Pics.io Logo

Cloud-based digital asset management solution

Pics.io Reviews

Suggested alternatives

bynder
brandfolder
flipsnack

Ease of managing over 70,000+ assets in one easy to navigate and organized space. Amazing support staff who take the time to address custom concerns and find workable solutions.
Had the best experience with the Customer Service. They are very kind, available and helpful.
Pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people.

Anthony A.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pics.io revolutionized our agency asset management, reduced costs & optimized our creative process!

It's a gamechanger for our agency, and we plan on using them forever. The cost structure is unbeatable since it's based on seats rather than media storage limits, which will save our agency hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. This is by far the biggest cost saving per SaaS our agency uses. The DAM supports all the functions you would expect from a top tier DAM software, dynamic AI based tagging, proofing, large portfolio of media extension previews, extremely quick rendering, folder support with unlimited subfolders, meta data explorer/updater, and more. Its support for Google Drives makes it unique and adds huge value.

Pros

We took a risk with Pics.io, it seemed like a newer solution in the industry and it was significantly less then what the competitors offered in terms of cost. But, it met our goals and needs perfectly. We wanted a system that would be able to seamless collect all our client's assets, which we're currently being stored inside of Google Drives and more importantly Google Shared Drives. We did not want...

Cons

At first, some less common formats like PSB (Large Photoshop Files) did not have support at all for previewing and some larger PSD's failed to preview. This would have been a major issue for us, since the entire reason we decided to go with a DAM over just a Google Drive was to be able to quickly preview media files in mass. Pics.io was able to quickly fix these issues and add FULL support once we...

Anthony, we highly appreciate your being with Pics.io and sharing your experience. We are continuously working on improving our product and our support team is always here to help.

EG

Emily G.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

Pics.io is a good asset management tool for small organizations

My overall experience with Pics.io has been positive.

Pros

Pics.io is an easy-to-use tool at a modest price-point. It was easy to implement since it syncs with Google Drive. It was not intuitive at first, but I quickly got used to the interface. The customer service is great. There's always a representative available within minutes via their chat, and they help me resolve issues quickly. Overall, I'm happy with the software.

Cons

The Pics.io web views are not as customizable as I would like them to be. The asset inbox cannot be customized, so we can't use it for external stakeholders, since it's not brand-aligned. The AI feature is not great at identifying keywords for assets. It could be improved.

Hello Emily, Thanks for your feedback! We've recently added a customization feature to inboxes, so now you can modify them to match your requirements! We're always working on making our DAM system better for all the clients. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please contact our support team. Thanks for being a Pics.io user!

AH

Angelo H.

Comes up a bit short of the big giants

I used Pics.io for my personal photo business. I wanted a way to be able to collaborate with my fellow photographers and editors on certain projects and I found this software to be somewhat useful. I liked the fact that it works right on top of Google Drive, but I wanted something more to it -- maybe something more fluid streamlined. Maybe it hasn't dawned on me just yet, but I feel as if Pics.io is still not matured enough to compete with other software giants like Adobe, etc..

Cons

Hello Angelo, We are sorry to hear about your experience. Our team has been working on Pics.io DAM all this time to satisfy our clients' needs. You're welcome to try our solution again or leave your feedback by contacting us at support@pics.io.

Mariana D.

Truly Transformative Marketing Tool

Pros

Pics.io DAM system has revolutionized our operations. We store all our essential materials – from marketing collaterals to presentations, social media post images, and beyond – right in the Pics.io library using Google Drive storage. What stands out for me is how intuitive and easy-to-use the platform is. Even those who aren't tech-savvy can navigate the system with ease. Searching for assets is a...

Cons

Occasional bugs that get fixed in no time :)

Vira S.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Revolutionizing our digital asset management with pics.io

Pros

As the Relationships Manager, I have found Pics.io to be a game-changer when it comes to our digital asset management process.The product is incredibly easy to use, and the user-friendly interface has allowed our team to quickly and easily manage our digital assets.The search function is very powerful and allows us to quickly find the assets we need, even if we have thousands of files to sort through.The collaboration features are also very impactful, as they allow us to easily share and work on assets with other team members, no matter where they are located.Integration with our existing business processes was easy, and we were able to start using Pics.io almost immediately without any major disruptions.

Cons

It would be helpful if there were more customization options available for the interface, such as the ability to change the layout to better suit our team's preferences.The pricing structure can be a bit confusing at times, and it would be helpful if there were more transparency around the costs associated with different plans.

Hello Vira, We appreciate your feedback! You can check our pricing on our website - https://pics.io/pricing. We're constantly working to make Pics.io better for our clients. If you have any other questions or suggestions, please, contact our support team. Thanks for being a Pics.io user!

VD

Valeriia D.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

DAM Solution that Exceeded Expectations

Pros

In our bustling content marketing company, we've found our perfect partner in Pics.io DAM. It's a treasure trove of features, all designed to make our work a whole lot smoother. The standout for us? The comprehensive search tools. No matter what we're looking for, Pics.io makes it a cinch to find.Given our diverse team (that includes numerous external stakeholders), the user permissions feature has...

Cons

No disadvantages so far! Everything is great.

KY

Katie Y.

Arts and Crafts, 1-10 employees

Amazing Support from Pics.io

Pros

Cons

Sometimes lags with the size of our packages, sending thousands of files daily.

Jane D.

Financial Services, 11-50 employees

A good tool for our workflow

The experience of using this DAM shows that it really can save time and therefore money. The main thing is not too lazy to set up different roles in the system and some rules for loading assets. The trial may not answer all your questions, so try to go to a demo to clarify all questions.

Pros

This is a really good DAM for not a lot of money. Considering you're not overpaying for storage and you can keep all your assets on your Google Drive. We had a few storages we were working with and the Pics.io team helped us with a full migration to Google Drive.

Cons

I really want autotagging for videos, just like it is implemented for images. But this is not very critical, now we use the transcribing function for this.

Hello Jane, Thanks for your feedback! As of now, AI keyword tagging is only available for images in our DAM. Using the AI transcription feature is a great solution here! Our team is working hard to make Pics.io software better every day. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact our support. Thanks for choosing Pics.io!

Valeria R.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Great DAM that is easy to use.

Our experience with Pics.io has been excellent. The biggest value for our team is the ability to quickly find photos and videos when we need them, and the extremely easy sharing of resources with our team and external contractors. In fact, with pics.io, we stopped doing unnecessary steps such as downloading and then uploading some materials.

Pros

Auto-tagging, face recognition, an easy process of receiving assets via inbox, and an equally easy process of sharing. Ultra-easy synchronization with Google Drive.

Cons

At the current stage, we are fully satisfied with this solution.

Tetiana B.

Accounting, 11-50 employees

Picsio is the optimal solution for our workflow

Pros

The main functions of DAM work perfectly, these are search, filtering, shoring, different levels of user access. I would like to mention facial recognition and audio/video transcribing separately. Not obvious, but these features are sometimes very helpful. For example, you can analyze records of calls with customers by searching through the transcribed text. It's a great time-saver.

Cons

It took me a long time to get used to the right-hand Details panel. There is something uncomfortable about it. It's not critical, but I would like it to be cleaned up :)

Hello Tetiana, Thank you for your feedback! We understand that it can be frustrating if things don't work as expected. However, our team is constantly working on improving our DAM and we will be happy to hear your suggestions if you have any. You can contact us at support@pics.io and tell us your suggestions and ideas. Thank you again for being a Pics.io user!

HB

Holly B.

Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 employees

Fantastic value and stellar support!

Our photo library and photo management process had been a total cluster nightmare before we switched to Pics. We have thousands and thousands of photos that had previously been stored in a bunch of different places, haphazardly categorized, not syncing properly, and overrunning our hard drive space. Cleaning up that kind of mess definitely does not happen overnight, but I’m relieved that we now have the right tool to be able to do so. Now our main problem is just finding the time to transfer and organize our huge backlog, instead of fighting with the software as we had in the past.

Pros

TONS of features and highly customizable. Too many to discuss them all here, but to cover just a few… My very favorite features are the hierarchical keywords / ability to use a controlled vocabulary for keywords (rare in products that fit in our budget), granular permissions for different user roles AND within specific folders, and "audit trails" that show who did what and when. Pics.io’s “websites”...

Cons

Although the search functionality is very robust, many of the more powerful searches require using specific syntax rather than the graphic search interface. I'm generally okay with that myself (although sometimes I get stumped and need to take some time to figure out a particular search), but some of my colleagues find using search syntax less intuitive, and so they can struggle to find things when...

Holly! Thank you for review. We appreciate your company being with us and continue working on our product.

SF

Scott F.

Information Technology and Services, self-employed

Amazing Digital Asset Management Program

I set out looking for a way to manage my digital assets so that they become useful to me, and didn't cost me more time trying to find what I wanted. Pic.io allows me to save tons of space on my internal drives AND backup drives by using an infinitely expandable Google Drive system, and does it all AFFORDABLE, not to mention that it can scale up to fit future needs. Customer for life right here.

Pros

So of course, I LOVE the price levels in Pics.io, especially compared to all the other DAM software platforms out there. Past that, I LOVE the fact that they built this system to run directly from Google Drive, which is great affordable storage. I was able to use a program on my computer to upload ALL of my Digital Assets to the chosen folder on my Google Drive, and from there Pics.io worked its magic and is doing its part to keep me working. The ability to create custom tags, keywords AND custom fields is absolutely what I needed, all in a package I can afford that will grow with me into the future!

Cons

While I LOVE the fact that this system runs its storage directly from Google Drive, I do wish there was a way to run it from Amazon AWS Cloud Storage, or even my own on-site server. My catalog is huge, so uploading it all was a pain. I also wish that it did more automatic processing of things like keywords and details. I know some of that is impossible, but to a point, it isn't for basic info.

Hello Scott, We appreciate your detailed feedback! Now Pics.io DAM integrates both with Google Drive and Amazon Cloud storages! If you have any questions or suggestions, contact us at support@pics.io anytime!

Valeriia D.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Seamless Integration

Pros

Switching to Pics.io's digital asset management (DAM) system was one of the best decisions for our company in the past year! Its intuitive interface is easy to use, making onboarding very smooth and not stressful. The learning curve was minimal, and we were able to train our team quickly, improving our operational efficiency significantly. Pics.io's responsiveness deserves special mention. Their customer support is prompt and efficient, always ready to assist with any issues. We've witnessed improvements in our workflow and project management due to the powerful features and smooth integration. We store all kinds of digital assets in this DAM, including documents, pdf files, video and audio records, etc. And looking for the necessary files has never been easier.

Cons

Minor Issue: At first, metadata management took time. However, using Pics.io's AI smart tagging helped a lot. This made the task quicker and easier.

EM

ELENA M.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Most comprehensible asset management tool so far but one glitch in the beginning sorta spoilt it

Overall, we liked it and kept using it even after the folder were killed thanks to the tagging

Pros

We used the tool to tag and share 4000 images among various parts of our projects. We liked the color tagging, word tagging, folders and various sorting tools which also included the search for untagged images

Cons

However at some point due to a glitch or a mistake by one of our users the google disk storing our actual files got disconnected from the pics.io account and on reconnection all our folders became a mess. Thank god tags survived, but folders were gone and we had been relying a lot on them. Turned out that uploading images through pics.io was a mistake. We should have uploaded the folders and images straight to the google disk and then synchronise it with pics.io. If it was part of the training on how to use the tool, then we had missed out on it.

Elena, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience disconnecting Google disc, however this is normal behavior of the system. To prevent misunderstanding, we show a big modal window explaining that disconnecting Google disc will lead to losing folder structure. We keep working on constantly improving on-boarding flow and will be happy to hear your suggestions Thank you again for being Pics.io user.

HW

Hannah W.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

The perfect solution to our problem!

So far our experience with Pics.io has been seemless. We have not had any issues, and the team has gotten on board quickly. No longer are we trying to find images from our propertys or events. We are able to go in and search for them. By using Pics.io we are saving our employees so much time and gaining a considerable number of picture and video assets in our digital library!

Pros

We desperately needed some type of database to hold our company's images all while being able to search via keywords and upload and download. All of these features are so easy to use on Pics.io!

Cons

Our company has had no cons with the software!

RC

Ross C.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

pics.io is a DAM great solution (har)

pics.io has helped us really make better use of our digital assets, better unlocking the potential of our work. we've still only scratched the surface of building our processes to leverage pics.io

Pros

Pics.io does what you want out of a DAM while leveraging the power of google drive for storage. It is priced very competitively and has been adding new features at a rapid pace. The support team has been very responsive and actually adds features we request. How bout that!?

Cons

i haven't had any complaints so far. pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people

Ross, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working with Pics.io. Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

SW

Simon W.

Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 11-50 employees

Pics - It was and still is the right DAM system for us

Pros

-Using Google Drive as the backbone let's you profit from features of both software platforms (pics and google drive). -It writes Metadata directly into the asset files. That is a great feature -The team continuously improves the platform, one of the latest additions is the Adobe Integrations -For a DAM it pics offers cutting edge performance at a great price

Cons

It has to function within the file restrictions of Google Drive which poses some limits when working with one file on multiple locations... For example if one assets is put into two folders it will duplicate the real asset in the background (at least to my knowledge).

Simon, thank you for being with Pics.io. We highly appreciate your feedback and always continue working on improving our product. Our support team is here to help with all the questions.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

An excellent DAM for our marketing operations

Pros

"Our marketing team has been using Pics.io for several months now, and we've found it to be an excellent digital asset management (DAM) system. The platform has allowed us to easily organize and store all of our brand materials in one central location, and the powerful search functionality has made it easy to quickly locate specific assets by applying tags and filters. We've also appreciated the platform's...

Cons

While we've found Pics.io to be generally user-friendly, we have run into some technical challenges with some of its more advanced features. For example, some members of our team have needed additional training and support to fully leverage the platform's capabilities.

EK

Ekaterina K.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pics.io helped us organize documents for marketing and more

Pros

"I think pics.io is a great DAM system that has completely closed our needs for managing and storing photos, videos, PDFs and even external files by adding links.I really like the feature of uploading files from outside using inbox. This is usually how we accept files from contractors. You can then open that folder with a link to download the files.The tool also has features like face recognition and video transcription. This opens up a lot of possibilities, but we haven't implemented it in our workflow yet."

Cons

"A little inconvenient that some features need to buy in the format of credits. But otherwise I do not see any negative sides of the product. It covers our needs 100%."

JL

Jonny L.

Media Production, 1-10 employees

Phenomenal Platform, Better Customer Support

See the above. I love Pics.io and have enthusiastically recommended and referred many industry colleagues to the platform.

Pros

The versatility of Pics.Io makes it an absolute no brainer of a platform. It has all the functionality we need to effectively organize and view our content along with a huge array of additional features such as metadata tagging, simple website deployment for client review, and multi-level/team usage that make it indispensable. This paralleled with unrivaled customer support make it one of my all time favorite pieces of software that I've had the pleasure of deploying while in business.

Cons

There are a few nit-picky bugs here and there, but the customer support is always on top of user feedback, which has made these bugs/cons a non starter.

IH

Iryna H.

Information Technology and Services, 51-200 employees

The tool covers 100% of marketing needs

Pros

"We are happy with all the basic functions: assets sharing, file comparison, inboxes, keywords search and metadata, version control.I also want to mention the easy integration with Google drive. No need to migrate data. There are other interesting features that we just tested. For example, speech to text transcription. It is very convenient if you need to work with video all the time. We haven't built this into our workflow yet."

Cons

"It would be cool if autotagging was trained. But as far as I understand, it uses a third-party service and cannot be trained specifically on your set of asserts and your actions.This is more of a wish."

Hello Iryna, Thanks for your feedback! For AI keyword tagging, you can also create a controlled vocabulary and choose the relevant keywords yourself. If you have any other questions or suggestions on our functionality, feel free to contact our support. Thanks for being a Pics.io user!

RK

Rachel K.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Vastly improved workflow

Customer service has been top notch, questions are always answered in a and thorough and timely manner.

Pros

Love the ease of use and ability to locate assets through both search, folder location and visual display. It has increased my workflow and makes my job so much easier. External sharing with search features is amazing too. Slick, sexy UI is no comparison to other asset management software I've looked at. The full free trial really solidified my decision to use this software. Most of all, I love that you can download different file formats from PSDs and Illustrator files. This has made asset sharing with team members a breeze.

Cons

Haven't found anything I don't like about it.

RS

Rob S.

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

Good Features, Good Price, Great Service

We need to quickly get new media assets to our partners and our social media team and this does the job really well. It has been a life saver and is really easy to administer. Additionally, their support team is first rate. We have only been on board a few months but have seen the product evolve and improve. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Pros

The direct integration with Google Drive saves us lots of admin time. Pricing is much more reasonable than some of the competitors we evaluated.

Cons

Auto sync could use some improvement as it doesn't always work but all i have to do is hit a button to force a sync so it is no big deal.

Rob, Thank you for being our customer. Our CTO is currently working on improving our auto sync and it will be working perfectly very soon. Thank you, again.

Computer Software, 51-200 employees

Very helpful with all types of digital assets

Pros

Pics.io DAM system has revolutionized our data management approach as a Customer Data Platform (CDP) company. It has efficiently catered to our specific needs of managing, organizing, and retrieving a massive array of digital assets.With the system's user-friendly interface and comprehensive features (ecternal links, face recognition, keywords search, etc.), I can now accurately categorize, tag, and swiftly retrieve our data assets. This has significantly expedited data processing for all our company employees.

Cons

With no major disadvantages noticed. Maybe, version control feature can be a bit simplified as it's a bit confusing to figure out where each version is

Hello there, Thank you for your feedback! We understand that it can be frustrating if things don't work as expected. Regarding version control feature, you can choose one version and set it as the current revision in the Activity panel on the right side of the asset. You can find more info on this in our Help Center -https://help.pics.io/en/articles/1269332-uploading-and-comparing-revisions-in-pics-io. Hope that this will help! Our team is constantly working on improving our DAM and we will be happy to hear your suggestions if you have any. You can contact us at support@pics.io and tell us your suggestions and ideas. Thank you again for being a Pics.io user!

Khrystyna Y.

Marketing and Advertising, 11-50 employees

Pics.io is a great tool for managing marketing assets

Pros

The search, filtering, access control, and overall account structuring capabilities have proven to be excellent. It is very convenient to receive files from contractors with the help of Inbox. And also to share individual collections using websites. Also like the fact that I did not have to transfer files from my Google Drive. We just plugged our GD into Pics.io and got to work.

Cons

We use the PAYG rate with some extras. On this tariff, support is only available by mail. It is not very convenient.

Hello Khrystyna, Thanks for your feedback! We're really sorry that you've experienced some inconveniences with our platform. Our team is working hard every day to improve the Pics.io DAM system. Thanks for being a Pics.io user!