Microsoft Azure Logo

Microsoft Azure

Desktop virtualization platform to enable remote access

Microsoft Azure Reviews

User ratings

4.6

1K
  • Likelihood to recommend8.43/10

See full reviews by rating

Pros

Cons

The pleasure of sharing important content such as videos and graphics that I want to share in a comfortable, fast and secure way without any restrictions is invaluable.
Azure gives you the peace of mind of a super powerful machine with adequate storage for you to do your job.
Microsoft Azure is a great platform that provides secure and reliable data sources for our company which is very important. It is easy to use and very effective software.
Also, if you forgot a DEV machine on over the night, with no need, you will be charged.
I received and email (turns out from a Bot) and this was ignored apart from a missed call from someone, who I then could not get hold of.

Microsoft Azure users...

Jira-logocaret

Jira

Amazon RDS-logocaret

Amazon RDS

How would you rate Microsoft Azure?

1,026 reviews

Grant W.

DevOps Engineer

Education Management, 51-200 employees

Azure for Hosted VM's

Transcript

Grant W.: Hi, there. My name's Grant. I'm a DevOps engineer. I think I would give Microsoft Azure four...

There is no other choice for MSPs--it's Azure

Transcript

Joseph: Hi, I'm Joseph and I'm a Chief Revenue Officer in the software industry. I give Microsoft Azure...

Microsoft Azure

Microsoft Azure is a cloud based patform which allows to carry out a wide and diverse range of operations from anywhere and on device using internet.

Pros

Microsoft Azure is a cloud based online computing platform. You can use it individually or in combination with other cloud based platforms. It is very user friendly and easy to deploy. It also works as a complete API, which makes it the est choice for team working remotely on software development. It has a plethora of online documents and helping material which makes it easy to understand and use the 200+ functions that it offers.

Cons

It is very difficult to deploy VM in Microsoft Azure through a VHD file because of its rigidity with some third party softwares.

MS Azure Review

As overall, in the market, AZURE is the strongest tool that offers services for developing and developing the ML-based application. The tool offers easy implementation and maintenance of the application.

Pros

We have been using the AZURE ML service for more than a year now. The best part of the service is its worthiness for the price that we pay. Compared to the competitors, Azure offers the service in less price and provides a one stop shop for developing and deploying a complete application

Cons

The software still needs improvement with the ease of deploying the service and maintaining the documentation of the logs.

Azure has a long way to go

Azure is developing itself continuously and I believe it will be better in the future.

Pros

I gave 5 stars to its features and functionality because Azure really tries hard to stay competitive in the market and it has most of the features that a cloud provider should offer. We use Azure to provide our services to our customers that work with Microsoft. What I like the most about Azure is its AI tools. Azure is really successful when it comes to machine learning.

Cons

I will be a little bit cruel about Customer Support and Ease of Use. We work with Azure as CSP partners. One day we had a problem with one of our servers and I couldn't even reach to support team to get help. Later I learned that since we are CSP partners we cannot directly get in touch with Azure team. Instead we should contact our local dealer to get support. It is tiring to involve bureaucracy...

excellent web hosting platform

part of our web environment is hosted in azure, we have virtual machines with applications, this has provided us with resources and less internal costs for the purchase of hardware

Pros

part of what I like the most is using virtual machines, since it is more my area, we currently have an environment where we have several applications, it is very useful and easy to use, excellent product

Cons

For someone who has no knowledge at first it can be a bit difficult, but after you learn you see how easy it is.

Cargas de trabajo en la nube

Tenemos un par de años que estamos ocupando servicios en Azure y los casos de uso con los que lo usamos nos han dado muchos beneficios en la relación costo/beneficio.

Pros

La creación de Servicios en Azure es muy dinámica y fácil. Se pueden tener el control de costos muy controlado. El desbordamiento de procesamiento lo podemos realizar cuando se requiera. Azure nos permite de forma muy fácil integrar seguridad en las cargas de trabajo.

Cons

Algunos aspectos de servicios asociados que no quedan muy claros que debemos considerar en el tema de los costos.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Recently became one of the top players on the market

We deploy our SaaS product on Azure.

Pros

Great integrations if you are using Microsoft based tech stack (.NET, Visual Studio, MSSQL, IIS, etc.). New features and services are added regularly. Good stability and reliability.

Cons

It still has less features, tutorials and community than AWS.

Unlimited computing power.. at a cost

Pros

The performance of the VMs was top notch. I was able to pick exactly which resources I wanted for each VM.

Cons

Every conceivable metric is billed separately making the cost impossible to predict or understand. Costs constantly increased month after month, and support was either unwilling or unable to help me understand how to make the costs stop increasing. I eventually stopped using Azure because of this, which is unfortunate as it had the best performing VMs out of the many vendors I have tried. Usage is billed by the minute, leading to the need to micromanage when the machine is running. An extra hassle that I’d as soon do without. Setup/deployment is also immensely complex and you will need an experienced IT team to handle the administration just like for an on-site network.

Best Cloud Solution

Over all Microsoft Azure is go to cloud solution which offers various very useful services. Few of the most important which is used extensively by us are cloud computing, storage, load balancing, elasticity. It's high availability and elasticity are key features which helps us our applications keep running and available during peak hours.

Pros

Microsoft Azure is a leading cloud service providers. It's services such as Cloud computing, storage, networking, Databases, Active directory. Extensive documentation and help all over the internet. It's very easy to migrate to Azure from local Data centres. Hardware cost and maintenance reduces heavily. Migrated our application on elastic computing which scales in/out based out on load (as defined in the configuration).

Cons

Cost analysis becomes little bit difficult, although they have dedicated services for it. But tagging resources and grouping them together is very time consuming.

Tie everything, and I mean everything, together.

Pros

Ability to have SSO is a huge win! Also the ease of managing users in a single platform sells itself.

Cons

Sometimes the links are not 100% clear so problem finding can be a challenge.

Free tier for small businesses is okay

Pros

Compared to a local Windows Server with Active Directory, Azure AD is free to use (for most things we need for a small company). We use Azure for SAML SSO and SCIM with supported services. We use Exchange Online for mail services and collaboration with Microsoft Teams. All those services need Microsoft Accounts, which you can easily manage with Microsoft Azure.

Cons

You need a bit of time until you get used to the different Azure apps and until you understand what app is for.

The best cloud service

It was an excellent solution to us. We use many of its background services: file storage, database housing, is a very good application

Pros

The platform is very professional and requires good technical knowledge, its free period of use is one year and you just have to pay for it. During the last three decades, due to the obvious advantages of Microsoft in the field of business computer science, Microsoft is quickly updating. Your work is relatively easy. In addition to providing recovery, import and export sites, and Azure backup, Microsoft...

Cons

You must when it is a bit difficult to configure, and some services are not available.

Microsoft Azure the Logical Advancement for Microsoft Stack; Still learning and improving

The main things we wanted to address with Azure were 1) Overhead of hardware that we had to maintain. The cost of electricity, space, cooling, hardware itself, people with the skills to build new servers, etc. are reduced. 2) uptime/ availability and redundancy. Just let a giant company like Microsoft handle it. 3) Scalability. We can change the size of the VM with a simple click and reboot, sometimes less. This was not possible when we owned the hardware. 4) simplify upgrades. 5) Theoretically reduce cost. I was not actually included in the cost and purchase, just some implementation, but all of the above reasons contribute to designing an environment to be scaled how we need it, distributing power and resources where needed more fluidly.

Pros

The Azure portal is the home of many functions. The fact that this web-based portal houses so much functionality and administrative work can make it easily accessible from anywhere with internet. You no longer have to be in our firm's network. Generally it was a smooth transition to Azure from standard Windows servers, though there were some learning points and growing pains. Mostly it seemed to boil down to knowing/learning which option to select or how to configure. It also has fairly good monitoring and visualizations to help keep track of administrative tasks. Speed of going from nothing to having a new server is much faster than it used to be, as are scalable adjustments. Staying with the Microsoft stack, integration was the standard level of difficulty.

Cons

While monitoring is good, alerting and actual push notifications seem to be lacking. This means you have to know where to look and do so to find out if anything is wrong. We've had to figure out other tools and custom alerting to handle certain scenarios. Some things that are supposed to work seem to have the occasional quirk, like a windows update. Only 1 sticks out as being a huge critical issue, but Microsoft fixed it after getting to the right person. I've seen (what I think are) some unexplained networking hiccups, all of which resolve themselves with no IT user effort. But I don't know some of those pieces, and may be over speaking. The only one that affects me directly is that I occasionally see a 'sephamore timeout' when connecting to SQL server.

Azure is the best cloud service provider there is. Very reliable and secure.

Overall Microsoft Azure has been excellent. Migrating from onsite solutions to Microsoft Azure had been the best decision my company has made. Azure has proven to be faster, more efficient and secure than our former onsite set up.

Pros

Azure totally bests onsite solutions when it comes to deployment speed and speed of scalability. This is what motivated my companies decision to move from onsite to cloud. The most powerful feature that has been a game changer for my company is Azure VM(Virtual Machines). My team and I were able to create our own customised virtual machines very easily and in a matter of minutes. All we had to do was...

Cons

I don't have any complaints about Azure's functionality performance or reliability it has been excellent. However I do have a problem with Azures somewhat clunky and chaotic interface. I would prefer a more refined and easy to navigate interface. Also a clear and transparent pricing system is needed to enable us users determine how much a particular addition will cost instead of having to "guess" a little.

The total cloud solution for medium to large companies

We implemented an API Microservice architecture. After the initial implementation we thought it was really fast to implement. But after a year or so, the same problem arises that always arises: development halts or gets complicated, solving small bugs becomes a daily task. From then on only one thing matters: find the bug within 5 seconds, while the "customer" (or reporter) is on the other end of the telephone line. And from then on, azure shows it's chaotic head. What queue is used by this function through what API Manager API, and who else uses this? We try to solve this by documenting everything (and its relation to anything else) in a documentation environment (not azure).

Pros

It can do so many things... after 2 years of using this product I think I still haven't touched half of what's possible. It makes creating API's, flows, queues, logging a lot easier, since the boring stuff (maintaining the tools that allows that functionality) is taken care of. Also, the support is great. There are many learning paths and they're all very easy to follow.

Cons

Azure is very chaotic. A cloud solution almost always incorporates some kind of API environment. For an API environment it's really important that it follows some kind of domain driven architecture. After creating hundreds of API's, you really want to be able to categorize the API's according to your organization's enterprise domain architecture, otherwise it gets really hqrd to search through hundreds...

Great tools, stable server

I have been using it for several years, in our company we have several customer projects on Azure, especially in ASP.NET. There is a certain latency that is a little too great between the data server and the application server, when it uses a SQL Server base (much higher than in your traditional hosting provider). We miss a simple button to install Lets Encrypt on websites, everything is manual. For backup we use competitor G which is much cheaper. Our customers really like application stability and response time.

Pros

The best thing about Azure is flexibility, you can put a lot of projects there, in different languages and technologies. If you use .NET it becomes even easier, as it has several integrations in native components, including the development IDE.

Cons

Mainly the price. In Brazil, being charged on a dollar basis is very expensive, it is difficult to pass this on to the customer. The recent 21% readjustment was abusive. It also fails to deliver simple ways to perform trivial tasks: you suffer if you want to create a simple backup of your website or database. Leaving the trivial, the technical bureaucracy is enormous.

The New Way to Develop, Deploy, and Maintain

I honestly really like it. In the beginning (as with anyone) I found myself constantly wanting to go back to Pivotal or VM Ware's suite of tools and software but after learning what Azure can do and getting comfortable with it, its not so bad. Learning shortcuts and tricks makes a big difference in speeding up your tasks so I highly recommend learning how the folks at Microsoft utilize Azure as they know all the tips and tricks. Other than that, its sturdy, reliable, and its reaching its "One-stop shop" capabilities as I learn more and continue using it.

Pros

Microsoft went all out to develop the one-stop shop for enterprise development. Azure has everything you need to succeed when it comes to development, deploying, staging, maintaining, and monitoring. Microsoft has gone the extra mile to make sure all steps have their own respective software or portal to ensure maximum fluid integration. When it all works, it works very very well. You won't be needing...

Cons

When something did break, Microsoft's support is slow at best. No matter what the urgency, it always took an extra push or kick to really get Microsoft's attention. Regardless of the severity of any issue found, I believe that Microsoft should really look into understanding their client's impact and not just determine severity based on their outlook (no pun intended). Azure overall is great and this is really the only significant issue I have found. Also, the Azure suite is nothing you can learn over night but given the amount of features and capabilities, it may take some time to learn it all. I will say that it is similar to other tools and software used in the same field so it makes it easier but if you want to use its true potential, it will still take time to learn.

The service provided by Azure is priceless!

Intuitive and easy to use. You do not have problems uploading files. the convenience of being able to store very large files in multiple gigabytes is great. An affordable, reliable product.I love that it provides easy access to everything we keep. My experience with Azure is great.

Pros

Its design is pleasant and intuitive. It is easy to use and is a reliable great tool for my cloud storage needs. I like that it is easy to store all kinds of data and data drop extensions. It is truly an excellent online storage program. It allows the sharing of large videos and graphics, which are difficult to send by e-mail, thanks to this feature, it perfectly supports the workflow and contributes...

Cons

I haven't had any bad experience with Azure, I am very satisfied.

Excellent Cloud Plataform for Visual Studio users

I think is a great product, all is available in one place. It is integrated with external basic tools like emails and many of them are free with some limits. Deploy a new version of a service in a new environment is really quick. Azure is really competitive in terms of cost in windows or other plataforms. In my case which I mainly work with MS Visual Studio I would recommed it over the others.

Pros

As a Visual Studio developer it easy to create a service or project from visual studio and deploy to azure. It offers a free tier to test the best option to implement a service or application. We have access to detailed management cost analysis tool that includes budget alerts as a way to monitor the cost of the services. For a beginner I think that is easier to use than AWS or Google. Experts can customize all features of each service and follow service recommendations. Azure has an exceptional service called Application Insights which brings all information about performance, errors and use. Related services are fully integrated and ready to use as soon is deployed. i.e. A SQL Azure database from a web application. High availability, we have never had an issue related to the service.

Cons

Azure requires at least a basic management for each service. For basic users that are starting to use it there could be an even simple service configuration and options available UI. Something like Basic or Experts configuration. Because of the huge list of available settings and options sometimes it is hard to find what the user wants. Basic and free tiers could have some limitations with the access to some specific functionalities like for instance GDI to create reports.

Great software!

Turning up virtual conditions and facilitating programming for customers and we utilize cold and hot stockpiling for customers servers and backs with sky blue as they offer probably the best stockpiling rates when contrasted with AWS. We can likewise turn up virtual area and dynamic indexes for our customers to expel the warmth and upkeep from little offices on the edge of their condition that probably won't have a committed space for IT. Permitting us to now just offsite the IT yet in addition the foundation.

Pros

I have discovered the best use for Azure is to off site the IT equipment for framework, So now IT can have the group off site as well as now that off site group doesn't need to stress over the servers being moved by workers messing around in the system closets.Allowing whole organizations to be overseen off site.

Cons

Lacking options for life cycle management. - Some of the capacities just work in the great gateway. The unwavering quality of the administrations relies upon the innovative and monetary limit of the suppliers of administrations in the cloud. The data of the organization must experience various hubs to arrive at its goal, every one of them (and its channels) are a wellspring of frailty. The centralization...

AWS who?.....

Spinning up virtual environments and hosting software for clients and we use cold and hot storage for clients servers and backs with azure as they offer some of the best storage rates as compared to AWS. We can also spin up virtual domain and active directories for our clients to remove the heat and maintenance from small facilities on the edge of their environment that might not have a dedicated space for IT. Allowing us to now only offsite the IT but also the infrastructure.

Pros

I have found the best use for Azure is to off site the IT hardware for infrastructure, So now IT can not only have the team off site but now that off site team doesn't have to worry about the servers being touched by employees messing around in the network closets.Allowing entire companies to be managed off site.

Cons

Price on VMs, non transparent price, ease to setup redundancy...

A powerful platform with tons of options but a confusing interface and unclear pricing

Pros

There are a ton of amazing points about Azure. The ease of which you can spool up new websites, databases, or even entire virtual machines is incredible. You can do in minutes what would take you hours to do on site. Setting up communication between resources is also quite easy. Inside each installed item (website, VM, SQL Server, etc.), there will be options that you can configure. These options make it very easy to quickly configure your resources in a way that is best. Not sure what you should do for setup? No problem. There are usually only a few pages of options, so it is easy enough to click through each page and read them (and their associated help). That allows for a much better experience for even novice Azure users.

Cons

I like Azure a lot, but there are definitely some big areas for improvement. The biggest, I think, is a very clear and transparent pricing system. It is very difficult to figure out what a certain addition will do to impact your monthly pricing. You have to guess a bit at what you think will happen and where you think you are at overall to figure out if you can afford to add another resource. That's...

Deploy workloads and sync/ integrate seamlessly within Microsoft Ecosystem with Microsoft Azure

Overall, our organization heavily rely on Microsoft applications and therefore, Microsoft Azure being part of that ecosystem, and further enriching the whole experience by seamlessly integrations and connectivity, makes Microsft Azure services the best fit. Also, reliability is one of the most important characteristics, which is heavily looked over by large scale organizations. Since this platform is backed with huge reliability, Microsoft Azure becomes the choice of many large scale companies.

Pros

1. Reliability: is one of the major advantages of Microsoft Azure. Since it is a platform built by one of the industry pioneers, anyone can blindly rely on the fact that Microsoft Azure is one of the best in case of reliability. 2. Huge variety of managed services are available to choose from, which would provide almost any service as a managed service on this platform. 3. The model - Pay what and when you use, is one of the most attractive features of these services. From small scale to large scale companies are attracted, solely because of this feature-set, which is only available in cloud-based service like Microsoft Azure.

Cons

1. Complex User Interface: is by far my top concern while using this platform. Although, the platform is capable of doing so much, however, the placement of feature-sets is not appropriately done. The UI of the platform could be made a little bit more user friendly, which would enhance the user experience, immensely. 2. Better cache services: can reduce laggy-ness in the platform for the users who are not connected with very stable internet connections.

Can't imagine to run our Business without Azure

It's a wonderful experience using Azure. Being an startup we're able to host and manage a complex Enterprise Level business solution without any server administrator. We would not have been able to manage our product without Azure.

Pros

1. Intuitive and Fast Interface. 2. Everything possible with Azure. 3. Most Reasonable platform. 4. Multiple Technology Stack makes the life easy. 5. Ultimate Performance 6. Great analytics from usage to pricing level.

Cons

Microsoft keep on engineering and inventing the platform periodically. Whatever we think is missing is present in the immediate releases.

Experiencia con Microsoft Azure

mi experiencia a sido satisfactoria en mi caso debido a que Azure se puede adaptar fácilmente a los requisitos de rendimiento y utilización de cada empresa, ya sea una empresa local o una empresa con oficinas en diferentes países / regiones. Le permite concentrarse en los objetivos comerciales sin tener que pensar en la infraestructura que respalda el proceso. Además, desde el punto de vista del usuario, siempre obtendrás una buena experiencia, independientemente de la ubicación. su inicio de sesión seguro me permite acceder sin problema y sobre todo sin preocupaciones a mis plataformas.

Pros

Microsoft Azure. La plataforma es muy profesional y requiere buenos conocimientos técnicos, su período de uso gratuito es de un año y solo hay que pagar por ella. Durante las últimas tres décadas, debido a las obvias ventajas de Microsoft en el campo de la informática empresarial, Microsoft se está poniendo al día rápidamente. Tu trabajo es relativamente fácil. Además de proporcionar sitios de recuperación,...

Cons

Requiere tener experiencia en las plataformas un error simple podria generar problemas.

Showing original review in Spanish. See translation

Microsoft Azure - Provides us the best cloud experience right now!!!!

We work for health care across the globe , For us it is well suited fpr moving single use servers to the cloud.We were able to quickly replicate some of our servers and move their functionalities to the new azure hosted servers.Core and Advanced ADC functionalities helps us serve us customers better. Supports bigger platforms. We chose Azure as we pay only for what we use, certain applications were used rarely to produce reports but we had to pay a hefty amount. The accessibility of software and flexibility is good. Lot of features we havent explored yet. Good product and we are happy adopting it.

Pros

1. Easy integration with other microsoft products. Easy installation and use. 2. It is very user friendly and provides user friendly options for data capture and analysis. 3. Lot of options and variety of capabilities. 4. Market of Azure is growing very rapidly, the PaaS offerings are evolving and rapidly maturing. 5. Supports the current infrastructure of our company. 6. Pay only for the resources strategy helps and support our company in a big way. 7. Security management on microsoft Azure is good. 8. Cloud computing is the best feature and its virtual environment on the market is stand out. 9. Database administration is made simple and easy. 10. Less cost with high performance.

Cons

1. Monitoring the spend and billing rates are always are headache. 2.Backup and restoration process take a little bit of time. 3. User interface works slowly on firefox browsers. 4. Support and service center support should be more responsive.