Lone Wolf Back Office Logo

Back office & accounting software for real estate agencies

Lone Wolf Back Office Reviews

Suggested alternatives

brokermint
top-producer-crm
loft47

We love this software, we love the ability to add forms from multiple places, the templates are great the versioning is great upload documents with info and it’ll import data, so nice.
Over the last 4 months I have not run into any issues that I could not figure out myself or with help from the outstanding customer service Lone Wolf offers.
We love the way it populates information and for the most part user friendly. We love that it gives us an option for an Excel or PDF format.
I consider myself a tech savvy person but this software on my MAC is a constant daily struggle, I hate it with passion, I have a contract that I have to abide and its expensive.
There is way too much useless info on some of the reports that is not necessary.
The system looks like it is still stuck in the 1980s. It also is a pain to install on a MacBook.

This is the best software, that I have ever used. Easy to navigate - excellent customer support.

It makes the accounting function much easier - takes less time than other methods. The agent profile section is also very useful to keep track of the agents and their production.

Pros

Trade record information - and letter set up is very good. Also, the accounts payable portion of the programme is easy to use and very intuitive. It is quite easy to set up the different portions of the program from the agent deductions and bonuses - right through to the accounts payable and accounts receivable.

Cons

Sometimes the 'help' program does not address the problem well. Also, the online report submission has been an issue from time to time.

DS

Delia S.

BrokerWolf at a Commercial Brokerage

There is not a lot of competition out there and the few I have tried were worse, but I see there are a few more competitors and a new brokerage I am aware of is using one of the new companies. I am watching to see how that goes.

Pros

-That accounting is tied together with the deals making the financial side of things easier -Screens have same look and feel -Bank recs I like in this system -Reporting isn't bad but wish it was simpler to build what you need.

Cons

-It doesn't play well with other platforms such as Salesforce so we duplicate efforts -I don’t know why, but Lone Wolf which I will call LW going forward cannot calculate source deductions from benefits that we pay staff – RRSP’s and or health benefits, so this is something I have to manually calculate and manually fix for anyone receiving benefits (Staff only) – seems counter productive to having...

VK

Val K.

BrokerWolf

When I was hired I received no training on the accounting aspect of LoneWolf at all and I was completely new to the Real Estate industry and I was hired at an extremely busy time in the office. I still have a few things I am not certain how to clean up and am frustrated every time you need assistance so I have stopped asking. I believe that Lonewolf should offer a booklet of the most common tips to each new user.

Pros

It is simple to find information if you know what title you are looking for or have sample products. The commission feature is simple and the program is easy to use for the most part. Most of the accounting software is useful. I love the sample reports now that I have found them. The webinar I just attended was great and I took away some valuable information such as the Sample Reports for Canada.

Cons

I am not impressed with the support provided and the wait time to receive an actual response. By the time you receive a response you have forgotten what you needed and moved on. I do no like the Visa process at all. I also dislike that in order to find the cheques written from the general account you need to go the trial balance for that information. Most bookkeepers would not necessarily look there. The recordings sent after a training session are only good for however long then they disappear. I would rather have the contents sent via word document.

Hi Val! Thanks so much for sharing your feedback. It is so appreciated, and I'm really happy to hear you took away some valuable info from our recent webinar! Your feedback in regards to the Visa process caught my eye, so I've asked the support rep that was working with you to connect again with next steps. Cheers! - Rebecca

SM

Sheri M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Accounting Software that works for our small business

I have used Brokerwolf for 13 years and I never stop learning a new and better option for my work flow. Updates to the system are completed within a good timeframe. The ease of use by having menu options to follow and to have custom "Favorite Options" for a 1 click and you are at the screen you need to use. One system allows for overall Company financials or by Branch. One system that allows you to produce reports for 1 agent or mulitple agents. I appreciate Brokerwolf allowing the users to offer ideas and suggestions that will help our Company and hopefully others. I like the open forum for changes / upgrades to the system. Reading ideas/suggestions from other users from all over is a very nice feature, and I have actually learned processes from other users.

Pros

Reconciliation between Brokerwolf and Bank statements...Brokerwolf produces a screen with every deposit and check/EFT processed in the system. Comparing the Bank statement to the reconciliation is easy and just clicks away. You can use the reports created within the system or create your own reports with regards to Transactions, Listings, Outside Broker information, Agents, etc. The system produces...

Cons

The Community for which ideas and suggestions is wonderful, but Brokerwolf also uses it for fixes to the system, which as a user and client, I feel issues and fixes need to be separate from ideas and suggestions. No need for me to wait a year for an actual fix to the system that I need now. I am not sure if The Community is utilized to it's fullest potential by Companies that use Brokerwolf. I think Lonewolf as a Company, is trying too hard to work on other potential websites for their new software ideas. I understand the competition piece, but fix what is broken and then move on to your next, lastest and greatest idea....Transaction Desk.

DL

Deborah L.

Likes and Dislikes of Brokerwolf

If it were not for this Real Estate software the job of tracking Listing and Sales as well as Realtor information would be quite cumbersome and most statistical reporting would be lost.

Pros

The software is easy to use and is structured quite well for our office use. We have a small office but quite active and setting up new Realtors or Listings or Sales information does not require a lot of effort. Once information is entered into the system, the number of statistical reports available on how the company is progressing throughout the year and comparisons to previous years is numerous....

Cons

I do not like the fact that the "Help" menu to look up items does not work within the system. Also, I had requested a change to the main "Office" report which would show the e-mail addresses rather than the Fax number which is quite archaic now. I find that even though there are plenty of pre-set reports, to have a change made falls through the cracks.

BP

Brenda P.

Pretty good program, there is a few features that I find a bit cumbersome.

Pros

It is fairly straight forward when it comes to managing your listings and sales transactions. Fairly easy as it is mostly data entry based, the program does all the calculating as long as your info has been entered correctly. Support has been really good, I prefer to call rather than email support, usually I need help right away because it is usually something I need to fix before carrying on.

Cons

There is a few things I find cumbersome, I find it hard to search and find specific things I am looking for, the top titles have to be clicked on to search for a specific thing and that method is very inefficient, it doesn't always work. In a sale the commission I choose does not stay, if I choose no commission plan to enter a flat fee it always reverts back to 7/3, constantly have to fix. Little...

Real Estate,

I have been using Lone Wolf for over 14 years, this is the best real estate software I've ever used.

I learn a lot as I am using the software, in both real estates and accounting.

Pros

It's easy to use and very user friendly, everything syncs to Wolf Connect and Broker Wolf by just a MLS number and you don't have to retype most information, which saves us a lot of time. Wolf Connect allows agent to book online appointment at their end which avoids any miscommunication between the office staff and agents. Lone Wolf Community is also a great feature, support team guide you through your problems step by step by providing screen shots of how, what, where you should enter the figures/info. If your matter is urgent and you can't wait, just give the support team a call and they will resolve your problem over the phone right away. From booking appointments to deal closings and accounting, Lone Wolf does it all with no hassle!

Cons

Wolf Connect sometimes take 15-20 seconds to load up the screen during appointment booking (after I have typed in the property address), which I think the wait time is a bit too long especially when you have other lines on hold. The system should pop up the property address right after it's being entered.

CW

Cheryl W.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

This is an excellent program designed specifically for real estate

The best benefit is time saving. It also makes it just about impossible to make an accounting error which is easy to do when posting manually in ledger books.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that it is easy to use. The program itself has evolved over the years (I've been using this program on and off since 1992) but the basics are still the same. I have used other real estate/account software but Lone Wolf is the best. All the updates come to you to automatically which makes it super easy to stay up to date. Support is always available to help should I run into an issue. They even send me screen shots so that I can easily fix the issue. This program provides us everything we need to run our real estate business efficiently and effectively.

Cons

My only issue is that once you post an invoice you need to reverse it if you make a mistake in the amount, date, etc. Then when you go to enter it again it won't take the same invoice number. Which is a good thing except when it is a re-enter. I believe they are working on a solution for this.

Broker Wolf

No more ledgers, no more hand written information. Excellent reports, ease of use. Can't beat it in my books!

Pros

It is designed and perfect for the real estate industry. Everything works together within the system saving so much time. Avoids mistakes. They are constantly updating the software. There is comfort in knowing you are using the latest in technology. Very forward thinking.

Cons

There is really nothing that I can say that is a con, it suits my needs.

QUITE EASY TO USE

The software is quite easy to use - handles the complete transaction from start to end - and allows for customization in various areas (like letters)

Pros

Most of the software is very intuitive - there is a lot of support available when you have an issue. The support is in a 'Help' section, by email, video tutorials, telephone - and more.

Cons

nothing comes to mind right now. Have been working with this software for over 25 years

AP

Ana P.

Lone Wolf has made it feasible for me to handle my own accounting without hiring additional staff.

Pros

It keeps the office organized from front end to back end. I know when an agent has loaded a property onto mls and love how it feeds into the system alerting me that I need paperwork from that agent. It is not difficult to use and the training and customer service is unbelievable. I trained for 2 weeks and am able to provide my accountant with all completed year end documents. this significantly reduces...

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that there isn't a section with terminology that relates to leases. (references to Landlords and Tenants would be nice) It would be less confusing when training new staff. Same with "listing Side" and "Selling Side" (it sounds like the same thing) it would be clearer as "listing Side" and "Buying Side". Other than the terminology I really don't have any other complaints.

MJ

Mark J.

Worst Experience Ever

This has been the worst customer service experience of my life. The company is rude and dysfunctional. The software was never set up properly we spent 100's of hours trying to get it working. Finaly after 6 months of not getting any answer or solutions I canceled my contract for lack of performance and support. They never responded. I purchase new software and had it up and running in no time with no issues. Lone Wolf not only would not can cancel my 1 year contract they continued to bill me which I would not pay. So at this point after still not getting responses i asked for a full return. Today they sent it collections so now I am filling legal proceedings for full refund and damages. BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY.

Pros

I can not see anything I like about this Software

Cons

The archaic software is so dated and not user friendly at all. The customer service was either horrific or they were impossible to reach. No one would from the company would ever pick up the phone to resolve the problem or listen to the issue.

KH

Kathryn H.

Full Real Estate Solution

I have used the program since 2000 when it was DOS version. Overall it is the best Back office system I have seen. It is the only one I have used on a regular basis.

Pros

You can use it for end to end solution if you wish to purchase their full Suite. But you can also choose other solutions for paper management and still use Lone Wolf for full integration of Agent deal management up to and including paying out commissions, Staff Payroll, and A/P & A/R without using multiple programs. Good for Med size to Extremely large brokerages.

Cons

There are still some features that can be confusing to users. Updating commissions do not always flow through to updating commission splits and HST. When using on the cloud, there can be many reasons for the program to stop responding (including printing), and because there is not an internal email server, the outgoing email can stop unexpectedly, so IT has to kick the person out of the program and they have to log back in.

TD

Tina D.

BrokerWolf more Real Estate friendly than Accounting friendly

Overall I like BrokerWolf and will recommend it to other real estate firms to use. Their support team always comes through with an answer or solution to a question or problem, but sometimes they can be slow on their response or fix.

Pros

It incorporates my real estate needs for keeping track of my agents production and my accounting/finances without having to use two separate programs and having to enter my transactions twice.

Cons

The accounting portion of the software is not very flexible and can be cumbersome when trying to research or look up an older accounting entry. It would be really helpful if there was a "find" feature that you could use to look up information/notes that you put in the memo section of a check. There are a lot of real estate bells and whistles that I don't use (ex. property details, showings, etc.) and not very many accounting functions for searching for particular information by check #, memo, dollar amount, etc.

GP

Gisele P.

I love this program...

The ability to easily create a listing or a transaction from the beginning to the end.. being able to ensure that all our transaction are accurate and the ease of managing our financial accounts.

Pros

I have been working with lonewolf for the past 10years for different Brokerages, and I recommended Lonewolf to the current Brokerage for which I`m working for. I can honestly say that this is the best program for Real Estate that I have worked with over the years. I would and have recommended this product because it is easy to use, it offers everything a Real Estate Brokerage needs to run effectively. I especially like the training section of this program, as you can easily use this section without affecting your actual business accounts

Cons

The size of the screen.. I wish it could open to the size of my laptop screen.. Other then that I can not say anything else is wrong with this program

LL

Laurie L.

Accounting review of BrokerWolf

Overall I love the software, it has made our accounting very easy with all of our account payable and receivable in one place. I would highly recommend using brokerwolf.

Pros

I love the ease of the software it is very user friendly. We are able to pull reports at an instant. I use the software to pay our agents, do their 1099's, we pay all of our payables through brokerwolf, all of my bank recs are also done through brokerwolf. It is very nice to have one software that will do all of those features for you.

Cons

I wish we were able to increase the font size when we are in lonewolf. Also there are a couple of support issues I have found using the software, I have sent them to support and the fixes are not yet available.. They have been sent to the IT department I wish those could be addressed quicker.

VG

Vivian G.

Real Estate, 51-200 employees

I find Lonewolf Brokerwolf a very user friendly program with a multitude of reports and stats

Pros

Ease of moving from one menu to another allows multitasking. We are constantly asked for information from our agents while we are working in other areas of the program. If we had to close our current window to assist our agents, this would greatly slow down our response time to the agent as well as our own work load. The support help menu is quick, easy and a response is received very quickly.

Cons

I find that there are so many reports and stats to choose from that occasionally we can't zero in on the report for the info or stat we are seeking. Short of going into each report and viewing a sample before we find the one we need it can sometimes take a long time to locate the report needed. The reports are excellent though, once found.

BC

Barb C.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

I love the LoneWolf program. As the only Administrator in the office it is incredibly beneficial.

I am certain that if this office did not have LoneWolf software, we would have to have a minimum of one more employee. Personally, peace of mind for accuracy, quality and speed.

Pros

I like that everything is easy to use and to find. Everything is basically at your fingertips...whether it be for deals, accounting, or reports.

Cons

Sometimes the changes are unnecessary. I was just asked to make my UserID and password the same for all and have not been able to use the same ID and password yet. Usually one works, but another. Small things like that can be frustrating.

Hi Barb, It¿s the little things, like hearing we¿ve made your daily workload much easier, that make us so proud! We¿re so happy to be apart of your day-to-day operations and supporting your business. Thanks for sharing your experience! -Rebecca

CM

Colleen M.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Lone wolf has been a dependable Real Estate Management System for our Brokerage.

All in one real estate management system with many features including transactions and accounting functions.

Pros

The Lone Wolf system is an excellent replacement to the previous outdated software that our Brokerage was using. It is an all in one system for real estate transactions and accounting that puts all aspects of our business in one place interconnecting the real estate transactions with associate receivables and accounting package. It compiles all the information needed to supply our accountant with the necessary information to prepare our year end financial statements and tax returns.

Cons

The software, although easy to use most times, can have confusing inputs that are difficult to reconcile with each other.

LR

Lisa R.

Hello

Pros

I only use broker wolf to make sure our listings and photos are in there and to add details for the listings. When the softwear works, it works great.

Cons

BW looks like very old software from the 90's. Takes just a bit to load. The double sign in with 2 log ins. Somethings i have noticed in 1.1 when editing the listings in the details tab, some are check boxes and some options are circles you click. You can not erase the answer when it is a circle choice answer. You have to go and delete all the marked boxes and start over. (EX: Look at the difference in the Basement, Fireplace Count, Garage count, Sewer type, Style of home, Lot Size ect...). Information of the listings transfers could be faster sometimes.

BC

Bonnie C.

I've been using Lonewolf for many years and love the support I get when I run into problems

Pros

User friendly and reminds you if you miss items. I also like the way it flows when completing listings and sales. How its set up to enter in Fintrac as well as the types of listings and sales. I also like the support and the screen shots that show exactly where to go and how to fix it.

Cons

Its hard to find things in the search option. When I'm looking for a specific topic, and I do a search the topics don't really pertain to what I'm looking for. I like the support that we can send in the questions/challenges through request form, but I also think sometimes doing it this way and not over the phone creates miscommunication and it takes longer to get the question resolved.

TA

TERI-ANNE P.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

I have used lonewolf for almost 10 years. It is very user friendly, and a good program to have

It is very efficient and works very well in the real estate business. It is very user friendly, and easy to learn.

Pros

The lonewolf program is very self- explanatory. I find it extremely user friendly. When I have had any questions, the wolf team is always knowledgeable and quickly answer my questions so I can get back to work. I find it is very efficient and a helpful program with its prompts.

Cons

I am still getting use to the Community. I had once suggested colour in the dashboard, and at that time I did have a dashboard. Now at this office we are hosted, so we do not get the option of a dashboard. I would like to still be able to have the dashboard even tho we are hosted, and in colour!

LO

Lori O.

brokerWolf Software user

I love that brokerWolf has everything you could possibly need in one program. Can't wait to see our office go paperless also and then our system would be complete!

Pros

I like that this software knows that you might be posting something in error and asks you if you are sure this is what you want to do. It even tells you what it thinks the posting should be. This is a great feature for new users when you can't always be looking over their shoulders.

Cons

In the beginning if there was an error made sometimes the correction of it is was a long process, but support is great and once you understand what to look for when someone has made an error it is easier.

MP

Marie P.

Real Estate, 11-50 employees

Excellent real estate software.

This product keeps company updated, knowing exactly where payables and receivables are in payment schedule.

Pros

Easy to use; from very beginning, staff were easy to understand, training was excellent; continually upgrading to meet demands of customers. Would strongly recommend product.

Cons

Haven't had any concerns; if there is anything to work on, it would be to respond quicker to requests. Have had to call on a couple of items when e-mails weren't responded to in a time sensitive issue.

Thank you Marie - we truly appreciate your recommendation. We¿re so happy to be apart of your day-to-day operations and supporting your business. Thanks for sharing your experience! - Rebecca

AB

Allen B.

Review Of Broker Wolf Software

Overall, I think the software is great and their support is second to none! I would highly recommend Broker Wolf to any real estate business.

Pros

I like the fact this software is very adaptable to every real estate deal as there are many different types of transactions in this business. The software manages all accounting functions for the business including the billing for our agents, accounts payable, general ledger, bank reconciliations, and holds all the documents for each transaction. The reports available in the software are quite comprehensive, everything you need and more.

Cons

The software is not the easiest to learn as it is different from many other software platforms I have used. Training someone to know this software takes some time. The support when you have a question is excellent. I had 3 days training then support taught me the rest! I cannot say enough about the excellent support this company offers!