MapYourTag

Asset Tracking made Easy and Affordable from your Smartphone

MapYourTag Reviews

Pros

Love, almost everything about the software from the tracking of the inventory, to the printable tags. It really is the perfect solution for us...almost.

Ryan B.

Trang H.

As you know schools are on a tight budget so this solution is awesome when comparing the cost of a WASP barcode solution. Keep up the good work, looking forward to the future on this product.

Charles E.

Cons

We have struggled to successfully monitor the location of these instruments and to date this has become a large unnessecary expense for our company with lost and damaged instruments.

No customer service to help you with anything this program was down for more than a month very ugly.

Bernie V.

I found it very useful for myself

Pros

I really love this tool, it's very helpful for me to access my assets. Now I don't have to worry about where my assets are. I will use it every day because it's very easy to use. Thanks for created it.

Cons

If you want to use it for the assets that placed outside then you need to find a different way to protect your tags from the weather conditions.

Hi Trang, Thank you for your helpful review about the MapYourTag asset tracking app. I remain with best regards,

The good the Bad & The Ugly

Pros

Very easy to use With any device with the camera

Cons

The mapping tagsThat you put on the equipment Its not that good for the outside weather conditions

Thnk you Bernie

MapYourTag Review for asset tracking

We have been using MapYourTag for tracking of equipment, labour, written reports and photo documentation by our field staff on construction projects. MapYourTag has been very helpful in expanding their application functionality to meet our requirements, and have been very timely in addressing issues we have been experiencing with the application. The application is well designed, and would be very useful in traditional asset management. I feel that many of our pains with the application stem from our requirements which exceed the functionality of the application as it is designed. Having said that, I am very happy with the help that has been provided by MapYourTag to overcome these challenges.

Pros

Easy to setup, offline capability, photo capture capability

Cons

Some challenges with functionality of the Apple application. Android application seems more stable, and web browser platform is very stable.

Thank you Olivier for your review. Best regards

Wow!

MapYourTag has proven to be a very, very valuable tool for our small company. We are using it to geotrack the movement of the Samples that our sales team transport from customer to customer. Since a mobile phone is the only tool needed, there was no need to purchase scanners, and the process is very easy for the field based team. Because of the flexibility to add fields to each asset, we have also...

Pros

- Ease of use - Simple Interface - Ability to Customize - Superb support team!

Cons

Must have to track inventory

Pros

You can track your inventory at any moment. All you need to do is scan it and you will have the location for your inventory.

Cons

It is hard to set up at the begging if you are not a computer skilled person.

Thank you Samuel for you review for our asset tracking app.

Map Your Tag Survey

Nardia Plumbing has been using Map Your Tag to track equipment at various construction sites. We have found the software to be very useful in preventing loss and quickly identify the location. Would be useful to include depreciation calculation in the software.

Pros

Ease to use.

Cons

Equipment tag does not generate a GPS signal directly

Hi Carl, Thank you for your review. We appreciate your feedback about our software. About the possibility to have depreciation calculation. Please note that you can register the relevant information for depreciation. Then an export to your IT system or in an excel file will be find to bring you with the depreciation calculation. regards,

Easy to use asset tracking

MapYourTag has solved our IT equipment tracking, we can accurately track our laptops, we know where and who has them at any time.

Pros

What I like the most is the ease to use the Iphone app, it makes it very easy to use for anyone who owns a smartphone. just open the app, scan the asset and update the location with one tap.

Cons

I wish that there would be an easier way to create reports on the usage and history of my assets.

Hi Nicolas, Thank you for your review on our asset tracking. regards, MapYourTag customer support

MapYourTag For Durable Medical Equipment (DME/Home Health)

Pros

-Real time gps timestamp when equipment is placed -Various scan codes alowed for linking individual assets -Wide range of attributes to add to each asset for use and upkeep.

Cons

-In poor gps signal areas the address automatically loaded is not completely accurate. With this, the address can be manually entered.

Thanks for your review!

Work-field friend!

Pros

It is very simple and hence easy to use. The ability to just locate any of the resources any time is just great. It makes work very much easy.

Cons

The preliminary con is the installation process for the very beginning. It takes workers some time to get used to it. Apart from this, there are no major cons that I can name of.

Thanks for your review.

Good functionality but strict limits on number of devices

Pros

Web based, basic and easy entry plans for small businesses. Nice features with QR code link and Android based scanner

Cons

It has a lot of features and some times it can be difficult to navigate and search for devices. Also missing field for assigning device to employees (we used the comments field but it was not searchable.

I use this everyday and have never had an issue once

The ability to simply log on and locate where our inventory is at a moments notice.

Pros

I use Map your Tag daily. It's a simple way to keep track of inventory in the field. I can log on and simply and see where anything is in a moments notice. The employees simply scan in, and I have access to their location.

Cons

We have been using Map your Tag for several years now and in all of that time, I haven't found anything that I can say is wrong with it. It's very simple for our employees in the field to use as well as myself and the management to view where the inventory is at a moments notice.

Hi Missy, Thank you very much for your kind review. We remain with best regards,

Great Product Only 1 major flaw and one minor flaw

Pros

Love, almost everything about the software from the tracking of the inventory, to the printable tags. It really is the perfect solution for us...almost!

Cons

The mapping doesn't find a lot of the addresses we put in for our customers. We have to go with the "closest available address". I think a better map service would put you guys in the drivers seat. (see what I did there?) The only other change I would make would be when you have multiple units at the same location, they show up on top of each other so you can't tell how many are at that location. Maybe have some way of better showing that there are say 9 assets at one location.

Hi Ryan, Thank you for your review. We are looking to implement the google maps service. It's possible that in the future we'll update MapYourTag with the very accurate Google maps service. Regards, Laurent

Review 12/6/16

The only suggestion I would have is a way to see at a glance which assets do not have tags assigned to them. Taking the program over from another partner, I've had to stumble across the assets myself to discover which ones did not have a tag appropriately assigned to them during the creation phase. Not a huge deal, it would just be helpful.

Pros

Ease of use, the ability to add multiple users with ease, accurate asset management, and cost effective.

Cons

The only con I see is the previously mentioned ability to have an at a glance option to see what assets are in the system, but fail to have a tag appropriately assigned to it.

Very Happy just a few minor glitches

Tracks our assets for a very reasonable cost.

Pros

Asset map, easy of use after setup, multiple users on one platform. Works well with our existing phones.

Cons

Setup is difficult to figure out. Insuring each asset is assigned a tag can be challenging for a not computer skilled person.

Hi Kyle, We thank you for the review. We'll do our best effort to make the app more and more intuitive. Regards,

Great Simple Solution to a costly problem

We use Map Your Tag somewhat unconventionally as a sample tracking solution as a fashion business. The team there consistently goes above and beyond to ensure this mission-critical solution stays running all the time. The functionality could be improved but its good at what it does and bear in mind we use it for a slightly different reason for most. Overall great product.

Pros

Simple to set up and maintain

Cons

Lack of API's and reporting functionality leaves a lot to be desired.

MYT enables you to fine tune your asset tracking process while managing your assets

An Effective tool to migrate from Excel based tracking process to Anywhere/Anytime via scanning feature of common tool, Smart Mobile devices. The 10-asset free version enables us to present and convince the concept to the Management. It also enables us to walk through with the Business users on workflow, from creation of asset record to update and export, from managing the QR codes to printing and tagging on asset.

Pros

10-free version enables you to evaluate, present and fine tune existing asset tracking process before licensing decision. Incremental licensing model enables you to build up the database progressively System generated QR codes with today commonly available smart mobile phones/tablets proves to be an cost-effective solution where ROI can be realized nearly instantly.

Cons

Insufficient self help FAQ like technical & implementation online information

Hi Peng Koon, Well pointed! We're working on new support web pages . More than a simple FAQ. I hope it goes live within a few days. Thank you for your feedback. regards, Laurent

Great Tracking Tool!

We have had a good experience using this application for tracking our equipment. Our survey assistants and party chiefs use a variety of equipment on a daily basis and this software helps us keep track of where what piece of equipment is at any given time. It also helps us keep track of equipment transferred to different divisions within our company. We have also had a great experience with customer service when we have had any questions concerning the product.

Pros

Helps us keep track of equipment so nothing gets lost.

Cons

n/a

MapYourTag is an excellent asset tracking tool 100% accurate with excellent support

We use MapYourTag to manage our customer's loaner equipment which is checked in and out daily. Since using it the last 8 months we have had 100% accuracy of the inventory status and know exactly who and when an equipment has been loaned out and returned. It is an excellent tool and very simple to use and manage.

Pros

Very easy to use and set up. Very customizable. Excellent email support. Very cost effective.

Cons

Printing the QR code labels is a little tricky with our thermal mylar label printer. We used a different printer software to print the labels.

Fantastic User Friendly Tool

This terrific app has made pertinent information available to any of our users in the field or office with less headache and quick , simple input. Highly recommend.

Pros

I love the usability of this app and of having all the details in one go-to place. It means less back and forth with our techs in the field making all of our lives simpler!

Cons

I find no cons at this point - really happy with it :-D

Hi Bethany, Than you for your review and useful comments. best regards, laurent

Great tracking tool for the price

We use MapYourTag for 2 purposes: To keep track of the samples that our outside sales team bring to customers, and for our fixed asset inventory tracking. We simply enter each of these assets into the database, print out the unique QR code onto a label to affix to each item. Our sales team tags each label to "check in" or "check out" our samples, and we go through the office and tag our assets when doing a tech inventory. It couldn't be easier, and the Customer Support team is super fast in helping out when we run into a jam, or to request any small enhancement.

Pros

Inexpensive, easy way to track company assets

Cons

No cons. There are some areas of opportunity for growth, but for the price point this is a great app

We track the date & time at which each asset is scanned, to calculate cycle time.

Data collection, reduced waste associated to managing information manually.

Pros

Ease of use, easily customizable, data easy to download. Simple way to implement data collection, at low price.

Cons

data downloaded (.csv file) must go through several transformations steps in order to calculate specific metrics.

Hi Nicolas. Glad to help you to track your assets and to calculate cycle time. Better that the .csv, you can use our API to collect and sort your data. I remain with best regards,Laurent

Simple, robust asset tracking, location mapping, and workflow tool

simple way to track assets, asset location, and implement work flows

Pros

MapYourTag's iOS and Android App user interface is very easy to use and customize with the MapYourTag website. I can easily assign users roles and security level privileges and track their logins and activities with assets. Asset groups can be separated and moved for additional security. Workflows, events, and locations are updated quickly and emailed to any user registered on the system.

Cons

Printing QRS code labels on our label printer takes a bit of time to set-up, but once the template is set, the QRS labels work easily and flawlessly with the MapYourTag App on our iphones, ipads, Android phones and tablets.

Hi Dennis, Thank you for the review. We appreciate. regards

Asset tracking made easy!

I've been experimenting with mapyourtag for about 4 months and now I am completed sold on it! I does exactly what it is supposed to do and with the ease of scanning it make it work very well and is simple to use!

Pros

The ease of use is what sold me on using it. I have three employees that need to enter info on a regular basis. They scan the QR code to me and I enter the data into Mapyourtag and job number and location are then plotted. NICE!

Cons

Haven't seen anything yet that I don't like!

Hi John, You can customize the attributes to suit your need. You can add a drop-down list with Rent-on/Rent-off as a new field during the survey when you scan your asset. Please contact our support team: contact@mapyourtag.com for assistance. cheers, Laurent

Easy and Precise

Accountable staff and an easy process in ensuring all staff were safe and sound.

Pros

The software allows you not only to keep your contractors and employees accountable but allows you to use precise payroll figures.

Cons

It would be great if there was a project management software integrated into it so it could be a business hi .

Thank you for the 5 stars and you review.

Simplicity and functionality!

It has been a great tool to track our assets in real time in the field and also maintain a detailed log and history of assets use which can be used to incorporate into our asset repair and maintenance program.

Pros

I enjoy the streamlined simplicity of the system. The software is flexible enough to be used in a variety of applications but simple enough to not get in it's own way.

Cons

The tag printing set-up is a little less intuitive and requires some formatting to print correctly.

Hi Seth, Thanks for your review. regards