PestPac Logo
PestPac

Field service software for pest control businesses

visit website

PestPac Reviews

3.9

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.15/10

Reviews by rating

I am so grateful to have found Pest Pac back when we started in 2002. It has made all the difference in our ability to provide the best customer service experience possible.
I liked that it was pretty consistent and very user friendly. I was able to get things done easily because I felt like it was easy to maneuver.
Try and cancel your subscription they will send you a threatening email reminding you of their auto renewal policy and your obligated to pay off your remain contract or be sent to collections.
Keep it simple stupid is my title because this software does everything but that.

Adam G.

Mgr

Real Estate, 1-10 employees

Used for a pest control start up

Transcript

Adam G.: My name is Adam. I work as the operations lead for a company in the pest control industry, reviewing...

NL

Natalie L.

Office Coordinator

Business Supplies and Equipment, 11-50 employees

Best Customer Support

Transcript

Natalie: Hi, my name is Natalie. I'm an office coordinator. I rate PestPac a five. For more reviews like...

MV

Mary V.

After 15 years, I'm Still Happy with Choosing PestPac

The folks at WorkWave have always been wonderful and polite. They've often gone out of their way to help me find a solution to how I want to use the system and will be clear when my requests are not obtainable. They believe in their product and appreciate suggestions that can help to advance the usability of the software. Since we're close in proximity to their home office, their Project Managers have gone into the field with our Technicians just to observe how we are using the software and how it can be improved.

Pros

The PestPac product is very expansive. It performs so many functions very well and integrates them within the system seamlessly. The routing and scheduling has created substantial efficiencies in our routes. Also, as extensive as the system is, it is not terribly difficult to use and understand. I appreciate that WorkWave is always making tweaks and modifications to improve performance and usability.

Cons

There is so many faucets to this software which is great, but sometimes overwhelming. You don't always know where to find the option change you are looking for, or if it exists. It's also difficult to know in advance how one set-up or change in selection will impact bill/work routing/reporting. Also, there isn't always help on a page, or the help is not helpful. I do think in the past that some new...

Hi Mary - Thank you so much for your review, we are glad to hear you are still finding success with our software after 15 years!

BS

Brad S.

Great software

We love Pestpac! My employees can work from home if needed because it is in the cloud. The pestpac mobile app allows my technicians and sales staff to work entirely with iphones and ipads. No more pre-printing tickets for the day, which saves time and money from needless trips back and forth to the office. Also, the customer support is quick, efficient, and will stay with us until our questions are anwered.

Pros

Pestpac software has transformed my business of the last five years. During that time, Pestpac has given us the tools to go paperless, collect customer reviews on an automated basis, digital sales presentations in the field, and streamlined contacting our customers with their automated texting feature. As a result, my revenues have gone up by 50% while adding very few employees.

Cons

There seems to be a larger learning curve for implementing add on software features. It usually takes us longer to implement, but is always worth it in the end.

Hi Brad! Thank you for your review. We are so happy that PestPac has transformed your business! We love to hear success stories like you increasing your revenue by 50%, congratulations! We are also glad that PestPac was able to help you adapt to mobile and remote work. We look forward to our continued relationship with Preferred Pest Control.

Jennifer S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

PestPac - How we feel after using for 3 years...

Personally I love PestPac. It's frustrating at times, but I feel that I know what the software can and can't do. For example, the Dashboard just doesn't work for us. I want to know how many cancels I have per month - true cancels - but the Dashboard will tell me how many deletes, how many deactivates, etc. I just want to know my losses - so I have to pull separate reports that I put in Excel to create my own accurate dashboard. I feel comfortable using PestPac and know what it's limitations are - and I know how to compensate for them - However, the inability to bill monthly is killing us. If this is not something that PestPac can fix quickly I'm afraid we will be looking at switching software.

Pros

I like that I can do everything from send out estimates/leads to see my customer calls pop up on my screen, to hitting three buttons to run renewals. I like that I can get almost any data I need. I like that the customer support teams is very helpful, knowledgeable and friendly. PestPac offers a single solution to run a pest control and lawn care business. I like the levels of permission as a manager that I can give to my staff. I LOVE the task feature and the call features. I love that lead management is integrated with the set up and I don't have to enter information twice. I love the service set-up report. I love the collections module and the way it helps me track customers that are over 120 days past due and is integrated directly with ARM.

Cons

The main reason we are even considering switching from PestPac is because I cannot bill on a subscription basis from the account. Meaning, if I set up 2 payment plans - because my customer has 2 different services with my company (ie. pest and lawn) that when on autobill it charges my customers twice. This is a nightmare!! We have lost customers because they don't understand why we can't give them...

MK

Marsha K.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Great tools and addition to any pest control company

In general, I LOVE pest pac. It has made our business so much better by using it. I would highly recommend to anyone looking for pest control software. There are so many tools and pieces to use and add it you want, it is GREAT!

Pros

Customer support is excellent! I can't ask for anything better! Anything that you are unsure about, you can ask questions and get quick answers. Anything you need... training and support, they are right there to schedule time to train and go over things that you may even have already been trained on but need a refresher. Questions of any kind or problems, support will help right away. This is SO nice and comforting to know when experience with other companies in the past is not at all like this generally. Scheduling -Route OP and dynamic planner is good, especially if you have never used a scheduler for pest control, it is great. Reports are awesome!! You can run just about any report however you want...great details to help you watch over the business.

Cons

Some of the scheduling in Route OP and dynamic planner needs attention. There are a some things that make it not work as efficiently as it could. In general it is a pretty good software, I just wish some of the ways the scheduler works were corrected to make this work better. The goal for Route OP is to help make scheduling more efficient and when it takes a lot of work to make it most efficient, that doesn't make the most sense to me.

JE

John E.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Capabilities Exceed Our Use

Just having a program that encompasses all our needs to track scheduling and history of services along with the ease of use is very beneficial.

Pros

Very intuitive, with a multitude of features. Tutorials are useful to train new office staff and software provides a vast array of information to store for customer database. Having our customer database stored securely off-site is a plus. The capabilities of the program far exceed what our company has utilize as of yet, this is a good thing to have more capabilities than less.

Cons

Having to purchase licences for each user. Some of the forms we print having to go on specific paper is a draw back.

Hi John - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software!

DC

Dale C.

Environmental Services, 1-10 employees

Is anyone even reading this?

There are many little mistakes with no evidence of fixing them. The pre-ceding screen to select my industry for example, Pest Control wasn’t even an option. Discover and American Express do not work unless they are setup after the on-bording process. The “Pay Here” option in the email that is sent with the invoice has a font size of about 8. Favorite tech notes are listed as “Maintenance Instructions”...

Pros

Pestpac’s functionality is excellent … if you can wrap your head around them. The app is easy enough to use. The integration from Gorilla Desk was, and still is, an absolute nightmare.

Cons

Too many little bugs that are not being addressed. COmments and complaints are being ignored or shuffed off to be filed. Simply put, you have grown large, and no longer care about the little things.

Hi Dale, We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our processes. Small and medium businesses are the heart of PestPac and WorkWave, and being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities. We are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations. We would love it if you could reach out to us directly and we can try and work through some of these issues with you.

JW

James W.

Consumer Services, 51-200 employees

Document Uploads Ridiculously Slow

Slow and cumbersome.

Pros

This message isn't about pros and cons. This message is about a specific problem listed below in the "cons" section.

Cons

I need to upload dozens of PDF documents and photos to various accounts. When doing so a red font message appears under each one as it "scans document for viruses". This is needless, cumbersome, and ridiculously time consuming for PDF files and Jpegs. While I understand the need to scan certain types of files (maybe website links) there needs to be a way to turn it off. IF there is no way to turn it off then that shows a lack of intuitiveness toward company time and thus is unacceptable in an age where time is money more than ever.

Hi James, We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our processes. I will share this information with our leadership team and hope to work with you on a resolution.

TF

Travis F.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Just a little tweaking.

Customer service is awesome. Even when You have forgotten how to do something they always treat you with respect and explain everything as if you were first learning. There is a lot of information to use and to learn but it all comes in due time. Depending on how you operate will determine how much you actually use. Sometimes I feel overwhelmed but at the same time, glad it is available.

Pros

Able to use a mobile app with customers to process invoices, Paperless system, Saves time, stores important info/documents and security.

Cons

Work wave is making changes/updates but I feel there are still some changes/tweaking that need to change or be added to make things better.

Hi Travis - Thanks for your feedback, we are so glad you have found success with our mobile app and support team!

DS

David S.

RUN!!

Pros

I like that it saves a lot of time in having all services turn into a bill. We used to go off an excel sheet and then bill everyone in quickbooks. WIth the amount of customers we have today this would take days to do still.

Cons

They sale modules and lock you in that don't work (eg route op). Pestpac support staff has no clue what they are doing and aren't properly trained on their solutions. They tell you one thing and then you input the data and it screws everything up. The software is very flawed and anytime you submit a ticket you never get a response. I've been fighting with them for 3 months about a refund which now they are declining. If your considering this company, run!!

Environmental Services, 11-50 employees

It's great when it works

My overall experience with PestPac is that It is great when it works

Pros

What I like the most about this software is that they offer so many different features in the same place

Cons

What i I like the least about this software is that all of the different features they offer have constant issues

Hello, and thanks for your feedback. We are glad you have found success with all of our different features and functionality on one platform, but are sorry to hear that you have been experiencing issues. We are taking your feedback into consideration, and appreciate the valuable insight. For any current issues you are experiencing, feel free to reach out to our support team who is happy to help, at 800-762-0301.

JK

Joanna K.

Used other for less than 6 months

Don’t waste your time or money.

I would NEVER recommend anyone to use this system - mostly for its archaic system/functionality but without a doubt for the terrible customer service. I have never known a company that has a customer unhappy with the product after trying it that wasn’t happy to refund their money for the reminding contract. Feels like a Bait and Switch and I’m stuck paying for a system I don’t use every month.

Pros

The system has the functionality to drill down to unit numbers and track service by apartment level. As we service apartment complexes, this was a major selling point when we signed up. (Con: Mind you that this was an additional charge). The other pro is that the system tracks your materials so when you go to do your reporting at the end of the month it is pretty seamless. These are the ONLY pros.

Cons

NOT USER FRIENDLY! The system is not with the times. You have to set up the backend of the system completely before you even start using the system. You have 6-8 weeks of training to help with this process, but during this training is when you find out everything they didn’t explain to you during the demo/sales process. I was very clear that we needed a system to bill multiple recurring services per...

Hi Joanna - We sincerely appreciate your valuable feedback as we look to continually grow and improve our products and processes. Being able to meet our customers' needs is one of our top priorities and we are sorry that our solution and customer service did not satisfy your expectations. We will be reviewing this issue with our team.

RS

Richard S.

Consumer Services,

Learning curve much too steep; not able to print on plain paper

Pros

I do admit that chat support has always seemed helpful. I think with how complicated the program is to use, it's necessary.

Cons

I purchased the software for a startup company. I own a very large service company in another industry and was very familar with service industry software. I wanted a product that was specific for pest control because of the use reporting of chemicals. I also needed a program that would handle auto payments by credit card and checks. Pestpac does both of these,but it is too awkward to use. Every step,...

BC

Bill C.

Grow Your Company

Pest Pac has enabled us to grow our business exponentially over the last 30 years. It has allowed us to accelerate our pace of growth. Going paperless has been a game changer for us on many levels. The field APP has our Techs working from their smart phones with everything they need at the touch of a button. The scheduler, GPS and the routing software are powerful tools that enable our production manager and our call center reps to schedule efficiently. The online payments has been a nice tool also.

Pros

The software impacts all areas of our operation including scheduling, routing, A/R, marketing, sales, reporting, etc.. Without this software our growth would be impeded drastically.

Cons

The leads/sales module needs to be improved. The online sales component of the sales module is outdated and needs an upgrade. The ability to measure and track REO on all the marketing channels also needs to be simplified. There are too many steps necessary for a CSR to utilize in its present form.

Hi Bill! You are a highly valued customer of ours, and we truly appreciate you writing this great review of PestPac. We are so happy that PestPac has been a game-changer for you and helped you to grow our business exponentially over the last 30 years. We look forward to seeing Cowleys Pest Services grow even more in the next 30!

EA

Elizabeth A.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Used to be great, but has declined over the years

I was a pest pac user from 2008 to 2016. Over the years little changed in the way of improvements. It was exciting to have a software that had the ability to invoice customers, compile great reports, schedule customers, track leads, process credit cards, process ACH, track commission, connect third party collections partners, track employees, provide up to date state forms, and had communication...

Pros

Mature company that was a been in the service industry for a while.

Cons

Slow unresponsive tech support, too expensive, feature do not work or work well. To use basic feature you have to pay for add on services, the billing department sucks. The company does not respect the fact that they support other business and the software is vital to the operation of a business. The system goes down for hours at a time and when they do system updates

AD

Alec D.

Consumer Services,

PestPac Good and Bad

Pros

The customer service is great when you speak or communicate with any employee. I've never had an issue with anyone being rude or waste my time. They listen to the issue and try to solve it. The product itself gives you a lot of tools at your disposal, sometimes too many :)

Cons

What bothers me the most about the vendor could be extensive: 1. The time it takes to get in contact with someone that can actually solve your problem. 2. The staffing that you have for PestPac Mobile is horrible, I've come to the conclusion that you basically have one person (the programmer) that can actually solve the "real technical" issues, and when you're out in the field trying to work...and...

ZB

ZACHARY B.

pestpac

It has been a benefit for our business

Pros

Being able to organize everything and route more efficiently

Cons

It has been difficult to get a hold of someone outside of regular business hours and even when you do it can still take a few days to resolve some problems.

Hi Zachary - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with the speed to resolve problems, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team.

Joshua S.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Easy for every day use but tricky to access the extras.

Overall it is great software. The change over to WorkWave Payments has been rocky to say the least. Several accounts did not update or Credit Card numbers were lost causing huge delays in our billing and customer dissatisfaction. I feel it is a bit expensive at 4% and I think that should have been made clear upfront.

Pros

Easy to get started on, basic functions are very user friendly.

Cons

It is difficult to figure out and then "remember" how to do out of the norm tasks like run certain reports, add users, adjust settings and identify the different functions available.

Hi Joshua - Thank you so much for the great review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software. However, we are sorry to hear that you had issues with Payments, we will pass this valuable feedback to our team. Have a great day!

I would rate it -0 if I could. Do your research

This was a horrible, insanely expensive mistake from start to finish. They told me my cards would transfer over to sell me (they didn’t almost putting my out of business), they made tons of promises that were not kept, they were WAY more expensive that sold as you keep having to pay for other functionalities to make anything work. Functionalities didn’t work leading to loss of customers. Routing was so bad we had to pay a full time employee to run it. Then they hold your data and cards hostage and try to make it impossible to leave, sending me a bill for over $40k to leave and won’t give me my credit cards for up to 8 weeks.

Pros

Nothing. Did not provide services promised, expensive, horrible customer service

Cons

This was a horrible, insanely expensive mistake from start to finish.

Hello, Thank you for sharing. We take your feedback seriously and have passed it along to our team. You will be hearing from your team shortly if you haven't already. Thank you - WorkWave

JB

Joseph B.

11-50 employees

Great Product - Must Have

Pestpac has been a great value to my company. I am able to access it from my desktop and mobile phone. With the Marathon Mobile app I no longer need to email each technician their route. They can view, update notes, and even upload photos and documents. Saving time and money.

Pros

It's software allows you to file several city and state mandatory reports seamlessly. Track technician activity to the minute and submit reports to customers instantly via email. It has saved me time and energy and provides customers more control of their account that I could have given them prior to using it.

Cons

I wish the community portal had more answers to the questions that are posted. If they did, this would significantly reduce if not eliminate many calls that come through the customer support line.

Jessica S.

Human Resources, 1-10 employees

Excellent Customer Service

I really enjoy using PestPac. And my customers seem to like what they have to offer as well. Though we are a very small company, using PestPac makes us feel like we are a huge company. Every interaction I've had with staff has always been positive and everyone is very helpful.

Pros

-Amazing customer service, everyone is so great! -Fantastic on boarding specialists to guide you through PestPacs program when you are first starting out. -Constantly offering education and training

Cons

-Notifications- when giving out call notifications the system gives a very loud beep and I wish that would get fixed. I try to encourage most of my customers to let me text them their notifications instead so they don't have to listen to the beep. -PestPac is located on the east coast, I'm on the west coast, so if I need customer support later in the day, I have to wait until the next work day. And they don't have customer support on weekends. -Visual Route Manager- I want to like the VRM but I feel like it doesn't help me much with optimization. But I'm sure it's just my user error.

LB

Laura B.

Chemicals, 11-50 employees

Accurate Pest Control

We are able to do provide professional looking work orders, invoices and statements. When we run into issues, the WorkWave team actively works on figuring out our issues and are very patient.

Pros

*Different ways to search for customers. *Ability to print a variety of reports. *Can move appointments easily with the appointment calendar. *Mass emailing (notifications, renewals, letters).

Cons

The "auto" populate. When we are trying to change information, we have to delete the information for the "list" to pop up to be able to select new information.

Hi Laura - Thank you for the review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software, and we really appreciate the valuable feedback.

BH

Becky H.

Consumer Services, 1,001-5,000 employees

The one and only Software

We have been able to route our customers using PestPac routing features and Visual Route Manager to make the technician's route run as smooth as possible and save time from zig-zagging across town.

Pros

There is not one thing I like the most. There are so many aspects of this software that help run my office. Each person has their own way of using a different tool and in the end, the outcome is the same.

Cons

The call ahead notifications voice can be difficult to understand for some customers especially the women's voice.

Hi Becky - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

SP

Stephen P.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Pestpac helps manage your customers and your routes

Overall, our experience with Pestpac has been pleasant. Their support staff are quick to answer your questions and account issues,

Pros

Pestpac has a very user friendly interface that makes managing your customer services and scheduling a breeze. Pestpac's advanced search mode makes locating even the most obscure of customer addresses a very manageable task.

Cons

Sometimes following and identifying balances and payments on merged accounts can be somewhat confusing.

Hi Stephen - Thank you so much for the 5-star review! We are so glad to hear you are finding success with our software.

DF

David F.

Public Safety, 51-200 employees

Best in the business

Great! We use it for everything from billing, to service, to reporting, routing, and GPS.

Pros

PestPac offers all the features that we need to run our business and it happens in 1 program. That means 1 program to train on and 1 program to administer.

Cons

It is an expensive product, especially when using all the various features. Some of the modules are a work in progress, however they are still full price.

Hi David - Thanks for the positive review! We are so glad you are finding success with our software.

SP

Sabrina P.

Essential to our Business

Having a software that does automatic invoices has really streamlined our business. We find offering electronic logbooks to our audited accounts sets us apart from many other pest control companies.

Pros

This software replaces the use of costly and often problematic scanners.

Cons

There is a lot functions that can be extensive to learn.

Hi, Sabrina! Thank you for your great review! We are so happy that PestPac has been able to set your business apart and has helped you to streamline your processes! We look forward to continuing our relationship with Sentinel Pest Control.