NordVPN Reviews

NordVPN

VPN cloud security service

NordVPN

Review Summary

Pros

It is by far the best on the market but can be improved by making it more stable and addressing issues related to their main qualities, protection, and simplicity.

Diego T.

Read the full review
First off this product is amazing because it unblocks site when your in a different country. The price is good for this good of a VPN and it for every platform.

alan r.

Read the full review
I feel my computer is more secure thanks to my use of NordVPN. I have recommended it to several friends so far, and I will continue to recommend it to others.

Joshua C.

Read the full review

Cons

The only bad thing I've experienced so far is that torrents are not working on every server. M not sure if that is intended or just a glitch that will be fixed.

Marko P.

Read the full review
The disadvantages of this software are that if someone stays in Malaysia their speeds are severely decreased as the general internet speed there is poor.

Shaun R.

Read the full review
The only con I can see was when their servers were "hacked. While no personal information was leaked, I feel it was not right for them to wait for so long before they disclosed this.

Brandi W.

Digital world and privacy

With AES-256 level encryption you can be granted a peace of mind a sense your secure connection away from hackers and government agency's.

Pros

When comes to privacy they is a lot of VPN clients that will promise you the world in terms of encryption and data security. Its not easy to choose which one is the best vpn client but NordVPN is one of the top clients one can choose due to the fact that its much cheaper than most software on the market compared against to the features it comes with. What i really love the most its support of online media streaming services and you can easy also configure it on most mobile devices running iOS and Android but the no brainer when choosing NordVPN will be the ability to have at least 6 simultaneous connection hence increasing the speed drastically.

Cons

NordVPN offers better discounts when you signup to a long term like for example 75% discount when you sin up for 3 years in advance, this can be bit tricky to some people because they wont want to commit to such a long period since the digital world is constantly changing. A vpn client that might be working today might end up not useful tomorrow.

Security while traveling

In general, good. As I mentioned above, I do have to pay attention to make sure it's activated but other than that, it adds a feeling of privacy and security that I really appreciate.

Pros

I started using NORD VPN while traveling a year or two ago when I realized that most hotel WIFI is not secure. I didn't want anyone accessing my financial or business information so I researched various options and decided on NORD. As far as I can tell, it works just fine. I do have to pay attention and make sure it's up and running. I also have it on my phone but rarely use WIFI on my phone outside of my house. When I do, I use the NORDVPN for security.

Cons

Not sure what causes it to "fall off" and not connect me through a secure network unless I tell it to. I'm not very tech savvy and it could be that all VPNs work this way. Today I realized I needed to update the app, reinstall and then I could once again turn it on. Since I haven't been traveling during the pandemic I'm been a little less concerned about using a VPN.

Nice product but very poor customer support and no/bad connections

Privacy and security was an issue I tried to solve. Problems with updating, slow or no internet connection and poor customer service made me look for a different solution.

Pros

The benefits of this product are more privacy on the internet, the ability to block ads and the ability to use together with Netflix.

Cons

There are two definitive drawbacks: - Very poor customer support: they do not read e-mail, provide standard replies and generally give the impression they do not care about customers - Poor connection: more then once a day I do not have an internet connection when using the app on the phone or the laptop. Changing nothing but turn off the VPN created by NordVPN always solves the problem. This problem makes the software almost unusable en certainly unreliable. The other problem is that it is not compatible with all versions of Windows 10. I contacted support for this but they could not soklve the issue and could not care less.

One of the better VPN products but not the best

Even though we have a relatively fast internet service (200Mbps), our internet access and usage speeds were substantially affected while using the VPN services. Technicians from our internet provider recommended that the Nord VPN service be disconnected unless really needed. However, when using other VPN providers we found that our internet speed was affected to a lesser degree than when we were using Nord VPN.

Pros

Very comprehensive product with a very extensive number of servers around the world to offer a very effective array of options. Great number of features available if needed.

Cons

Considering the options available for VPN services, Nord VPN is quite expensive and the use of the services can be somewhat daunting. Our experience was that regardless of which server in the multiple countries available, the service affected our internet speed quite substantially.

Tested a lot of VPN services

I have tested several other VPN services but this one seems to be the best at the moment and the best value.

Pros

- Easy to use - Security - No logfiles on a server - Works to - Bypass Geoblocking

Cons

- Sometimes some software act strange if you turn off VPN and ask again for login credentials

The Fast and the Securious

I am pretty satisfied with NordVPN, it is fast and stable and I will continue to use it, despite missing a couple of features that I would love to have

Pros

NordVPN is fast and stable. Its user interface brings privacy to every user, no matter what their familiarity with computers/networks is.

Cons

I am missing the option of port forwarding, as well as the option to choose the encryption algorithms and ciphers I want to use.

So far the best

I have tried many VPN services and this one is the best value for the price, especially if you find a sale and the number of servers just can't be beaten.

Pros

I like that they have the absolute most (that I know of) servers worldwide available for you to use. There's usually a sale out there somewhere for a really good price. I have never noticed a slow down in browsing speeds. Working for a completely remote company where I'm in charge of my own internet security, this gives me peace of mind that things are safe.

Cons

There's nothing about the product I like least. The options are second to none and when in doubt, support is there to help. SO FAR so good.

Great VPN

It is fast and reliable and responsibly priced. I like it so much that I have purchased a six year extension to my existing contract.

Pros

I travel all over the world and need to work with client data from public WIFIs. I have tried a few free VPNs, but they were all too slow. Nord has servers in many countries and is fast. In the last two years, they added even faster connections with Nord Lynx. From time to time, I read technical reviews and haven't seen anything negative about Nord spying or selling your data. This VPN is really fast and easy to use. I have it on my chrome browser, on my laptop, and on my android phone.

Cons

The only thing I have had trouble with is that it logs you out a lot after periods of not using it. It isn't much of a hassle to reenter your credentials to be able to use it again.

One of the best VPN services ever.

I used my friend's account for a year and recently the account expired but he plans to get a membership again. I have had a very satisfying journey with NordVPN. I will definitely buy it after my moneyflow gets normal after the pandemic.

Pros

NordVPN has a huge network of servers laid throughout the world which lets you change you IP address to different countries and act anonymously. Their service is very fast and reliable. The pricing is generally low at different sales and offers. The User Interface is very simple and you get adapted to it very quickly. It lets you view content libraries of NETFLIX of foreign countries without any hassle.

Cons

It's rare but the app has glitches sometimes. It shows that VPN is connected but won't actually connect.

Best value for money to get various features of a VPN

For a budget limited startup, small business or self employment it is a superb option to consider for VPN needs. Its multi platform access and unblocking video streaming makes it useful for personal usage as well.Security and privacy are up to standard to use for transferring and/or receiving confidential and private data over NordVPN. Overall it fulfill small business requirements efficiently and effectively as well as personal needs.

Pros

First thing is the affordable price with a easy to use and configure for small to medium level usage. It provides a suitable speed for accessing various sites and web apps along with secure connection. Data privacy over the NordVPN is becoming better.Specially using kill switch feature that prevents the private data from leaking out of the secure Data tunnel of NordVPN in the case that secure connection fails to establish unexpectedly.

Cons

First of all its connection speed could be increased as compared to competitors.Other improvement would be to have Split Tunneling feature support which is much required now-a-days for data security.

Nord VPN: the MVP of VPNs

Pros

The pricing plans are a big draw with this product, you choose how long you want to commit, and the pricing for each plan is more than worth the quality of the product and service received. Also the support is top of the line, offering constant live chat and a ticketing system, that is eager to help, expedient, and professional. The breadth of servers to choose from is another major draw, and the ones...

Cons

This is a product, one of those rare of it's ilk, that in comparison to it's colleague products I cannot find faults. It did everything I wanted it to in spades, and then some. It excels in every department and was development with the tenderest of care. Place trust in it's unanimous praise, and if you do experience issues, know that they will be there to quickly offer assistance any time of the day. Granted, I'm saying all this but am currently running a free trial, however I am very likely to be purchasing a long-term plan, and encourage you to do the same.

NordVPN user for 3+ Years both Professionally and Personally

Now having used NordVPN for the last 3+ years I can honestly say that we are very happy with our purchase and will continue to use NordVPN in the future. The ease-of-use has improved over the years and made using this VPN pretty quick and convenient. An added bonus over the years has been their increase of servers in countries which has helped us interact much easier with our clients. Finally on the...

Pros

Our company has been using NordVPN going on four years now. I also have been using NordVPN for my personal use at home. Prior to using Nord we had used two or three other VPNs at our company over the years with varying degrees of success. Before we decided on NordVPN four years ago we actually tested four different VPNs at the same time for 30 days before deciding on Nord. I don’t remember all...

Cons

As far as customer service goes I would like to say that we had some customer service blips in 2018 due to new employees on our part but these were quickly addressed and resolved and customer service has been great since then.

Simple, Effective & Private

My experience with NORD extends over several years. This software provides my business the ability to perform online purchases and sensitive financial transactions with little concern of compromise

Pros

This software has about everything a legitimate user could ask for: 1) Optimized Connections = Super Fast Internet Speed, not like other VPN's that will turtle-step you thru your online activity 2) Automatic Connection to the server/country/region you choose 3) Automatic Internet Cut-off if you lose the secure connection 4) An enhanced Cyber Security feature for online security 5) Options for routing...

Cons

As I am a legitimate user, I have little complaints about this software. It is plainly used to provide more secure connections for banking, email & online purchasing.

Why I choose NordVPN

I do work online (web developer) so I need a high level of security and constant protection on all my devices (phones, tablet, laptop). I also travel a lot, and I have had some negative experience with fraudulent Wi-Fi access points at the airport. I lost some money at the time, but NordVPN took care of this now and never again had such problems. The company has a good reputation and gives the best monetary results.

Pros

I work online, so VPN is a necessary tool. I have used and compared many, but my choice is Nord VPN, because: 1. Connection speed is higher. No other VPN provider could achieve the same results. 2. Fast support that wants to help, unlike some others VPN providers. Support for NordVPN solved all my problems quickly 3. A simple and convenient interface on mobile and desktop and OS that I use (Windows, Android, iOS) 4. Great price if you go for a long-term deal.

Cons

The speed of Netflix was not very high, but when I talked to customer support, they told me which VPN server would work for me, and that helped.

The VPN service that's featured everywhere and for good reason!

This software has been consistently reliable for my personal use and saved me various times. Once, because of an issue with the cable company, we couldn't watch the Olympics, so we resorted to watch an online stream without any hassle by connecting through another country. Another time, I realized I wasn't getting a fair price when watching the price multiple times for a flight ticket, so I went with NordVPN and compared from different parts of the world to get a better deal. It also happened more than once that I would want to display a website in English, but because of my current location, some websites decide to force the display in that local language. NordVPN was an easy fix in that case as you can choose to appear from almost anywhere in the world!

Pros

This is a reliable and affordable service. It logs nothing about your activity and allows up to 6 devices to be connected at the same time, which is handy to secure both home and work devices. They have servers in many countries (61 at this time), it can connect with the onion protocol, it is very secure (with AES-256 and double VPN), it can be configured with OpenVPN, it works great with P2P applications, it supports many different platforms (both desktops and mobile), the customer service is quick and efficient. It is frankly easy to set up (I have tried on Mac, Linux, Android and iOS without any issue). They even explain everything transparently in their FAQ and they have clear instructions on how to set the service on practically all types of devices that support VPN.

Cons

There really isn't much to criticize about NordVPN. I did notice that they now have even more applications available for download. There used to be no application available for Linux (even though it was fully supported through other means). Some servers were actually very slow when using my cellular connection, but this can happen with any service and a slowdown is always expected. Since they offer many servers in different countries, I was able to quickly find some servers that work in my current location.

Best and Cheapest VPN

Pros

I have been using NordVPN since 2017. I am an International Student in the UK. For my literature review, I often need to access foreign universities e-library and many of them have IP protection overseas. After using trials of some other VPN services, I have decided to use NordVPN. I think NordVPN is best and cheapest VPN provider. It is very easy to use and allows me to access the web anonymously...

Cons

The Kill Switch feature does not really work on my mac but I have not had ​any problem on my other devices. Some NordVPN servers are a bit slow but they provided many other options so just need​ to change the server.

A Must Have!

The internet is the way it should be when i am running my NordVPN. Not worried about sites tracking me. NordVPN Solved that! Not worry about ending up on some suspicious site and entering my information and being a victim, NordVPN Solved that.

Pros

Security $ Peace of mind! I use NordVPN for gaming when i am on my PC. I play professionally everyday and over the years we have some bad apples come along and start DDoS our IP Address and Just flooding my router just so they could kick me off line. I got tired of always turning off my router and waiting like 20 minutes for a new IP and just going through the headache of it all. I found NordVPN when...

Cons

At first its a little complicated to get it fully working and installed correctly but the newest version is pretty much a install and it does everything else for you. no complaints and i been using it for a long time now ..You forget you even have it on and when you start your computer up it auto starts it self so you never forget.

Essential tool for travelers

Really excellent. They usually have a promotion to get a multiple year deal. This is often the most economical way to get the service over the long term.

Pros

NordVPN is very easy to use software to protect your privacy online. Once installed you can easily encrypt all your online traffic via a variety of different servers in different countries and different protocols (Double VPN, Onion over VPN). You know that once enabled none of your traffic will be tracked by the network you are on or somebody trying to sniff your logins/passwords on unencypted public...

Cons

Routing thru an additional VPN layer can slow down connections, but most servers are fast, and if you get on a slow one you can easily switch to another server/country to try and get faster service. Initial connection on PC can be a bit slow (20-25 secs). Not sure why. iPhone app connects within seconds to VPN server (5 secs).

Safe and Secure and Seamless

I'm proud to remember to have a VPN running when I'm on a public wifi network. The pricing is great and so is its ease of use so I am happy to renew my annual subscription when the time comes. By the way, this product is excellent for frequent flyers since the company has servers all over the world and your connection is always secured on airport wifi.

Pros

NordVPN makes it very easy to connect to the Internet securely. The quick connect button makes the choice for you to enjoy the quickest encrypted connection. The Internet kill switch is a great feature to ensure that your traffic is always encrypted and not suddenly unsecured when a vpn connection drops out. The pricing is great. The availability on many phone and computer OSes is great. It's all very much great.

Cons

It takes a little while for the app and desktop client to load, but that's just a matter of patience. The company claims that there is a strict no logs policy. I haven't researched if that claim has been validated by a third-party entity or if the users are just supposed to believe that. Many people have recommended this VPN product and I am still very much in support of this product, but the validity...

BEST VPN

To summarize it's a great VPN program. Prices of it are very cheap and affordable. Even if your country blocked vpn providers NordVPN gives you a freedom with special IP's for restricted countries. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

First of all NordVPN has a lot of servers from all over the world. It has different types of servers like P2P, Obfuscated and Double VPN. I think the best feature of is double vpn because it's even more secure when you connect over two different countries.

Cons

Every time you close the app it sign outs automatically and you have to re-login every time when you enter the program. And it takes time. I think it should be fixed.

Secured servers with fast connectivity followed by excellent customer support.

NordVPN in our office let us access to those clients and distributors where our restriction is limited. Orr in other cases when we have to secure ourselves from hackers or malwares, Nord plays an important role. Even it also let us access to those websites where the restriction have been limited in order to extract necessary information from those websites.

Pros

NordVPN has enormous lists of servers for almost all the regions of every state. One can favorite their specified servers and easily uses them whenever or wherever we want to. Their double vpn service and dedicated Ip's can also be bought which infact are the major productive benefits of using Nord. Nord is also compatible with almost all the devices and gadgets. It works efficiently for windows, mac or mobile gadgets. Their pricing features are also very convenient and doesn't cost much and suits to several demands and usage.

Cons

Some of the websites tracks the location through GPS service which easily split the beans and reveals the original location and Nord can't do anything about it. Even also, while working few of my favorite servers also got losts from the servers list, so it affects my work severely.

Excellent VPN service

Excellent for being on the Internet safely and privately on Wi-Fi networks and connections from mobile devices and desktops

Pros

Military encryption capable of hiding our location and personal IP. Almost all servers in the world have a good internet speed. The Kill Switch function is a very good option to prevent data leaks in case of network interruptions.

Cons

They reduced the payment gateway and eliminated the free trial versions. The automatic software that charges monthly is very strict and sometimes rejects some credit cards.

The Best VPN Server

Overall, We recommend NordVPN as a remarkable choice for those users who wish to transfer confidential files over the internet or do not want their identity to be exposed. NordVPN undoubtedly provides better opportunities than the other VPNs.

Pros

Compatibility: Nord VPN is compatible with any devices, including Android phones, Gaming consoles, and PC. Unlike other VPNs, this VPN tends to be accessible via all platforms. User-Friendly: Nord VPN provides powerful encryption and functionality. It keeps the user's identity hidden and protected. Also, it grants the ability of manual selection of servers to its users.

Cons

Manual Selection: Sometimes VPN fails to connect to the fastest server and users have to manually reconfigure it and connect to the desired server which makes the user experience quite frustrating. Bugs: Although VPN does work like a charm at times users experience some bugs such as they connect to different European servers but end up in those situated particularly in the UK. Also, sometimes the fastest servers fail to connect and users have to reinstall the VPN to make it work properly.

NordVPN is a good VPN

So far, my experience with NordVPN. I live in Singapore and it works very well. I didn't had the occasion to try it in China yet.

Pros

- A lot of servers you can use - Ideal to get a national IP address to access catchup TV that is blocked aboard.

Cons

- If i closed my Mac with the VPN connection on and I open it back, I can't connect to internet anymore without a VPN connection.

New Approach to New World

We are new to use NordVPN and shifted from other VPN, but we like this way better than previous one. Consider it if you want to expand you SEO and Digital Marketing field.

Pros

Forget all basic features, all the VPN now has those features like speed and keeping you anonymous on the web. NordVPN, on the other hand, brings new feature of DOUBLE TUNNELING. It is basically like applying vpn over vpn to keep to relatively more secure, preventing any of you DNS or IP information to get to public. Price is also a plus point to this VPN. According to security it claims to provide, you get best in this price. Multiple device access maintenance is great and very simple to configure. Provides wide variety of server range to select for your analytical work. We recently started to use NordVPN as SEO and Digital Marketing are going really smooth with this tool and fortunately we can use same account on multiple devices saving extra as a bonus.

Cons

Some servers tend to go offline or you get disconnected frequently. Can be due to maintenance, but only for uncommon server and not servers like their flagship servers. They work flawlessly. It messes up the web pages if you disconnect the ongoing downloads or any realtime meeting stuffs, but that is to be expected.