Spanning Reviews

4.88/5 (8 reviews)

Aaron Kitto

Spanning Backup for G Suite makes backup and recovery simple.

Reviewed 2018-09-12

Spanning is easy to use and staff have access to the tool (if allowed) to recover their data without needing IT Support. It allows them to feel like they are empowered and in control and not to be embarrassed by having to ask. Being cloud based means the manual tasks of physical backups is gone freeing up time and effort to be spent in other areas.

Pros
Easy to use Secure Dependable Price Cloud Based Self Service for staff

Cons
Deleted staff backup recovery is not obvious. Weekly reporting can be a bit cryptic.

William Figg

Peace of mind.

Reviewed 2018-08-03

Pros
So our team kept losing emails. Not sure if they were accidentally being deleted or if it was a network problem but we lost many many emails and documents in google drive. So this is where spanning came in. Wonderful to have the peace of mind and I cant tell you have many times its saved my butt.

Cons
I wish it were a bit cheaper, or it would backup an entire team under one domain. like a entire google apps acount.

JP Geygan

Excellent Salesforce Backup Utility

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Backing up both Salesforce records and metadata was critical to our organization, as we've invested dozens of hours into creating a Salesforce framework and populating data. Spanning's backup solution seamlessly integrates with Salesforce and allows us to track the status of our backups and restore selected information with ease. The price was exceptionally reasonable for a small and cost-conscious organization such as ours.

Pros
Spanning is easy to use, effective, and has great customer support. One of Spanning's most valuable features is that it functions withing Salesforce, integrating very well and eliminating the need to visit another website or use a different application to check the status of and access backups.

Cons
While initial sales and setup support can be conducted via phone, ongoing support is primarily conducted via email.

Richard Tubb

SaaS needs protection -- and Spanning just works!

Used monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed 2018-10-03

I've been using Spanning Backup to backup our company Google Apps since we first migrated to that platform. Even though Google provides their own backup service, it is not intuitive and so Spanning makes it very easy for me to see when my data has been backed up, and easily restore any individual emails, files or files directly. It's very simple to set up and use, and I've found the support to be excellent. What more could you want?

Pros
The peace of mind it gives me that my Google Apps data is backed up and easily restored when I need it. The fact that Spanning integrates directly into Google Apps. The great customer service I've received whenever I have a question.

Cons
The interface might do with an overhaul -- but it's certainly very useable as is.

Vedran Šalamun

Reviewed 2018-09-13

Great experience so far with backing up all G Suite accounts (emails, docs...)

Pros
Ease of overall usage, does what it has to do. Flexible licensing, great support.

Cons
Nothing in particular. Sometimes errors appear in backup, but mostly the problem is on Google's side and is resolved in a day or two.

Likelihood to recommend: 9/10

Mayank Wadhwa

Spanning Backup savior

Reviewed 2018-12-08

The overall experience has been great

Pros
The only software used by me for backup has been spanning backup this is the best back up everyday Salesforce gsuite or Outlook

Cons
No nothing has been disappointing for me till now

Anonymous

Spanning offers the best SaaS Backup!

Reviewed 2019-05-30

Pros
Spanning was recommended to me by an associate, because I was looking for something that would work with Salesforce. I've been pleased ever since. They protect us from malware, hackers, accidental deletion, and there's no storage limitations.

Cons
Spanning has yet to let me down. Their point-in-time restore has come in handy more often than not.

Marya Carr

Great In-App UI

Used monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed 2018-10-04

Pros
It's easy to navigate the User Interface. I love that the User Interface is built within Salesforce.

Cons
I've only reached out to support once and it took a bit of going back and forth to get the answer I needed.