify people across many platforms and give them the chance to experience the stream service you provide. being able to reach a larger demographic is fantastic for brand building

Cons

the fact that its spread across many platforms even with the chat system in place I won't be able to recognise what viewers are from what platform, and veiwers will also be confused to whose questions I'm answering and chat systems provide a human connection that is what people mainly join in on a stream for otherwise they will go watch a pre-made video on youtube. so perhaps a way to show where people are from, and some banners or links for people to use the restream chat and communicate over the many platforms along with me. similar to discord or whatsapp, but for all people in a stream.

sb

sebastian b.

Broadcast Media, self-employed

Multi-streaming at it's finest

Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about Restream. What restream was designed to do does it so well. When first starting on the website everything is clean and easy to locate. It is beginner and user friendly, it's far from overwhelming. And again the convenience to stream on multiple platforms is a dream come true for those that want to.

Pros

Restream gives you the opportunity to stream on multiple platforms with ease. My favorite thing about restream is that they give you the opportunity to test other streaming platforms all at once. For example, at one point I considered to stream on Youtube and so I did with two other platforms all at once. Turns out I didn't find Youtube being the right choice for me. I'm glad that I was able to find out that a certain platform was not for me with out setting aside the other platforms I have worked on.

Cons

I don't have any complaints with restream, they have updates every so often. My only issue that I have EVER had was Restream's Chat and a couple of times I had trouble reconnecting platforms with restream and these platforms would disconnect on their own. But again with updates it was all resolved.

CC

Chris C.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 10,001+ employees

Multi Streaming Done Right!

Overall it’s been excellent and I wish I had started using it sooner!

Pros

Streaming to multiple platforms is already great, but the best part is compiling all the chats in one tool so I don’t need to monitor several web pages at once! Then having the option for chats from one channel to be posted to the others is another great addition that makes the experience more cohesive

Cons

There’s not a lot to complain about. One thing I would change is being able to post separate messages to the different social media channels since some might benefit from hashtags or @ mentions that the others might not. Additionally, the transcoding is a bit too expensive to be practical. At least for small streamers

XC

Xi C.

Computer Games, self-employed

The Best Way to Stream!

Having used Restream for over two years, Restream let me grow two significant audiences on Twitch and YouTube rather than one. It's been excellent!

Pros

The ability to stream to major and smaller platforms with ease! This allows me to access a larger possible audience without having to pick and dedicate myself to one. Additionally, it allows me to interact with them through the multi-platform chat and have more in-depth and useful statistics.

Cons

Some functions have had issues and it hasn't been the smoothest experience. For a time the stream dropped frames from Restream and sometimes Restream chat can't keep up. Thankfully, support fixes these quickly once the issue is raised!

MS

Mark S.

The best of the Streaming World

As a standard gaming/streamer, I will say that restream has given me the opportunity to get to the maximum audience, and the fact that they do try to make sure each source works (even when it's unsuccessful) consistently, makes them a "Must" use if you're a personal or professional streamer in the internet world.

Pros

Basically, if you are a streamer of any sort, and you want to reach out as far as you can, Restreram.io is definitely the software for you. Easy to set up, easy to adapt and reach out to as many platforms as possible.

Cons

The chat windows are not the most intuitive, so making sure your chat is up and running with a stream site that may / may not have API is not a sure thing. Losing a stream source may not become immediately noticeable, unless you're looking into the dashboard indepth.

AM

Alex M.

Entertainment, self-employed

Restream - for the streamer who doesn't want to settle

I use Restream to direct my live video to multiple platforms. I use it to stream onto Twitch, Mixer and DLive at the same time.

Pros

Restream offers livestreamers the ability to direct their stream to multiple platforms directly from their streaming software. It is simple to use, easy to setup with your software and offers many platforms for users to stream to, and keeping the list updated with new platforms as they become available.

Cons

Considering it is free, the feature set is great. However, I would like the option to easily be able to create accounts and setup restream through the non-english streaming platforms it offers. As someone who only speaks english but would like to connect with those on Chinese/Korean streaming platforms, this does pose a difficulty for me. It would be a great feature for Restream to offer easy account setup on these platforms to use with Restream.

SC

Stephen C.

Computer Games, self-employed

Easy to setup and use

I found Restream very easy to setup, there are guides if needed but you can quickly get this setup for xSplit or OBS. I'm currently using restream to send my stream to mixer, twitch, smashcast and dlive without any problems.

Pros

Easy to setup, able to change the game and title for most services from the dashboard. Able to connect social media accounts and send a message when you go live. Ability to stream to a large number of services.

Cons

Adds a little to the stream delay. Can only stream to multiple channels on the same service if you pay (use to be free)

JH

Jon H.

Restream is the Best

I have only great things to say about Restream. The pros of the product so outweigh the cons that the cons actually become fairly irrelevant

Pros

I use Restream to broadcast my livestreams to 4 different platforms. Its easy to set up and simple. The combined chat feature and Chat Bot put all my viewers comments into a single chat window so I don't have to have multiple stream chats open to catch everyone's messages.

Cons

Streaming to my Facebook Page costs $$ but streaming to my personal page doesn't.

ZB

Zechariah B.

Broadcast Media, 1-10 employees

Restream has helped me more then anything!

What i guess i explained some it in the paragraphs above. But it just really has been one of the most helpful tools ive used wvery since i started streaming. Between the ease of use, the ability to help my platform grow by streaming through multiple platforms. Even the chat has made ot easy for me to keep up with everybody. I have been able to have more confidence in my stream and feel more successful juzt with being able to do more with such ease.

Pros

When i first found out. I really just was blown away with the ease of use. And the abilities of the platform. But then as i set it up. I realized you could even chose titles and games and just instantly fell in love. It has safed me SO much time when starting a stream. Especially seeming i stream to 4 platforms.

Cons

What i liked least was at first some things arent explained. But i just figures it out. Like if your doing all title and game uaing the overall part. It only has a few specific games. So i have to go in and individually change the games. And that kinda defeats the purpose of it being "quicker". Also within Restream chat it wont pick up Facebook.p Probably harder to do but i end up missing people because im paying attention to my restream messenger.

CK

Chad K.

Computer Software, self-employed

Restream IO

Awesome service, very reliable, not to difficult to use. Allows users to stream to multiple platforms simultaneously.

Pros

Multi platform streaming simultaneously with one outgoing feed from your system. Compatible with twitch , YouTube, Facebook, and just about everything you can think of.

Cons

Difficult for lower level computer users to use as it requires a bit of navigation and linking of accounts through ip addresses.

DR

Derek R.

Entertainment, 11-50 employees

A must if you do live streams

I use it on a weekly basis for Podcasts, Live streams and to record interviews. Restream is a great app.

Pros

Functionality is great. The ease of use to invite guests and the amount of simultaneous channels you can stream on is almost perfect. To be able to save videos on the cloud before publishing on any channel is great to manage your content.

Cons

Instagram is not a channel supported, but that's because of IG, not Restream.

JG

Jason G.

Online Media, self-employed

Restream makes the impossible possible.

I haven't needed to interact with support or sales since it just works and everything is there. As soon as I can budget & and the next sale (Like the Halloween sale) happens, I'll upgrade to include FB pages.

Pros

I do not have the bandwidth to stream to multiple services, nor the hardware to do so. They solve both of these problems easily and more. My latency is better since their servers are less congested than some of the other providers. Also, having a single point for all the communication from my fans and followers is fantastic.

Cons

I would like to stream for free to my facebook page as well, as it has many times the followers as my actual Facebook account. But I am considering upgrading as soon as I can to support their service.