NordVPN Reviews

Pros

One of the best VPN provider in the market with too many country options and each of them with good connection speed. Also, privacy is taken care of.

The no-log policy makes it great for those who are security-minded. The interface is great, and they have improved it tremendously.

LS

Luke S.

Nord offered me a great free trial period to make sure I liked its features. Not every company does this and I was impressed enough to use it regularly.

PM

Phillip M.

Cons

Only thing I hate on any software is having to do the updates. I understand the need but it's still frustrating.

Software update on Apple device may fail with "unable to download" for weeks. Not sure how to fix that unless you are ready to install it manually downloading the package from their website.

Aleksandr S.

Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually. NordVPN software may literally kill your network connection after you disconnect from their service.

Aleksandr S.

How would you rate NordVPN?

HC

Hanny C.

Engineer

Construction, 10,001+ employees

Excellent Features. Not Always Reliable

Transcript

Hanny: Hi. My name is Hanny. I'm an engineer. I'm leaving this product a four out of five star review....

Great Security for a reasonable price

Transcript

Joe M: Hi, I'm Joe, and I am a VP of new product development, rating this NordVPN product about four...

The Most Secure and Fast VPN service.

Pros

NordVPN has numerous servers around the world which make their VPN reach high levels of speed. They have the best live support and their network security is top-notch. their pricing compared to other VPN services is better.

Cons

User experience during authentication is not very great. I have not detected any flaws in their service, except making their apps available in more languages

Nord is the VPN you need!

NordVPN has really been helpful. It has also helped me secure my information while browsing the internet.

Pros

What I like most about NordVPN is that it is fast and safe when compared to other VPNs which could sometimes be really slow and frustrating.

Cons

What is dislike most about NordVPN is their customer service which takes a life time to respond. Also, I wish I can use it on multiple devices.

It's really slow, But easy to use

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use with its simple interface. It also has very friendly customer service. They are always ready to help you out. It gives you access to more than 5000 servers.

Cons

I'm frustrated with how slow the connection is. I've been a member of NordVPN for a very long time now and it has been frustrating. I've tried connecting on different devices and it is no different.

The online security you need.

Internet security is a big deal in this day and age, more especially for those of us who work remotely and spend the majority of our day online. Nord gives me peace of mind knowing my PC and web surfing are secure.

Pros

It is very safe and very fast. Other VPNs I have used were very slow or created an unbearable lag.

Cons

I wish I could connect more devices. Other VPNs offer unlimited connections.

Nord vpn: Privacy you can depend on

Easy to set up, I always remember to turn it in (which was a big problem with my previous con software). Is designed so that no matter how computer illiterate you are you can successfully operate this program. Also, the customer support was amazing!!!!

Pros

I don’t have to have the government or other websites track me all the time, anytime I’m online!

Cons

I’m terms of the price it could have been a bit cheaper but it is still overall a good value for the money

NordVPN for a Engineering Student

Overall this is one of the best designed software which I ever use. User interface is very easy to get familiar. The functionality of the software is outstanding and it was able to fulfil my every requirements which I expected from the VPN service. I highly recommend this and you can try the trial version first if you want. But I recommend to buy the pro version and you will not regret with it.

Pros

When I was doing my final year research, I had to access some websites and software which not available to my region. Therefore I had to find out a reliable and secure VPN service. There are lot of free VPN service apps are available in the internet. But most of them are scams and unsecure platforms. Those use to expose over valuable personal data to the other parties and most of the time end up with...

Cons

This is well developed reliable soft wear in the market to get unlimited VPN service just for few price. Therefor I haven't any cons in this application. It was able to fulfil my every requirement with 100% satisfaction. I have good confident about it reliability and the security. The application is very easy to get use with it

Affordable, doesthe job, most of the time

Pros

It is really easy to implement due to the extensions and software, the kill switch works amazing and has a lot of server to choose from, the speed is good

Cons

Upload speed is awful, sometimes works good but the rest is sometimes impossible, not a big issue for web browsing but uploading files to the cloud can freeze for long periods of time (hours) having you to reset your connection

An efficient and secure VPN

NordVPN is a very secure and efficient VPN that I absolutely love. The VPN helps me to surf the internet safely since it hides my IP address and prevents cyber-criminals from gaining unauthorized access to my personal information. Moreover, the VPN does not store any of my data such as IP addresses or bandwidth usage. Therefore, NordVPN is a software that I can trust.

Pros

I like that I can safely surf the internet since the VPN hides my IP address. As a result, I am protected from cyber-criminals who may try to steal my personal information or sensitive company data at from my computer at work. Moreover, I like that NordVPN does not store my data such as traffic logs, bandwidth usage or IP addresses. Consequently, I feel very secure when I use this VPN, therefore, I have used this application at home and work. Lastly, NordVPN provides users with a myriad of servers to choose from, which is excellent.

Cons

Sometimes NordVPN takes a while to connect to certain servers which can be a bit frustrating.

Dependability the way you'd expect

Overall NordVPN has been a great experience. I am especially impressed how fast connections are established. It only takes a second or so to connect to a server or switch to a new one. Once connected NordVP seems to just work.

Pros

Like many VPN apps I have used in the last years NordVPN was easy to install, set up and use. There are many servers in lots of countries to chose from and the connection is established fast.

Cons

On the Mac I realized sometimes (I think after the Mac has been asleep) the VPN connection is interrupted, meaning you do need to double check from time to time if you are still connected if you are planning to use the VPN tunnel at all times.

Best Worthy VPN

I am Using NordVPN mostly to use streaming services and that requires a good connection. It has never disappointed me so far

Pros

Most VPN I have used so far, seems laggy, with issues with bandwidth and disconnecting regularly. But when I moved to NordVPN it was great in all aspects. connection speed is high and stable as well.

Cons

So far I haven't come across anything that made me concerned.

An affordable VPN

It's an excellent VPN and is honest for its price.

Pros

Friendly interface, Kill Switch (it cuts internet when not connected to VPN), 5500 servers worldwide, works in desktop and mobile. NordVPN has a very competitive price and frequent updates. You'll have split tunneling, which means you can optionally choose which apps use VPN-protected connections. Onion over VPN for enhanced privacy and anonymity - that goes slow, of course, but onion goes slow by its structure. Some less popular functions are still included, like custom DNS or invisibility on LAN, and there is an option there to block ads and malicious websites. I didn't use that last one, but it might be tricky as it is unclear how it works, so I have it disabled.

Cons

Russia is out. They have 5500 servers, as they say, but there is not even one in Russia. Not everybody needs Russia; however, it's not there. Sometimes it's not connecting automatically on computer startup. However, if you have the kill switch enabled, it's not connecting until you enable it manually, so you're protected. 2- The Split tunneling seems that doesn't work with all apps. For example, I...

Great vpn packed in somewhat troubled software.

It is ok. Reinstall it manually, write down the full set of packages it require for work (affect Win and mac only, mobile devices are fine to the best of my knowledge). use their DNS as an alternative to public DNS and especially (!) to the dns provided by your network providers, they are always full of ads and unwanted redirects. Take a look at their password manager. It is not quite clear why to use them instead of free keypass but who knows, may be this is what you are looking for.

Pros

A lot of endpoints across all the world. Clients for Win, MacOs, iOS, Android. Very intuitive and reach options, you may choose the tunnel type you want. Number of supplement software: password manager, cloud encryption, secure dns. As far as I noticed NordVPN goes very easy on the battery which is very important during the trips. NordVPN team puts a lot of efforts into making the exit nodes "clean",...

Cons

Well, on a flip side - there are a number of issues with the software. First of all, it is not quite stable. While session being established last until you switch it off, the application itself may just stop to connect, out of nowhere. Reinstall may not help. Appears that NordVPN install some additional packages that should be reinstalled manually. NordVPN software may literally kill your network...

Digital world and privacy

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Pros

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Cons

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

Pros

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones...

Cons

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients. Finally on the...

Pros

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success. Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all...

Cons

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Simple, Effective & Private

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Pros

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for: 1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity 2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose 3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection 4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security 5) Options for routing...

Cons

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Why I choose NordVPN

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

Pros

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because: 1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results. 2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly 3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS) 4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

Cons

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country. Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal. It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Pros

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Cons

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means). Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

A Must Have!

The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Pros

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when...

Cons

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Security while traveling

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

Pros

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

Cons

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Best and Cheapest VPN

Pros

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously...

Cons

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

A great option for both protecting and securing yourself on the internet.

My overall experience has been great with NordVPN. I am still a fan and continue using it. It offers a lot of features and their support is great as well! A lot of new features are being added, so I really like the good results that I have been getting from them! I also like that I have the option to install the same on my phone and other devices as well.

Pros

I like that I have the option of choosing multiple server locations! Being a tech person, that comes really in use! It has a really handy windows application as well! I also love that it uses the latest technology out there, so my data is actually safe!

Cons

I have noticed that sometimes the interface on this is a bit slow. It is a bit more expensive than other competitors as well, and not all servers have the best speed.

NordVPN help me to protect my digital footprint

This VPN is outstanding and it has achieved everything it promised in terms of a VPN. I use this app on a personal level, and it allows me to visit web pages in other states that are not available in my own country. It also allows me to watch Netflix from the United States and the United Kingdom in my own region. It has also aided me in my professional and personal endeavors.

Pros

I've been using this app for quite some time now, and I believe I can safely claim it's fantastic. I had used some free VPNs before buying this app, but they were ineffective and slowed down my link rates. Since I've had NordVPN, my link speed has been constant each time I use the app. The software also has a huge number of servers all around the world, which comes in handy if you want to stream Netflix or other apps in different countries. The NordVPN customer service team is also quick to respond and will guide you through any issues you may have. It is also quite user-friendly, simple to use, and fast. It can also bind up to five computers at the same time.

Cons

To be honest, I have no complaints or critical remarks about NordVPN. I've been using this app for a long time, and they've always achieved everything they promised in terms of a VPN. I don't have any complaints about NordVPN right now.

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Pros

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Cons

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Essential tool for travelers

Really excellent. They usually have a promotion to get a multiple year deal. This is often the most economical way to get the service over the long term.

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use software to protect your privacy online. Once installed you can easily encrypt all your online traffic via a variety of different servers in different countries and different protocols (Double VPN, Onion over VPN). You know that once enabled none of your traffic will be tracked by the network you are on or somebody trying to sniff your logins/passwords on unencypted public...

Cons

Routing thru an additional VPN layer can slow down connections, but most servers are fast, and if you get on a slow one you can easily switch to another server/country to try and get faster service. Initial connection on PC can be a bit slow (20-25 secs). Not sure why. iPhone app connects within seconds to VPN server (5 secs).