MediaShout

Church presentation & worship management software

MediaShout Reviews

Pros

Love the ease of use of mediashout. So glad to use them again instead of versions that create more work.

Timothy C.

It is so easy to create a fabulous looking presentation for our church services. We absolutely love this program it is a priceless asset to any organization needing song lyrics for their services.

STACEY R.

MediaShout is an upgrade over PowerPoint and has a nice modern UI. It has improved reliability in the last couple versions.

Dave G.

Cons

The program crashed a lot. There were several times when I was using the program that it crashed with no warning and I had to reboot the entire program.

Chris B.

Instead, because they made an unfortunate decision to do business with the wrong company, it was going to cost US -the customer- $400. No product discount, no alternate license or work around.

Julia A.

Julia A.

Great presentation software

Transcript

David W.: My name's David, I'm the pastor of a church. I give MediaShout a four, and for more reviews...

Excellent Product and Great Value for Money!

Stability and mobility. I'm a life customer with MediaShout and would not hesitate to recommend it to other people.

Pros

You can do most things under the one computer. No multiple machines or feeds required. This is very useful for a mobile church setup. It also comes with multiple features that you often have to pay extra for with other products such as loads of Bible versions, Songs and Hymnals. MediaShout also has first grade tech support that quickly respond to issues encountered. MediaShout has been faithfully serving our church and multiple ministries for over 15 years. Our church was one of the first users of this product in Australia.

Cons

Text editing is probably the weakest point, which we sometimes have to rely on PPT instead for better formatting, but MediaShout is overall a very strong and all rounded product.

Pretty good church presentation software

Mediashout let us create a more engaging service for our guests and congregation. We were able to not only have lyrics on the screen, but give them a wide variety of backgrounds and animations. Additionally we could automate some slides like our announcements to run on a timer until we were ready to proceed. And the ease of adding multiple media sources like audio and video gave us new avenues to share more content with our live audience.

Pros

Mediashout provided us with advanced presentation options for our church, giving us lyrics, slides, transitions, media playing capability, and verse sharing on the screens throughout our sanctuary. Our staff and volunteers were able to setup Sunday morning services and everything that needed to be on the screens. We did this in advance, saved the files, and went live on Sundays. Mediashout let us expand our capabilities outside of Powerpoint and incorporate more media into our services, which helped us keep our congregation engaged.

Cons

Media shout did a lot of advanced features compared to powerpoint but wasn't as advanced as pro presenter. We had issues editing slides on the fly and when things went sideways in the service, it was difficult to see all the slides at a glance to jump ahead or behind within the same window like Propresenter. And the software used a lot of system resources, so we had to make extra sure nothing was running in the background.

Thanks for taking the time to review! We're so glad to have been able to serve your church. From the content of the review, it looks like you may have been using a slightly out of date version. We'd love to invite you to check out features like Presenter View in MediaShout 7 to have a better experience seeing slides at a glance or jumping around as needed. The editing process has also been streamlined so it's a bit quicker to put things together even on the fly- AND there's about to be a new update to MediaShout 7 with even more focus on on-the-fly firing. Stay posted, and please let our support team know if we can help in any way on mediashout.com/support.

Satisficed

Pros

MS7 seems to run much more efficiently on our machines, additionally once the service is prepared by staff and saved to the media storage device, the presentation has all the backgrounds and items it needs to run, thus is the network crashes the presentation will still execute (unless we lose all power like we did last Sunday).

Cons

MediaShout7 does not import MS Presentations as easily as MediaShout4.5 (the version we upgraded from). With 4.5 the import was straight forward with very limited need to reset fonts, sizes, etc. Not so when an MS Presentation is imported to MediaShout 7. Pastor has always liked using MS Presentation as he was very familiar, however he is now learning MediaShout7 Sermon Builder. Additionally, we experimented with different font colors against the song backgrounds. Upon making our choice and changing, I found there is not was to easily make that change globally to all pages of the song cue, except via template.

MS7 needs lots of work!

I have been a loyal MediaShout user since they began. However, Versions 5, 6, and now 7 are so riddled with problems that I have decided I will not invest any more money in this software. Tired of them repackaging the same program with the same problems.

Pros

So far, I can't really say that there are a lot of pros to this release.

Cons

MediaShout has always had lots of potential, but issues are many. MS7 was rebuilt from the ground up and is marketed as being more stable than other versions. This is simply not true. I upgraded over a month ago and it crashes or locks up weekly. It is also marketed as "powerful presentations made easy." There is nothing easy about this program. It is powerful, if you are willing to go through multiple steps to get your presentations the way you want them. MS7 is missing many of the features that were found in previous releases. In reworking the software, they have made many changes that practical usage very difficult and time consuming.

We're so sorry for your trouble. I understand where you're coming from. In streamlining & rebuilding MediaShout in Version 7, a lot was simplified, and we're still releasing some of the more advanced features over the next several months. But the basics are where the majority of users do think things are easier and quicker. We broke out of the box of limitations on a lot of things. Tech support has...

Great for Churches with Good Volunteers

My experience has been overall very positive. I can't say enough good things about their customer support employees as well. We were doing worship slides on PowerPoint before MediaShout, and the difference is astounding.

Pros

rHaving ease of access for Bible translations and hymn/song lyrics has drastically cut down on the time it takes me to do the worship slides each week. I find the Bible tool particularly helpful, no more copying and pasting! After a brief learning curve, MediaShout is easy to use and easy to be picky about.

Cons

I sometimes experience crashing with MediaShout, occasionally at very inopportune times. When I try to do something it just doesn't like, down it goes with little or no warning or explaination.

Hey there! Thank you so much for the kind words and being part of the MediaShout family. We want your experience to be flawless, if at all posible, so if you haven't already reached out to our customer support team, be sure to do that. We'd love to look into any crashing issues you're seeing and make sure we either work with you directly to resolve any system specific issues, or that we report whatever is causing it to our development team so they can conquer it once and for all in a future updates. We're continually updating the software and expecting another update soon, and with each one, we get even more stability, performance, and features! Thanks again!

MediaShout software is perfect for our church

MediaShout feels like a really close knit community, where users support each other well, but also MediaShout 'the company', support their users well. I love the software, and what we can achieve with it, in serving our church locally.

Pros

MediaShout is fully featured yet easy to use. It's easy to train on. Their support is second to none, and they really care about how the software works for you in your situation. They are passionate about making their software easy for us as users, to seamlessly support the process of worship and sharing the gospel.

Cons

I have no negatives about using and owning MediaShout.

A Great Value and Excellent Features

MediaShout has allowed our house of worship to increase our production value and provide a more immersive, intentional, and effective ministry to those who attend our services.

Pros

My favorite features of MediaShout was the amount of customization options the software allows for. I stopped needing to do so much editing work on graphics before importing them, and simply create the exact look I need for a service right within the application.

Cons

The only drawback I've had is the learning curve that comes with all of the customization features. For someone who works in graphic design, the workflow is pretty standard; however, it would be helpful to have access to additional training resources that can assist volunteers who use MediaShout on a weekly basis for smaller congregations.

Thanks so much for taking the time to review! If you haven't already looked into it, be sure to check out our Starter Pack which comes with a physical drive loaded with training videos as well as background resources. If you're on an older version, you can get this with the new MediaShout 7 (which happens to be easier to learn than any of our older ones). You can also do a lower cost option of a downloadable...

Good but some issues

We have been long-standing MediaShout users, right back from version 3. We have loved it for its flexibility and for how easy it was to use. It was quick and simple to train people up on it. That was until we moved to version 6 when the programme became overly complex. Key features became hard to find and unnecessarily difficult to do. Version 7 is exactly the same. As a consequence we went back to version 5 until the old laptop packed up and we could no longer use our licence keys for it. We are very close to giving up on Mediashout and moving to an alternative because you've made it so hard to work. We would really appreciate some basic functionality to be restored to make the whole experience simpler and therefore more enjoyable, instead of tearing out our hair every time we use it.

Pros

Huge range of features making it very flexible for every context

Cons

Some key features were far easier to use on previous versions Some tabs are not well laid out and key functions are sometimes hard to find Some changes from previous versions are illogical and make the whole experience somewhat frustrating

No longer using

This was the cutting edge presentation software for churches when it first was released. Then ProPresenter came along and made everything easier.

Pros

The bible scripture feature was so easy to display verses from different bible translations.

Cons

It was not user friendly, especially for volunteers who weren't using the software enough to stay familiar with the layout.

Hey Richard! Thanks for your review. You're right, MediaShout was the "pioneer" of church presentation software with the first ever concept of being able to navigate slides in random order or use motion backgrounds even. I wonder if you've seen our newer versions that came out around when ProPresenter was launched, and after? People say that our recent version 6, and especially our brand new version...

A Great Presentation App That Is Friendly to the Volunteer and Tech Alike

We deploy media shout to many of our clients who prefer a user friendly app that doesnt bog down your computer but still offers a clean, punchy presentation

Pros

Media Shout has a great layout and platform that lends itself to a quick learning curve.

Cons

I would love to see a better IOS interface and possible airplay or NDI functionality.

Great presentation formate

Are use it in two separate ministries elementary and junior high and off-campus events like camps and retreats

Pros

It is very easy to use I do elementary kids ministry and my kids are able to maneuver around mediashout and use it during our celebration services

Cons

There are several updates a year called builds That must be manually updated. I did have a glitch in my program that stumped the media shout team and was in unable to be fixed at this time

Hey Keith! Thanks for the positive review and insight! You're right those builds are updates for the program where we release improvements, new features, etc. Users can run on the one they have if they want but we do always encourage you to move up to the newer builds when it's convenient, to take advantage of all the improvements. Now that MediaShout 7 is out, the updates will be few for MediaShout...

Good product, could still use some work

I've been using MediaShout weekly since 2009. I've learned most of the tricks, bugs and shortcuts to the older 4.5 version, but I haven't really tried version 6 a ton because I can't get it to do what I want all the time.

Pros

Very easy to add lyrics to the presentation, integrated nicely with other products most churches probably use anyways.

Cons

I am currently using version 6 and version 4.5. I am sticking with 4.5 for now because I can't find a good way to use my keyboard on version 6. In version 4.5 you can use the arrow keys to navigate the cues without firing them, then hit enter on the one you want to fire to the presentation. Maybe I just don't know how to use the newer software, but it feels a lot harder to control since I'm using...

We appreciate the feedback. V6 is a little different- it puts more at your fingertips without going to different layers to edit. Multiple parts of the program are "active" at the same time. We tried to allow for things like entering numbers and pressing enter to fire, but the challenge was that commands were being sent to the editing functions and not just to the control functions. However, there are...

Customer service/support is amazing! First time user or an experienced user, they've got your back!

Pros

First and foremost, their customer service / support is the best. Any issue (my own or theirs) I've ever had the MediaShout team has effectively and efficiently solved to my utmost satisfaction. The team is very knowledgeable about their software, know it inside out, and are on top of their game with it. [No non-english speaking people reading from a script with these guys!] They are tirelessly patient...

Cons

I don't like that the main stage and the stage are tied so closely together when creating lyrics. I'm very anal about word placement in regards to the picture / graphic I am using. One slight change on the main effects the words on the stage as well as the next line feature. I know I can use the alignment buttons the software provides, but like I said, I'm anal about word placement. I would also...

Amazing but buggy

I love​ the flexibility and creativity it offers.

Pros

I love being able to put video backgrounds behind lyrics on slides. It's a such cool effect. MediaShout is an amazing tool for presentations. I especially appreciate the song & scripture libraries that are independent of any backgrounds.

Cons

I find that MediaShout crashes often. It's more reliable during presentations, but when I'm adjusting the slide order or making other changes, especially with video, it's still buggy.

Thanks for the encouraging review and using MediaShout! We're sorry for any trouble you're having with crashing. With our version 6, it is a pretty solid program and we don't see that often except for cases where the PC isn't quite up to spec, or maybe there's some system issues that need to be addressed. Our great support team is here for you if you connect with them on mediashout.com/support. I would...

We have been using it in our church for about 4 years. It has really enhanced our worship services

Pros

Mediashout visually enriches our Sunday morning worship experience. ** Our pastor uses sermon graphics or short video clips to support various sermon points. It is easy to import these into the script for him. **We love the time saving option of downloading scripture and song lyrics. ** We have an awesome choir that does special performances such as an Easter Cantata or Christmas concert. It...

Cons

The learning curve from MediaShout 5 to MediaShout 6 was pretty steep. We had some frustrations making the switch. MediaShout 6 has had a few glitches, most of which have been fixed with upgrades. Customer Support has been awesome throughout it all.

Media Shout 7 - Latest Version

We have used Media Shout from version 4/5, then into V6 and now V7. All of the releases have gone very smooth until V7. It seems they wanted to meet an arbitrary delivery date and released it prematurely. Now, with this latest release MS7 seems ready for prime time.

Pros

After all of my critical critiques of MS7 early releases I thought I would follow-up with a review of the latest release. I almost had to start from scratch, relearning how to build cues and formatting pages. But, I was able to build this weeks service in MS7 and it ran without any issues/aborts (unexpected shutdowns). I did not use any of my old MS7 scripts but started with a "new" script and built...

Cons

Their early release of the product. There were several features that would give you a comment that this feature would be coming in a future release. With the early releases the software would shutdown in the middle of our church service. To date this version of MS7 seems to be stable.

Mediashout v5/v6

Pros

I loved how fast I could set up a service, we used this 6 days a week and it went from taking me 2 hours a day to 15 minutes! The thing that has kept me is the customer service the staff are always friendly and helpful and if they can't figure out my problem they won't stop until it's done.

Cons

some times things don't work the way they should or little bugs here and there specifically with aligning text. but usually, a quick reboot and it's fixed.

BUYER BEWARE. LICENSE VANISHES.

Overall, in 10 years, we were left fixing and resetting codec issues multiple times a year. It worked 85% of the time and most recently not at all.

Pros

We have been customers for upwards of 10 years. The program worked with dual monitors.

Cons

We have purchased several upgrades - one because they forced us to. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. A few months ago we showed up for service as usual and our program said we were using a trial version. It started the 30 day countdown. Eventually we dig out the registration codes for the product we had purchased and it would not accept the code. We tried multiple times but...

I love MediaShout. It is excellent church presentation software

This software helps to enhance the spread of important information, it helps to enhance worship services, and is very cost effective.

Pros

I love the numerous features and options that help to make for a vibrant worship service. Most of all, I love the wide selection of Bible translations that are available without the need of having to purchase a separate license for each translation. This is really the main reason that we chose MediaShout above the others.

Cons

It can be a bit complicated to operate the software. Stability is a bit of an issue. Even with a powerful machine, it may crash from time to time. I am not thrilled with the past licensing model that at times necessitated having to potentially purchase a new license if a computer crashed. It would be nice to have an option where licenses could be activated/deactivated via a secure login. However, I think that the new licensing model which makes it more cost effective just to purchase unlimited licenses will remedy this issue. Finally, upgrade pricing is too high.

Hey Gary, Thank you for the review! We've found MediaShout to be a very stable program among church presentation software. Occasional crashing can normally be attributed to outdated graphics drivers, implementation of PowerPoint or mis-matched codec settings. We also look forward to the day when users can deactivate "dead" computers via their secure logon to their MediaShout account. It is...

Have used for over ten years

Pros

Easy and intuitive once you are up and running. Many times I've been w/o a tech and had to grab a random person from the congregation to advance the screens while I was directing. Literally tell them "Just hit the space bar ". Have recruited several tech subs that went on to being proficient once they tried it!

Cons

The down time needed to learn each new full version (not the updates).

Freezes and crashes

Overall, our church has been very impressed and satisfied with this program. It's the glitches tied to program freezes that distracts from Sunday services.

Pros

While there are many fine tuning details to learn, this is a user friendly program that provides lots of options for professional quality presentations. It's relatively easy to teach someone how to run a presentation once it's been put on a script and that's important with a team of church volunteers who rotate from week to week. We've used this software for over seven years and it serves our projection presentation needs remarkably well.

Cons

I, personally, still much prefer the format of the MS 5 to the MS 6 version and so do the volunteers at our church. It's just a simpler screen to look at and find things and I'd suggest that Media consider giving users the option of which design format layout they'd rather use. The biggest problem we've had with both versions came when we moved to High Definition Resolutions and file sizes and, despite trying to troubleshoot with Media Shout, we continue to have frequent crashes on larger background files, particularly video files. We're using many of the same graphics as we did at lower resolutions but upping the screen resolutions has led to far more crashes.

The software is very powerful and has features for every size church and way/style of worship.

The software is built and designed for churches ... and allows me to support our worship services with spectacular visuals and a smooth running one hour services. The team of support people is outstanding. This software is the bomb and I love it.

Pros

It allows me to use beautiful motions as backgrounds and I can put text over the motions. It's easy to use and very well supported by a team of very knowledgeable and helpful Christian people. I don't use/need even half of the functionality but what I do use allows me to create wonderful hour-long services in a liturgical "high church" setting. I love my work as a visual worship leader and could not even begin to do my church justice without this wonderful and powerful software.

Cons

Same thing with all software I guess ... when big new releases come out, the learning curve is very rough. Part of that is on my shoulders because I'm not a young techy ... but wow sometimes I wonder why developers don't take into consideration the stress it creates and time required to have the user interface change so drastically that the user feels lost and has to start from scratch. And you know how much time we have on our hands. But, bottom line is the software and support is awesome and I love it.

Newly Designed User Interface Poor.

I want to remain on 4.5 which has an excellent interface without a steep learning curve. Pastors do not have the time to be techies. We need something that is stable. Unfortunately, Media Shout has taken 4.5 away making it impossible to use if reloading on a new computer.

Pros

Nothing. The learning curve of a new interface doesn't allow me to receive value from this product

Cons

User Interface. It's like a product I never seen though I've been a customer for 15 years.

Hi there! We're sorry to hear about the initial difficulty with V6. We know that with a new interface comes some time getting comfortable with it, and that time is valuable especially in ministry. However, this was one of those situations where to make it better all around (+ easier/faster to use), we had to make the jump to something new. What we've heard from lots of users so far is that it was worth...

Made my first custom count-down timer

Pros

I'm not usually the on-site tech guy for special events, but it happened to be me the other day. Among the inevitable last-minute requests was a count down timer to display on the main screens during intermission so everyone would know when it was time to continue the concert. But, they didn't want a generic video off youtube, they wanted something themed to match the event so it looked intentional....

Cons

Seems like this thing loads pretty slow. It's running on a good computer, but still seems like it takes forever to open and load up the file.

Amazing Presentation Software

Pros

The program is very easy to use and covers all our needs as a church. Being able to show lyrics and Bible verses and ppts seemlessly makes MS6 worth it. Being able to open multiple presentations is a useful new feature.

Cons

We have encountered random crashes and bugs in the program. Even those are rare, it does get annoying if that happens during service. When moving between decks, it feels like MS6 is moved backwards in comparison to MS5 and MS4. Being able to skip slides without having to use the mouse is very useful to our church and using the arrow keys then entering was a valuable feature that was lost. Finally, an update to the Android version of MSRemote to match the iOS would improve our experience.

Hey Alwin, Thank you for the review! I'm sorry you've encountered occasional "buggy" crashing issues. I would mention that crashing, though rare, is often caused due to a Windows Update changing settings in your machine. As a software, MediaShout is supremely stable and will only crash, for instance, if you have outdated video card drivers, PowerPoint implementation, or mis-matched codec settings. When something like that happens, reach out to us -- submit a ticket, get on our chat line, etc. We're here to help! Thanks, and be blessed!