Restream Reviews

Restream

Webinar and video streaming management solution

4.67/5 (160 reviews)

Pros
  • I have been extremely satisfied with Restream as it provides a SUPER EASY WAY to split your stream. The software is ultra easy to use and has great instructions.Keith V.Read the full review
  • Restream pretty much streams most websites even some of the unpopular ones/little known ones. It's so amazing and it literally makes me happy.Ray W.Read the full review
  • I like that Restream allows me to showcase my work across all the platforms that are important to me. I can share my designs and games with the people I love around the world because Restream exists.Austin G.Read the full review
Cons
  • Sure there are also things that your software can't influence but if twitch is delayed by 10 seconds and youtube by 40 i doubt that its just youtubes worse servers.Christian S.Read the full review
  • I solve this problem by replying from my discord channel as much as possible though.Thomas F.Read the full review
  • You can't add the chat to their multiple chat service. Also, I HATE THE BRANDING ADDED TO THE STREAMS, even when you are paying for the service.Jacobo R.Read the full review
recommended this to a friend or a colleague
Tanager Washington

Go Restream Go!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Overall... We love restream! 3 years running and to date... Its what the gaming community needed! Thank you so much for everything. ~T1C3

Pros
The update all title option. This feature as a creator, is one less window and step that i have to implement before every stream. Networking: Allows me to have a presence on multiple platforms, and target the ones that enjoys my content and also opens new doors and opportunities i would gave never found on my own. Community: New faces and new ideas! Restream shines a light on us, that allows creators to deliever feedback, suggestions of implementations, and helping anyone in the community to enjoy gaming more effectively

Cons
The update all game title option. Though the community voted and agreed to have such feature implemented... we never expected it to be for the top industry games, that most of us try to run away from... This feature as it stands takes creators back a step. Back to repeating game entries over and over again Suggestion: make it edit-able rather select. If the demand for games is too high.

Jesse Sikes

Build a Community Across Multiple Platforms!

Reviewed 2019-11-12

Having streamed to one platform exclusively for about a year (some time ago), I wanted to try other sites without leaving the original platform behind. Due to Restream's extensive features, I was able to not only stream to multiple platforms but grow a community across them all. It extended my reach in ways I wouldn't have otherwise considered and has changed the way I look at streaming entirely!

Pros
The chat features really make Restream a standout product. Connecting viewers across multiple sites enables me to build a community that transcends any one streaming platform, and for that I am grateful! There's several options for how you want to accomplish this too, which gives you a great deal of control.

Cons
It can take a while for new platforms to be fully integrated, especially chat features. That said, Restream still seems to get that accomplished faster than other services. There are occasional hiccups with individual platforms, but they're typically due to a change on the platform in question that hasn't been fully rolled out or documented. Even then, Restream is quick to address these issues!

Joshua Turvey

Live Streaming Essential! 🏆

Reviewed 2019-11-27

Restream has allowed me to connect multiple Live Streaming accounts to one central, affordable and user friendly platform. It will be hugely beneficial in helping me to grow my business as a Live Streamer and connect with a wider community. The customer service they provide has been incredible so far - they even helped me choose the best broadcasting software for my needs. I thoroughly recommend Restream for anyone looking to get started with Live Streaming or to expand into new platforms. It is an incredible tool for the modern streamer!

Pros
Restream is a fantastic option for linking multiple live streaming platforms together. By giving their users the option to stream to different websites simultaneously, Restream enables the user the maximize their reach and integrate different platforms in a way that wasn't possible before. Added to that, whilst there is a premium option for power users, many of the advanced features are completely FREE! Some of my favourite features include: - The ease of setup and the efficiency in connecting/linking multiple accounts such as (YouTube, Twitch & Facebook). - The incredible support they offer on their website - The seamless integration with Open Broadcast Software (OBS) - The analytics they provide as well as the report they email to you after the live stream. - Restream Chat. This app is available for free. It enables the user to connect the chats/comments from different platforms so that you can see and respond to all the comments from one place!

Cons
Given that I'm still new to Live Streaming, I'm yet to formulate a complete picture of everything I need to ensure my Live Streams are operating at the optimum capacity. My early impressions of Restream have been extremely positive and they already offer more options than I currently need. As such, I don't have any negatives to note here. Restream does what it says on the tin and executes it with aplomb!

Arjay Jalmaani

Restream is alright but falling behind

Reviewed 2020-02-01

Restream.io worked as advertised 99% of time. However, for what it offered, the price was just worth the value of continuing with their service.

Pros
Easy to get up and started, offering stability to maintain livestreaming onto multiple platforms.

Cons
The cost are ridiculously higher to use in comparison to its competitors.

Likelihood to recommend: 0/10

Jacobo Ramos García

Easy to use with great features

Reviewed 2020-01-22

I like it, I've been using it for a long, long time and I really like this product

Pros
It's an amazing tool for simulcasting, easy to use and powerful tools and features like metrics, video embed, and others.

Cons
Lack of options while working with scheduled Facebook live streamings. You can't add the chat to their multiple chat service. Also, I HATE THE BRANDING ADDED TO THE STREAMS, even when you are paying for the service. I really find it annoying.

Keith Valdez

An extremely useful streaming tool!

Used occasionally for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-11-12

Pros
This software is a great way to split your LIVE STREAM among many different streaming services!

Cons
If you are partnered or affiliated with Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, etc... you are REQUIRED to stream exclusively to that service.

rene rodriguez

Easy solution to multi casting your stream onto other platforms

Reviewed 2019-12-06

being able to quickly and easily stream on youtube, twitch, and mixer has helped me open up my audience and experience growth in my streams.

Pros
being able to quickly link other accounts and broadcast your stream to other platforms and the ability to do promotional material to gain money by streaming certain games.

Cons
customer support on restream is lacking greatly and their chatbox system can be worked on to be more robust.

Anonymous

Solves the Problem of Streaming to Multiple Sites at Once

Reviewed 2019-12-16

Restream solves the problem of getting multiple streams working at one time. This is a solution you should strongly consider if you have a limited amount of bandwidth because running multiple streams with a limited amount of bandwidth is difficult.

Pros
Restream allows you to easily stream to many different streaming platforms at once. I use Restream frequently to stream church services. With Restream I have been able to stream to YouTube, Facebook, and Periscope at the same time. Setup is not hard and starting new broadcasts is not hard (just remember to change your title before starting a new broadcast). Restream has allowed my church to reach a wider audience with ease.

Cons
Restream's chat app is not the best. I tend to spend more time on each streaming platform's live broadcast interface to interact with the audience than I do on Restream's chat app. Restream also lacks a mobile app.

Paul Gillo

Jam packed features but is costly

Used occasionally for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2020-01-14

I Will definitely comeback and use this after I gain a steady revenue from my streams to sustain it properly.

Pros
So many features that would be very useful to my brand. Great tools and analytics and easy integration with other platforms.

Cons
Too pricey for someone like me who's just starting out.

Likelihood to recommend: 5/10

Shyam Pandey

Best solution for restreaming

Reviewed 2020-01-22

I used it for church broadcast and have had flawless broadcast for more than 2 years. Great product. Highly recommended!

Pros
Best software with simple controls. East to config and no issues with quality that I noticed. Overall very satisfied.

Cons
It could be little pricy for non-profits but it’s features compensate for the money that you pay.

Gordon Rochford

The Only Way To Stream

Used monthly for 1-2 years
Reviewed 2019-04-09

I do Live Shows and Chats with my audience and get thousands more viewers on multiple platforms than if I used just Youtube Live or Twitch or even FB Live. Its an event when I go live with Restream, something that people look forward to. In the age of IGTV (which I hope gets integrated at some stage) and IG Stories, people are going live all the time and its not the event it used to be. Being able to contact the streamer, comment and the facility I have employed which puts the fans comments on screen as part of the conversation across multiple platforms is the only way to live stream; and its really easy. I recommend it to everyone. :)

Pros
This software is easy to use and Ive been using it for a while. There are constant improvements and updates and the features make setting up a solid, full featured stream really easy. I stream on 4 platform at once and have loads of viewers comment live. Using the amazing integrated chat stream I can monitor and reply to commenters from all four platforms, live! It also has Discord chat integration so this work perfectly well for my Patreon subscribers on Discord. Overall, Restream has been my goto streaming service and is essential is you want to maximise the reach of your creation! I live stream my podcasts and live chats as well as streaming games and other media to my fans. I couldn't do it without Restream. Seamless integration, really easy RTMP and OBS integration and social media announcement post setup (no fiddling around retyping stuff) Cheapest and best streaming platform imho :)

Cons
In the beginning (maybe 2016?) there was a problem with the bitrate for streaming to Periscope and you had to pay extra for Facebook, which had an overly complicated Live Event setup that rarely worked without issue; and I thought that was all a bit of a jip! But with my big boy pants on and figuring out and experimenting with my streaming settings; I now have a seamless and easily initiated stream, all video works properly and the Facebook setup is now super easy and integrated and well worth the extra few bucks!

Eve Staton

One Happy Streamer

Reviewed 2019-11-20

As stated above, Restream has helped me solve my issue of transferring my audience to a new platform. It would have been difficult, if not impossible to do it before, but Restream makes it possible for me to reach both audiences at once. Even after I make the switch, I'll probably keep using Restream because of the built in notifications and occasional sponsored streams that are offered to users.

Pros
I like the ability to bring my two audiences together. I've streamed on YouTube for almost 2 years now off and on, and have become increasingly displeased with the direction their site is going in terms of streaming. I've been trying to transfer my audience over to Twitch instead, and Restream has made that transition smooth as butter. I'm able to still reach my fans on YouTube, encouraging them to come join us on Twitch, while at the same time marketing to a new audience and growing my channel on Twitch.

Cons
There have been a few bugs, mostly with the chat client either logging me out, not properly displaying the number of viewers, or the bot not transferring messages at times, but it has been a mostly positive experience. I've only had these issues about 3 or 4 times in the past 6 months or so I've been using Restream.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Makio Williams

Long-time Restream User

Reviewed 2019-04-05

I originally began using Restream back in 2016 or 2017 because I thought livestreaming to multiple platforms would greatly increase the odds of my livestream becoming what I would consider a success. I was wrong about that, but it's not Restream's fault! 😉

Pros
Restream has allowed me to livestream to both my YouTube channel and my Twitch channel at the same time, which has several benefits to me: • I don't have to remember export Twitch archives to YouTube before they are automatically deleted. • If someone on Twitch is having internet connection problems, they can go to the YouTube livestream and take advantage of YT's transcoding. Twitch does have this feature, but only broadcasters of significant viewership (i.e., not mine) are able to use it. • Before Twitch created a hard bitrate limit of 6000 kbps, I would stream to Restream at 9000 kbps, which both YouTube and Twitch supported. Unfortunately, I can't do this anymore. I have some Restream Transcoder hours left over from when I helped beta test that feature, but it's not worth it for me to use. Restream has also done a fantastic job of implementing features that are supportive to multistreamers, such as combined chats.

Cons
I don't really have any complaints. Just keep on being amazing!

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Dominik Baluch

I love Restream!

Reviewed 2019-11-16

Since I have discovered Restream, my streams have become much more active with people coming from all over. My YouTube channel, My Twitch channel and my Mixer channel. If I don't particularly have a lot of activity on my YouTube Streams, Twitch and Mixer make up for it. It took me a while to get used to using Restream but once I got the basics I have a blast every time! Restream has also introduced FTL servers for streaming meaning real time interactions with all of my streams!

Pros
The fact that this software is free of use to everyone is amazing! You can stream to pretty much every streaming platform you can think of at the same time. Simple to set up and Restream has cool features like Restream Bot, their own Restream Chat which connects all the streaming platforms into one chat and much more. Restream has also introduced FTL servers for streaming meaning real-time interactions with all of my streams!

Cons
Some of the features need polishing. For example, I have to restart my Restream Chat every now and then because the messages don't show up. Restream doesn't really have a lot of chose of games to update your streams in one, but rather having to go to each individual stream and change the game manually.

Thomas TATON

The best rebroadcast service on the market

Reviewed 2019-10-22

We’ve been using this service since we wanted to broadcast on all platforms, but we tried creating our own software based on Wowza but it never worked, thanks to ReStream we now, got an audience all around the world on all platforms

Pros
The service is online and required only the RTMP URL to be modified in the broadcast software (original source) then all happens on the dashboard it’s so easy !

Cons
The Chat Software implemented in the Web Service got few issues but I think they will resolve this later.

elias bouharrak

restream quality

Reviewed 2019-11-14

its helped me build my brand further which I'm thankful for but maintaining 3 different stream formats is difficult. such as mods subscriptions and gifts. other than that it does what it's intended to do.

Pros
the ability to unify people across many platforms and give them the chance to experience the stream service you provide. being able to reach a larger demographic is fantastic for brand building

Cons
the fact that its spread across many platforms even with the chat system in place I won't be able to recognise what viewers are from what platform, and veiwers will also be confused to whose questions I'm answering and chat systems provide a human connection that is what people mainly join in on a stream for otherwise they will go watch a pre-made video on youtube. so perhaps a way to show where people are from, and some banners or links for people to use the restream chat and communicate over the many platforms along with me. similar to discord or whatsapp, but for all people in a stream.

Andrew Glaude

It’s a streamers toolbox

Reviewed 2019-11-13

I’ve been using Restream for years and it’s always been pretty solid. Very few bugs and if there ever is they are on top of it.

Pros
Being able to broadcast to all platforms is nice and it adds some hidden features like being able to test your stream by turning off all channels. The restream chat app is always really nice even if you only stream on one platform.

Cons
The new chat app is missing features the old one had like being able to play a sound every time a new chat comes in. There is a feature like this in the new chat but you can’t change the sound. The old chat also had a bot that is not present in the new app. There also used to be a way to view your stream health on all platforms but I can’t seem to find it anymore.

Chris Ciatti

Multi Streaming Done Right!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Overall it’s been excellent and I wish I had started using it sooner!

Pros
Streaming to multiple platforms is already great, but the best part is compiling all the chats in one tool so I don’t need to monitor several web pages at once! Then having the option for chats from one channel to be posted to the others is another great addition that makes the experience more cohesive

Cons
There’s not a lot to complain about. One thing I would change is being able to post separate messages to the different social media channels since some might benefit from hashtags or @ mentions that the others might not. Additionally, the transcoding is a bit too expensive to be practical. At least for small streamers

Mark Stone

The best of the Streaming World

Reviewed 2019-04-16

As a standard gaming/streamer, I will say that restream has given me the opportunity to get to the maximum audience, and the fact that they do try to make sure each source works (even when it's unsuccessful) consistently, makes them a "Must" use if you're a personal or professional streamer in the internet world.

Pros
Basically, if you are a streamer of any sort, and you want to reach out as far as you can, Restreram.io is definitely the software for you. Easy to set up, easy to adapt and reach out to as many platforms as possible.

Cons
The chat windows are not the most intuitive, so making sure your chat is up and running with a stream site that may / may not have API is not a sure thing. Losing a stream source may not become immediately noticeable, unless you're looking into the dashboard indepth.

Leroy Frederick

Best service for streaming to multiple platforms at once!

Reviewed 2019-04-05

All good, never had any problems thus far (waiting on a refund for a mistaken taken payment today, should be fine) whether it being service, information or payment stuff.

Pros
-Easy to use. -Good and reliable infrastructure. -Affordable for the most part. -Chat bot that allows people on different platforms to communicate as if on the one.

Cons
-Some of the options / services are a bit too pricey such as the trans-coding option, more affordable options could be offered there since generally you're talking about only Twitch which has issues on slow connections with 1080p as oppose to most other mainstream options. -Changing payment method for some service options require you to cancel the main account first which is odd.

Stephen Coley

Easy to setup and use

Reviewed 2019-04-05

I found Restream very easy to setup, there are guides if needed but you can quickly get this setup for xSplit or OBS. I'm currently using restream to send my stream to mixer, twitch, smashcast and dlive without any problems.

Pros
Easy to setup, able to change the game and title for most services from the dashboard. Able to connect social media accounts and send a message when you go live. Ability to stream to a large number of services.

Cons
Adds a little to the stream delay. Can only stream to multiple channels on the same service if you pay (use to be free)

Calvin Ing

Testing, Streaming, Switching

Reviewed 2019-11-15

Restream has been an absolute necessity in my streaming career, and as a set-dev streamer, it has allowed me to do my job so much better than if I were to not have it. I sincerely hope it is a platform that continues to be expanded and improved.

Pros
Whether it's for a quick stream, or for an extended session, Restream has been the perfect platform to allow me to quickly stream to all my platforms at once, or select different platforms for different streams. It allows me to do this quickly using a user-friendly Web-based GUI rather than juggling stream keys moments before going live. It has taken the headache out of changing settings for different service providers (twitch, mixer, facebook, etc.) with no noticeable loss in quality or increased stream delay.

Cons
A lot of the times my viewers complain that the title hasn't changed or my category is incorrect. This has been an on-and-off issue for me and not something I've been able to pinpoint. Using the mass title editor is convenient, but it doesn't always work it would seem.

Anonymous

The best tool for live streaming!

Reviewed 2019-04-08

When I started streaming, I wanted to not be tied down to just one platform, and the fact that I was able to find restream, and being a streaming n00b, easily set it up and use it, was amazing. I have recommended Restream to MANY other users and helped them set it up. They too are extremely satisfied customers! Excellent work Restream! I am probably your number 1 fan!

Pros
This software allows me to not only post my live stream to multiple services at once, but it also allows me to post social media messages to the main ones I use, to post my live links, as well as a message! The fact that you also get a report on your stream afterwards makes it even better for technical people like myself to ensure I deliver the best possible experience to my viewers!

Cons
There is absolutely nothing I don't like about the software, it absolutely 100% fills my every need!

Jon Houlden

Restream is the Best

Reviewed 2019-11-13

I have only great things to say about Restream. The pros of the product so outweigh the cons that the cons actually become fairly irrelevant

Pros
I use Restream to broadcast my livestreams to 4 different platforms. Its easy to set up and simple. The combined chat feature and Chat Bot put all my viewers comments into a single chat window so I don't have to have multiple stream chats open to catch everyone's messages.

Cons
Streaming to my Facebook Page costs $$ but streaming to my personal page doesn't.

KENRICKS OKAFOR

#1 & Best platform for Multistreaming

Reviewed 2019-04-05

Absolute Perfection in every sense of the word

Pros
Restream is the best platform for Multistreaming, none of the competition even comes remotely close, from the ease of setting up and using the service to the generosity of them (Restream) giving us multiple free channels to stream. Words can't do them enough justice

Cons
None, because honestly looking for any reason to criticise the platform would a lie, Restream simply is priceless and a leader in the world of Multistreaming