Bynder Logo

Digital Asset Management software to store all your content

visit website

Bynder Reviews

4.4

How would you rate Bynder?

Pros

The search functions make it so incredible easy to find the asset you are looking for. Theres also a fun feature of being able to search by colour which is pretty cool.

ML

Maria L.

We love WebDAM's ability to organize and display our marketing team's assets. They are searchable and there are so many flexible options for downloading, sharing, and collaborating.

TR

Travis R.

Been using WebDAM for a couple of years now and love it. Helped us consolidate our product and beauty photography and other marketing assets into a single place and saved a ton of money and time.

AN

Alex N.

Cons

This can leave major functionality missing and features not working while you wait for months if not years for a possible fix that's not even guaranteed.

I understand that the templates for look and feel of the landing page are limited. This restricts creativity from a client's perspective.

GC

Glen C.

There is nothing to be mention in dislikes of bynder from my side.

Ismail S.

Bynder - the easiest and most liked system

We use Bynder for Digital Asset Management purposes. Reliability and ease of use are key in on-boarding a medium-large organisation onto the system. Having a central asset bank like Bynder is a great help. It is really easy to use and most new personnel just 'get it' instantly. The most often received piece of feedback from new users is how much of an improvement the system is, as compared to network...

Great Experience, Start to Finish

We evaluated many DAM solutions and are so glad we chose WebDAM. They're incredibly responsive and down to earth people, which makes it so much easier to partner with them. The software is pretty user-friendly, and they're always adding new features. Even after we were all set up and on our way, they continued to check in and are always available to us. It wasn't a "take your money and run" scenario like you see all too often.

Cons

Appreciate the review Haley! The feeling¿s mutual. We¿re happy to be partners with you!

Bynder became the primary step in workflow around marketing

We started using Bynder over 3 years ago and we've grown with them. From DAM to Marketing Automation we've always been one of the first users and the super intuitive interface makes it that we still use it. We are now with over 70 people in our team and the system still can handle all our assets and workflows.

Pros

The interface definitely. It's so easy that we never have to explain how it works. We're OS X users and everything seems really familiair which helps.

Cons

The roadmap can always be faster. New features are announced and most of the time released on time but we always want them as soon as we see them.

DAMit they're good!

Overall, this system has been a god send for me and I'm eternally grateful.

Pros

WebDAM has really improved my overall work life. I work in the marketing department for the largest motorcycle travel company in the world, we are CONSTANTLY sending photos and large scale graphic files to designers, tour operators, travel agents and other affiliates. It used to be a massive struggle to send high resolution images and graphic files. Thanks to WebDAM, I no longer struggle to send multiple large scale files to multiple senders. In addition, WebDAM's search and tagging capabilities allow other people to search for photos they're looking for, so I save time searching and trying to read the mind of other people. Amazing system.

Cons

When emailing a download invite, the email sometimes takes several minutes to arrive and I'd like the download invite link to be available for longer than 48 hours.

Great product, great on innovation.

Pros

Intuitive software, great user feedback. A great UX is like a joke - if you have to explain it, it's not a good one.

Cons

Implementation was a little bumpy, particularly with the media import. Took longer than expected & project plan wasn't very clear.

Amazing Solution

Bynder is was the right solution for us because it streamlined so many of our current processes and very easy to use!

Pros

So easy to use and extremely customizable

Cons

It is a great platform haven't run into anything yet, but more integrations are always welcomed!

Solutions Architect

WebDAM has some great new features that they have begun to offer and it appears the product is going in the right direction. Here are some suggests for improvement: The user interface should be more dynamic and have more options for branding. Perhaps offering different branding options and templates, or page layouts. It would be nice to see some integration with WebDAM with other portal environments....

Cons

Hi Robert, Thanks for the feedback, many of the features you mentioned are available for our users. The last release has a built in CMS editor that you can use to create and customize new pages in your WebDAM. We have a REST API that will allow you to integrate with any other business applications your organization uses. Many other WebDAM customers currently utilize our LDAP integration. You can contact your customer success manager for more information about these features. We are also releasing a new branded login experience in the upcoming release, along with more features and enhancements. Be sure to join us during the new release webinar on Oct 3rd. Register here: https://www4.gotomeeting.com/register/647071071 Looking forward to seeing you there!

Easy to use, robust system

I have had a positive experience with Bynder. The team is very responsive, and I really like the platform.

Pros

Bynder is really robust, customizable, easy to use and intuitive which is why we went with the platform after researching options.

Cons

There is one little quirk I have stumbled upon with naming the various properties you can assign to your media, but nothing that would prevent me from suggesting the platform.

Very Intuitive!

We have added 6500 assets in a short time span, and it's easy to organize and add attributes for all of them.

Pros

The Bynder DAM is so intuitive and easy to set up. It has been easy to get everyone on board, and I already recommended it to my previous company as well. It works like many e-commerce sites with the menu system and takes almost no training time to get started.

Cons

There are some little things, like how I can't approve more than 20 assets at a time or not being able to add a description upon import, but those are things I can deal with.

Still the number one DAM out there

Having all our content in one place has saved us so much time trying to find the right asset and sending it to users and clients. The Digital Brand Templates modules has saved our designers hundreds of hours in making small changes to copy, sizing and for localisations. The stunning user interface also means that adoption has been great and everyone is happy to use the tool daily.

Pros

Phenomenal user interface and usability and very flexible content creation tools and integrations make Bynder the best DAM I have seen out there.

Cons

Nothing is currently missing from our use case.

WebDam usage for the past 3 years

WebDam has been a godsend for Lawrence Berkeley Nat'l Lab, assisting us into getting our Science images distributed worldwide. Classic example is aI get an e-mail from WIRED magazine Editorial offices in London, when they discovered my photo of the anti-neutrino detector at Daya Bay, China on WebDam and expressed a desire to run the photo as a 2 page spread in their next issue. Well after the issue...

Cons

Really great design, implementation and support of our first DAM system

Pros

the search functions make it so incredible easy to find the asset you are looking for. Theres also a fun feature of being able to search by colour which is pretty cool! I also like being able to share albums easily, and selecting the level of access someone has to the assets - whether that be read only or actually being able to edit the album themselves.

Cons

Some teething problems with the online editing of the images - I still take photos from the system into indesign to make simple image banners as it's easier.

Nice, clean file storage system

Pros

I really like this as it is clean and elegant. What I like the most are the tabs at the top, such as "Docs and Presentations", "Most downloaded" and "most viewed". I like to organize my files by folders anyway, but these tabs often make it easy to quickly get to the file I want. I also like the interface, it's very clean and easy to navigate, but gives plenty of filters for sorting files.

Cons

I have no real complaints. The naming is a bit confusing. The website is called Bynder. But then in all the tool tips it refers to "Orbit". They should have either called it "Bynder Orbit" through out or just stuck to one name. This of course is only a minor quibble.

Love the free try

As an enrtepenour in a country like Argentina, i cant afford to pay professionals each time i need to make some modification to my social media videos. Bynder was my solution to that need. Its easy to to create, edit and adding sound and music.

Pros

It has so many features, so usefull. But The only feature I used is the video editing feature. And it is super recommended, to achieve quick changes for my social networks. An extra tip: its super easy to share in social media , its adjust to what you need. You can also check for the perfomance of the video as a campaing, really cool info you could you, i donna wanna lie i didnt use it to much, but its seems really cool.

Cons

As I said I didn't use it much but I didn't find any major faults, the search function seemed very outdated no biggie. It seems to expensive for me, so i only use it free trial.

Bynder is a great tool

Its a great source for all images.

Pros

I really like how this a great source to keep all your images. You can search by any key words and download it in different formats and sizes. Also really love the way you can keep them organized

Cons

Its a great tool, I only know so much of how to use it but some of the tags and stuff to fill in when uploading pictures seem a bit convoluted

State DMO Review for Webdam

Bynder's acquisition of Webdam has seemed mostly smooth to us as the end user.

Pros

Excellent customer service. Prior to his departure, Rep was our CSM and he was great to work with.

Cons

Glitchy behavior - examples would be subfolders that were created would randomly disappear and then reappear if you logged out and back in again.

WebDAM kudos!

WebDam has proven to be a good resource for our department and campus. I work in communications at UC Merced and we've been using WebDAM for more than a year. Before we had this product, a co-worker managed our image library. She (and others in the department) handled many requests for pictures from our campus's units and it was time consuming. Now, with access to WebDAM, our clients can browse...

Life-saver!

Pros

Bynder has totally changed our asset storage.

Cons

Random glitches make it hard to operate some days

WebDAM at JSU

Highly recommended. Great people to deal with, responsive to customer needs and appear to be constantly working to improve the product.

Pros

Great people in sales and support. Very fast response times to emails. Easily customized. Admin tools are well designed. Easy to get images uploaded and managed. Users love the powerful search tools. Much more convenient than managing database in-house with servers, software, maintenance, etc., something I did for a couple of years. Works great with Mac or PC.

Cons

Pricey, but well worth the cost. Other storage-only solutions are available at much cheaper costs, but nothing that offers a true data management solution with security of off-site storage and web based access like WebDAM. Everyone here considers it money well spent.

It has been a learning experience. The system is not as user friendly as I expected.

Pros

It can be adapted to all types of users. Whether you are sending a single file or many it can be accomplished.

Cons

When you set up a user you must know what all they will need, sometimes when setting up you don't realize you have so many steps to adapt to one user, then you end up going back to see why they can not see or use a particular item. This is very time consuming. Perhaps if we were asked questions when setting up we could do it right at the beginning.

Solid Product, Good Price

Based on what they promise (and actually deliver!!), they have proven themselves to be the best value out of the systems we evaluated.

Pros

We reviewed a handful of online digital asset management tools on behalf of one of our clients (a destination management organization). Out of a short list of approx 5 different options, we selected webDAM. The system was fairly easy to implement. Highlights: * able to tailor graphics around existing structure * fast set up time from webDAM team * detailed training sessions (webinar style) * some customization available (additional budget required) * afforable

Cons

Back end interface is a bit arduous - it's easy to use, but takes a little time to figure out where things are.

Bynder WebDAM merger - so far, so good

Can't wait to see further enhancements!

Pros

Our DAM provider, WebDAM, joined forces with Bynder this year. We have seen lots of great enhancements, including increased security measures plus improved training and onboarding documents. We've also noticed differences in support that are all good.

Cons

At this point, we haven't seen any cons except the continued changes to the branding that take a bit of time to get used to.

WebDAM Review

Overall I would and do highly recommend WebDAM.

Pros

WebDAM overall has greatly improved internal productivity by expanding our image storage and sharing capabilities. Our organization and overall asset management has also improved. The customizable users accounts have allowed flexibility in expanding our users to international field offices. The FTP transfer function facilitates large image transfers from users and photographers all over the world.

Cons

There are some limitations in the back-end/Admin mode with image organization and management. More flexibility in ordering and re-ordering assets and folders, including moving assets as well as ease of batch tagging/captioning. It would also be nice to be able to sort and re-sort images in various ways on the front and back end--for example being able to view the entire database in chronological order as opposed to only one folder at a time. The front end date range search capability also doesn't seem to function properly. Also, being able to rate images and sort based on best favorites is desirable. Also, having more flexibility with watermarking (ie. having the ability to watermark certain images at certain times as opposed to a global setting.

A user-friendly online approval system for entertainment license properties

Our company works in the children licensing business with various major national and international licensees. All of them have special needs concerning artwork delivery and approval process. When Bynder initially presented its software to us, we had serious doubts of this program can be customized to our particular working procedures. Two years later, we have no idea how we ever worked without...

Great solution for Brand Marketing Management

Bynder is all about user experience: I am most impressed by the ease of use, sophistication of development and constant push to make it even easier and better. I see in Bynder EVERYTHING we ever wanted from a brand content management solution. We did the leg work, the research, and found that Bynder is the centralized portal we've been dreaming about. What I dislike about Bynder is that it's...