Mendix Reviews

John P.

Awesome platform for creating great (mobile) applications.

Pim v.

Great app platform for creating great applications.

Pim v.

Cons

Mendix is a licensed system which make it inaccessible for smaller budgets. Some versions contain annoying bugs.

ayesha m.

Tiko S.

Tiko S.

4.9

Fast faster fast

Because we are able to build solutions like portals & Apps without writing code in an Agile way of working (stories & sprints) we are able toe deliver more value to business demand and business is engaged because they understand what we build and see results almost every week.

Pros

The software is a low code solution helping development cycles being 6 - 10 times faster. What i like is that we are able to minimize coding thanks to the visual modeller that ships with the solution. Also we liked the full stack approach. From ideation, automated deployment and database creation to version management and integrated feedback loops.

Cons

There are always improvements possible. At this moment we are happy with the continue flow of new functionality like the Artificial Assist approach predicting the next step when developing.

Easy to learn, time and cost effective enterprise rapid app developement platform

Mendix is an enterprise application development platform that will enable to turn your dream app into reality in no time. Since last 2-3 years I use Mendix almost every day to build complex business solutions for various industries without putting in much time and effort where business can see the working solution and development cost savings within weeks. Its easy to learn, even for the business users...

Cons

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Your feedback inspires us to make Mendix's application platform even better.

Mendix is just ok

Pros

I use it to weartest products, which I love to do. So it’s hard not to like.

Cons

Most of the time when I pull up this site, it loads so I cannot see the left side of the screen. This is frustrating. I don’t know how to fix it.

Great app platform for creating great applications

I loved creating things for customers, but I'm not a die-hard programmer. I was fascinated by the modeldriven approach Mendix has as I could now deliver apps much more quickly, without having to write code. I'm working with Mendix now for 2 years and still exciting about the possibilities and speed. We even created our own products with Mendix. So our own ideas became alive. For instant the Sportlight search, IFTTT for Mendix and some document generation apps.

Pros

+ Bring the ideas or dreams of your customer to reality with a working app. + Quick, fast, rapid, agile. Did I mention speed? + Surprise your customers and friends

Cons

- Sometime a bit difficult to explain what a App platform is like Mendix to non-tech people. But if you prototype their idea you can let them see it works or let them talk to one of our fans(=customers)

Thank you for your feedback! Love how you use prototypes to define what the platform can do - very creative.

Great option for creating business software

Pros

I've worked through Mendix for one of the university projects, where we modelled a warehouse and production with a detailed specification of roles and functionalities. It ended up being a very straightforward job, as Mendix bypasses the need for coding, be it backend or even frontend, it handles everything. It let us create a massive and detailed system in a fraction of the time it would take for it to be developed in Java, for instance.

Cons

At times it could be inconsistent, and I believe it was due to performance issues, where rushing through functionalities would cause them to break due to not being able to save changes fast enough.

Rapid application development platform

Cons

Thank you for your review! We strive to make the best product possible; user feedback is always encouraged and appreciated.

All-in-One development tool for everybody

Mendix is a model-driven development platform to deliver all kinds of complex mobile,tablet and web applications with simplicity. It is a rapid app development tool where the progress is visible on day-to-day basis instead on months, Mendix provides end-to-end service from project management tool, company app store/services and hosting which allows us to focus on new things and not waste time of doing same work multiple times. It is a very easy system to learn with no programming knowledge required and can be managed by very few people. Overall highly recommend product with endless possibilities within an organisation.

Pros

One click deployment with super-fast turnaround from a concept to something substantial in days. End-to-end services provided. Highly scalable or can even be quite complex but still maintains flexibility and speed to do changes easily.

Cons

Appstore has less apps right now but it should grow with the new appcloud and sandbox releases.

Used Mendix for almost three years now working my way through working as an Senior Mendix Developer

Mendix is a model-driven development platform to deliver a lot of different web/mobile based solutions. It is a rapid app develpoment tool which helps us identify new markets/app/products quickly and gives faster return on investments. Its a very simple and easy to learn or adapt. Developer often doesnt needs to be from a technical background however understanding of data would be advised. Pros- Newer design frameworks, open model api, speed of delivery, quick to learn, one click deployment, build mobile apps including offline quickly, visuall modelling really helps understand the code quickly, free sandbox environments Cons - App store could still be bigger, support portal interface could be improved.

Cons

Hello Savan, thanks for the review! It's our mission to provide the best possible platform for you to build web and mobile applications and support your company's growth. Happy developing!

High productivity Application Platform as a service

Pros

The fact that I can create an application in days rather than months or years, and customize the application as it suits my needs.

Cons

Awesome platform for creating great (mobile) applications

Cons

Hello Pim, thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback!

The most comprehensive rapid application delivery platform available.

Mendix manages to balance the ability to create complex enterprise applications with a complete set of features ranging from agile project management, to a model-driven-development environment, and from one-click deployment to security/performance management in the cloud or onsite.

Pros

- Supports multi-device apps/device-specific UIs - Deploy onsite or in Mendix's cloud - Integrated feedback mechanism - Subscription pricing model - Visual models interpreted at run-time, so no messy code-generation

Cons

- smaller Community/AppStore than Force.com - Development environment downloaded locally

Rapid web application development platform

Mendix is a platform that allows for very rapid and efficient web application development. As a Mendix consultant I am able to use Mendix to realize custom IT solutions for my clients while exceeding their expectations in time to market and low development cost. Pros: Easy to learn, quick to master. Rapid development Easily scalable Continuous improvements to the platform Cons: The licence system makes Mendix unaccessible for smaller budgets. Some Mendix versions can contain annoying bugs.

Cons

Hello Tiko, thank you for your review! We strive to make the best product for our users, and your feedback is key to that success.

This reviewer only left a rating