AnyLogic

Simulation software with 2D and 3D modeling

AnyLogic Reviews

Pros

I liked the design, it's modern. I liked the functionality and the help team, they do their best to help me get what I wanted.

Leiel b.

I am impressed by the vast libraries the software has for different functionalities and the applications these have between themselves. Using the software for my research project has been a pleasure.

Kieran L.

The software has very wide functionality and is pretty intuitive. I love that there is a free version that meets most needs - so that investing in the professional version guarantees you'd use it.

Alison H.

Cons

My computer often lags to load the files. I also dislike that I can only open files through AnyLogic, not by just clicking a file and launching the software.

Christina A.

Problems with Java is difficult to trace. Sometimes the program crashed or froze.

Nuchjarin I.

Anylogic is excellent for simulation

We are using AnyLogic to model our cross docks and yard operations. I love using this software for this purpose. The support for modeling "pedestrian" like congestion/etc on our docks and yards is amazing. I know of no other simulation modeling environment that does this.

Pros

AnyLogic is an incredibly flexible platform for creating very sophisticated simulation models. I love it's integration with the Java programming language. Also, I like how they separate the visualization from the logic of the modeling.

Cons

To do all that AnyLogic does, it is an extremely complicated modeling tool. It takes a while to learn.

Expensive but also the best

I absolutely love this software. I was becoming jaded in academia until I was sent on a training to learn to use it and it's just so versatile that it makes me have faith in academia again because we don't all have to use one hammer and make everything a nail. It allows me to be creative and artistic in ways other packages don't, but it could use more ways for sure (such as in aligning text or objects more easily or better graphics).

Pros

It's the most versatile of the software packages for systems modeling by a landslide. From the methods that can be implemented to the ability to connect or interface with other programs and tools, it is the complete package. Most others only focus on one tool or maybe two (such as most system dynamics software).

Cons

Learning to code is very hard for it and they need better examples and more support. They also could really work on the graphics or at least ability for users to connect to make their own graphics. The price is so high that it's very hard for me as a junior academic to get someone to fund even the university edition and has always been an issue. I would absolutely love to be getting to use this tool more but the costs and time it takes for me to code as someone that's not trained in the field are costly.

Movable Wind Turbine Modelling

I have reached to a promising stage of research through the software modelling and simulation.

Pros

The capability of simulation which has enabled me to prove the adaptability of movable wind turbines in offshore locations.

Cons

Nothing so far as the Software has proven to be very productive

I don't know what this means

i am currently working on my thesis on Anylogic. Being a student, I cant afford to get professional version as it is too expensive. I would like that the price be a little lower. I would want the help directory of Anylogic to get better - specially with the various functions.

Pros

I can create so many different sorts of models. You get learning edition for free with alot of features.

Cons

It has nothing on internet for problems that we might face. There are many restrictions on it. The help guide is also of not too much use. Its expensive. The type conversion is such a pain in functions.

Amazing and Versatile Software that fills everyone's needs

Pros

AnyLogic is very appealing to me because of the ease of use. I have been using AnyLogic for the past half year now and it has been incredibly easy for me to do my work. I use AnyLogic for simulation modeling and I find the software very diverse and easily applicable to any business problem.

Cons

The only drawback about AnyLogic I have is the decently high learning curve. AnyLogic takes a bit of time to learn to use to its maximum capacity but once you have an understanding, you can do virtually anything with the software.

A balanced choice

I'm developing a simulation model to analyze the impact of implementing an air fleet operations management optimizer algorithm. The idea is to check whether the operations policy based on this algorithm results in better fleet availability.

Pros

I particularly like the possibility of combining different types of simulation like agent-based and discrete-event. Another key advantage in my opinion is the possibility of communication between Anylogic and an external optimizing script written in Python. Overall, I think this simulation software offers a lot of flexibility and a huge number of possibilities for the modellers to implement their ideas and it counts with a great community that provide great resources open and available on the internet.

Cons

I think it would be helpful if there were more detailed and basic tutorials to facilitate the beginners users adaptation.

Powerful Simulation Software

Pros

AnyLogic is a simulation software that allows the user to combine multiple simulation methods inside one simulation. This is incredibly powerful and results in simulations that are complex, but accurately reflect reality. Their team regularly releases new features and listens to its user base to increase functionality where it is most useful.

Cons

The material handling library still needs to be more extensive than it currently is.

One of the most user-friendly simulation software

I use AnyLogic to teach undergradate students. It's very easy to use and there are several material available to guide us how to use the models. The software is very flexible and make us build a simulation very fast. Many sample models. Great features and animation.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and great interface. It provides many functions and features that neccesary to simulate discrete event models, agent-based model, system dynamic models. Animation and 3D view are easy to create and adjust. The software compatible with both Windows and MacOS.

Cons

Excellent software with a multitude of features to offer.

I had to simulate an urban mobility environment to optimize location allocation of facilities in a custom evolutionary algorithm experiment. Although it took some time to get to know the software (on my own) it was finally achieved.

Pros

There is a way to get things done however hard your problem may be. Thanks to its java support and vast library of in built functions. Agent based simulation felt most intuitive and easy to implement in this software compared to others. Support is truly delightful and quick, as long as the questions to the support are clear and short. Anylogic offers great database support to implement large systems with ease.

Cons

The real flexibility of using this software comes only with the professional edition, although I could get my work done (with some back and forth to support) with the university researcher license. Offline routing cache is one thing I found missing in 8.6.0, but heard its going to be there in the next version, so not much complaints there.

Pretty good

Pros

The overall layout is good of the software is good, easy on the eyes and easy to use. The functions are easy to understand and the "help" for this software explains pretty much all of its functions very well. Overall a good software for business simulations.

Cons

It does not run very well unless you're using a nice computer. If I open it up on a laptop it is extremely slow and lags; almost impossible to use. However, on a desktop it runs fine so it is not a big deal.

My experience with Anylogic.

Overall experience with Anylogic is very good. I use it to model business systems and processes to collecting statistic or optimization.

Pros

- Integrate all types of simulation modelling in one tool. For example you can create multi-agent model, where agent's behaviour contains inner system dynamic model. At same every agent can act in dynamical changing world, where environment based on discrete event modelling. - You can easy add your own program code lines to handle any event, that happens during modelling. For example you can send...

Cons

- New versions of Anylogic comes very often, sometimes its annoying to reinstall it. You can skip one update, but there can be some problems. - I notice that when you update Anylogic, your old models can stop working in new version of Anylogic, you had to fix syntax errors in models code. At same time modes, that you create in new version of Anylogic probably will not open in old version of Anylogic. Looks like developers not care about backward comparability when preparing updates. It can be real problems if Anylogic version is different on your home PC and on your PC at work. I hope developers will take my opinion in consideration and provide backward compatibility for next updates.

Need full flexibility and scalability: go AnyLogic

AnyLogic is an amazing piece of software but it comes like an iceberg: 90% is hidden under water. Getting started is easy but then the learning curve gets quite steep. It massively helps to know OOP because it sits on an Eclipse Java shell. However, this allows you to do *anything*. Need to add this specific behavior? No problem. Want to use this Java package? Go for it. I have been using it for...

Pros

Once you understand the core basics (OOP, Java, experimentation...), an immense bag of features and possibilities opens up. The support subscription is quite good value for money as well.

Cons

The online community lives on a LinkedIn forum, this should move to a dedicated place or StackOverflow.

Flexibility

An incredibly powerful tool that allows decision makers to judge the impact of changes on systems and enable them to make faster, better decisions and predictions. Traditional support tools cannot adequately consider complexities, constraints, dynamic interdependencies and variability to support decision-making within such a complex environment.

Pros

The incredible flexibility! With AnyLogic's multi simulation paradigm framework a user can implement system dynamics, process-centric modeling (Discrete event) as well as agent-based modeling techniques all in one model AnyLogic is unbelievably flexible and with Java as a backend, there is nothing you can not do. AnyLogic is also at the forefront of new development in the simulation space. Always reinventing their product and offering and leading the simulation world into new technologies like cloud based simulations .

Cons

Like anything worth doing it requires some effort to master the basics of the software. But with excellent technical support and great examples and training amterial this can be overcome quite easily.

Versatile and Effective Modelling Tool

Pros

HSSMI has used AnyLogic to build proof of concept models for multiple automotive sector companies (including JLR, Ford and Bentley). We have used the extant libraries extensively, as well as developing custom blocks and libraries for specific manufacturing cells such as gantry cranes. Anylogic has been easy to use and the outputs have been exceptional both in terms of statistical accuracy and visualisation....

Cons

There is underlying Java learning curve that is required for modellers to build custom blocks and libraries. However, anyone with objective orientated programming background should be able to pick this up with ease. Even myself coming from a functional programming background was able to learn how to use the tool relatively quickly.

Anylogic Simulation Software Review

Anylogic got introduced to me by my lecturer [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (Industrial Engineering, University of Pretoria). I naturally saw it from the lens of an entrepreneur, which showed great potential. So I decided to learn the software well enough to start a freelance simulation modeling gig. I however ran into a wall with the licensing as Anylogic is, at the moment, too expensive for me. Aside from that Anylogic is a software I would recommend to anyone wishing to get into simulation modeling either professionally or as a hobby. I am still in talks with Anylogics South Africa partener Blue Stallion Technologies for a possible patnership.

Pros

The software is easy to learn, especially for someone with an engineering or statistics background. This is so because of a large amount of learning materials made available for free by the Anylogic team, such as the Anylogic in 3 days pdf copies and youtube video clips. The software is also easy to use in solving real-world complex problems. I to some extent feel Anylogic is too simple for how powerful it is, but I guess that is one of the things that justify its cost. Anylogic functions seamlessly with other programs such as excel and maps. A big plus. Besides that the process of learning to use the software introduces the user to Java in a controlled unintimidating setting, hence adding one more skill for those who are excited by such.

Cons

I like everything in the software except the pricing. But thats more of a "me problem"...

AnyLogic to Simulate Business process, Technical process

Designed network of sales i.e. warehousing, DCs, and fleets in accordance to meet the optimum level by fulfilling a demand from a specific DCs,warehouse by lower cost, Which plants to be operational to meet the specific regions demand to minimize the transport cost, in manufacturing designed capacity planning model with many machines made and handmade process, by inputting the cycle time, throughput time and their capacity, to address the man, machine are enough and address bottle necks in manufacturing.

Pros

Tool to simulate the business processes including finances, supply chain and even technical like manufacturing or mechanical movements, it gives you clear direction of business process on your screen where it will goes, or what will be happen in a specific controlled business procedure, statistics process controlled logics can be defined and configured in accordance to meet que management, distributions. Predictions, forecasting of data can be obtained visually same like something going to be happen physically, Checks, statistics, data and controls are available to know the physical condition, data at the specific point, step or even a section.

Cons

Not easy to use, expert in technical relevant field is not enough, you have to adopt and learn the basic or terms of Anylogic which it is using, data graphs and visuals are not available fo big data, same there is no any option to work on it with live data or existing erp to simulate the scenarios based on actual data.

Anylogic Simulation Software Review

Overall it is a great piece of software, but you need knowledge of java and a good problem solving mind. It is incredibly powerful and flexible, but I would say can be beaten in specific applications where simulation software is built for just one or two purposes.

Pros

Anylogic has great Flexibility, runs on java and a huge amount of functionality. It can present models in 2D or 3D with a decent library of graphs and outputs by default. It is very suitable for many different applications, and if you want, can essentially model anything you can think of (if you program it yourself). I've mostly used it in manufacturing, and its been able to do everything I've wanted it to do in the end. It's not always as easy as other software, but that's a trade off between functionality and usability.

Cons

It can be tricky to start with certainly, and there are some elements that are much easier to do in other simulation software packages. That said, you can usually find a way of doing it in anylogic, although this takes longer and is trickier. It's not always easy to find the problem when something goes wrong. The software is essentially wrapped up Java, but this means it's not as easy to debug as a sheet of code. Code is fragmented between elements, which takes some getting used to. The UI is also very slow and unresponsive (even on powerful machines), there's a lot that could be improved here.

Very good product

Pros

Multi method simulation is one of most important feature. The software can be easily integrated with other software.

Cons

I think that it is a very good product for people that has a knowledge in Java language and programming. So the product can be used for its real power.

Anylogic Anytime!

Pros

I have been using Anylogic for the past 6 months now everyday and I can say that once you open it up, it is such a great and useful program. Working in the engineering / simulation department, being able to use Anylogic makes work so much easier and dare I even say it, "fun". It can be used for such a variety of things and so many different ways to program it to make it useful in many multi-functional capacities. Once the basic learning curve is established, it is a breeze to use and there are so many layers to it that it makes simulation great! Very clean layout, always new updates and bug fixes. I recommend to all!

Cons

The cost can be a varying weight factor in the decision to use anylogic versus other softwares but given the multitude of functionalities, it really is a no brainer. There have been a few bugs in the latest update, but the customer service has been great to help me through these issues.

AnyLogic for teaching modeling and simulation in Engineering

I teach modeling and simulation to graduate students, and they are up to speed on the product very quickly. However sometimes bugs can be hard to find, and a knowledge of Java is helpful. The variety of simulation types and domains is great. Also a good way to introduce students to the concept of state machines.

Pros

Using the supplied tutorials, getting started is very fast. The graphics are great, and the features do permit fine grained simulation Once knowledgeable, possible to get a simulation up and running in just a few hours.

Cons

Product can be a bit buggy. Java faults can be somewhat difficult to trace. Some of the features are still not working (i asked for the priority queue to be fixed, i think it is still not working).

Simulating a real phenomenon becomes very simple with anylogic

My experience was on a study project of a juice production area, I used AnyLogic in the entirety of my project, that is to say from the reception of the raw material until the distribution of final products , and also the use of the concept of GIS which helped us to better choose our distribution channels and the choice of means of transport. The software is almost ideal to use to model and simulate a real phenomenon or rather imaginary, even what changes or what we can modified, AnyLogic help to make this decision

Pros

- The speed of response - Multifunctionality: in several fields, for example in the field of transport and logistics, fluids ... - Simplicity in modeling problems

Cons

There are gaps at the block level, and capacity of agents.

The best Customer Support ever

Customer Service- 15 out of 10 !! User Interface- 8 out of 10 Upgrade options- 7 out of 10 Speed- 9 out of 10 Plus the availability of full package AnyLogistix, Simulation Suite, Full WMS

Pros

Ever since the free trial, customer service representatives have been so engaging to help you out on any issue faced while navigating through the first steps. Everyday a phone call and an email for a help. This is really welcoming to the new software

Cons

I used the free trial, I understand with the limited functionality but the free version is pretty slow compared to the full package.

Excelente software

Se implementó para capacitar Ingeniería y se logra entender con el uso del software

Pros

Que se puede implementar en Mac y su uso

Cons

Se complica su interfaz gráfica pero se acostumbra

AnyLogic PLE for Healthcare Professionals

Fantastic. I create models solving problems in healthcare, primarily focused on healthcare policy questions.

Pros

Many features, scalable, many libraries, and great learning resources and online community. AnyLogic can simulate projects across many industries, and those with advanced programming skills will find this software very adaptable to a variety of problems. Even those of us with intermediate coding skills can tackle challenging problems with credible results. The company is very responsive to questions, and allows their software to be used in research and publication - important for graduate students. The system requirements are not onerous, at least for most models you can build with PLE.

Cons

A user will need to invest time into learning this software - and you will need to learn some Java. Fortunately, there are many online resources freely available.

AnyLogic, Best Supply Chain simulator

Tool to analyse the situation before deployment, Used in manufacturing lines to overcome and design the processes, effective usage in simulation of capicity planning, replenishment cycles and porecurement stratgies validation. Simulated whole process to meet the demand and cost by optimizng transport network design, production facilities and distrubution controls.

Pros

GUI is clear to understand, basic satitics like normal distribution etc. is easily configurabe by clicking on each control, each control parameters can be dragged and set just like a very easy software. Speedy simulation with live graphics like flows etc, the parameters can be checked at any control with its live statistics, it feels just you have a operation in front of you. All the problems are accessible/identified before deployments.

Cons

Undefined errors, error cant traced furter to where the problem is, not so much support is available on internet, a service/discussion forum is needed for users, it can be effective aswell can be good thing to get support or new ideas.