Pics.io Reviews

Pics.io

Cloud-based digital asset management solution

Pics.io

Review Summary

Pros

Great Product!!!!! this helps keep everything organized. We absolutely love this software and its so easy to use.

Angelica C.

Really easy to use, great organisation tools, good team collaboration tools, fantastic customer support.

Duncan T.

Scott F.

Holly B.

Turned out that uploading images through pics.io was a mistake.

ELENA M.

Pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people.

Ross C.

4.7

Pics.io revolutionized our agency asset management, reduced costs & optimized our creative process!

It's a gamechanger for our agency, and we plan on using them forever. The cost structure is unbeatable since it's based on seats rather than media storage limits, which will save our agency hundreds of thousands of dollars per year. This is by far the biggest cost saving per SaaS our agency uses. The DAM supports all the functions you would expect from a top tier DAM software, dynamic AI based tagging, proofing, large portfolio of media extension previews, extremely quick rendering, folder support with unlimited subfolders, meta data explorer/updater, and more. Its support for Google Drives makes it unique and adds huge value.

Pros

We took a risk with Pics.io, it seemed like a newer solution in the industry and it was significantly less then what the competitors offered in terms of cost. But, it met our goals and needs perfectly. We wanted a system that would be able to seamless collect all our client's assets, which we're currently being stored inside of Google Drives and more importantly Google Shared Drives. We did not want...

Cons

At first, some less common formats like PSB (Large Photoshop Files) did not have support at all for previewing and some larger PSD's failed to preview. This would have been a major issue for us, since the entire reason we decided to go with a DAM over just a Google Drive was to be able to quickly preview media files in mass. Pics.io was able to quickly fix these issues and add FULL support once we...

Anthony, we highly appreciate your being with Pics.io and sharing your experience. We are continuously working on improving our product and our support team is always here to help.

Fantastic value and stellar support!

Our photo library and photo management process had been a total cluster nightmare before we switched to Pics. We have thousands and thousands of photos that had previously been stored in a bunch of different places, haphazardly categorized, not syncing properly, and overrunning our hard drive space. Cleaning up that kind of mess definitely does not happen overnight, but I’m relieved that we now have the right tool to be able to do so. Now our main problem is just finding the time to transfer and organize our huge backlog, instead of fighting with the software as we had in the past.

Pros

TONS of features and highly customizable. Too many to discuss them all here, but to cover just a few… My very favorite features are the hierarchical keywords / ability to use a controlled vocabulary for keywords (rare in products that fit in our budget), granular permissions for different user roles AND within specific folders, and "audit trails" that show who did what and when. Pics.io’s “websites”...

Cons

Although the search functionality is very robust, many of the more powerful searches require using specific syntax rather than the graphic search interface. I'm generally okay with that myself (although sometimes I get stumped and need to take some time to figure out a particular search), but some of my colleagues find using search syntax less intuitive, and so they can struggle to find things when...

Holly! Thank you for review. We appreciate your company being with us and continue working on our product.

Phenomenal Platform, Better Customer Support

See the above. I love Pics.io and have enthusiastically recommended and referred many industry colleagues to the platform.

Pros

The versatility of Pics.Io makes it an absolute no brainer of a platform. It has all the functionality we need to effectively organize and view our content along with a huge array of additional features such as metadata tagging, simple website deployment for client review, and multi-level/team usage that make it indispensable. This paralleled with unrivaled customer support make it one of my all time favorite pieces of software that I've had the pleasure of deploying while in business.

Cons

There are a few nit-picky bugs here and there, but the customer support is always on top of user feedback, which has made these bugs/cons a non starter.

Comes up a bit short of the big giants

I used Pics.io for my personal photo business. I wanted a way to be able to collaborate with my fellow photographers and editors on certain projects and I found this software to be somewhat useful. I liked the fact that it works right on top of Google Drive, but I wanted something more to it -- maybe something more fluid streamlined. Maybe it hasn't dawned on me just yet, but I feel as if Pics.io is still not matured enough to compete with other software giants like Adobe, etc..

Amazing Digital Asset Management Program

I set out looking for a way to manage my digital assets so that they become useful to me, and didn't cost me more time trying to find what I wanted. Pic.io allows me to save tons of space on my internal drives AND backup drives by using an infinitely expandable Google Drive system, and does it all AFFORDABLE, not to mention that it can scale up to fit future needs. Customer for life right here.

Pros

So of course, I LOVE the price levels in Pics.io, especially compared to all the other DAM software platforms out there. Past that, I LOVE the fact that they built this system to run directly from Google Drive, which is great affordable storage. I was able to use a program on my computer to upload ALL of my Digital Assets to the chosen folder on my Google Drive, and from there Pics.io worked its magic and is doing its part to keep me working. The ability to create custom tags, keywords AND custom fields is absolutely what I needed, all in a package I can afford that will grow with me into the future!

Cons

While I LOVE the fact that this system runs its storage directly from Google Drive, I do wish there was a way to run it from Amazon AWS Cloud Storage, or even my own on-site server. My catalog is huge, so uploading it all was a pain. I also wish that it did more automatic processing of things like keywords and details. I know some of that is impossible, but to a point, it isn't for basic info.

Most comprehensible asset management tool so far but one glitch in the beginning sorta spoilt it

Overall, we liked it and kept using it even after the folder were killed thanks to the tagging

Pros

We used the tool to tag and share 4000 images among various parts of our projects. We liked the color tagging, word tagging, folders and various sorting tools which also included the search for untagged images

Cons

However at some point due to a glitch or a mistake by one of our users the google disk storing our actual files got disconnected from the pics.io account and on reconnection all our folders became a mess. Thank god tags survived, but folders were gone and we had been relying a lot on them. Turned out that uploading images through pics.io was a mistake. We should have uploaded the folders and images straight to the google disk and then synchronise it with pics.io. If it was part of the training on how to use the tool, then we had missed out on it.

Elena, Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear about your experience disconnecting Google disc, however this is normal behavior of the system. To prevent misunderstanding, we show a big modal window explaining that disconnecting Google disc will lead to losing folder structure. We keep working on constantly improving on-boarding flow and will be happy to hear your suggestions Thank you again for being Pics.io user.

pics.io is a DAM great solution (har)

pics.io has helped us really make better use of our digital assets, better unlocking the potential of our work. we've still only scratched the surface of building our processes to leverage pics.io

Pros

Pics.io does what you want out of a DAM while leveraging the power of google drive for storage. It is priced very competitively and has been adding new features at a rapid pace. The support team has been very responsive and actually adds features we request. How bout that!?

Cons

i haven't had any complaints so far. pics.io is a newer platform compared to some other DAM systems, so it might be missing features for some people

Ross, we are happy to hear that you enjoy working with Pics.io. Thank you so much for your positive feedback.

Good Features, Good Price, Great Service

We need to quickly get new media assets to our partners and our social media team and this does the job really well. It has been a life saver and is really easy to administer. Additionally, their support team is first rate. We have only been on board a few months but have seen the product evolve and improve. Looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

Pros

The direct integration with Google Drive saves us lots of admin time. Pricing is much more reasonable than some of the competitors we evaluated.

Cons

Auto sync could use some improvement as it doesn't always work but all i have to do is hit a button to force a sync so it is no big deal.

Rob, Thank you for being our customer. Our CTO is currently working on improving our auto sync and it will be working perfectly very soon. Thank you, again.

Easy & simple DAM to understand, administer and implement at a cost effective price

Pros

It took me barely few hours to get a hang of the platform and test out the basic features I needed. I work with several remote freelancers and hence managing the content workflow was a challenge for me. I really like the integrations available into Google so you have almost unlimited space at very low cost, as well as the integrations into Adobe products. I appreciate the ability to collaborate and review work products at multiple levels and the features that allow you to edit, rework and approve with appropriate security authorisations. Although I do not use the feature much yet, I really like the auto keywords feature that generates keywords for meta management.

Cons

I don't have any specific cons that I would like to highlight at this stage.

Arnold, we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you for your review.

A professional product that's affordable

Overall it's a great tool I've implemented for myself, I've been working with DAM systems for 3 years now and it is a great platform. I use it on a small scale, which is perfect but have yet to try an enterprise setup with it.

Pros

The price and quality of a product like this doesn't compare. I consult and use various products with large corporations and small marketing companies, mine included, and this solves the issue of a useful tool that's within budget, and scalable depending on how large it needs to be. It has Adobe CC integration for designers, a public site to publish assets in an easily accessible area, uses your Google Drive storage, which is perfect if you'd like to also utilize the desktop folders and have the files downloaded. The interface is simple and easy to add metadata. Mobile site access is great.

Cons

I'd like to see improvement with the public sites to customize specific assets or use various collections, as well as customize the layout, as well as easily sharing to other apps, social media. It's not a dealbreaker though, as it definitely keeps up with the other competition.

Dave, Thank you for leaving a review. We appreciate your feedback and continue to improve our solution.

Pics - It was and still is the right DAM system for us

Pros

-Using Google Drive as the backbone let's you profit from features of both software platforms (pics and google drive). -It writes Metadata directly into the asset files. That is a great feature -The team continuously improves the platform, one of the latest additions is the Adobe Integrations -For a DAM it pics offers cutting edge performance at a great price

Cons

It has to function within the file restrictions of Google Drive which poses some limits when working with one file on multiple locations... For example if one assets is put into two folders it will duplicate the real asset in the background (at least to my knowledge).

Simon, thank you for being with Pics.io. We highly appreciate your feedback and always continue working on improving our product. Our support team is here to help with all the questions.

Great for organising video assets

Organising video content ahead of uploading to a Learning Management System (Fuse).

Pros

Cons

The advanced search tools aren't well documented, and it would also be helpful to be able to search by metadata specific to video files, such as video length - although I believe this is on their roadmap.

Duncan, thanks so much for your review. Your request is already on our features roadmap list. We appreciate our users' requests and add them to our roadmap. Thank you for using Pics.io!

Pics.io Review

Love it. Works great and consistent.

Pros

Price and simplicity - works well for org size

Cons

I would like a mobile app and increased mobile functionality

Dave, thank you so much for sharing your experience. We continue working on our product and the mobile app is on our road map.

The best solution to start with DAM.

I love it and am going to keep using and promoting it.

Pros

Pics.io is easy to get started with any quantity of assets. I really appreciate having my assests under "my" control on the Google drive.

Cons

I dislike that I cannot trust other users to properly upload and protect the assets. They also do not use the library and continue to ask others for images or rely on their own inefficient system.

David, Thank you for your review!

Everything we needed in a simple to set up and use tool

We didn't have anything in place to manage creative provided by our team of photographers. We wanted to have a central place where photos could be organized in a flexible taxonomy that would enable easy search for assets based on author, date or other basic tags The trial was easy to set up and the pics.io team was there at each step to answer our questions and offer best practices. Adoption was easy as the tool is quite simple to use for all roles involved

Pros

User interface is quite friendly and intuitive Set up was simple and didn't require much technical knowledge Great customer support.

Cons

While there's an ample selection of alerts, I cannot configure to receive them selectively, for example: if a comment is entered on an asset. I can select yes or no receive but I cannot receive ONLY for my assets.

Monica, thank you for sharing your impressions using Pics.io. We continue working on the features that you might fid useful.

Almost but not quite

Pros

Supported across many platforms is a big plus. Place all my images the a collections folder. The search function is also very useful.

Cons

There are better software solutions out there that do a similar job not to mention are cheaper, namely Google.

Great service

Easy to add new revisions, compare it, discuss with the customer directly in the chat (they called it "activity panel"). I can finally put all images into folders ( collections"), add tags, keywords, colors, etc. Powerful search. I create from some collection web-site gallery and send to the customers, right in the Picsio, right now.

Cons

Solution for my design team.

Pics.io was a answer for my question - "How I can work with outsorce designers". First probem that was soved - version control. I is very easy to make revisions and visual comments with this service. Google Drive allow to improve workflow speed.

Cons

Easy to use DAM system with unlimited storage

Pics.io is build on top of google drive, so I was able to get unlimited storage just for 10$ extra. Friendly interface, nice features, as example I was able to create website with my portfolio in two clicks. Totally worth their money.

So much easier !!

Cons

Easy to use. Good software.

Pros

Pics.io gives the user the ability to add other people to the project to get help and collaboration and once they are not needed anymore the user can easily remove them. This team can contribute with their own comments and marks and the user would receive notifications of everything. Pics.io is supported on just about every platform.

Cons

There are however some better software that can do a similar job and are cheaper. Other then that I believe this is a really good software.

best cloud-based solution for my digital collections

best cloud-based storage with comfortable integrations, converters and gorgeous portfolio creating options

Cons

Can't imagine life without pics.io anymore

Guys are really doing a terrific job adding new features. I can't imagine life without pics.io anymore.

Thanks