Pulse

Marketing and competitor analysis solution

Pulse Reviews

Love their scoring model

Pros

I appreciate the sheer amount of data they have available (over 25,000 companies)

Cons

Right now, it's updated monthly, versus daily or weekly. It's still great data, and I assume this frequency will increase in the future.

10/10 Would Reccomend

The best software you can get for the price.

Pros

It is quick to learn to use, extremely, helpful, and easy to work with.

Cons

Almost none, actually. Other than the slight inconvenience of having to restart the software every now and then, its perfectly fine.

A useful tool for the market research in the digital sphere

I am very interested in the market research tools, so I give Pulse a try and I didn't regret, except its not-so-complete dataset of companies, the platform give me a lot of useful insights and makes me throw the guess-work for ever!

Pros

The product tour that is face you when you are using the tool in the first time, I found it very useful and informative. the other thing is the minimalism in UX that is let you navigate the platform (that contains a more than one tool for market research purposes) very easily.

Cons

Pulse is a new product so its database doesn't contain a lot of companies I were looking for especially those companies in EU zone and MENA.

Thank you for your interest in Pulse! We are glad you are already getting some useful insights from the platform. To add more companies not currently in our database, a paid membership is required. This will alow you to create your own custom data sets to continually be up to date on those companies you are specifically interested in. Thanks for your feedback!

Lots of other options out there-- my advice would be to steer away

Pros

I was on the free trial and did not enjoy anything.

Cons

I don't believe this Directive Consulting is on track to innovate. Something like SpyFu has been around for much longer and is constantly improving.

Your feedback is deeply appreciated! With Pulse, you can save hours of research that would previously require several platforms, as well as save money with the reduction in software fees. Additionally, the organization of data into different industries and sub-industries helps users understand the big players, and up-and-comers they may not yet know about, but need to be aware of. With other tools on the market, you are limited to 3 comparison companies at a time, where with Pulse, you can create a custom dataset with up to 10 companies, giving you quick and hyper-relevant insights. We hope this information helps clarify any misunderstandings you may have had with Pulse.

The best software

My experience was very great and smooth

Pros

The flexibility and smoothness Light and quick

Cons

Nothing specially I liked the whole software

Not a bad product, but needs elaboration

Pros

Hard to find use cases that can help explain why you had to buy this product from superiors to bring value that exceeds the cost.

Cons

Not much. Needs some use cases that can explain why it was worth the purchase

Thanks for the great feedback Jerry! Pulse organizes data from 25,000+ companies across 50+ industries and 800+ sub-industries. The platform enriches this data with valuable search marketing KPIs such as domain rating, keywords, traffic value, estimated ad spend, and more. Marketers are now empowered with competitive insights in seconds, which would have previously required several platforms, hours of research, and a number of software fees. All the data is compiled into one, neat, database at one low cost. This makes tracking competitors and industry KPIs quick and easy.

It makes my work simple

Pros

The ease of use. Almost everyone can get familiar with Pulse within minutes and start using it. For me Pulse is cheap, and a better way to organize my work.

Cons

For now, I am satisfied, so none! But it needs to add a few functionalities in order to improve the overall flow.

Good app for competition analysis

Trying to understand industry benchmarks and competitor performance.

Pros

level of details made available and the insights presented is fantastic

Cons

WIsh there was more data available about the companies. The ability to add custom company would be a nice add-on.

Thank you! We are glad you are finding the platform useful thus far! Good news; with a paid membership, you are able to add in custom companies not yet in our data set to take a look at key company KPIs!

Directive Pulse - Good First Start

Pros

Pulse has a straightforward interface for identifying influencers. Easy to use, easy to understand.

Cons

Inaccurate for larger companies and domains within a vertical. For example, in assessing Amazon's AI capabilities, it pulls in statistics for the entirety of Amazon.com, which is wildly inaccurate.

Thanks Christopher for taking the time to review. Pulse is not meant to identify influencers, but rather understand your company's search marketing standing in your respective industry. This can help identify opportunities, as well as areas for improvement. To your comment about Amazon- a subdomain of Amazon isn't being indexed as you described on the market just yet. Hope this clarification is useful, thanks again for your feedback!

Benchmarking for my Industry

I like the platform. It is easy to use, I find it handy in my reporting, and customer support has been good.

Pros

Showing what competitors are doing is always the best way to get buy in from my clients. With this tool I can show my clients what the benchmarks are for SEO and PPC spend in order to get them to buy in more to my strategy.

Cons

Desktop experience is good, but they still need to work on their mobile experience.