ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus Logo

4.6

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.69/10

Reviews by rating

Amazing product , very happy with the customer services, they are fast to respond and they know what they do.
I really like the ease of use with this product, the reporting is layed out nicely, and the customer service is excellent.
It's difficult to figure out exactly what cause the problem.
Some 3rd party apps fail to download to the distribution server. Error msgs are not clear and don't link to further information.
The feature is missing is customize the signature on the scheduled reports and notification mail.

maneesh g.

Information Technology and Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Patch Management by Manage Engine

excellent experience with patch manager it helps a lot to finish patch within no time and improve overall security posture of infra

Pros

Patching system automatically and antivirus update

Cons

third party patches deployement require more effort

NF

Nick F.

Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 employees

Free Trial Review

I'm using the cloud version of PM+. It feels like I'm using an on-premise version that has been migrated to a web interface. You can set up computers as distribution servers to push patches across your network so not everything is going from the cloud. I feel like I'm missing out on the simple easy-to-use SAS that I expected though.

Pros

The software has support for many 3rd party apps. I had Heimdal and Action1 installed on my computer a while to test them. The ManageEngine PM+ agent was still able to find more patches I was missing. Installing the Agent is simple and works well.

Cons

The UI is not very user friendly because it seems out-of-date. Easy to get lost in the menus and the "Remote Offices" screen is not for what it sounds like. I'm trying to use "remote offices" to split up my departments into groups because the software lacks a feature for that elsewhere. I wanted to be able to customize computer patch policies by OU. You can link your domain and add the computers...

YG

Yoginath G.

Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 1,001-5,000 employees

Overall Good Product

Very good product for Patch Management Solution

Pros

Ease of use and help in managing spoke locations patching without impacting bandwidth and third party patching

Cons

Development is very slow, customers wish list need to be prioritized

DC

Danny C.

Information Technology and Services, 1-10 employees

Great Tool

It's been good, meets our requirements and we will be using it moving forward.

Pros

It's great at patching, which is what we need for our customers

Cons

There isn't anything we don't like about Patch ManageEngine Manager Plus

Consumer Electronics, 201-500 employees

Simplified Updates

I have been using this to perform windows updates and third party updates for software.

Pros

Ability to update many different products. Reporting capabilities to see which machines have been patch and what ones still need patches.

Cons

Not able to add your own updates to the software.

Hello, Can you elaborate on your requirement? You can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Human Resources, 1,001-5,000 employees

good product

its saves my time and users time and essay to use fast working

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager is so essay to use and very handy and it is very important to do patch update

Cons

except pricing we didn't find any issue hear product works very fine

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Automated Patch Management Solution for multi-OS

Everything, from the support to the user interface, has been consistently excellent.

Pros

The Manage Engines Patch Manager Plus is an automated solution for multi-OS patch management, and we are able to deploy it as per our need which means it is available for both Cloud and On-premise.

Cons

I've been using it for an extended period, and I haven't encountered any issues.

David P.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

Excellent patch management solution

After a bit of a learning curve to get setup and deployed, I set a daily job to roll out updates. After a few days I found that it had got through the workload and updated the clients effectively. It continues to manage the patching with little involvement from me. The only niggle is that it does leave servers pending a reboot, on occasion. This is not a slight on the product however, and it does empower you to do the reboots through its interface.

Pros

Support for wide variety of 3rd party products. Excellent value for money. Easy (overall) deploy and monitor. Good support. Once up and running works its way through the outstanding patch workload.

Cons

Mainly niggles, but worth mentioning some. Do not let these put you off however, it is a solid product! The portal creation process is a bit fragmented. It is an element of a larger product, so most articles refer to that parent product. The interface is feature rich but takes some getting used to (don't they all!). Initial setup and deployment needed some teething and tinkering (support is good). Support is decent but not immediate. Issues deploying some 3rd party patches. Shows some patches pending when they are not - isolated issue to couple of machines. Performs best with an on-premise deployment server. Patches may need multiple cycles - but this is due to some patches requiring reboots.

Hello David, Thanks for the detailed review! We're working on most of the points you've mentioned in your review right now to improve the product on all fronts. In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

LH

Lee H.

Nanotechnology, 51-200 employees

Patch Management from ManageEngine

Overall, the product is excellent and they seem to have thought of everything to make it a great and powerful product. We use the on-premise version so working with them to enable roaming users (without VPN connectivity) to "talk" back to the Central Server.

Pros

Easy to use Powerful Highly customisable

Cons

As yet there's nothing negative to say.

CD

Chhouern D.

Insurance, 201-500 employees

Patch Management

Pros

Patch management plus manager to patch all my endpoint devices.

Cons

Based on, currently we have using only Patch Manager Plug. So, other featured we not yet clearly understand.

BH

Brandon H.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Patch Manager Plus Review

Really good. It was very easy to get started and anytime I needed support assistance, they are available via chat in a matter of seconds.

Pros

To me what makes this product so great is it does NOT utilize the built in Windows Update service that has been giving us trouble for so long. ME uses their own agent / service. This has made the patching process a lot smoother during our trial. The management console is also super user friendly and very easy to navigate.

Cons

it made our patch scheduling for production servers a bit difficult because there is no option to manually click install when ready to start installation. instead we are relying on detailed auto install policies which work for us but this is the biggest limitation I have see thus far.

Hello Brandon We do have the option to manually deploy updates. You can know more about manual deployment in the link below: http://tiny.cc/manual-deployment In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

JR

Jerard R.

Publishing, 11-50 employees

Patch Manager Plus Makes My Job Easier

The ability to schedule custom jobs for workstations versus servers greatly helps. The custom jobs including being able to use wake-on-lan to update the machines after business hours. We are a small IT staff and I handle all of the infrastructure related tasks including updates. This has greatly reduced the time I spend each week getting updates/patches deployed. After using it for a while there is very little effort needed in getting deployments scheduled.

Pros

The ability to download and deploy patches with ease for both Windows and OSX.

Cons

It took a little getting used to but that is probably my fault for not reading and going through the demo.

Hello Jerard, We're happy to know Patch Manager Plus has helped you with patching endpoints in your organization. In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

ML

Michael L.

Textiles, 201-500 employees

Excellent Patch Management solution - Very high value for your spend

Pros

The software just works - there is not a lot of hand holding required by an administrator. We also love the integration with our vulnerability management platform, Tenable.io. Also the number of 3rd party patches available is astounding.

Cons

I would like MORE integration with Tenable.io

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are glad to hear that it is meeting your needs and that you find it easy to use. We also appreciate your feedback regarding the integration with Tenable.io, and we will certainly take that into consideration as we continue to improve our product. You can also reach out to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com to let us know more about your requirements regarding the Tenable.io integration.

DN

Derek N.

Financial Services, 201-500 employees

Good customer support

Good value for the money. I with the remote-office proxy module was included in the base price but hey, you can't have it all.

Pros

I like that there's a build-in chat window that connects me directly with Manage Engine support.

Cons

Bugs. I've reported a couple of bugs but each time brought it to the attention of tech support it got fixed quickly.

Hello Derek, We've been improving our QA process to minimize bugs in our product. Your feedback will help us with further streamling our QA process. In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

SR

Sandeep R.

Telecommunications, 501-1,000 employees

Ease to Patch Systems

It's a great tool, where my L1 & L2 Engineers also easily deploy patches, Adaptive Interface, Ease to Deploy and automate the same. Some more reporting features needed like pre & post-patch report for Selective patches.

Pros

Adaptive Interface & Automate Patch Deployment

Cons

Reporting has to enhance more, where pre & post patches report for selective patches can be taken.

Hello Sandeep, Improving pre-defined reports in currently in our roadmap. You can add your requirements in the link below: http://tiny.cc/reports-roadmap In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

DH

Daniel H.

Accounting, 1,001-5,000 employees

Trial - Patching Solution

The trial testing has gone great! We are looking for a patching solution and ME has been a great help!

Pros

I like the ease of setting up the environment. Pushing out the agents to the machines is an easy process. Being able to see the dashboard of what is missing is great! I like the fact I can push our certain patches if they are more critical.

Cons

No cons as of now, but will add some as we use the product going forward.

Computer Software, 501-1,000 employees

Patch Manager Plus: A decent alternative to SCCM

Overall, I would say the product is worth looking into. They have good customer service, and the product works really well for non-prod patching, and gets the job done for prod patching.

Pros

The customer support for this product is really great. They offer a chat support, with immediate response for your issues. The product can be scaled to your needs. The product utilizes a third-party repository (Manage Engine's repository) for patches, so there is a sense of security there for the user that the patches being put into the repository have gone through a vetting process (They allow the user to further vet the patches as well, giving the option to 'DENY' a patch at any level). Works very similar to SCCM.

Cons

We run a multi-domain, multi-location, Active/Non-Active environment, and configuring and optimizing the product for this type of environment has proven to be difficult. The Distribution servers do not pull all active patches from the main server, it only pulls patches that are being pushed, at the time you push them. Since patch downloads impact production servers, we have to push patches during a down window, which makes distribution servers in this solution useless, as it basically just adds another unnecessary step to the process. For environments where this would not be an issue (Non-production customer facing environments), this would not be an issue.

JS

Jason S.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

Allowed us to send users home during Pandemic

When the pandemic hit and we had to send all our users home our network would crash once we deployed patches. Patch Manager allowed us to direct the users out their home internet to download patches rather than use the company network and saturate the link while also giving us the flexibility to control what gets patched.

Pros

Very easy to deploy Automates deploying Security patches allowing us to maintain certifications Flexibility to deploy Distribution Servers to save bandwidth for our brick and mortar offices

Cons

The kb that lists which sites needed to be allowed through the proxy was not complete.

RP

Rafael P.

10,001+ employees

Patch management

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus is easy to implement solutions for patch management for Windows system works quite well.

Cons

I think that the technical support model can be improved. The system also has too few reports and dashboards with aggregate information.

Hello Rafael, Greetings from ManageEngine. We're glad Patch Manager Plus worked well for you. We have also taken your feedback and are working on the report module. Also, the 'All Patches' view will offer different reports based on patches, vulnerability status, health of systems, etc. If you are not satisfied with support, do let me know if you'd like to have a personalized session to resolve your issues fast or for a small briefing of all our new features in Patch Manager Plus. If case of any queries to be resolved, you can let me know or drop in mail to patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com.

KC

Kevin C.

Real Estate, 501-1,000 employees

Patch Manger Plus

Pros

The deployment method is great. I really like the fact that it does a inventory scan via agent to show what patches are installed and missing. The granular way of targeting a host or group via custom group and AD groups make patching easier to deal with. WOL, remote reboot, and shutdown is nice to have. Agent deployment comes with several choices from manual, GPO, to pushing out from console.

Cons

I think the reporting could be better. I would be good to see better logs/error message when things fail to install whether it an agent or patch deployment.

Hello Kevin, Can you elaborate on what is to be improved pertaining to reports? I'll also pass your feedback to our UI team to enhance the error texts. In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

Human Resources, 201-500 employees

Great for Server Patching, workstation patching needs some improvement.

This has helped us manage our patching, servers have been awesome, end user workstations can use some improvement.

Pros

Great product for patching servers. Solid list of supported products and related patches.

Cons

Workstation patching is not as reliant as server patching. Pending reboot status is listed even after rebooting endpoint.

Hello, I'll pass your feedback to the concerned team(s) and work on improving workstation patching. In case of future feedback, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

YT

Yogesh T.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Review ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus-Yogesh Thete

Pros

Auto scanning future very impactful. This software support all operating system. Dashboard is very impactful all details available on one dashboard

Cons

I like dashboard. all notification & details available on dashboard

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with our software. We are pleased to hear that the auto-scanning feature and dashboard have met your expectations.

Automotive, 201-500 employees

Excellent Patch Manager

We're still in the trial, but so far this has been a vast improvement over our last Patch Management software system. Decided after 1 day of the trial that we will be purchasing.

Pros

Impressive feature set, and hugely flexible configuration. I'm pretty sure this software could be configured to automate patch management in any environment, no matter how obscure the requirements. ManageEngine provide a free one-to-one demo session for all new customers - covering any and all aspects of setup and use. 24 hour support through live-chat facility hosted system available, meaning rapid installation, and no server requirement huge range of 3rd party apps can patch drivers, and even (some) 3rd party a/v definitions

Cons

Struggling to think of any weak points. If anything, it would be the time it might take to fully customise the solution to your needs - but that's simply a consequence of such a vast feature set.

IJ

Igor J.

501-1,000 employees

Software update.

Pros

ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus very well updates Microsoft software like WSUS, but also allows us to automatically update other software. Software installation is also great.

Cons

There really is not much that I do not like about ManageEngine Patch Manager Plus but technical support is at a very low level.

Hello Igor, I'll pass your feedback to the support team and will ensure we improve all facets of our support team. In case of future queries, you can write to us at patchmanagerplus-support@manageengine.com

William N.

Health, Wellness and Fitness, 1,001-5,000 employees

Ease of use Patch Management

Great experience. Just awesome support that is very responsive and helpful.

Pros

The ease of patching is simplified with this tool. It makes it so much easier to manage and easy to deploy. I really enjoy this application and though I am still evaluating this product, I feel this is the solution for us and I look forward to making this our solution for patching.

Cons

I guess the only con would be that the management interface could be a little better. But that is about it.