Unitrends MSP Reviews

Unitrends MSP

Review Summary

4.6

It Just Works

Pros

I like that there are disks and NO TAPES. It makes for very very reliable backups and restores. Unitrends is a company built on Customer Service. When we started with them, the person you got on the phone with brought the issue to resolution. Now things are different, but it does not feel like you are just a number. They really want to make sure you get a satisfactory outcome. Onboarding was pretty simple and painless. I would recommend them to everyone. In the almost 7 years we have used it, there have been very little problems. And the problems we did have got resolved. DO I wish that sometimes they were resolved differently or more quickly, sure. But at the end of the day, we did get to a resolution.

Cons

I hate when the UI changes significantly and it makes it very hard to find or do what I want to do. I wish they had their own sales. I hate going through a third party. It was so much simpler going through Unitrends for all of my needs, questions, or upgrades.

Unitrends Backup Software

Unitrends has provided the ability for fast, inexpensive, reliable and secure backups. On the few times contact with tech support was needed, they provided quick and accurate support to resolve our issues.

Pros

Configuration of the application is quite simple and having the benefit of "incrementals for ever" allows quick backups. The ability to utilize the Unitrends appliance for backups makes it very easy to upload backup data to the cloud as a secure off-site location, and it eliminates the need for high cost massive storage for on-site archival of data.

Cons

Truthfully, there is NOTHING I dislike about this software

Easy to use and quick

Pros

Very simple UI, so its easy to use. Backups and restores are very quick. Their support is top notch.

Cons

The SQL and Sharepoint backups can be a bit touchy. Sometimes takes a little extra configs for those. I wish their was better reporting storage for long term lookups

Unitrends is a Great Backup Appliance

Pros

Ease of Use. Great Tech Support! Support will be your best experience. They have the best people there. Not only do they fix any issue you have but they also double check how you've setup your backups to make sure they will successfully backup. When I took over from the prior administrator Unitrends found out for me that several of the backups were not being properly backed up. Thus I would have had nothing to restore from. I use the physical appliances and Forever Cloud with DRaaS, and a RXDA to do quarterly archives.

Cons

Cost. All devices like this will have a higher cost. Unitrends was the best price point but expect to spend money for this! Quotes were still less than the competitors!

Essential to a DR plan

Pros

Incorporating a Unitrends Cloud Backup solution in your disaster recovery plan is essential. Unitrends offers a reliable and proven solution.

Cons

No Data

Awesome product!

Pros

The thing I like most about this software is the reliability that it presents. Sleepless nights are a thing of the past while using this software.

Cons

I've not ran across any issues while using this software. I don't have any cons about this software. It just work for me.

Once you get your head around retention policies its a joy to use

Pros

physical and virtual backups all under one roof Customer service in excellent easy to navigate and informative UI

Cons

Retention policy take a but of getting used to Loosing connection to any storage media can cause corruption to all backups held on the device

Great Product, Easy to Use

Pros

Reliability and ease of use. We have been able to do full VM and file level recoveries quickly. Integrates with VM and physical mix.

Cons

Cost of product and life expectancy. Should be building products with 7-10 year life. Onboarding not very automated.