All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

Restream Reviews

Pros

I have been extremely satisfied with Restream as it provides a SUPER EASY WAY to split your stream. The software is ultra easy to use and has great instructions.

Keith V.

Read the full review
Restream pretty much streams most websites even some of the unpopular ones/little known ones. It's so amazing and it literally makes me happy.

Ray W.

Read the full review
The only thing that I liked about Restream was the free trial that was given to me for 30 days. Other than that its not worth the money at all to extend or do monthly.

ANTHONY S.

Read the full review

Cons

Sure there are also things that your software can't influence but if twitch is delayed by 10 seconds and youtube by 40 i doubt that its just youtubes worse servers.

Christian S.

Read the full review
I solve this problem by replying from my discord channel as much as possible though.

Thomas F.

Jacobo R.

Read the full review

This product solved my bandwidthproblem

Intuitive Live Streaming Platform

Overall I really like Restream and their customer support when talking to the right people is very good. They could do with being more on the ball with what their competitors offer as I think they were ahead of the game initially but are missing features that others are now offering which makes them not the leader like they think they are. This comes across a little in their customer support at times.

Pros

1. The Livestudio system they offer is a very simple yet feature rich system to be able to do live and recorded videos. It also allows you to stream prerecorded videos as part of a live stream. 2. The Scheduling system to stream pre-recorded videos is great to ensure mitigate any risks in your own internet going down during important video streams.

Cons

1. The quality of the livestream video is very dependent on your own bandwidth so even if using it for making a recorded video, the quality is not as good as it could be, so it can't be used to make quality offline videos, which it should be able to. I dont like that the local videos you upload to stream live actually still come from your own machine and not from their server even though it has been...

The software you need to be seen!

Over 2+ years Restream has allowed me to build a positive and interactive community across the internet and has expanded my audience and friendships along the way, if it wasn't for restream then I don't think I would be where I am today.

Pros

I like that Restream allows me to showcase my work across all the platforms that are important to me. I can share my designs and games with the people I love around the world because Restream exists. I feel like the UI is easy to understand, intuitive and functional, and the servers are typically well maintained.

Cons

I experience occasional disconnects from the server side but this could also be a problem with the platform being connected to.

Multistreaming Becomes a Breeze

Restream made it that much easier to get our multiple weekly livestreams out onto social media and streaming platforms. We're grateful for the capabilities of the software and how smoothly things go with Restream.

Pros

Restream really makes streaming that much easier for the user. This program allows you to broadcast a livestreamed event simultaneously to multiple platforms via their platform. This makes it possible to reach a much wider audience through the use of multiple livestream platforms. Restream has excellent integration capabilities with other broadcast software (our preference) or allows users to stream via the Restream Studio website. Interactions with viewers can be managed through the Restream comments tab. Setting up streams, switching streams, and publishing streams is truly a breeze. The experience is worth the money and makes our streaming setup much less work.

Cons

There are still a few kinks that need to be worked out in continuity. For instance, updating the names of your livestreams on the Restream Studio website does not always update the stream names in other places where Restream is used (broadcast software, for instance). Regardless, this does not severely limit the usability of the program and is a minor con.

Restream is alright but falling behind

Restream.io worked as advertised 99% of time. However, for what it offered, the price was just worth the value of continuing with their service.

Pros

Easy to get up and started, offering stability to maintain livestreaming onto multiple platforms.

Cons

The cost are ridiculously higher to use in comparison to its competitors.

Free multi platform streaming solution

As a free service to multi streaming, I would say that Restream does the job just fine. It's not the best service out there but if like me, you don't have the budget to invest another 10$ a month for a multi streaming option, then Restream is the way to go. Also note that they have one of a kind, very rare technical service. I honestly haven't seen a chat support that helpful elsewhere. Restream might not be the best option but their technical service sure compensate for that downside!

Pros

- Allows you to stream to most known platforms at the same time, free of charge - Great Recap/report of your latest stream through email - Top of the chart technical support - Relatively easy to set up through OBS and well known streaming platforms like Twitch and Mixer

Cons

- Depending on where you are, unstable internet connexion to their servers, causing drop frames and lost packages (might need a specific tool that can't be found on their website) - Some streaming platform access might get blocked once in a while... - No facebook Public page stream with the free version - Chat bot can be a mess sometimes and stop working randomly. Never found out how to log out of the Restream chat application. - Very hard to configure with Facebook public pages and Youtube gaming.

Easy to use with great features

I like it, I've been using it for a long, long time and I really like this product

Pros

It's an amazing tool for simulcasting, easy to use and powerful tools and features like metrics, video embed, and others.

Cons

Lack of options while working with scheduled Facebook live streamings. You can't add the chat to their multiple chat service. Also, I HATE THE BRANDING ADDED TO THE STREAMS, even when you are paying for the service. I really find it annoying.

An extremely useful streaming tool!

Pros

This software is a great way to split your LIVE STREAM among many different streaming services!

Cons

If you are partnered or affiliated with Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, etc... you are REQUIRED to stream exclusively to that service.

Stream to multiple platforms with ease

It has worked flawlessly. It has given us no problems at all. I love this program.

Pros

I loved the price and the ease of use. I can just set it up one time if I want and it works and integrates with any streaming software/hardware.

Cons

I think there can be more features. I'd like to do some slightly different type messages and templates in my stream. I don't like that it puts the "powered by restream" on all my streams. I think the Title and message areas could be easier to edit. Like have a date that changes every week, or a message with rules that you can apply. Maybe some kind of help in that area. I don't like editing my Title every week.

Great Software

Highly recommended to companies that stream often. For the casual user, I didn’t find the cost justifiable.

Pros

The user interface was easy to use and navigate. Streaming and RTMP was easy to connect and the streaming quality was great. I used it with OBS and it worked great. Compared to other software, this worked the best!

Cons

For me I’m a casual user, maybe a couple times per month, so the cost wasn’t justifiable for my company. The biggest issue for me though was the chat interface, it looked cheap and way too off brand for me.

The best Multistream Service

I'm happy with Restream, with my 2 years using stream, I only experience one issue with them. The issue was, I have a good internet connection, but it seems my ISP connection and Restream having an issue. Support was able to help me by giving me access to the beta feature of Stream Applifier which helps resolve the issue. So all in all, I have a great experience with Restream, I just wish they be more flexible in providing add-on features for a non-profit that need failsafe stream backup without subscribing to their $299/mo package.

Pros

Restream is a feature pack multistream service out there. It is also the easiest UI/UX to understand. Even if it's your first time accessing Restream, you'll immediately be able to set up your account. What I love the most is the unified chat integration and the bot that comes with it. You can live stream on YouTube and Facebook and see all the chat's in one place. The bot helps sends out a series of chats at a predetermined time. For example, you can setup that when you type !Subs, the bot will chat, "Don't forget to subscribe" and have it send every 30mins. Stream recording is a bonus as well, it lets me download past live stream episodes for archiving purposes.

Cons

What I don't like about Restream is, even if you paid $19/mo they will put a "Powered by Restream.io" on your live stream description/caption. Streaming for 3 concurrent channels will also force you to upgrade at $49/month which is a bit expensive.

The only way to stream

It's been on the whole a positive experience. I have recommended restream to friends, collegues, and discussed it with peers. (MattPat of Game Theory was unaware of the service before I brought it up with him) I'll be using it for the foreseeable future too. Restream is fantastic even as just a manager for triggering social media awareness, chat integration and platform management, it's original (or...

Pros

Sending my OBS signal directly through restream is currently my primary method for streaming. It ensures that I'm sending the right info to the right platform, and the correct bitrate/other encoding requirements. These days I don't stream on multi platform so much as I use it to easily switch between platforms for different streams. For art streams, I need to use picarto, but for gaming streams I use twitch. And for other stuff, I have used youtube as well. The chat client in particular is fantastic for integrating into my streams. I can use the browser source to display chat in obs, and the desktop app to keep an eye on the chat on another monitor.

Cons

I'm often logged out for reasons I'm not sure of, I have to close OBS to change the platforms I broadcast to (even if I'm not yet live). The chat client doesn't play nice with some of twitchs features (scripts, bots etc) and sometimes stops updating mid stream. Because this happens in both OBS browser chat and the desktop app, I still keep a window of the native chat client to the platform I'm using open, in case I suddenly can't see what the chat is saying.

The Only Way To Stream

I do Live Shows and Chats with my audience and get thousands more viewers on multiple platforms than if I used just Youtube Live or Twitch or even FB Live. Its an event when I go live with Restream, something that people look forward to. In the age of IGTV (which I hope gets integrated at some stage) and IG Stories, people are going live all the time and its not the event it used to be. Being able to contact the streamer, comment and the facility I have employed which puts the fans comments on screen as part of the conversation across multiple platforms is the only way to live stream; and its really easy. I recommend it to everyone. :)

Pros

This software is easy to use and Ive been using it for a while. There are constant improvements and updates and the features make setting up a solid, full featured stream really easy. I stream on 4 platform at once and have loads of viewers comment live. Using the amazing integrated chat stream I can monitor and reply to commenters from all four platforms, live! It also has Discord chat integration...

Cons

In the beginning (maybe 2016?) there was a problem with the bitrate for streaming to Periscope and you had to pay extra for Facebook, which had an overly complicated Live Event setup that rarely worked without issue; and I thought that was all a bit of a jip! But with my big boy pants on and figuring out and experimenting with my streaming settings; I now have a seamless and easily initiated stream, all video works properly and the Facebook setup is now super easy and integrated and well worth the extra few bucks!

Build a Community Across Multiple Platforms!

Having streamed to one platform exclusively for about a year (some time ago), I wanted to try other sites without leaving the original platform behind. Due to Restream's extensive features, I was able to not only stream to multiple platforms but grow a community across them all. It extended my reach in ways I wouldn't have otherwise considered and has changed the way I look at streaming entirely!

Pros

The chat features really make Restream a standout product. Connecting viewers across multiple sites enables me to build a community that transcends any one streaming platform, and for that I am grateful! There's several options for how you want to accomplish this too, which gives you a great deal of control.

Cons

It can take a while for new platforms to be fully integrated, especially chat features. That said, Restream still seems to get that accomplished faster than other services. There are occasional hiccups with individual platforms, but they're typically due to a change on the platform in question that hasn't been fully rolled out or documented. Even then, Restream is quick to address these issues!

One Happy Streamer

As stated above, Restream has helped me solve my issue of transferring my audience to a new platform. It would have been difficult, if not impossible to do it before, but Restream makes it possible for me to reach both audiences at once. Even after I make the switch, I'll probably keep using Restream because of the built in notifications and occasional sponsored streams that are offered to users.

Pros

I like the ability to bring my two audiences together. I've streamed on YouTube for almost 2 years now off and on, and have become increasingly displeased with the direction their site is going in terms of streaming. I've been trying to transfer my audience over to Twitch instead, and Restream has made that transition smooth as butter. I'm able to still reach my fans on YouTube, encouraging them to come join us on Twitch, while at the same time marketing to a new audience and growing my channel on Twitch.

Cons

There have been a few bugs, mostly with the chat client either logging me out, not properly displaying the number of viewers, or the bot not transferring messages at times, but it has been a mostly positive experience. I've only had these issues about 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months or so I've been using Restream.

Restream, awesome tool for better streams, for growing a bigger audience with some smaller bugs

Besides minor bugs, Restream is an ingenious product. I hope you can understand my Review of Restream, iam not really good in writing reviews in english

Pros

The best thing about the software is that you can stream across multiple platforms simultaneously without uploading to multiple servers. Restream is easy to use and I would say "idiots safe".

Cons

Strangely enough Restream tells me that the server in England (London) is better for streaming than the one in Frankfurt. OBS and Steam always recommend Frankfurt for download and uploads. But that's just a small thing. The bigger problem are the smaller bugs. Restream Chat sometimes doesn't send my messages as a streamer, sometimes it says "Reload again" and I have to wait a while. It happens that...

Streamer Review

Highly enjoyed the experience. Although the chatbot is a hit or miss for me, thats not to say that the idea and ability to expand the brand and expand into collecting as much data as possible his such a huge up in my overall experience. You also get paid versions in the software which I haven't used but definitely doesn't hurt to see what those offer.

Pros

you have the opportunity to expand your brand and collect as much data as possible. With Restream having the ability to stream to multiple platforms at the exact same time even on the free version is such a good move for creators who are growing and or expanding the waters in other platforms. Your having the chance to collect data on growing doing comparison from one site to another. All of this at the exact same time.

Cons

The chatbot is sometimes just a hit or miss for me. I could be doing something wrong, I wish it was more of a nicer config to customize things but wish the chatbot could be more easily usable.

Long-time Restream User

I originally began using Restream back in 2016 or 2017 because I thought livestreaming to multiple platforms would greatly increase the odds of my livestream becoming what I would consider a success. I was wrong about that, but it's not Restream's fault! 😉

Pros

Restream has allowed me to livestream to both my YouTube channel and my Twitch channel at the same time, which has several benefits to me: • I don't have to remember export Twitch archives to YouTube before they are automatically deleted. • If someone on Twitch is having internet connection problems, they can go to the YouTube livestream and take advantage of YT's transcoding. Twitch does have this...

Cons

I don't really have any complaints. Just keep on being amazing!

Live Streaming Essential! 🏆

Restream has allowed me to connect multiple Live Streaming accounts to one central, affordable and user friendly platform. It will be hugely beneficial in helping me to grow my business as a Live Streamer and connect with a wider community. The customer service they provide has been incredible so far - they even helped me choose the best broadcasting software for my needs. I thoroughly recommend Restream for anyone looking to get started with Live Streaming or to expand into new platforms. It is an incredible tool for the modern streamer!

Pros

Restream is a fantastic option for linking multiple live streaming platforms together. By giving their users the option to stream to different websites simultaneously, Restream enables the user the maximize their reach and integrate different platforms in a way that wasn't possible before. Added to that, whilst there is a premium option for power users, many of the advanced features are completely...

Cons

Given that I'm still new to Live Streaming, I'm yet to formulate a complete picture of everything I need to ensure my Live Streams are operating at the optimum capacity. My early impressions of Restream have been extremely positive and they already offer more options than I currently need. As such, I don't have any negatives to note here. Restream does what it says on the tin and executes it with aplomb!

I love Restream!

Since I have discovered Restream, my streams have become much more active with people coming from all over. My YouTube channel, My Twitch channel and my Mixer channel. If I don't particularly have a lot of activity on my YouTube Streams, Twitch and Mixer make up for it. It took me a while to get used to using Restream but once I got the basics I have a blast every time! Restream has also introduced FTL servers for streaming meaning real time interactions with all of my streams!

Pros

The fact that this software is free of use to everyone is amazing! You can stream to pretty much every streaming platform you can think of at the same time. Simple to set up and Restream has cool features like Restream Bot, their own Restream Chat which connects all the streaming platforms into one chat and much more. Restream has also introduced FTL servers for streaming meaning real-time interactions with all of my streams!

Cons

Some of the features need polishing. For example, I have to restart my Restream Chat every now and then because the messages don't show up. Restream doesn't really have a lot of chose of games to update your streams in one, but rather having to go to each individual stream and change the game manually.

A must have for streamers

The Restream platform (channels, comments, monitor, etc.) has greatly consolidated two major things for us: The steps needed to go live, and the number of browser tabs needed to maintain quality of service. Hands down, I would recommend Restream.

Pros

Restream was a game changing for us. We specialize in live, weather coverage. Sometimes that means unplanned, time-sensitive, storm coverage. Restream allows us to go live to all of our platforms quicker than any other platform we've ever used. Restream allows us to go live to many platforms with few clicks. With Restream, we go live to multiple platforms with less clicks than it would take to manually go live on Facebook alone. If you're not using Restream, you're doing it wrong.

Cons

The team at Restream seems to always be innovating and trying to stay up-to-date with the latest each platform has to offer. Naturally I assume they're restrained by available API access to those platforms, which isn't their fault. I wish I could do a few more things, such as giving my Facebook streams different video names and post descriptions. I also wish I could use Restream to control the crossposting opportunities seen natively on Facebook.

The best rebroadcast service on the market

We’ve been using this service since we wanted to broadcast on all platforms, but we tried creating our own software based on Wowza but it never worked, thanks to ReStream we now, got an audience all around the world on all platforms

Pros

The service is online and required only the RTMP URL to be modified in the broadcast software (original source) then all happens on the dashboard it’s so easy !

Cons

The Chat Software implemented in the Web Service got few issues but I think they will resolve this later.

restream quality

its helped me build my brand further which I'm thankful for but maintaining 3 different stream formats is difficult. such as mods subscriptions and gifts. other than that it does what it's intended to do.

Pros

the ability to unify people across many platforms and give them the chance to experience the stream service you provide. being able to reach a larger demographic is fantastic for brand building

Cons

the fact that its spread across many platforms even with the chat system in place I won't be able to recognise what viewers are from what platform, and veiwers will also be confused to whose questions I'm answering and chat systems provide a human connection that is what people mainly join in on a stream for otherwise they will go watch a pre-made video on youtube. so perhaps a way to show where people are from, and some banners or links for people to use the restream chat and communicate over the many platforms along with me. similar to discord or whatsapp, but for all people in a stream.

Overview of Restream

Like I said in my pros about the service, I use it every time I stream. I stream either everyday or every other day and I have had no problems at all connecting to a stable server for any platform I wish to stream on.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use. Even somebody brand new to streaming can navigate their simplistic menu and add their channels to the service to be able to use it. They’ve even added automatic chat pop ups for when you go live using obs studio so you don’t have to manually open them! I use Restream every time I stream because it’s extremely reliable and allows me to stream on multiple platforms without overloading my pc.

Cons

Honestly there’s not anything to dislike about the service.. if you don’t like it then that means you just had a different service preference or something.

Everything I look for in software as a service

Excellent overall experience. For a while I didn't feel a need to stream on multiple platforms, but then they came out with Restream Studio, and that brought be back. I tried other platforms, but the guests couldn't figure them out. Studio was an extremely successful extension of an already excellent service.

Pros

1/ You can stream on multiple platforms as promised, and it's extremely interview-friendly. 2/ With very little knowledge, anybody can have access to a larger audience. 3/ They added guest management system that makes it ridiculously easy to do interviews. I've never had a single guest fail to connect from any platform. This is important to me because my guests are not tech savvy.

Cons

Understanding how to aggregate chat is hard. Just need some better documentation, but it can certainly be done.

Multi-streaming at it's finest

Honestly I have nothing but good things to say about Restream. What restream was designed to do does it so well. When first starting on the website everything is clean and easy to locate. It is beginner and user friendly, it's far from overwhelming. And again the convenience to stream on multiple platforms is a dream come true for those that want to.

Pros

Restream gives you the opportunity to stream on multiple platforms with ease. My favorite thing about restream is that they give you the opportunity to test other streaming platforms all at once. For example, at one point I considered to stream on Youtube and so I did with two other platforms all at once. Turns out I didn't find Youtube being the right choice for me. I'm glad that I was able to find out that a certain platform was not for me with out setting aside the other platforms I have worked on.

Cons

I don't have any complaints with restream, they have updates every so often. My only issue that I have EVER had was Restream's Chat and a couple of times I had trouble reconnecting platforms with restream and these platforms would disconnect on their own. But again with updates it was all resolved.

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.