Remember The Milk Reviews

Remember The Milk

Manage your tasks

Remember The Milk

Review Summary

Pros

It is easy to use and has great mobility connectivity. The support team is also always there to help you with anything you need, anytime.

Jeff S.

Great todo software that balances simplicity with great flexibility.

Jeff S.

Not worth the money, free options do much more and do it better.

Melanie E.

DENISE L.

Smokie L.

The mobile app is very slow and lags most of the times and it doesn't feel like a real native application. The UI is really bad and seems very old kind of design.

4.3

A versatile todo app that has loads of functionality and compatibility

Pros

RTM is one of the oldest todo apps that are out there, it is versatile and built for people who like to tinker. Having used several other todo apps, I find that RTM covers most of the most important things 1) Integration with Calendars - You are able to display tasks on calendars like Google, Apple and others. Many other apps do not have this function and come with their own calendar. For someone...

Cons

Remember The Milk isn't without its flaws. 1) RTM's task lists can sometimes feel very cluttered on the desktop and mobile apps, there are color codes but if the mobile apps could display tasks by day, week and month it would be great. If information could be broken down by when it is due and into specific categories, it would be great. 2) While it is a great todo app, the price for the pro feels...

The one-stop tool to drive my life

I started with RTM as a tool to record my To-Dos and now it has turned as my guide for the day. Apart from issues in switching timezones while traveling and still maintaining the position of recurring tasks, there's almost nothing I can complain about the tool.

Pros

- Available on all platforms I can think of, including BlackBerry 10! - Recording tasks is as easy on a mobile device as on a desktop/web-page - Completing tasks feel more natural than any other tool I've used - The number of tools available to organize tasks is enormous: lists (and smart-lists), tags, contacts, locations, etc. - Filters is one of my most favorite things in RTM

Cons

- There's no concept to view multiple lists in a single view as Todoist does - I wish there could be different containers for personal, work, more

Basic but useful

Pros

The list feature is easy to use and items in the list are easy to check off. The basic version is free.

Cons

the main list layout is not user friendly . It is hard to find the different functions on each list unless you become more familiar with it.

My new favorite Task Manager

This has streamlined my productivity, without being distracting to my day. I find it's not more work to use it as a task manager, but rather an easy way to track goals and tasks.

Pros

I recently switched at RTM, and I love the free features such as the ability to set reccuring tasks. This is important to me, because I used to spend a lot of time adding the same weekly goals I had. Additionally, you can delegate tasks to other coworkers seamlessly. The interface is cleaner than other TM tools I've used, and in this case less is more.

Cons

It's not intuitive to "complete" a task. There are a lot of random fields that obscure the functional ones that are obvious for a new user. I'm sure I will get used to this

Great todo app for people with a programming mind

NOTE: I am a beta tester for Remember the Milk via their Pro program. That means I pay for their service and in return I get to opt-in to the beta version. I've been an RTM user since 2005, and although different things have made me look at other services over the years (all the other services I'd wager) I keep coming back to RTM because of it's amazing flexibility. The current non-beta web app...

Pros

- Smart add syntax to add all task properties at once via keyboard - fully keyboard compatible (web app) - iOS and Android apps - capable of highly complex search queries that can be saved for future use

Cons

- seemingly basic features such as mobile syncing are only available after purchase ($25/year) - current web app UI is dated - no subtask support in current web app

Excellent task manager, very cool, very easy

Pros

I've been a Remember the Milk user for more than a decade and it's the best tool for managing tasks. Users can tag items, set them to be due at a certain time, and allow recurring tasks. It has an excellent (when it works) Gmail plugin, so you can manage your task from your email. There are also apps for your mobile device and tablet, and the UI of each is excellent. It can also be "hacked" for your calendar items to be forwarded to your task manager, so that everything you need to do is in one single list--which has helped me maintain inbox zero (and almost 0 overdue task) for more than 8 years. A very easy-to-use app manager that has a lot of awesome functionality.

Cons

Their support team is small and lean, and their Gmail plugin is not compatible with the new version of Gmail because it's essentially a completely new product. Since Gmail's plugin is the best way for me to access RTM, I find this a significant limitation.

Great task management tool with a host of features.

Simple task management and increased productivity along with loads of features and integrations.

Pros

Task management is something that an effective tool can simplify and RTM is the tool that I have used for some time to handle this. The number of features available is extensive, some of my favorites are: 1) Easily attach files from Google Drive. As a GSuite user, this is essential and allows me to manage tasks and keep the necessary documents, photos etc. in one place. 2)Desktop Smart Add Tool. Keep lists updated and quickly add new items on the fly. 3)Powerful search terms and shortcuts. They have the feel of gmail search terms and shortcuts so this should feel natural to a gmail user. 4) Subtasks, tags... There are many many more features that make this a great task management tool.

Cons

For the full version, the subscription price is a little steep. If you are not an advanced user, searching and sorting through tasks can be a bit cumbersome as your lists grow.

Best Organizational Tool I have Found

I very much enjoy this product and it has helped me tremendously as it has made me more productive.

Pros

I've used many options to organize my small business and RTM seems to balance the need for simplicity while still providing a quality product. Obviously fits in the budget! The daily notifications allow me to stay on top of the tasks I need to get done.

Cons

I wish the sorting function was a little more robust but other than that what more can you ask for?

Easy recording of tasks with subtasks, tags and lists including magic auto created lists.

Task management across devices with the ability to give tasks to others.

Pros

Well priced and integrates with the things I need it to in a small organisation. Simple enough to introduce to colleagues.

Cons

Glacial development pace. Email import of lists doesn't work from G Mail(!) if the task is too many characters and they don't think this is a problem worth fixing. "Use a different email client". The method of marking tasks as done is a bit confusing. The integrations work but they need to go further for this to be useful in larger organisations. No team management, you have to buy "gift" subscriptions for your colleagues.

Easy to use, cute ui

Pros

Remember the milk is very easy to use compared to toodledo. Also the cow is cute;)

Cons

There was nothing wrong in particular. I just switched because i found a better option.

Great todo software that balances simplicity with great flexibility

RTM has made me more organized, plus it's satisfying to set up a complex smart list that ends up working just like you want it to.

Pros

I love that RTM can be simple when simple is called for but also allows smart lists that can be customized, sorted, etc. to almost no end. While it does take some effort to make it do so, it is easier than one might imagine. Mobile apps and syncing also work well, as should be expected of software in this category.

Cons

While RTM is almost infinitely flexible, naturally the few areas where it isn't come into play for me. (For instance, completed tasks cannot be viewed in the same list as incomplete tasks.) Still, it's easily the most flexible todo list manager I've found.

Heavy daily user for business and personal tasks

I never forget anything, a very organized app that puts the right things I need in front of me so I can get more things done...

Pros

ease of use, especially when I learned the keyboard shortcuts (I like not having to switch to the mouse every 5 seconds) the UI is very clean, simple to use and no matter how many levels of nested tasks I go into I always know where I am (navigation-wise). Excellent mobile app (Android) in almost every sense

Cons

Some workflows on mobile are too long, the worst is postponing a task by anything other than 1 day - It requires quite a few clicks. So much so that I often dismiss the reminder and later change the due date on my PC...

Everything I Need for a To-Do List application

I love it and I recommend it to anyone who is looking for a to-do list app. It's a small player, but the software is solid, good, and customizable. Even the free version is just about all you need, but the Pro Paid version has a few perks.

Pros

It does everything I need. The most useful things being the customizable sorting, "Smart Lists" that are just bookmarks to your often-used searches, simple text-only adding of tasks (it parses some of the special e.g., !1 = Priority 1). It also has "start date" different from "due date" which is important to me.

Cons

As stated in the Pros, it does everything I want, so there really aren't any Cons.

keeps track of all your tasks

Pros

What I liked most about this is the fact that you can share tasks with other users (aka your family). This is difficult to do with regular to do lists or planners, using this app you can solve this sync issues. No more confussion trying to get all things done and matching timetables with your family. You can make several lists of tasks to do and include relevant information to each of them, such as the end date or the person who has to do it.

Cons

It may seem a little overwhelming at the beginning, with all the different options, and it may take some trial and error before you can take the most advantage of it. But when you do, you won't be able to live without it.

Good-looking and easy to use, but with some limitations for the power-user

Initially I was using the software daily until I began to uncover some of its limitations with sorting,

Pros

RTM has a very attractive desktop application that is easy-on-the eye. It's very quick to get started and quite intuitive in its use. I particularly like the way fields are only shown if they contain any data. There are smartphone versions as well, and sync is invisibly smooth between platforms. For the personal or casual user it doesn't get much easier than RTM.

Cons

Tasks which are completed cannot be sorted. This is a major inconvenience which a lot of people have asked to be put in place, for a long time. Devs are not responsive to this request which I personally have chased up a couple of times.

Solid and Reliable

I love Remember the Milk! For a long time, I used the free version but switching to the Pro (paid) version has been worth the price - the ability to sync with my android app is amazing.

Pros

I've tried all sorts of productivity apps and I keep coming back to Remember the Milk. It's simple and yet robust - has a lot of different features (tags, postpone, priorities, subtasks, colours, smart lists, locations, etc). Highly customizable.

Cons

I wish it would have a calendar integration with Google Calendar - that's the only thing that's really lacking.

Amazing Task Manager!

Remember the Milk has been great from a professional sense. It will continue to be a tool I use in my career and might even be something I implement in my personal life.

Pros

Remember the Milk is extremely easy to use, but still holds all of the functionality needed to be a great task manager. It's easy to assign to coworkers and check off completed tasks.

Cons

You know it's a good program when the most frustrating thing about it is that there aren't more background options.

Best Task Management Tool

Pros

I have loved Remember the Milk for years. It is my go to tool for managing my to do lists. It is easy to use and has great mobility connectivity. The support team is also always there to help you with anything you need, anytime

Cons

I simply wish this tool would let you have location based alerts (based on the location set on a task) on iOS. This available on Android, but not on iOS

Catchy, refreshing name and easy to get up to speed

Pros

I like the smart lists and creating them by pulling certain keywords in. You can add time estimates, add location, add a start date, add a list tag. It’s neat that you can enable offline work. The keyboard shortcuts come in handy. You can make the navigation column menu disappear to increase the task creation workspace. There’s a desktop and mobile app, and it offers integrations with a variety of apps.

Cons

Subtasks are a premium feature yet it’s a basic feature in my opinion. You can’t stay organised without breaking tasks down into subtask. However they need to make a living and I understand that they can’t offer all the golden apples under a freemium plan. The name of the app is quirky and appealing; it makes me think of the groceries shopping lists and crossing items out - I like that. I was just expecting a certain fluidity between completed items and items that ought to be completed still: in All Tasks, it features both completed and active tasks but without differentiating between the two. It’s a neat idea to feature both types under All Tasks, but I’d like the completed tasks to be crossed out.

Good todo software with many functionalities but some of them could be easier to find

Pros

Easy to use, easy to add new todos. There are many different types of tasks which help organise the work better and make notifications work properly. Prioritising is also a great feature. There are probably many more but I used only the free app.

Cons

It was always difficult for me to find tasks that I marked as done. Labelling is also quite problematic.

Love this product!

This software allows me to not only assign due dates to tasks, but also to prioritize them, set reminders, add notes, etc.

Pros

It keeps me on track with my to do list!

Cons

There's nothing about it that I don't like.

Overall, best to do list for my business!

I am better organized that I've ever been. I loosely follow the "GTD" method. This software make it pretty easy to implement GTD.

Pros

Love that it auto syncs between the website and app on my phone. Definitely helps me with quick access. I am a solo-entrepreneur. I don't use the delegation functionality. But, this by far has been the best task master I've used in years.

Cons

I wish I could customize a filter of my tasks (better than options provided by the smart lists) from the drop down "wheel".

Makes Managing Your Tasks Quick and Easy

The last thing I need when managing my tasks is a complicated system of clicks and fields to add. I've tested and reviewed many other task managers, but Remember the Milk is the quickest system that I've found to enter my tasks thanks to their Quick Add options. I can add everything from due date to estimated time to priority quickly, all in the same field. Once my tasks are in Remember the Milk, I can use their Smart List system to see only what I need to handle at that moment. I love that Remember the Milk is exactly what I need in a task management system, even when what I need changes (as it has many times in the 7 years I've used it). It's perfect for my personal and business tasks, all at the same time!

Pros

Easy to use Adaptable to your needs Fun Helpful team

Super Easy to Use and Remember

I use this every week if not daily. My experience has been good because the app does what I need it to do. It helps me keep reminders and mark things off my list

Pros

Remember the milk helps me segment my "to-do" lists and helps me stay organized. It allows me to check off things that I've done and keeps them so I can still see what's been done. Everything is in one place and it's easier than a bunch of of sticky notes or paper lists.

Cons

It could integrate with other software better. Maybe even have a calendar or email feature. I think it's also a little less known

A simple yet very functional to-do app

Pros

I like how it can be integrated in my Google Calendar for tasks and events. The mobile app is pretty handy too! It just works.

Cons

Sometimes my app goes offline and the desktop app crashes once in a week