Backupify Reviews

Pros

I love that the interface is extremely easy to use, as well as it's reliability. Having the ability to go back months or years to grab a file from a long departed employee is incredibly helpful.

Travis B.

Ossama E.

Good way to solve gsuite backups with nice UI and functionality for great price.

Eduardo C.

Cons

The user interface is one hot mess. There's nothing intuitive about it, it still contains elements from the old version, and I avoid using it except when absolutely necessary.

andrew p.

Customer Support is the worst I have every experienced. I could not restore for 2 weeks.

Phillip C.

Luis S.

4.1

Love Backupify, miss the legacy Gui

Pros

I like the feature to be able to export one file or many files at once.

Cons

I really do not like the new GUI, it is very confusing when you have multiple domains you back up. Also unsure how to easily navigate the new GUI unlike the legacy version which I very much enjoyed and found it easy to navigate.

Backupify

I couldn't be happier with the product. While there's some room for improvement, the overall experience has been tremendous, and their support staff is right on top of things with an answer for me the one time I called in with a question.

Pros

Cons

I'd like it if there was some emails or alerts if there was an issue backing up. Backupify does try again on the next cycle, but it would be nice to know if there was an issue.

Backupify Use Case

My overall experience is good but in some cases the response of the Support team not on time.

Pros

We are using Backupify to take Gsuite users backup and this tool is good as we are able to take Mail, Document, and Contacts backup.

Cons

There should be provision to allow end-user to get access to their backup data.

Backupify Salesforce Backups

Backupify is a very bad solution for Salesforce backups; I inherited this solution and unfortunately was not able to cancel the service since there was no easy way to extract all historical backups. Datto the parent company is retiring this service, working with their support team for over a month they were just able to extract our backups from early January 2021; just for 1/5/2021. One day, I was hoping to get all my historical backups from 4+ years of using their service. Glad we decided to go to a much better solution a while ago, would not recommend this service or anything to do with Datto to anyone.

Pros

Pretty straight forward setup and maintenance; however, with very limited features and customizations

Cons

User Interface is lacking, browsing the historical backups takes a very long time for the UI to respond and to extract/export specific backup takes a very long time to process (sometimes over 24 or 48 hours). If you want to extract and older back up expect to spend at least 30 minutes browsing Backupify User Interface (wait time for page refresh or response) and then anywhere from 2 hours to 48 hours to get a notification about your export is ready to download. This is for just one Salesforce object (data table), if you want to do the whole Salesforce org (all objects/tables) good luck it is not possible.

Backupify for Office365

Pros

The set it and forget setup is great! Since it automatically grabs new SharePoint sites that are created, we need to do very little maintenance.

Cons

As mentioned previously, the Email Export leaves a lot to be desired, but it is in no way a deal-breaker for us.

Simple Effective Online Backup for M365 Environments

Backupify solves a number of issues for us after moving to O365 we looked at a number of products. All of them just as complicated or expensive as the last. When we found backupify we were amazed and the price and the product.

Pros

Implementation is connecting Backupify to your Microsoft tenant and your off to the races. I love that the backup are always on. It backs up my entire Exchange, OneDrive, and Sharepoint environments it direct talks to the MS Servers and backs up all our data.

Cons

I wish the interface was a bit more responsive.

Set it and forget it!

I like its ease of deployment and use during backup and restore. It is very affordable, especially for educational institutions. Support is very responsive even though I wish it is faster. There is much-appreciated updates to the interface.

Pros

Ease of use. We have it deployed to Google G Suite. It is a one-time deployment to the account. Cloud-to-Cloud backup; from Google to Backupify. No local on client deployment or intervention required.

Cons

The interface is a bit too simple. Navigating between users and groups is not the best. I wish support is more proactive and faster.

You get what you pay for.

Overall, it does backup our email accounts and we can retrieve deleted emails but it does not restore them to the original folder and you have to look at each day to find the backup you need. (However, when you need support, expect a slow response. Normally, I would only hear from them one time a day so the issue takes days to be resolved if you need to clarify anything.)

Pros

The cost of the software is very attractive but the features are limited.

Cons

With the newest version, you can not export the whole mailbox the way you could before. In the past, you could export it and open it using "Thunderbird", like outlook does with "pst" files. This was helpful for team members that were no longer with the company but periodically we need to access their old emails. (Now, we have to pay to keep the accounts open longer.)

Set it and forget it

Pros

Backupify is extremely easy to set up. Once it's going, you never have to think about it again. It's very reliable and does its job to protect your Google Workspace data.

Cons

Finding a file you need to restore can be a bit like finding a needle in a haystack. I would like to see improved search functionality to make it easier for admins to locate the right file or email. I would also like the ability to backup additional services, such as Dropbox, OneDrive, and others for even more flexibility. Also, a feature for marking a user for holds (legal or otherwise) would be great as well.

Meh...

At first it was great. But in the last couple years things have deteriorated to the point of if I could identify an affordable alternative I would switch. Not even going to consider new offerings [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] has (that a partner is trying to sell) due to decline in product since [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]took over.

Pros

In the beginning it was the only affordable option to satisfy Freedom of Information Requests for email records.

Cons

The interface is clunky and hard to use, confusing at best. Support can not seem to fix one little issue I have. And with each supposed "improvement" the system becomes less functional.

Backupify throughout the phases of research, implementation and use has been excellent to work with. There customer service team is responsive to our needs.

Pros

This software has allowed us to transition our organization to the cloud (Office365/Google) with an additional layer of protection beyond what the primary vendors offer.

Cons

Currently we haven't found any things that are areas for growth. For the features we use, they meet or exceed our expectations.,

The IT manager Review

Problem solved is backing up all information for user restore, legal issues, and compliance needs.

Pros

The ability to merge the service with the Office 365 online accounts for backing up and restoring of files with all regulatory needs met.

Cons

Would like to have the ability to export email as a PDF option available or at least an outlook file type to convert from.

Never have to think about it

Pros

It was incredibly smooth to setup, and super easy to use. I don't have to train anyone else on how to use it, everything is intuitive, they can log in and see for themselves. Never having to worry about how much space we're using is a real load off.

Cons

Pretty sure it's still not backing up "Groups" content. Not sure anyone else's product is yet either.

Admin experience

Very good

Pros

Ease of implementation Ease of restorations

Cons

Archived users are not automatically removed from license count

Office 365 Monthly

Good

Pros

Office 365 Monthly provides many great functions.

Cons

The software crashes often or cannot save for formats.

Avoid. Better products out there

It was intended to backup out Office 365 environment. We were told it would do so 3 times a day. Some days it backs it up 1 time and some 3. No pattern. Hope you have no issues. Support takes a week minimum to get back to you. Hard to work with.

Pros

It was easy to setup. Nothing else. Nothing

Simple and Effective

Pros

Service is easy to integrate, easy to use and users can self serve backups neeeded.

Cons

The way you export the final exports from users its a bit complicated, they should add a connector to export from the platform to an S3 bucket.

It is what it is!

Pros

It is easy to use and does EXACTLY what it says, and what I need it to do.

Cons

It can take some time to load things and sometimes feels a little clunky. Not enough to change any stars.

Highly recommend

Pros

Cloud based. Low management . Automation

Cons

PST restore not available. Only option is to restore to another 365 account

Interface is terrible

We've rarely had to use it (twice in the last year), and as long as you're doing something relatively basic (exporting a user's email or doing a simple search), it's fine, but it's not a pleasant experience.

Pros

It does what it's supposed to - usually.

Cons

Did not keep this product over a year.

Found it to be useful for a handful of users. For the entire org though, it was extremely challenging and turned out to be ineffective and pricey.

Pros

Initially, it looked to be a useful tool for users and admins to recover email, export, archive, etc. OK for 10 or less accounts.

Cons

the interface is not easy to use, and when you think you are doing one thing, it often isn't really what the app is doing.

Great for SharePoint

Pros

We like the ability to easily restore information from OneDrive

Cons

Training our service desk took some time, It would be nice to have more training resources for tier one support

Rydon Group

Always does what it was purchased for and puts us in a safe position with cloud data backup.

Pros

Ease of use and initial setup / deployment.

Cons

Non applicable - No real faults to mention

Easy

Very simple

Pros

Very simple to setup, easy and basic, not hard

Cons

Not as simple to customize as Backup Exec we used before

This reviewer only left a rating