All categories

Learn why GetApp is free

FlockBase Reviews

Pros

I got it and have been very pleased with it. FlockBase came with a user's manual - and it was very helpful and easy to follow when I initially purchased the program for our church.

Julia P.

Read the full review
The software is easy to install and super easy to use. The manual is very helpful in setting up everything.

Bea R.

Read the full review
Fund accounting at a low price, which is perfect for the majority of churches. Customer support is terrific and an easy-to-read user guide is provided.

David B.

Read the full review

Cons

Original programming was challenging, update is lacking all the features and has terrible directions. They had to email me the directions, they weren't even working.

Char W.

Anjela R.

Kay S.

4.7

FlockBase

We are just beginning our use of FlockBase. However, we could not be more pleased with the support given to us as we set up our financial management structure. No member of our staff has an accounting background; but with the help of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], all of our finances are now in perfect order! Our financial workload has been greatly reduced, making our office administrator positively giddy! Perhaps best of all, our governing board is thankful that they now receive financial reports that they can easily understand ... for the first time ... ever!

Pros

The ease with which our staff learned to use the membership, contribution, and financial management modules.

Cons

We have not yet found the capability to print a member directory to give to our members. If this feature exists, it should be more obvious to the user. If it does not yet exist, please consider adding it!

Mark, Thank you for your kind words! Thank you also for your feedback. At this point, our directory is very basic. Upgrading it is on our short list of product updates. To print a member directory, select Membership-->Reports-->Directory. You can then select from a couple of options on formatting. This will produce a basic directory. Again, thank you for your feedback.

FlockBase works well for the small church

Pros

FlockBase was affordable. It has everything we need: Membership data, Contributions, Register and Payroll plus other functions we don't use. We just installed the newest version, FlockBase 2020. I like the way it works. I especially like that you don't have to open FlackBase and FlockBase Accounting separately. Entering and changing dates has been improved. I would say the learning curve for FlockBase is moderate. Customer support is excellent. Response time is very short. They are always positive and encouraging while helping solve a problem. They explain what the problem is and teach you how to solve it. FlockBase helps us keep track of our members and our finances.

Cons

Since we just installed FlockBase 2020, I'm still learning how to use it and haven't found any negative issues. Reports and printing are locked, which can sometimes be frustrating, if you want a different output.

Revised version is a big disappointment

We loved the old version of Flockbase and are extremely disappointed with the new system. I will say that every time I have contacted Support they have responded promptly and were very courteous and willing to help. Unfortunately, they just don't provide what we need anymore. We take our records to an outside auditor every 3 years and the documents we need simply cannot be printed any longer. We are looking for a better solution. We need help and we need it now.

Pros

I used this software for 4 years and while it had some features that were slightly cumbersome, it was very workable and affordable. The financial report could show monthly and annual actual vs budget on a single report. I could print a membership list and include email addresses and birth dates.

Cons

Flockbase recently re-designed it's software and it is a nightmare to use. The check register reads going up to the top of the screen instead of down. The check numbers are not sequential making bank statement balancing time consuming while hunting for the check you want to clear. I cannot print a check register, instead I have to print a general ledger. I cannot print a 941 report. We work offline...

Small Membership Churches look for Quick Books alternative

We have not yet fully implemented the software, that is, we are still keeping duplicate financial records, but the experience has so far been superior to all other software. Real people answer the phone, real CPA’s respond to accounting questions.

Pros

As a church the two parts of finance that need to integrate 100% are tracking contributions and handling the day to day finances of the church. Most of the churches use Quickbooks or Quicken because they are the two leading accounting packages, and they most resemble the checkbook for non-accounting purposes. Tracking contributions is impossible in Quickbooks, unless you treat each contribution as a pledge. Flockbase easily integrates what was a three step process into a one step basis for a church.

Cons

The only concern I have is in the documentation that is provided for how to use the accounting software. There is an assumption that the people using or setting up the software have an accounting background. Funds accounting is not the simplest method to use, and a more detailed explanation, particularly in the beginning on the “how-to’s” of entering beginning balances etc would be nice. The documentation on the membership module is more explanatory and easy to follow. The best solution is that so far the help desk and the accountant, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], who answered my phone call have been right on top of the request for help.

FlockBase Accounting - THE church solution

I began using FlockBase Accounting (FBA) shortly after becoming Treasurer of Riverside United Church in New Brunswick, Canada. I had very little accounting experience or knowledge, and virtually none specifically in church finances. Learning the program and its intricacies was challenging. It is not a business-oriented accounting program, and thus some familiar reports and items are not available,...

Review of FlockBase

I have had an excellent experience with FlockBase and it's support. When I've had to contact them, they've been very patient with me which is appreciated since I'm not the most computer literate person. I like that they are professional and friendly. (FYI: stars in review above were removed from what I originally selected. My selections were higher)

Pros

It's easy to use.

Cons

If I'm needing to open more than one members info and I'm working alphabetically , upon closing it one, it automatically goes back to the very top of the list and I have to keep scrolling back down to find the next one. I personally prefer it to be at where I left off.

FlockBase is a great program!!

I love this program! A few years ago my pastor gave me permission to get a new church membership management program. We had been using a well-known expensive program that I really wasn't happy using. So, I searched the internet and that was how I found FlockBase. It was very reasonably priced and looked like it would meet our needs. I got it and have been very pleased with it. FlockBase came...

Cons

Great value for the price; superb support for any question; and good online detail

Easy to do the job I need to do. Saves time because it always work as it is designed. Very easy to use.

Pros

Does church attendance, contributions and member detail easily. Easy to print reports. It is easy to use, never crashes, is very reliable. Nothing. I have no complaints about this software. I think it does what I need it to do simply and easily. I never have issues with the software.

Outstanding Product

Product was an excellent additional to our membership accountability for our church. Used product for several years. Updates provides great enhancement. Very easy to get started entering data and reports are outstanding.

Pros

Database was easy to use with many features that provides a wide variety of useful reports to our management personnel.

Cons

All features provided useful information and documentation.

I just started using this system in April of 2015

My church has been using this software for sometime. I just started using this April of 2015 and was trained by a person in my church that was not real familiar with the program. After some time and struggle I contacted the support team. After a three hour course with Ken on the support team, I am now familiar with the program and no extra reports will have to be generated outside the reports of the software. The support team are awesome to work with. This program works real well with our church, which is a small congregation. I would recommend this software to anyone.

Cons

We certainly appreciate it when a user takes the time to provide a glowing review, but I would like to point out that we do not provide training courses. Ordinarily, a user only has to follow the guidelines in our User Guide for a an easy and successful experience. In this customer's case, her predecessor(s) had not followed the guidelines and had a lot of historical data that needed to be repaired as well as placed on the right track for future use. While we were happy to provide this assistance, it went well beyond normal technical support.

missing some very important features

I’m shocked to be treated that way on the support end. I’ve never had that experience with support people. Usually they are kind and patient in professional businesses I’ve used. I found it so insulting due to the fact I was very kind to the FB associate at all times and I just needed help navigating. I was very disappointed and wanted to like FB. But unfortunately have to go through all the trouble & time to continue researching other church management programs.

Pros

The graphics were big and clear. Liked how it all looked at first. Very modern and clean. Large text was nice. The colors looked fun and bright.

Cons

I was finally explained to by an associate, (after purchasing and misrepresenting the features.) the Program only worked as “individual” members & not Family when creating a directory. It shown as each individual person instead as a family name in the directory. Associate said that will be changed/added but he had no idea of that time frame. Also when importing a picture to the directory (used the...

Flockbase Implementation

Our previous system required separate tracking spread sheets for some of our tithing and giving. It also requiredseperate tracking for a balance sheet. This has been solved with the Flockbase system.

Pros

I am not accountant by education. I depended on the Flockbase Customer Service heavily to implement the system for our church. The patience and exceptional help was fantastic. I was able to get the system up and running over a 2 month period.

Cons

The software does not Close a year and start new accounting period for fiscal year. Since you pick the reporting periods I found you have to refer to the beginning balances that happened in the previous fiscal year when reviewing account balances.

Extremely happy with FlockBase - it was a God send for our church.

FlockBase is easy to use and coupled with great customer service, we are extremely happy with this program. We found out about FlockBase by doing an Internet search at a time when we had a computer crash and lost all of our contribution and member data. While trying to retrieve the data we found the customer service with the program we had at the time was less than adequate. We then decided to purchase...

Cons

FlockBase is exceptional !

I replaced our departing Financial Secretary in the fall of 2015 and took a crash course in navigating and using the FlockBase system. I found it to be very easy to understand and I was comfortable with it in no time. When I did have a problem and had occasion to call FlockBase for support (this happened 3 different times and was not due to a problem with the software), they were very pleasant and professional, addressing my problems immediately and working with me until the problems were solved to my satisfaction. They are the best.

Pros

Easy to use, great record keeping system and affordable.

Cons

No cons so far.

Excellent Program

I purchased Flock Base on the recommendation of a friend Pastor Beverly Anderson (Oxford, Ohio) three years ago. I do not regret purchasing this program. It is very easy to use. I appreciate the fact that when I contacted Customer support representative on the other day, he returned my email and called as soon as possible. I have also recommended this program to other others

Pros

easy to use

FlockBase is great!

The conversion from our old software, Power Church, to FlockBase was not difficult. The web based version is great. I can work from home or church. It has cut down my processing time in less than half. Financial reports are simple to use and in an easy to read. Our church board is very complementary of the switch!

Pros

This software is very user friendly. It has cut my processing time in half, easily.

Cons

Compared to our old software I have not realized any negatives about FlockBase.

Very helpful program update and support

Ken Owen was more than helpful. He invested time and energy into helping me get our program up and running correctly. I was and am very appreciative of him and his expertise and his willingness to take the time needed to get our system back on track.

Pros

Runs much better no w we have the correct version

Cons

no problems so far

Watha Flockbase Review

Took over church accounting last year using quicken which was a nightmare. It was not designed for church use and was very confusing to use. Switched to Flockbase and the difference was amazing. Spent less than one third of time it took for quicken and balancing was very easy and accurate. It is designed for our church needs

Pros

Ease of use and setup. Very inexpensive for a very small Church. Customer support is very easy and every problem solved quickly by phone or remote software.

Cons

Nothing in this software is difficult .

Great software!!!

Love this software, saves so much time! Have scouted other products and have none that have all the bells and whistles that this one does.

Pros

Ease of use and navigation and they continually provide more enhancements.

Cons

Nothing!

Great Church Software

I get my work done in half the time. Great time saver. Very easy to understand the way the program is written. I would recommend to anyone.

Pros

How easy it is to use and understand.

Cons

No complaints

Members/Accounting Review - Inez Experience

Central Baptist Church is very small in membership, FlockBase Members/Accounting has been the perfect software for our church. I was introduce to this software in December, 2015. I have enjoyed learning the program. I've made mistakes, but the support team was always there to get me back on track. Setting up members household was new to me. Setting up members, I was use to. It was interesting...

Pros

It was easy to set-up & learn.

Excellent program

The ease of use is a plus. It is a great value for the money. I researched a number of programs and Flockbase had everything I need.

Pros

Easy to use Great tech support

Cons

What's not to like!

Flockbase and Customer Support

Telephone support is superior. Helped me set up, purge data, move data from one computer to another, patient and most helpful with suggestions. Well worth the small price.

Pros

Ease of use, User guide. Helpful hints.

PRODUCT SUPPORT

KEN HAS ALWAYS BEEN GREAT AND GONE OUT OF HIS WAY TO HELP AND PROVIDED EXCELLENT SUPPORT, HE HAS ALWAYS BEEN JUST A PHONE CALL AWAY

Pros

EASE OF USE

Cons

NOT SURE

Watkins Church Flockbase Review

easy and quick to use, gives you all the information you need for contributions - good customer service

Pros

ease of use

Cons

no cons for me

Select your country

10+ YEARS RECOMMENDING SOFTWARE

© 2010-2021 GetApp. All Rights Reserved.