Gabriel

Church management tool for streamlining parish communication

visit website

Gabriel Reviews

Pros

User friendly and straight forward. Representative is great support with either videos or on the phone help with any questions I have on procedures.

Lydia C.

Gabriel is a wonderful program and offers many things to its users and is a GREAT program.

Jennifer S.

We are able to track parishioner contributions weekly, and provide our parishioners with an annual donation letter. We have been very impressed with their customer support.

Marianne M.

Cons

I was unsuccessful in getting the Business Office to use this software. So unfortunately I am still using something different than the Business Office, but I think the Business Office is losing out.

Dennis V.

The worst part about converting to this software was the dread I felt prior to the conversion - totally unwarranted.

Marianne M.

Lack of integration into quick books for on line deposits.

Daniel L.

4.8

Immaculate Conception Church loves the Gabriel Parish Management Software for our parish.

Pros

It is very user friendly, a quick learning curve and easy to maneuver throughout the program. We started a Capital Campaign and the ease of tracking everyone's budget vs. payments and printing monthly statements has been a game changer for us and can be a game changer for all parishes when running a Capital Campaign. We were able to save a lot of money and time printing and tracking our own Capital...

Cons

When sending out emails we do not get any feedback that any emails have not been sent due to invalid emails or input into the data-base incorrectly. But alas I contacted the Gabriel team and they are working on that issue.

My experience is positive, and I am pleased with it.

Ease of communication with parishioners.

Pros

It is mobile. I can have the Parish Data base on my phone. Also I can call, email, and soon text parishioners within in it from my phone. For me a huge pro is the price. To be mobile in other Church Data base programs is very expensive because it is an added feature. Here it is a base feature. Another positive is that their support is very responsive. If you have a problem or a question it is taken care of quickly. It is easy and intuitive to use. Other Church Data base programs can be very difficult to use. I am too busy as a pastor to learn a complicated Database program. This is easy.

Cons

It is still a program in development which is both pro and con. This is pro because I can make and have made suggestions to the developers that have been incorporated. This is con because there are features that are still being rolled out. Group texting from within the program will be out soon. I write this review in April of 18. ACH on-line donations to the Parish will also be out soon which will complete the on-line payment function. Other Database programs have more reports. Reports are limited, but the basics are there. More reports will be rolled out in time.

Better System

Pros

The best thing I found about Gabriel system is that you can Unpost and or fix posting mistakes easily.

Cons

Seems like a lot of clicks in order to search a parishioner name.

Very good support, immediate via email and phone. Available to come for site visit as necessary

Direct access to parish members and families via email. Liturgical ministry scheduling.

Pros

I appreciate the availability and responsiveness of support. I am always able to reach support and receive communication the same day. I use the software for our three parish communities. I am able to easily see family and individual member information. The search feature allows me to look in all three of our parish communities without having to re-enter the name of the family.

Cons

Redundant data entry, e.g. repeating phone number for family number, and individuals Repeating "busy dates" for multiple family members.

Parish Secretary

Gabriel Software helps us manage our parishioners on detailed level. We often use Gabriel to run reports and labels for mailings. Gabriel tracks their titles, full names and complete addresses, therefore, only a few clicks to run detailed reports.

Pros

Currently, our parish is in a capital campaign; and Gabriel has been essential for tracking pledges and running reports for invoices. I also like how easy it is to enter parishioners information.

Cons

Truly, there is nothing I like least about Gabriel Software. If a concern arises, I simply contact Armand at Gabriel and resolves the issues (almost immediately) for me.

It Does Everything it Promises it Will Do!

I have been able to get rid of my Access database that I would re-enter every year. The parent users can now go in and update their email address and cell phone numbers - two items that I could never keep current in my old database system. Not having to re-key everything this year has saved me tons and tons of time!! Plus the family is able to double check the data so I do not need to worry so much that I entered something incorrectly into a database. It gives a great peace of mind.

Pros

I like that I can use this program specifically for my Religious Education Program. Most of my parents have not had issues "registering" to enter the portal. It does everything that I want in a RE software program.

Cons

I was unsuccessful in getting the Business Office to use this software. So unfortunately I am still using something different than the Business Office, but I think the Business Office is losing out!

Easy to access anywhere via computer, tablet and smart phones. Instinctive interface.

Access to parish information from office, on the road or other locations. Software updated frequently based on suggestions and recommendations of its users.

Pros

Emailing or texting committees or committee members. Access data anywhere via the cloud. Ministry scheduler built into the platform. Excellent support and suggestions have been incorporated into the software to customize the application for parishes. Ease of adding families and members. Others users can use Sack to communicate, network and ask questions and share ideas.

Cons

Lack of integration into quick books for on line deposits. In order for reoccurring online giving, the family or individual needs to register and some have not thinking it will be too time consuming . Lack of online Religious Education Registration and credit card processing.

Gabriel is a wonderful program and offers many things to its users and is a GREAT program!

this software has made our everyday church doings much simpler. I can print tax statements, create bulk mailings, lists of active parishoners, find out how much was donated etc. I use it daily.

Pros

Gabriel is very easy to use. The customer support is fantastic. I love that the creators continue to ask for feed back and needs of their users and they actually listen and always strive to make improvements that make sense. I'd be lost with out Gabriel Software.

Cons

I have been a customer since the original Gabriel software. It is so much better than others.

Pros

The ease of use, as well as the price point. It is so easy to look up information quickly. The program being in the cloud certain makes it easy to use it from a remote device or location.

Cons

The only suggestion I would have is that the Search feature would default to "all" rather than active. The way it is now is that if you want to search both active and inactive you need to pull down a box to get to it.

Great Parish tool

Pros

Gabriel gives you step by step guidance in how to navigate there software. It even gives you tips about non related items like how to clean your history on your computer or other computer related functions that I wouldn't have known how to use. Customer service is by far the best I have ever experienced, there response time is immediate.

Cons

I wish that I could set the language slot to a certain default language because sometimes I might forget to click on that and it will say some language that there not.

User from St. John of God of Church, Somerset, MA

Having access to records as: Ministries, sacraments, Faith Formation, Committees, etc., makes it very easy to provide information when requested.

Pros

Cons

Having to set up members of the same family separately in order to document donations.

Gabriel Review

The overall experience has been great! great program and great help!

Pros

very easy to use and understand, it is exactly what our parish needs! very good costumer service, whenever i do something that i was not suppose to or a mistake they help me fix it.

Cons

What i liked least is that it doesn't automatically sinc with our Sunday visitor.

Scheduling the parish ministries is the biggest benefit I have gotten from this program. It is something I didn't have before. It is easy to use and a great aid in my work.

Pros

I like the fact that it is an online program and I can work with it anywhere. Very convenient.

Cons

I would like to be able to print standardized letters connected to each parishioner. For example, at Tax time I could request a letter for a particular parishioner and it would report their donations for the year.

Long time Gabriel software user

My overall experience with Gabriel Parish Management has been a productive and positive one.

Pros

Customer service is excellent. In using the software for many years, any additional features I requested were incorporated.

Cons

Nothing, it does what I require from it.

Recommend Gabriel Parish Management Software

Pros

This software is easy to use, and it is easy to learn how to use. It is easy to correct my mistakes, and the customer support is fantastic! The Gabriel team feels like family - but they provide a very professional product.

Cons

The worst part about converting to this software was the dread I felt prior to the conversion - totally unwarranted!

My Opinion

A problem being solved now I believe is that there are double families on a single record

Pros

Its very easy to find a record and trace information

Cons

Not fast enough when posting budget envelopes

Great Catholic Parish Data Management

Staff has been very professional and easy to work with as we migrated our data into Gabriel. We have had video training, and our staff feels confident using Gabriel software.

Pros

The program is intuitive. The response time is very rapid for web based software. My staff favors Gabriel over the previous software that was used in the parish. As business manager, I feel Gabriel is very good value. The support desk is quick to respond to all questions.

Cons

At this time there is nothing that is hindering our operation.

Quality service team backs up their innovative management software

We are finally able to import our online contributions from another companies service without extra fees and complicated steps. It is a simple 2 step process and things get properly allocated to the appropriate donors. Has saved us much time and headaches. Also, the dedicated service team provides quick and ready solutions to the few problems/challenges that have come up. They work continually to make the product more user friendly and incorporate the suggested updates.

Pros

I find that the web based format is extremely helpful. It is easy to login, check information and make updates from anywhere. Also there is a dedicated support team ready to help immediately with any necessary updates or difficulties that may arise.

Cons

There are limited set reports that can be easily run and printed, and saved to use later.

Excellent Software

Gabriel is easy to use and the customer service is excellent. Any questions I have are answered immediately.

Pros

Gabriel is very user-friendly and has several helpful features that were not available on the software we were previously using.

Cons

I haven't come across anything I don't like.

Unsurpassed Customer Service!

There are always issues with conversions. That being said, I've never worked with a more responsive team on correcting what few quirks inevitably popped up. I couldn't be happier that we switched to Gabriel!

Pros

Talk about easy to use! Sure, I've got some background in computer programs, but this is truly a breeze.

Cons

There are a few little things that would make some of the fundraising input faster and easier. Other than that, it's been great.

Gabriel Soft Review

The transition was relatively smooth. I found customer support very accessible and helpful.

Pros

Ease of entering a new family while putting in donations as well as ease of switching between churches.

Cons

There are no cons per se. Finding reports to print has been a challenge and I am hoping for some upcoming training sessions for that.

Quality Software and Support at a Value Price

We are able to correspond with our Parish Members and provide information such as Ministry Schedules and contact lists that would be difficult without this product.

Pros

Ease of getting the system setup and operational in a very short time.

Cons

Documentation could be improved. Videos are available but written documentation would be helpful.

Great Software!

Changing from one program that you have used for a while to another is never easy, but Gabriel Software made the transition as easy as it gets, with online training and technical support that is on top of everything!

Pros

Easy to use, Technical support is awesome! Safe and Secure login

Cons

There is nothing I would change about this software

over all functions

I don't know what business problems it is solving for the diocese

Pros

The ease of correcting batches and the multi batch function

Cons

Looking up members, it gets confusing at times