Moz Local Logo

Local SEO and reputation management tool

Moz Local Reviews

4.4

Rating criteria

• Likelihood to recommend8.21/10

Reviews by rating

Suggested alternatives

uberall
birdeye

The user community is great and helpful. Moz is the source for the latest trends in SEO, so when you're just getting into the industry there's not a better tool to use.
It's help me to search keyword traffic easily. Get insights to help for attract quality links.
The disadvantage is the lack of understanding of the first try.
Data was poor or non-existent for Canada (as of late 2021).
Lack of data on keyword search volumes and some inconsistent keyword volumes that seem much lower than the ones reported within other keyword research tools.

Alfred O.

Writing and Editing, 1-10 employees

Commendable tool for SEO

As a content writer, I tried several SEO tools like SEMrush to do keyword research for my website and for my clients. But I switched to Moz pro when I realized it offers many SEO features like site crawl, link building, and competitors’ analysis. And the good thing is, it offers technical SEO training for those with little understanding of technical SEO. I used it to crawl my site and realized the issues affecting my website. I was able to improve the site performance and my rankings exploded in real-time.

Pros

The tool helps in the keyword research process, SEO audit, and competitors’ analysis for keyword ideas and more opportunities for link-building outreach.

Cons

I enjoyed all the features of this software. And because my understanding of technical SEO was little; I was overwhelmed with the kind of data is pulled. To understand the whole thing, you need to go for technical SEO training on their resource section.

Thanks for the review, Alfred. Fantastic to hear that you were successful in improving your site's performance and rankings. That's what we like to hear! PS. Just to note, looks like this review is under Moz Local instead of Moz Pro.

The Only Part of Moz that is Better than SEMrush

Not very good in Canada (as of late 2021). We very quickly removed that portion of our subscription.

Pros

Great data, helpful notifications, easy to assign tasks.

Cons

Data was poor or non-existent for Canada (as of late 2021).

Thanks for the review. Sorry to hear that data for Canada was an issue, I'll share this feedback with our team. We'd also love a more detailed description of this issue, could you please email us at help@moz.com for details.

TW

Tom W.

Not the software for me

Pros

easy to navigate and easy to set up projects to get going

Cons

I feel this lacked a lot of features compared to SEMRush and also limits to projects and scans, which i was constantly hitting

Thanks for your review, Tom. If you would like to provide us with more detailed feedback, please email us at help@moz.com. Regardless, we wish you the best of luck in all things SEO!

Muneeb K.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Ideal tool for keyword research and PPC campaign planning

Pros

Moz Local has helped me boost the ranking of local listings for my client. It helps me track position changes and target high-impact search queries.

Cons

Moz local provides a good service but it can be very expensive if you're not using it for a bundle of clients.

Thanks for the wonderful review, Muneeb! Happy to learn that Moz Local is helping to boost your local listings.

Joseph D.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Useful tool for local seo

Moz Local is great for local SEO but no better than SEMrush. I preferred SEMrush for keyword research, rank tracking etc, therefore its all under one roof. If you are focused on helping just local clients, Moz Local is a decent tool to use and also affordable.

Pros

I found Moz Local useful for adding clients to local listings. I certainly works best for organizations in the US, UK and Canada. In terms of getting NAPs consistent throughout the web, this is a decent tool to use.

Cons

As I said it works best for business listings in US, UK and Canada. Outside of these countries, not so much. This is available in SEMrush also and rather than using a lot of tools, I just use SEMrush to save time.

Thanks for your review, John. Great to know that you found local listing management useful with Moz Local in the NA region & UK.

Nadin T.

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Moz local - a good alternative to try for citations

Pros

After trying other citation options, we tried Moz Local to add the business to different local directories.

Cons

It's a subscription model. Not sure why there is an annual charge for a one-time directory submission? Alternative options have a one-off charge.

Hi Nadin! Thanks for the review. We have monthly and annual plans and most of the plans offer review management which is an important part of managing your business' reputation online. Solid review management not only drives more business but can also impact your rankings and visibility.

Ricardo S.

Moz Local For Citation Building

My experience with Moz local is middle of the road. I don't mind using it but they really need to work on a better layout. It just seems outdated. I've seen way better dashboards for SEO tools.

Pros

I'ver been trusting the Moz brand now for over 7 years. I find their products and Whiteboard Fridays with Ran to be very useful when conducting keyword research and doing local citation building. I am a current ongoing customer of Moz Local and use it to help boost citations and local listings for my clients. In the past year they recently made changes to their dashboard and how you upload your business information. The portal used to be very confusing and had minimal field to fill out and submit. What I like now about moz local is being able to track my clients local SEO score and find NAP inconsistencies across well known aggregators and other trusted listing sites. They now have better options to upload images, content and reporting tools within ML to help track their progress.

Cons

What I do not like about ML is the layout and how you upload data and business information. I find Yext local white label for agencies with a big budget to be much better than ML however since MOZ focuses more on SEO and is known in the industry to be a good source of content, I stick to Moz local to help boost my local citations for my clients.

Thanks for your review, Ricardo! Exciting to have you with us for so many years! We're glad to know that you find Moz Local and Moz's content so helpful! I've shared your feedback on the layout and uploading with our team.

James P.

Marketing and Advertising, 1-10 employees

A good platform for the price.

It has been good. Nothing to write home about but good none the less.

Pros

The citation builder is the most important feature for me.

Cons

Lack of understanding of what you are signing up for. We have a different amount of citations for each location and if you put you don't serve people at your location expect 10-16 citations for the money you paid.

Thanks for your review, James. If you have any questions about Moz Local, feel free to reach out to our Help Team at help@moz.com.

FM

Flossie M.

Consumer Services, self-employed

Great free tool

Love this free tool! Has made a huge difference for my parenting blog.

Pros

Although you need a paid plan to really maximize using the Moz SEO tools, I have figured out how to maximize the data I can glean on ranking keywords just using the free tool, and that data has had a measurable positive impact on post performance/traffic/ranking keywords on my site over time.

Cons

Until you figure out how to configure the different options for what segment of your ranking keywords you're looking at, being limited to only 50 in a given category (esp. now that 2 solid years of using Moz has brought my number of ranking keywords from barely 500 to over 3x as many as that) is frustrating. But there are ways to mitigate for this.

JW

Joe W.

Used monthly for 6-12 months

Give Moz Local A Try

Pros

I love how much time I save by using this instead of trying to work on these business listings manually!

Cons

The only con I have is that the cost is pretty high. But still better than the cost of doing the work yourself.

WZ

Wangnin Z.

Computer Software, 11-50 employees

Moz local reveiw

Easy use logiciel

Pros

It is a software that helps a lot in the process of keyword research. With useful notifications, it is easy to set up projects.

Cons

For me, the only problem is the registration process, which is not very easy to understand.

Thank you for the review, Wangzin!

LA

Lauren A.

Used other for 1-2 years

Effective and efficient tool for your online business

Pros

We have used their premium package and greatly benefited from their local SEO tools, including local listings management. The listings alerts are super useful when getting notified about any edits to our local listings. We've also taken advantage of their reputation management tool to improve how the business is viewed online. Overall, we have gotten positive results using Moz Local.

Cons

Would be beneficial if we'd be able to respond to reviews directly from the dashboard.

Hi Lauren, thank you very much for your great review and feedback on the review responses - I will pass it to the team for consideration!

Mohammad A.

Marketing and Advertising, 51-200 employees

Moz Local is one of the most popular local SEO tools on the market.

Overall, Moz Local is a great tool for businesses that want to improve their local SEO listings. The software is easy to use and has a variety of features that can help businesses improve their online visibility.

Pros

Moz Local is a powerful tool that can help businesses improve their local SEO listings. The software is easy to use and has a variety of features that can help businesses improve their online visibility. One of the best features of Moz Local is its ability to track and monitor your listing progress. The software will track your listing progress and provide you with reports so you can see how your listing is performing. Another great feature of Moz Local is its ability to help you manage your business information. The software can help you update your business information and ensure that it is accurate across all of your listings.

Cons

There is no such thing as a Moz Local Tool. But I think they can offer more flexible pricing packages.

Thanks for the great review, Mohammad! Great to know you find Moz Local easy to use and useful in managing local listings and improving your business' online visibility.

CY

Carlos Y.

Internet, 11-50 employees

best Moz review

Pros

The software is very easy to use with user friendly and understandable interface. It allows better monitoring of data for its referencing

Cons

I have not encountered any problems with this software, I highly recommend

Thanks so much for the wonderful review, Carlos!

Victoria M.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Pros

First of all, the dashboard is quite easy to use and you get weekly reports, which is quite beneficial for tracking purposes. When we were first starting out with this product, we faced a few problems and the customer team was there to help all the way. In fact, all our queries were responded to almost immediately, and they always followed up afterward. When setting up, you will be required to answer a few questions. That way, getting started is very easy and as mentioned earlier, the dashboard is user-friendly. As a result, it’s easy to understand everything. As soon as the installation has been completed, you won't have to do anything else except watch for status updates.

Cons

Although installation is easy, it may take some time to get started. This is because some of the network updates may take literally forever before completion, and some never get updated at all.

Hi Victoria! Thanks for the review. We're happy to know that you find Moz Local user-friendly and helpful with your listings management.

MS

Miloni S.

Information Technology and Services, 11-50 employees

Very useful app to manage local SEO

I am really happy with the Moz Local app that has helped me to manage local SEO projects for my clients.

Pros

Really amazing app to audit and optimize local SEO of businesses. The intuitive dashboard is really helpful that provides complete updates on listing on various social media apps and listings.

Cons

Sometimes, the review sentiment recognition may fail in case of languages other than english. I really want the team to work upon it.

Thank you for the review, Miloni! Great to know that you like the dashboard and find Moz Local helpful in auditing and optimizing your local SEO. Thanks for the feedback on the review sentiment recognition, we've shared that with our team.

CK

Cedric K.

Banking, 51-200 employees

Moz local

Pros

This software helps to easily navigate and set up projects to get started

Cons

The disadvantage is the lack of understanding when you register which is a real pain

Thanks for the great review, Cedric! Happy to know you find Moz Local easy to use. We've shared your feedback on registration with the team.

JW

Jane W.

Used monthly for 2+ years

Great platform for listings management and SEO

Pros

I do in house marketing and create SEO strategies for the company I work for. Overall, Moz Local is my effective and efficient solution content marketing, link analysis, and SEO. The features I find the most valuable include: On-page SEO audit & recommendations Keyword research tool Moz toolbar Backlink analysis Competitive analysis Business listings management

Cons

Some keyword volume inconsistencies with other comparable tools and some business listings take months to update.

SJ

Samantha J.

Consumer Services, 11-50 employees

Fantastic platform for business listings management

Pros

When our company changed addresses, we used Moz Local. We've set up the dashboard and indicated that we changed addresses in the listings update tool. Moz Local saved us a lot of time by auto-updating all of our old listings quickly.

Cons

Steep learning curve for a beginner but once you get a hang of it, it will become easier to use.

Thank you for leaving this great review, Samantha! We appreciate it and are happy to know it was such a time saver using Moz Local to update your listings.

AG

Ariane G.

Great Mid-Tier Product

Pros

Moz Local lets you update business details throughout the year and pushes that information out to local data aggregators, making a website URL or business hour change pretty easy to roll out.

Cons

They are pretty limited in their range of available directories to choose from.

Thank you for your review and feedback, Ariane. We'd love to know more about the directories you'd like to see included in Moz Local. Our Help Team is always listening and providing input to our product team. If you'd like to send us more feedback you can reach us at help@moz.com.

AS

Antoine S.

Construction, 501-1,000 employees

Used monthly for 1-2 years

Real good, but pricey to get the full potential

I'm currently using both Moz and SEMrush, but I got to say, Moz has a big lead with features like site crawling, link building, etc. You can really improve your overall SEO with this software!

Pros

It helped us analyze the most important keywords for our industry. You can really get the long-tail keywords and take advantage of them.

Cons

The software can get expensive when you have many locations like our company, which sell products in North America.

Hi Antoine! Thanks for the great review! Glad to know you're enjoying the tools and are ready to recommend them.

KP

Khushbu P.

Information Technology and Services, 201-500 employees

Makes local citation management easy

Pros

Moz local is really easy to use and manage the local citations for a proper NAP format. The tool also offers an intuitive interface for the local rank tracking and review tracking Its integration with Facebook and other paltforms is truly seamless

Cons

The notification function malfunctions in some of the cases.

Thanks for the review, Khushbu!

SW

Sandra W.

Used other for 1-2 years

Local SEO at your fingertips

Pros

With an easy to use dashboard and the MOZ toolbar, it offers a comprehensive number of tools such as SEO keyword generator, onside auditor and link analyzer. The keyword research tool stood out the most as it is the most vital tool. The software is pretty affordable comparing to its competitors.

SC

Sam C.

Good local directory feature

Pros

Used Moz Local to add citations to local directories. One off price as opposed to other monthly alternatives

Cons

Can only be used for locations with physical addresses, not online businesses

Thanks for the great review, Sam!

MD Rafiul I.

Computer Hardware, 1-10 employees

For data management in the business, this tool is good

Pros

Moz has a great dashboard that is very easy to use. Each week, the dashboard will show you the results of the networks it's monitoring. This allows you to quickly see if there are any changes or problems. The dashboard is also very helpful because it makes it easier to understand complex information. By displaying results in a visual way, it eliminates the need for deep reading and understanding. It'll ask you a few questions during setup, which makes getting started incredibly simple. The dashboard takes care of the rest once you provide the information.

Cons

When we turned on Google Sync, there was a problem with Moz Local, which was really annoying. Nevertheless, by discussing the problem with their support team, we were able to get it resolved.

Thank you for the review! Glad to know you are happy with your Moz Local experience and find it easy to use.