FlockBase Logo

Church management solution for small to midsize churches

FlockBase Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.5/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

chmeetings

We have been very pleased with FlockBase and in July, 2015 we started using FlockBase Accounting which interfaces perfectly with FlockBase.
The more we use the program, the more we appreciate the work, thought, and application for churches in it. Thanks to rep, and his team for blessing the kingdom through their talents that bless us.
Quickly and accurately answered. I give it 5 stars and thank them for putting out a program like this at an affordable price.
I was finally explained to by an associate, (after purchasing and misrepresenting the features.) the Program only worked as “individual” members & not Family when creating a directory.
It does not give us the reports we once had, there is no step by step guide to tell you if you want to find something you have to look in a completely different module. Confusing beyond belief.
Reports and printing are locked, which can sometimes be frustrating, if you want a different output.

IM

Inez M.

Human Resources,

Members/Accounting Review - Inez Experience

Central Baptist Church is very small in membership, FlockBase Members/Accounting has been the perfect software for our church. I was introduce to this software in December, 2015. I have enjoyed learning the program. I've made mistakes, but the support team was always there to get me back on track. Setting up members household was new to me. Setting up members, I was use to. It was interesting...

Pros

It was easy to set-up & learn.

SE

Sally E.

51-200 employees

Flockbase and Customer Support

Telephone support is superior. Helped me set up, purge data, move data from one computer to another, patient and most helpful with suggestions. Well worth the small price.

Pros

Ease of use, User guide. Helpful hints.

MP

Mary P.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 1-10 employees

Flockbase isn't improving

Did not feel I was getting my monies worth from Support.

Pros

I liked that the s/w moved to the cloud.

Cons

There were features in the desktop version that did not make it to the cloud version. And whenever I made suggestions for improvement I got excuses. Never any communication on improvements that were being made - probably because there weren't any.

TH

Tom H.

51-200 employees

Great Church Software

I get my work done in half the time. Great time saver. Very easy to understand the way the program is written. I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

How easy it is to use and understand.

Cons

No complaints

ES

Elizabeth S.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 employees

Excellent program

The ease of use is a plus. It is a great value for the money. I researched a number of programs and Flockbase had everything I need.

Pros

Easy to use Great tech support

Cons

What's not to like!

CW

Char W.

Religious Institutions, 1-10 employees

Update to new program is awful

Not a big fan, not user friendly.

Pros

Was OK before update. After the update, features were missing and awful directions.

Cons

Update was not completely functional. Original programming was challenging, update is lacking all the features and has terrible directions. They had to email me the directions, they weren't even working. Also, could not make labels, it was not functional.

TA

TED A.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 employees

PRODUCT SUPPORT

KEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT AND GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP AND PROVIDED EXCELLENT SUPPORT, HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY

Pros

EASE OF USE

Cons

NOT SURE

NW

Nancy W.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 employees

Watkins Church Flockbase Review

easy and quick to use, gives you all the information you need for contributions - good customer service

Pros

ease of use

Cons

no cons for me

TW

Tom W.

I use the "Membership and Contributions" part. Overall grade for it is A+++ !

Ken Owens has been VERY helpful from the first day I started using this software. What few questions I had at the beginning, Ken was right there. He was extremely patient and prompt and has remained so ever since! The software is well thought out and the User Manual is written so that a new customer can read and understand it at the same time that he's picking up the new words and features. The transition from the old program I was using was almost seamless because of the designers of FlockBase had apparently studied the function of the "Membership and Contributions" position. I would recommend FlockBase without any reservations!

PD

Pastor Daryl B.

Worth twice the money!!

We started out with very little knowledge of software for church books. FlockBase and its support walked us right through it. The more we use the program, the more we appreciate the work, thought, and application for churches in it. Thanks to rep, and his team for blessing the kingdom through their talents that bless us! Our Treasurer appreciates 3 things: forgiveness (you can correct your mistakes), Timing (you can close out the month even after the 31st), church funds (you enter once designated funds). This program was designed for the needs and uses of churches.

FB

Fred B.

Unless you are a computer software engeneer or CPA, don't buy this program.

FlockBase is the most difficult program I have ever used. If you are a computer program engineer, you probably can use this software, good luck. I tried to learn FlockBase for 9 months, finally gave up and bought another system, I learned how to use it in a few hours. I entered all my church contributions for 9 months in one week. I gave FlockBase one star because no stars is not an option. I don't recommend this to anyone.

Cons

At no time did he ask for support which we would have been happy to provide. He asked for a refund 7 months after his evaluation period had expired. The refund was denied. At that time, he presented his review.

RE

Richard E.

Flockbase membership and accounting software

I have found the software to be very user friendly. I have not had that many questions as the documentation has been very helpful. The times I did need to contact the company I received prompt service and any questions I had were answered correctly. I feel this is a very good system that is low cost for small churches such as mine. I guess the only thing the accounting system doesn't have is accounts payable, but this is not a major problem as we do not have that many bills. I would recommend this software for small churches.

sg

sherry g.

We are a small church so I don't do everything, but am happy with the program

I don't like the fact that all giving by a person for the day is lumped together. I want the report to split everything and check numbers separately. I know I can go to their profile and find it but I would like to see it all at the time of the report. It used to be like that.

Cons

I responded to Sherry with information about her situation with suggestions as to where the report or reports that she thought had been deleted were to be found. She responded with "I figured it out! Thanks for everything.

JP

Jane P.

I enjoy using Flockbase at work. It is much easier to me than the other program that was being used

The support is wonderful! I had to call yesterday to get Flockbase transferred from our old computer to the new one. Ken was absolutely wonderful and is so easy to work with. He was very patient with this computer illiterate old lady!! I thank him so much for this! I tried to mark five stars on the Ease of use, but for some reason it would not let me. I only marked two stars and I give it 5 stars for ease of use. Now when I look up overall has only two starts and it should be 5 stars also.

EW

Elizabeth W.

Easy User Guide to follow; all the necessary membership and financial reports a church needs.

Best Church Membership and Accounting Software for small churches as well as large churches. Reports are so easy for members to read and understand. FlockBase Support is always willing to assist in any way to solve the problem. I have used both software for about three years and love it. Since I am not a computer person, FlockBase is the best and easiest for anyone to use. Very affordable for any church. I would recommend FlockBase Software to any size church.

DB

David B.

Great fund-based church software

This accounting software is ideal for churches. It provides for accounting for transactions by fund and department. It accurately calculates payroll taxes and gives reports necessary for 941 and W-2 preparation. Can get reports by fund, department, or account. Bank reconciliation is a snap. Fund accounting at a low price, which is perfect for the majority of churches. Customer support is terrific and an easy-to-read user guide is provided.

ZB

Zadie B.

Purchased in Sept. 2015 and entered data starting Jan. 2015 from check register.

FlockBase Accounting is very good for our small church record keeping. It is easy to add the data and create accounts, funds and payees with this program. After I created funds above 9, the reports were putting the higher number 11 above number 1-9. Support was very helpful and all I had to do to correct this was to add a zero in front of the 1-9 fund numbers. Support is very quick to respond, when I have e-mailed questions.

RC

Rick C.

Easy to use and super customer service

Have used several other membership and contribution software programs over the past 30 years. Flock base is the best I've used. It was easy to install, and the customer service is first class. Even when we lost one of our computers and had to replace it, re-installing the program was a snap with the help of Ken Owen. I would not hesitate to recommend the program to anyone.

JM

J M.

Excellent product

I have been using the FlockBase Accounting product for 1 year and I love it. Very user-friendly and built for people with minimal accounting knowledge. Decided to buy the Membership and Contribution package to have a seamless system. Great customer service with prompt responses to any and all questions. You can't beat this product for the price and support!

GC

GARY C.

I have used more widely known membership/contribution software, but I especially like Flockbase for

Flockbase is inexpensive, yet does what I needed it to do. I always sent contribution reports to all of these who donated money or goods during the year. Flockbase is also easy to use. I have used it for 5 or 6 years and am completely satisfied. I recommend it wholeheartedly to small to medium sized non-profits. Support is excellent also.

JL

Jeff L.

The program is easy to use. I have not had any problems with the software.

I have no cons about this software. It makes documenting the tithes and offerings easy. It is not complicated at all. I'm not very computer savvy, I find this program easy to navigate. Printing the weekly reports and the end of the year reports is a matter of clicking a few buttons. I highly recommend this software to any church.

RS

Rita S.

I purchased version 2.0.4 and installed in June of 2009. Have used it exclusively since Jan 2010.

Pro: User friendly, tech support has very prompt response when needed, which for me, was very minimal. A few upgrades over the years addressed some suggested improvements. IMO, this is an excellent program for small churches because it is so easy to use and complete. Con: Cannot think of any at this time.

AM

Archie M C.

There have been no problems with this software. It performs beautifully.

I really cannot think of any cons as it relates to the service, performance and care with which this company works with its clientele. I would recommend this company to anyone who is in need of any of the services they provide. I am just thankful that we are a part of their clientele.

JW

James W.

Great software that has helped us.

We are a small church that has used the FlockBase software for over 3 years and found it very helpful. It is flexable and provides information on finance and statements as needed. Very happy with the software and support available form FlockBase.

SL

Steven L.

Great software

Great software for church's. Has everything a treasurer needs to do the job. It is a little hard getting around in at first but the more you use it the easier it gets . Ken is great for walking you through the system as well.