SimpleChurch CRM Reviews

SimpleChurch CRM

Web and mobile church management software

SimpleChurch CRM

Review Summary

Pros

We like that we have email and text abilities build into the software. We also like that we can do attendance with it.

Darren S.

My overall experience has been good. This platform has helped me realize the importance of effective contact and follow-up to help increase retention in my Church.

Debra L.

Judy B.

Judy B.

We are a small church so this isn't a massive problem, more of an irritant. The "More" button on the contribution side in order to add comments.

Deborah B.

4.6

Very good tool

Affordable database management - organized several needs in one place (including attendance reports, online giving statements, check-in, mass contact, etc.)

Pros

Simplicity in data management for churches. This software is so easy to learn and use. Access to the information and tools via web browser or phone app is also simple and convenient.

Cons

Their options for how to use the database are limited. From time to time, we want to run a certain type of report or create a directory, but we can't do exactly what we want. Most of the time, it is close enough to be satisfied.

SimpleChurch Has Made Our Lives Simple

Our over all experience is a great one. SimpleChurch is really simple to use and if you have a problem, there is someone readily available to help you. Thanks SimpleChurch.

Pros

The best thing that I love about SimpleChurch is the ease in entering and running reports. You can absolutely get all the information you are looking for at a glance. Coming from software that was not church friendly, simple really is the name of the game. We love it.

Cons

The one thing I didn't like was how hard it was to upload our contribution letter for year end. We called support and they walked us through.

Better than Nothing

For the most part it is a good software. It will work for now.

Pros

(1) Having member information at our fingertips. (2) Combined Giving Portal that automatically populates with our members giving records. (3) Attendance records (when they work)

Cons

(1) Many times devices can't access member information. Random members will populate but not the ones we are searching for. (2) Different devices reflect different data (example: I show attendance 100 and the person standing next to me shows on 82). And yes, each of us have logged out and logged back in... nothing changes except sometimes it is worse after logging back in. (3) The Giving portal is...

Love SimpleChurch !

Simple Church has so much to offering besides a platform to track giving and members. We have an app that was easy to set up and can sent messages to our members as well. We are glad we made the switch. It has a great price as well.

Pros

This product has what it is seems like endless features. I can track giving, account for visitors and members. It easy to use. The simple church team offers tons of help and videos to get you started.

Cons

Least favorite is that there are so many mini platforms link through it. There is a one stop shop. All can be linked together you have to learn how to use all of them.

Most efficient CMS

Our visitation ministry was revitalized by using the interactions on prospects and church members. This module was probably the single most important reason I chose to choose SimpleChurch over all the other church database programs on the market.

Pros

The App is amazing! Interactions are invaluable. Attendance module is powerful. Mass contact is easy to use and effective. Giving reports are the clearest and best I have seen. We are ready to launch our child check-in in a few weeks as well as the new Ministry One App. Keep the improvements coming!!! SimpleChurch has refused to sit still and stagnate for which I am thankful.

Cons

Calendar modular had some great concepts for communicating events to department directors but its interface was awkward and somewhat stiff to put into actual use. I understand they are working to improve it. We are not using it at this time but look forward to seeing how it can be remodeled.

Easy to navigate / GREAT Customer Service

Smooth and as problem-free as humanly possible.

Pros

Right from the start - exporting data from our old system into Simple Church was made easy by the support staff. Customer Service is phenomenal! They made the set-up process a breeze and continue to give A+ customer service each time any of our staff have ever called. The program is easy to navigate and use daily. Even the phone app is great and makes life easier for our Care Pastor and team who are out in the field visiting sick members. Their address links to Google Maps which makes it a breeze to find their homes.

Cons

The only part I'm not 100% satisfied with are some of the reports available. Our denomination requires specific reporting and I have had to get creative in way to pull out the information that is required. Customer Service is THE BEST and they help me find ways to get what I need. However, if Simple Church discovers that other customers are having the same issues, they will make programming changes to make that report or service available in the future.

SimpleChurchCRM is Simple!

Amazingly satisfying.

Pros

Simple Church is just that; simple. The ease of learning the software, importing from old software, using the software....It is all clean, easy and performs exactly how we need it too. Customer support at SimpleChurch is also amazing. Whether it is a phone call, an email, or by using one of the many video tutorials, SimpleChurch is readily available to help however they can.

Cons

We have just begun looking at using the app feature. We are not too impressed that we cannot tweak the app to make it look like us, and hope that SimpleChurch changes those capabilities soon.

Thank you for your review, Debra! We are thrilled you love our product! Are you using the Ministry One app? We are continuing to tweak functionality so you may be able to customize it more in the coming days.

Lots of features for the money

Anytime we have had a problem, the support team has been quick to help us and get us moving forward.

Pros

When we decided to use SimpleChurchCRM, one of the leading factors for us was the integration of online giving with keeping donor records. We were combining two administrative positions into one, and the added features of SimpleChurch saved us weekly labor hours. The communication tools (text messaging especially) has been invaluable for our ministry. One thing I can truly say is that the developers are constantly working to improve the software. The cloud-based nature and user apps are incredible for working on the go. It helps our staff when we need to work remotely and allows our members to have instant access to an up-to-date directory.

Cons

The email writing process (for group communications) leaves room for improvement. You can’t just drop in graphics without them being on the web somewhere already and the formatting options leave a lot to be desired.

SimpleChurchCRM

Was easy to learn and not overall complicated like some programs can be. At this time we have not used the database to its full capacity. We are doing more and more with it everyday.

Pros

It is easy to use. Like that all employees have access to it but can also be limited to what they are able to do in it. The software we had before everyone did not have access. Also like the feature of being able to do mass text/voice call/email. Makes it easy to reach all of our members at one time.

Cons

Don't like that to print a directory people have to be in a group. We have people in our database that don't belong to a group and they get left out.

Review requested by SimpleChurchCRM 4/2020

I honestly don't see any massive changes or business issues solved. It is asking for essentially the same information as with our former software, but more can be entered.

Pros

It is pretty easy to use. It is much like our former software but more up to date in terms of technology. Creating a directory is much nicer than our former software, once I can determine how I want it listed. Statements are quite simple to create, again in comparison to the former system. There are several options we don't use based on the size of the church, but what we do use is user friendly.

Cons

1. Having to reenter the person's name when doing the contribution breakdown each week. If they have say 4 different funds they contribute to, I need to make sure I have the correct name and the correct fund. We are a small church so this isn't a massive problem, more of an irritant. 2. The "More" button on the contribution side in order to add comments. It flashes on and off when you are trying...

Great Resource for Churches

As I stated above, simplicity and the ability to accomplish many ministry tasks on one platform are great advantages for us.

Pros

The overall platform is very user friendly. Compared to our previous software, SimpleChurchCRM is really easy for our office staff to use. Also, they continue to integrate various features which makes it a comprehensive tool for our church that allows for data management, online giving, text/email communication, check-in, and more.

Cons

We've ran into a few issues with our kids' check-in, but those were mostly in the beginning. Support has improved since we first began using the software two years ago, and we really like the features that continue to emerge.

review of SimpleChurch CRM

I find it quite easy to use.

Pros

I can quickly get addresses or other information. ease of background checks.

Cons

I do not like having to download every report. Sometimes I just want to view and/or print the information without having to save it first. when contributions are entered, I would also like the giving summary to be a separate page. It would also be convenient if the report could be emailed from the program. Cannot find or review bulk emails or find out if they made it to the recipients.

All in One Place

The SimpleChurch software is easy to use as a staff member. It took just minutes to set up our musical groups and then send communications through the software. Our members like the security of the system that requires an invite from the Administrator and the confidence it brings that only those in our church can see their information. I like that I can take photos of them and put it in their file. That way, when someone hears a name and asks "Now who is that?" they can look up the name and see their face. I believe it was a great decision to start utilizing this tool at our church.

Pros

I find I'm always using the app when going to visit members. The addresses found in the SimpleChurch app link directly to my phone's mapping software and I'm just a couple clicks away from having an active route to their house. Additionally, I can't tell you how many times a member has asked for the email or phone number of someone and, by using the app, I was able to give it to them quickly.

Cons

I have to say I am unaware of any shortcomings or suggestions for improvement for SimpleChurch. I am a staff member who uses this tool but not the Administrator who oversees the daily operation of it. She might possibly have some suggestions, but from my experience of using it, I have been well pleased!

Thank you for your review, Robert! We are thrilled you love our product!

Disappointed

I always get quick responses from the on-line support people but they often can't help, tell me that I can't do what I want to do with the software or don't seem to understand the problem. They are nice but I have been unsuccessful is solving my most pressing problems.

Pros

This software took over for a program we used for many years but was no longer supported by Microsoft. Our files were transferred over, almost seamlessly. The software was not difficult to learn and was pretty easy to use for most of our daily needs.

Cons

The data base problem that someone else mentioned, has proven to be problematic. Our biggest problem though, is in using the on-line directory function of the software. Changes made by the administrator do not automatically update on users' apps unless they reload the entire app itself. This is very frustrating for staff and parishioners alike. The Pledge function is also awkward to use and keep updated.

Great church management software!

I appreciate the programming, and the support staff. Whenever I email to ask about a feature, if it is something that is not currently available, they send it over to development for review for possible upgrades later.

Pros

Easy to use. I like the to ability to group members together, and to be able to mass text or email quickly.

Cons

I am still trying to figure out the integration with constant contact mass emails.

Amazing, Innovative Software!

Pros

I find the SimpleChurch CRM software to be incredibly user-friendly! I love that ALL of the member information is at my fingertips and is easy to update. Our shepherding team uses the Interactions feature regularly to make sure they are all on the same page as far as contacting people, visiting, communicating, etc.

Cons

The only thing that we'd like to see change is that when an interaction takes place with more than one person, we'd like to be able to "tag" the spouse/child in an interaction that we've logged with a particular individual so that the interaction shows up on both people's interaction logs. It's very common for our team to visit a couple at their home. Currently, we'd have to duplicate the interaction for it to show up on both individuals' logs.

A great starting system, but low ceiling

Overall it was a good first software for us. Unfortunately we weren't able to make it work. There customer support was very kind, but always gave me the same answer of "we will have to send that to our design team" and I would never hear back. After 6 months of doing that I had to start looking into a different software for our church. I really liked the simple design and would highly recommend it to people who are just getting started in the church management software.

Pros

Child check-in was a breeze. Pastoral care was very good. Very easy interface and simple design. Quick and easy to learn. Users loved it!

Cons

Too low of a ceiling. For a church that is just looking to get started this is a great software, but they were too slow with a lot of their major updates for us to continue. Administrators felt hamstrung with the way that the system ran. The things that they do they do really well, but not practical for larger churches that are looking for a more fully functional system.

User Friendly, Great Support

Pros

Easy to navigate and customize. Responsive help when needed. We are a small church of about 100 members. Most work is accomplished by volunteers and a software that's intuitive for users is important. Help section is content rich.

Cons

Product is so easy to use. Wish did not have to identify one of a two-part household as "primary"

Great overall solution for church management

We have really needed to rely on tech support but any interaction I have had with this company have been nothing but good.

Pros

I like the ease of organizing families and finances in one place.

Cons

I can't think of a thing I dislike about this product.

Invaluable software for our church

It has eliminated the need for a printed church directory, since nearly all members have the ability to download and use the software.

Pros

We like the ease of use in finding and keeping up with church members once the initial information is put in.

Cons

Not able to keep certain easy-to-use schedules (like last week, Monday-Sunday, etc.) available in the giving reports module. We have to go in and change dates every week, both for online, offline, and total giving. More presets would be a great help.

Great product and customer service.

Overall very happy.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and it allows us to communicate efficiently with our congregation.

Cons

I would like to see a platform within the product that would allow volunteers to select times they can volunteer. The current way it is set up, the volunteer must be asked then reject before another can be invited, versus all volunteers can see the available time slots at the same time, and sign ups can be first come first serve style.

Just My Thoughts

Pros

What I enjoy most about SimpleChurchCRM is how well it integrates our online giving and our database. I find the ability to produce reports on giving, attendance very helpful. Furthermore, I like the ability to mass communicate (text, email) and the ability for members to update their information.

Cons

Sometimes the latest updates take a while to reach our system. The pricing system can be confusing at times.

Giving

Pros

Mass messaging. CUSTOMER SERVICE - GOOD JOB TEAM. Probably the only reason we're still using SC-CRM.

Cons

We are close to changing from SimpleChurchCRM to Planning Center. One of the features of planning center is the option for the GIVER to opt to pay for transaction fees. HUGE PLUS! They also have ministry scheduling available. It's an ALL-IN-ONE solution. Check it out.

Great Software

Our experience with Simple Church has been amazing, their giving software as well as the reliability of the management software is amazing. Very easy to use, and very easy to create flows and followups, groups etc.

Pros

Simple Church is a very easy but powerful software that it works great with any size church.

Cons

It would be great if they had it where you can change language, like spanish etc.

SimpleChurchCRM makes daily work easy!

Connectivity and ability to update on-the-spot make SC the best choice for our congregation.

Pros

Ease of use and availability to our congregation

Cons

Integration was time-consuming, but we didn't have anything more than a spreadsheet before using SC. The time spent to set up SC was well worth it.