Silvertrac Software Logo
Silvertrac Software

Security incident reporting and guard management solution.

visit website

Silvertrac Software Reviews

4.7

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend9.26/10

Reviews by rating

I like the platform and the direction its going, the start up help was the best cant say enough about that, the Silvertrac team seems to want to provide a great program.
It has been a great and wonderful promotion for clients and has shown the work ethic of employees and good proof of the guard being on property and walking around.
I've been using Silvertrac for less than six months and so far I'm really impressed with the quality of customer service. Overall great product and easy to use.
You will always have the same guard have a problem with something. Generally it's user error but still takes time.
It has a tendency to lock up if you accidentally switch out of it.
It glitches alot and is in a delay on notes being updated by guards and the scans as well. Also login lags alot too.

Michael "Sully" S.

Security and Investigations, 501-1,000 employees

We can't run without it!

We use Silvertrac for all of our clients, it's helpful for us to create reports in real-time as things happen. This allows our Security Officers the opportunity to document occurrences as they go, instead of relying on paper reports.

Pros

Fully customizable, the framework is easy to navigate and user-friendly. The features allow us to document incident reports, damage reports, and other documentation with ease in real-time.

Cons

There's not a lot that I would say is a con about the software. I do feel that an updated layout would be a good change to keep things fresh.

TM

Tom M.

Security and Investigations, 11-50 employees

Will be a good fit for most security opperations

Overall I would recommend this product to any mid-size security company trying to streamline Operations and employee tracking.

Pros

silvertrac offers a wide variety of features that will work for most security operations. the customer service has been outstanding since day one.

Cons

like most of the security software companies in the market today after hours support is challenging. before purchasing this product make sure that the report will meet your customers needs, as the reports are relatively Limited in this software.

JA

Joseph A.

SilverTrac, The Cornerstone of reporting and accountability

Pros

I love the automatic reports that Silvertrac Generates for clients. That feature alone makes the software worth the price of admission.

Cons

The software can be slow and often has problems on phones that are not from a major manufacturer.

ev

edward v.

Great all inclusive report taking / officer tracking Product

Silvertrac is very easy to use. Build time depends on the sise of your organizaation, but even with that, the johnny page always is will ing to find solution to assist you in initial set up and design. always learning new ways to develop invaluable reports for our clients.

Pros

Great intuitive product. The application is easy to use and extremely versatile to all security needs. NO PAPERWORK. All officer needs is a smart device. Report delivery is easy with email set up.

Cons

At this point, I have not found any issues that I would consider in my opinion to be a "Con"

Erica G.

Best Return on Investment - Guard Company and Stakeholders

Very happy with our experience over the past years, and we have evolved our operations around it. We now use Silvertrac to monitor internal operations. Silvertrac is no longer a tool used for guard to client communication, and has become even more valuable in tracking our internal communication; reducing errors and shrinkage.

Pros

Complete accountability and valuable metrics essential for cost benefit!

Cons

Some features have limitations, and clients would like more access to options.

Shane M.

A valued Partner

Pros

The capabilities that the Silvertrac Software provides for our business needs is exceptional and allows us to not only provide but document and highlight value for our customers.

Cons

I would propose that SilverTrac offered a "company license" as opposed to individual user licences.

KB

Katie B.

Silvertrac Software review

Overall its a great program, I already suggest it to most of the officers who ask me a good program (outside of my company) to use for officers and reporting.

Pros

I like that I can easily keep track of all of the officers and their status, I love that it allows for the DAR in simple and extended formats, I Love how quickly your support team responds to all of my issues, This has been by far the easiest partnership / app I have ever had to use while doing this job. Thank you so much for taking the time to do help us with this.

Cons

I am just waiting or the Clock in feature to not be in BETA , I also wish it was easier for people meaning our customers to automatically get a DAR, so my life would be easier than setting them all up, kind of repetitive and time consuming, so guess I'm asking for it to be an option to Click a selection on the user settings to just send a full DAR to that person , like Maintenance DAR and a Security DAR etc.

Troy N.

Silvertrac is streamlining our entire operations, especially our report writing and training time.

Pros

The thing we like most about the software is that there are no longer stacks of paper everywhere from round reports, nightly reports, etc. We've been able to streamline everything and archive all reports within the software, and have gone mostly paperless at this point - Eco Friendly!

Cons

The thing we like least is on the programming side. When programming checkpoints with specific issue types there is no way to hide previously created issues types for previously created checkpoints. The more checkpoints and contracts we get, the longer that list will be.

Brett D.

First time user A-OK

Overall I recommend this software for any security company. There is a Lot of benefits that simplify our jobs. Customer support is on point and really cares about our opinion.

Pros

This software was an easy transition for my staff, they were all thrown in to the software with a quick 5 minute intro. They are working on new things as well which will help simplify things further. I look forward to seeing what else comes in the future.

Cons

There are a few ways my staff can sneak around different features we want them to use, however I was informed they are working on it as we speak.

Matthew D.

Ensuring Quality Security Patrols

Outstanding. Silvertrac Software is differentiating our company from our competitors who prioritise cheap rates.

Pros

Silvertrac is on the mobile, it is clean and simple to use. It also has a desktop dash view which is great for our Control room and supervisors knowing work is being completed and doubles as a welfare check.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like. My technology background does make me think about what the potential roadmap is for Silvertrac Software and the possibilites to layer features on this platform are endless.

A(

Anastasia (Dee Dee) L.

Comstock Protective Services

As a retired Public Safety Dispatch Supervisor and IT Project Manager, I was hired to facilitate the implementation of a Communications Center for a private security company looking to expand their patrol operations. My first job was to review their existing Guard Management Software, since there were lots of complaints with the Destiny Software System they were using, and to determine if it wasn't...

Pros

The ease of implementation and the ease of use for Communications and field units. The functionality of the software.

Cons

Looking forward to more functionality in future releases.

JH

Jason H.

ALERT Protective Services review of Silvertrac

Proposal was excellent, as was explanation of how the software worked. After evaluation, we quickly decided this would be a good fit for ALERT, even though our use of the software is a little different from a typical Silvertrac client. ALERT uses the software 85% of the time from a fixed location as a "dispatcher profile" - officers at a fixed post using a Windows PC, and accessing and creating an issue report via web browser interface. It works well this way for 90% of reports. The other 15% of use is the typical smartphone or tablet interface, via the Silvertrac App. The App itself works VERY well and we've gotten good feedback from clients.

Pros

Ease of use by officer personnel. Ease in reading reports as they are disseminated by email. Ease in seeing information at a glance via Issue Monitor and basic trend reports. DAR recap is also very good, providing clients with at a glance information. Of advanced functionality, the AUTO REPORTS function (auto DAR in particular) feature is GREAT and must have.

Cons

Given we use the software via web browser 85% of the time, the lack of ability to add a picture to a report from the initial issue creation stage is a con. I'd like to see this change, as this would be a perfect scenario for us, given how we use the software in gated community and high rise condo security applications. The only confusing part for clients, as we use the software: the "click here...

GK

Greg K.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Silvertrac Software has been a major reason our clients are referring us to other clients.

The biggest benefit for us has to be our clients referring us to other customers based on Silvertrac. Our company has grown by over 100% each year since using Silvertrac. Some of our core values are accountability and transparency. Silvertrac is our biggest tool in helping us meet and exceed our values on every service delivery we are involved with.

Pros

One of our biggest selling points is our transparency and accountability. Silvertrac gives us that platform to drive home these two traits of our company. Our clients appreciate the ability to see what our guards are doing in near real time and ensure we are meeting our conformance standards. Additionally, the automated reports the system generates for our clients has been extremely favorable. Customer service has been nothing short of excellent. I can always get an immediate response when I am having an issue or even a question regarding the capabilities.

Cons

The time clock feature appears to still have glitches in the feature and we have not been able to completely rely on this function.

EL

Elizabeth L.

Silvertrac has definitely helped us with customer retention and employee accountability.

see survey responses

Pros

The best thing that Silvertrac has done for us is RETAIN CUSTOMERS. The GPS tracking and timestamped photos has definitely built credibility into our services. Also, makes it easy to verify "lone officer" posts with photos, timestamping, and GPS tracking reports. And, the ease of use and easy to train new personnel on the system. Within a few minutes any employee who uses a mobile device can learn Silvertrac in a few short training minutes. There are more pros, but these are my top 3. We cannot see our business without it!

Cons

It's not a deal breaker, but some upgrades or updates are not as quick as would like to see - especially the device maintenance. If you have more than a couple of devices, the system makes device management a bit nightmarish when trying to figure out which devices to activate and de-activate - this has been my only pet peeve with the system in over a year - and we still cannot give a user defined name to each device for easy and quick identification.

jt

john t.

Great selling point!

Support is fabulous, Greg has been awesome! Always makes himself available to any questions or issues, as well as the rest of the team!

Pros

The ease of use; being able to have your employee's pick up this software so seamlessly, it was a surprisingly awesome experience. We're in an industry, where training is always needed but time, is not always your friend, so you have to be creative and proactive in finding new ways to effectively train your staff. That ultimately benefits your clients, which this software has done.

Cons

None yet, knock on wood! So far it has been the best business decision we have made.

MH

Malinda H.

Highly Recommended for use in the Security Industry

Pros

This software replaced our old archaic way of tracking and reporting incidents to clients. The setup and implementation was very easy, and the transition went smoothly. The software is user friendly, and the customer service is excellent.

Cons

I would love it if Silvertrac was able to route map for my patrol officers.

KH

Krista H.

The Silvertrac Software is exceptional

We as a company have used this software as a selling point and tool for our potential clients and sales proposal. This product/software has impressed our potential clients as well as current clients. We have increased our sales with the use of this product as well as the productivity of the guards.

Pros

The real-time reporting is an excellent selling point in our proposal to potential clients. With the use of this software we have increased our sales and number of clients. The GPS tracking is a great tool to keep the guards accountable as well as the check points (detex) option within the software. There are a number of different reports that are very helpful to our clients. Overall, the Silvertrac software is a valuable tool for our company and industry.

ID

Issac D.

SilverTrac feedback

Feedback on SilverTrac: I have had a very good experience with SilverTrac in general and I'd say that the only thing I can say is that I on my end have not utilized the software to it's potential and that is to no fault of SilverTrac. That being said it performs just like it should, but as in most cases it is only as good as its operators. I am the Regional Manager ABC and take care of all of...

Cons

Hey Issac! We'd be happy to meet and show you how the GPS features work. We can even help you incorporate more of the software in your presentations so you can clearly communicate the benefits of your service. Go ahead and reach out to your success manager or our support team, support@silvertracsoftware.com, and we can set up a meeting. We are looking forward to working a little closer in the near future!

TC

Tranquelina C.

A Security Nerd's Dream Come True

We are scanning areas of the property where any problem has the potential to become a huge inconvenience. Silvertrac allows us to track trends with different issues and also hold ourselves accountable for completing our proper checks. Our overall experience and training with the SilverTrac support team has been seamless, encouraging and educational. Special Thanks to rep. superior customer service skills and teaching ability. It has been enlightening!

Pros

The software is very straight forward and user friendly. Even my most seasoned officers who were initially reluctant to the technological changes have mastered Silvertrac and appreciate all of the opportunities it offers.

Cons

A simple beta testing bump in the road that was cleared up quickly if there were anything at all. Then again this was mostly due to the specific android device we were using. One quick email to our Customer Success Manager and the problem was resolved in minutes. In the end we are happy to be part of the new updates!

IS

Isabel S.

Security and Investigations, 1,001-5,000 employees

GMI New Managers Demo

Johnny was on point with the software. He was on time to the meeting and organized. The Demo was pretty short (30 minutes ) however we went over and Johnny did not cut us off. We were using group thinking and Johnny was listening to our concerns and was creative enough to jump in and give us ideas.

Pros

Report Writing and Photos. I like the real time pictures.

Cons

I am not too sure how to use the GPS and how we can give accountability to a client. It sounded good when Johnny was talking about it but when trying to explain it to executive I realized I did not understand it 100%

KM

Kenny M.

Security and Investigations, 501-1,000 employees

Silvertrac offers a robust management & reporting tool that exceeded our expectations...

Already mentioned in the PRO's block...

Pros

Silvertrac provided a seamless integration from our previous guard management system. It is easy to navigate and support services from REP are outstanding. I most recently included Silvertrac as a product in my final presentation for a major residential RFP and the decision makers were "blow away" by the presentation content. Their reply was: "Wow..., we actually don't have any questions for you because...

Cons

1. Would like to see capability to upload pdf files (Post Orders); 2. Needs geo-fencing features;

MB

Megan B.

Customer Service

Once again, rep is the reason I am still a customer. He has helped me with complex to simple issues and helped me understand a system I was given with zero training.

Pros

I would not be able to operate this software without rep's support. He allows me to reach out to him almost daily, and walks me through the process. If it was not for him, I would leave the software company, but I know his customer service will not be found anywhere else. He goes above and beyond to provide me with fast responses and follows up with me often.

Cons

The feature Silvertrac lacks that we need is the ability to GPS track officers. This is the only feature we need, and would make me consider looking at other software companies.

GG

Grant G.

Great software

Makes my daily work life easier.

Pros

Easy to use and easy to set up. My clients love the software and it's easily customizable. Easy to customize qr codes to include videos and etc. the representative and his team really listen to their customers. The customer rep always addresses any questions and values his customer feedback. The cons I listed below he is working on a solution.

Cons

Reports should be sent more than once a day. I would like to see some more options to add notes after the qr codes is scanned besides adding another security issues.

WH

William H.

Security and Investigations, 51-200 employees

Pros

Parking and Reports on one platform. GPS verification. Ability to customize.

Cons

Field Users cannot see previous reports, view photos, or search issues. For example, the field user cannot search to see if a transient had been previously contacted. No way for the field user to add photos from the phone and only allows photos from inside the app. Back Office: Supervisor reviews of reports before they are submitted to the client. When we make changes the client can see those changes when they read their auto reports. Also, If a report was completed under the wrong property there is no way to change the property to the correct one. Also, would be nice to have a simpler way to switch between clients. Btw, I have so many more suggestions. I am willing to work with you if you are serious about making changes.

JH

Jenny H.

Great Product for Price

We were able to give our customers more assurance of what is being done when they are not on the property. Because of the value added to our services we were able to raise our billing rates.

Pros

It solved many of the issues we were having with our employees in patrol. Now we have GPS locations of the patrol officers, incident reporting and customizable QR/barcodes that the officers scan at the locations. We also are able to have professional looking reports automatically generated and emailed to our customers every morning, with pictures and timestamps. (The reports are customizable too.) And customer service has been AMAZING!

Cons

The initial set up was a little rocky, but we got things dialed in pretty quickly.