EROAD Reviews

EROAD

Review Summary

Mary S.

Charles F.

Hardware included and warrantied- While you can purchase outright, their pricing is competitive to the point you don't need to which helps to ensure you will always have working compliant units.

Joe G.

Cons

WE HAVE A FEW THINGS BUT MOST OF ALL THE ONLY PROBLEMS WE HAVE HAD HAS BEEN WITH BILLING/ INVOICING. IT IS VERY ERRATIC AND IT DOES NOT BREAK DOWN CHARGES THOROUGHLY IT IS A PROBLEM.

ANDREA S.

Inability to create reports as each company require (missing report builder option). Over-promised few options on the system but never delivered (diagnostics of truck/ showing codes from ECM).

Almir D.

In order to update a a fuel stop I missed, I have to upload a spreadsheet into the website.

4.5

Only product to consider

Overall experience was great. I really enjoyed working with the sales team, and Soona their consultant.

Pros

As an experienced business systems analyst I put several ELD products under the microscope to not only address our compliance needs but also business challenges. The ELD mandate was a nightmare for our company because we are not truckers. We drill water wells and operate 24/7. Their consultation and Customer Service was top notch. In a sea of fly-by-night companies attempting to capitalize on this new government regulation, E-Road stands out because of their many years of experience with fleet tracking in management software.

Cons

Needs a non-regulated driving mode added

We're happy our fleet management solution helped you meet your business objectives and banished the HOS compliance nightmares. We enjoy working with you, too, Nicklos! - Your EROAD Team

Unparalleled in all ways!

Pros

I in house Demo’ed 13 companies when going on our search for a new ELD system. From the largest companies to the earliest start ups. Everyone got a fair shake. I used each companies software and telemetry systems and began a 3 month research project. Long story short it literally only came down to Eroads. The user interface was simplistic with the most applicability. The software was beyond anything...

Cons

The only thing I could possible say I like the least is that a lot of the reporting factors are in 24 hour clocks versus the standard 12 hour clock we are used to. Lol. Very simple to overcome however.

Wow, thanks for the great review, Aaron! We're delighted that you're so happy with your EROAD solution. - Your EROAD Team

suitable, not spectactular

Pros

when we first chose EROAD, they were great! very supportive in getting things up and running. training videos and phone support were very helpful and my questions were always answered. the devices for the large trucks plug straight into the ECM which is super nice. however it wasn't explicitly stated that smaller trucks like f350 or dodge 5500 required a 3wire hardwire... im not an electrician, and there was no training video offered for customers to self install.

Cons

the worst part, 1.5 years into the service, the customer service has plummeted. I have a sales guy, a Bluetooth tech guy, a depo admin training guy, and a "customer success manager" which is useless, because all he does is "forward to the proper channels" - I could have saved an email and emailed the department or person I needed directly... but they want it to go through him first - complete waste of time. next, our devices have been failing left and right. weve had numerous problems with the OBDII Bluetooth connection devices in the smaller trucks.... now all of a sudden a lot of our other larger vehicles are not catching a signal or updating appropriately. trying to get any of this resolved is an act of congress

We're sad to hear your experience hasn't been spectacular, Alisha. EROAD Customer Success has reached out to you to make sure any issues you encounter are resolved fast. We're here to help. - Your EROAD Team

Review of EROAD

Fantastic, taking any software and integrating it into your operation will have hurtles. From the selection process, to roll out and training, to now years of use, EROAD has provided top notch customer service. Problems are always going to come up. EROAD has proven to be a partner in helping solve any problem even those that are clearly in our operation...not even their issue. They helped us over and over solve our own problems....that's customer service!

Pros

We had another software product prior to EROAD. In comparison, EROAD is much easier for the user to understand. Because the user can easily understand the functionality the problems in the back office went away. This alone was a huge boost to our operation and an overall cost savings.

Cons

Our business uses 3/4 ton pickup trucks. These vehicles are only part time commercial motor vehicles. The ability to quickly put the vehicle in a non-regulated status is desired. EROAD is working on this feature, once on-line it will be a big improvement for our operation.

That's why we call it EROAD Customer Success - it's more than just service or support. Thank you for helping us spread the word! - Your EROAD Team

The best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be.

I've watched many fleets struggle with ELD implementation. EROAD was smooth and easy. I can teach a driver the ELD functionality in 5-10 minutes.

Pros

I will keep this short and simple. EROAD is by far the best ELD/Tax/GPS fleet management solution out there. I trialed the top 12 providers over a period of 6 months. Not a single product was nearly as simple, efficient, and reliable as EROADs. Save yourself the headache. Go EROAD.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about EROAD's product or EROAD's team.

Thanks for the awesome review, Adam. It made our day! - Your EROAD Team

EROAD...

Pros

I love the support that comes with this software. All questions are answered in a VERY timely manner. The information provided is immense and able to be customized to fit specific business needs.

Cons

The cost can become overwhelming; however, when time savings and sheer volume of information provided is a factor cost becomes well worth the price.

Thanks for spreading the word about the ROI EROAD provides, Vivian!. - Your EROAD Team

Good Cellular Coverage

Overall, I am pretty satisfied. I will be attempting to export data from Eroad into my fleet management system soon and that will tell the tale...

Pros

The cellular coverage of this product is very good. We work in some very remote locations and have service almost always.

Cons

Custom reports have to be approved through New Zealand and aren't very easy to get. I also had to explain my need multiple times before customer support would understand and just do it for me.

Thanks for the review, Chris. Please reach out to EROAD Customer Success if you have any questions about exporting the data.We're here to help. - Your EROAD Team

Great product

I have better communication with employees since I can tell when to call them and when to let them sleep. We have better stolen equipment recovery. I can tell if our employees are in the correct locations and on track.

Pros

I don't know how easy it was to install or how much it cost but I use it every day to see where our construction workers were at during their shift. We have distinct locations or work so I can tell how much they got done by where they were at. I can tell when not to call them (when they are at their motel sleeping). We have used it to get back stolen vehicles by assisting the police with vehicle location. It is an extremely helpful tool for me just to know when I can or can't call our employees and see where they have been.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of comes to mind that is a large issue. Sometimes the mobile app is difficult to use mainly due to the size of the screen on my phone.

Thanks for the review, Marc! We're happy to hear that EROAD has helped you with asset recovery and better communication with your employees. - Your EROAD Team

Safety Review

For the portion I utilize, I find the results very useful. I can use certain screen prints to help coach drivers.

Pros

I personally use the program to monitor driver behavior. Speed, Hard Braking events, Daily tracking of drivers routes, etc.

Cons

In reports I can't just toggle back to the original page once I have reviewed a driver history, speed events, etc. When trying to print a page it only prints part of the page, not the entire record; ex- overspeed events by location, date-time, etc. If this is available I need training!

Hi Doug, thanks for the review! We're glad you find EROAD useful, especially for helping coach drivers. - Your EROAD Team

Great for Oregon based companies

Pros

I like the way it integrated with ODOT tax reporting and WMT/RUAF filing

Cons

It doesn't support multiple Oregon accounts

We appreciate your feedback, Stephanie, and are sorry you've had a frustrating experience. EROAD Customer Success will reach out to you to discuss options. - Your EROAD Team

pros and cons

Pros

- stand alone unit not a phone app - easy to use---good quality---great user manuals - very helpful support on the phone or emails however most of the stuff I have contacted them on was not able to be explained or was not option to fix or modify -----RAN out of space in the "cons" box - so heres a few more-------- - I wish the unit was a little bigger --- with all the typing that has to get input the buttons are kinda tiny unless you have tiny fingers - the small screen makes looking at some info kinda tiny- not that big of a deal but larger would be nicer

Cons

- logs my wife and I out anytime truck is off for 10 minutes-- be better for owner operators to be able to change this setting-( I can see where if it was a big company and some other driver might jump in a company truck and drive on someone elses logs if they forgot to log out) other company ELD's I have used in the past didn't do this - not able to customize anything for owner operator...

Thanks for your review, Deven. Few ELD suppliers take the security of the driver's data as seriously as EROAD does, so you don't find features like the timed automatic logout. The BoL's dropping at midnight is done purposefully to protect the driver from continuing with one in error (since it can't be undone). Please feel free to call into Support, or continue using the chat feature, for further walk throughs with our Customer Success agents. Your feedback is appreciated. - Your EROAD Team

EROAD Elog - Intial Review 4 months in after installation

From the initial conversations with my salesperson to the 30-day trial period (Trunk Stock) to their detailed on-boarding schedule and commitment to ensure that we get off to a good start, to the excellent training materials, videos and documentation this has been a wonderful experience and transition to a great telematics company who is organized, great design (and ruggedized), cares about their customers...

Pros

1. Elog- So easy to train drivers, very simplistic, logical and easy to use interface. My least tech savvy drivers picked it up no problem and rarely have any user issues or questions. I can even train Temp Drivers in under 5 minutes and they grasp it and execute per the Eroad instructions (which are great!) 2. Admin -Depot: This tool is so valuable for Safety and Dispatch. Both Elog and Depot software...

Cons

No major complaints. I am working with my designated EROAD tech rep when I come across a report that would be of use (i.e. warnings when drivers are approaching an HOS violation) or a value that i would like in some reports (i.e. ability to do a certain date range vs. daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly). Eroad always responds to my emails, phone calls and takes my suggestions seriously and even reports back to me what there future plans are and where my request was sent to and it's status. Well done! Great company producing great products and software! Blows away our last telematics company that we had!

Thanks for your terrific review, Keith! It made our day to know we got it right. We count ourselves lucky to provide great service to awesome customers like you. - Your EROAD Team

EROAD Activity review

The EROAD ELD is a great tool for driver efficiency, DOT compliance and they have a top notch support team for driver training, ELD issues and management support. The EROAD system is a very reliable system.

Pros

1. The Depot a. Activity Vehicles Tab i. Vehicles: provides an excellent map display of the vehicle groups with several map options of map, satellite, terrain, traffic/road condition and address search. Ignition on or off. ii. Truck info box: the zoom in goes down close to the immediate area of the vehicle. Today’s journey shows the route of the vehicle from start to end or present location with stops....

Cons

No dash cam option, however EROAD is working to add this option soon.

Keith, thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review. We really appreciate you being an EROAD customer and helping to share the word about us. - Your EROAD Team

All That and a Bag of Chips!

IFTA was a huge problem pre-EROAD. ELD downtime with the previous vendor was extensive. With EROAD's Ehubo2, we've only had one device go down...and that's out of 60 devices in use for over a year now. Beyond the equipment and the software, one thing stands out above all....The people behind the scenes at EROAD provide the absolute best customer service experience possible..."It's all that and a bag of chips." EROAD is the best of the best!

Pros

Simplicity and reliability...Hands down the BEST. ELD installs in equipment with ease and setting up the device couldn't be easier! Drivers don't have issues at all using the EROAD Ehubo2. Using the back-end software is even easier. The amount of data the software makes available is awesome! Couldn't ask for anything better!

Cons

If you don't learn how to filter the information the software provides, it can become overwhelming with the copious amounts of data the system provides. Otherwise, when you know what you're doing there are no Cons at all...

We have tons of resources available, including our top-notch Customer Success people, to help customers get the most out of everything their EROAD solution provides. Thank you for the review and for being a great EROAD customer, Al. - Your EROAD Team

ELD and GPS Tracking

They are very responsive through online customer support... They are very responsive back with communication as a whole!!!

Pros

GPS Tracking can be maps or satellite view with the Daily Activity and all units view... It is relatively easy to see the arrival and departure times, with the snip-it tool in windows - you can easily copy and paste into an email when a customer needs more detailed information... The ELD portion is user friendly from a reviewing POV - the tutorials and online customer support tools are very informative. Online customer support has been a dream when it appears the system is down...

Cons

There are some glitches in the developing of the software to meet every expectation... ELD in Tractors can be cumbersome to the drivers - the inability to go back further an a few days to make edits - if someone is out on vacation or a long holiday weekend - is just not available... Not all aspects of the software are interchangeable -- it's still a work in progress... HOWEVER, tech support is always willing to take things back for review...

Thanks so much for your positive review, Dani. By providing top-notch customer service, we help ensure your success. It's just part of the EROAD advantage. - Your EROAD Team

EROAD likes and dislikes

readable because paper written by drivers is not easy to read their writing. My overall experience i'm like it, I have much more to learn. I don't like not being able to help someone with problems when I don't have the answer because I don't understand it myself. I'm not as tech savy as some but I do ok for the most part.

Pros

Love easy to read, love the ability to find where a driver is , i'm sure if I had more time to give this a lot of thought might be able to come up with more things.

Cons

The malfunctions that require the data diagnostics. Drivers complain that they don't have a signal that their system malfunctions. The number one thing I hate is whenever the drivers log malfunctions the ELD gives them a message says to go to paper log. It should tell them to call Safety first, then we can contact EROAD to see if it's really not functioning properly, because they see the message & want to do paper.

Thanks for your feedback Kathleen, it's much appreciated. EROAD is fully compliant with what the ELD Mandate requires for malfunctions and data diagnostics. Your drivers should follow the instructions on the Data Diagnostics & Malfunctions Visor card that we provided with each ELD (required in each truck per FMCSA). There's further explanation and training available on our Helpsite, but we will also have one of our customer success agents follow up with you to answer any questions you may have. - Your EROAD Team

EROAD Review

We just started installing EROAD into our fleet of trucks. So far, our experience has been pleasant. The drivers seem to like EROAD.

Pros

I like that the system is reliable and driver friendly. I absolutely love the fact that it is hard wired and our drivers do not have to worry about using a phone or tablet for their logs. So far, EROAD support has been awesome! The report section is also really useful.

Cons

The dashboard is not the friendliest system to use. I would like to click on a drivers logs and see a running total for the past 8 days. I would like it to flag when a driver completes a restart. My biggest con is when a driver uses Personal Conveyance for a few minutes and forgets to switch it back to "off duty," it highlights the entire section as PC. This makes it look like the driver has been using PC for 10 full hours. Sometimes during installation, the ELD will say "system updating" or "installing new software" over and over again. It takes an extra 15-20 minutes to install every ELD while we wait for it to download the newest software.

Thanks for your review, Dario! Special drive statuses like Personal Conveyance and Yard Move are built to FMCSA specifications, which require the driver to manually add/remove them. There is a prompt asking the driver if they want to remain in Personal Conveyance mode. If the driver is ignoring or answering the prompt incorrectly, the carrier can add annotations to the log, per the FMCSA specs. We encourage you to call us at 503-305-2255; we'd be happy to go over any questions or troubleshoot any issues. - Your EROAD Team

EROAD is a great addition to our Company

I am very pleased with the electronic logging portion of the system and being able to track the vehicles. EROAD also assists us in IFTA reporting.

Pros

EROAD has given us the electronic logging that we needed to carry our Company to the next level of service. The learning curve is pretty short, which allowed us to get up and running in no time at all.

Cons

I don't get the reporting that I get from Verizon-Connect, and there is not a means of insuring that drivers log into the system. (Buzzer or shutdown mode). I would like to have some type of deterrent for drivers that do not log into the system.

We appreciate your feedback, Kelvin, and have shared your suggestion with our product team. Thanks for being an EROAD customer. - Your EROAD Team

Great product for the pricepoint

Our weight tax and mileage tracking has become a click of a button where it used to take hours to manually process. Our payroll is also much quicker as the driver logs are very accurate.

Pros

The EHUBO and Eroad programs are simple to use for any skill level of employee. Their customer support staff is always available and helpful. The reports are easy to run and are always accurate.

Cons

I wish they could run a daily location report per driver for a time period, not by vehicle only. When drivers slipseat and you want to see where they have traveled each day you have to run an individual report on the vehicle driven per day. If you could filter it by driver it would be much easier.

We're grateful for your feedback, Kyle. EROAD Customer Success will reach out to you regarding your enhancement request. - Your EROAD Team

Best product we've tested and used

My company has been on the "E-Log" system for 4 years now in one platform or another, and tested and signed on to various different companies in those 4 years. ERoad was recommended to us by our DOT Compliance Company, and we couldn't be happier. Ease of use for the driver, and prompt support when an issue arises make for a painless DOT Compliance.

Pros

The ease of use for the driver Great support team

Cons

The clearing of erroneous violations is time consuming, and requires drivers participation to complete the resolution. I believe this is mandated by the DOT, so not sure if that can be changed.

You are absolutely right that it's part of the mandate that edits to the logs require acceptance by the driver, Chris. You can learn more about that on the FMCSA's ELD FAQ page: https://eld.fmcsa.dot.gov/FAQ. Or check out some the videos on our Helpsite about the topic. Thanks for the review! - Your EROAD Team

Great Customer Service

Install was painless, If you do not need the navigate to function this is the software to use.

Pros

ELD works great. We moved from Reveal/Fleetmtics and have been very happy with the ease of use. Very good customer service, one five minute call gets you what ever you need.

Cons

We use Geofencing with Reveal Fleetmatics. I would love for Eroad to use Google maps, and have a navigate to feature. We would ditch Reveal asap if Eroad would offer this option. Currently I am using 2 systems since I can't get what I need from one or the other.

Thank you for your review, Mary. Your EROAD system has unlimited Geofencing available. You can find more info about Geofencing in our resource library at https://www.eroad.com/resource/the-art-of-geofencing/. We are always looking for ways to improve our product and appreciate the feedback on a navigate to function. Your suggestion has been forwarded to EROAD Customer Success. - Your EROAD Team

ELD and asset tracking

They are pretty good at responding to service calls but they only have west coast service hours so it leaves us hanging quite often but Overall it has been very good and the ELDs function well and are accurate and most of all our drivers like it and don’t fight tooth and nail to not use it

Pros

ELD is direct wired with no BS wireless Bluetooth garbage. System is basic but does what we need.

Cons

We would like to see more features for drilling down on our data.

We're sorry that 5am - 6pm PST Monday-Friday and 8am - 2pm PST Saturday, aren't enough support hours for your team, Don. Your people get started early! EROAD Customer Success has taken care of the Enhancement Request for more features and reached out. Thank you for the review! - Your EROAD Team

EROAD customer

Pros

This is the 3rd software company I have used at UDP. EROAD is by far the easiest to use and the most useful one I have used. The customer support is second to none. Our ROI with idle savings and the ability to track driving habits and insure our drivers are operating safely is well worth the money. Our drivers like the score card so they can see their score and it creates competition among our drivers. Very good and useful tool all the way around. The E-DVIR are greatly simplified the process also.

Cons

I have not had a negative experience with the software yet.

And it's our goal to keep it that way, Charles! Thanks for your review. - Your EROAD Team

ERoad Ehubo and Total Tax package

I love the IFTA and IRP reporting. I love the fuel mileage tracking. I like how the Ehubo counts down the time I have available before a break or the end of the day as I drive. When I first got the unit, I needed help getting things set up. Customer service was excellent. Even before the sale, the sales rep, was nice and friendly. Not pushy at all.

Pros

The hardware installation was pretty painless. The Ehubo driver interface is very easy to use, after you learn about it. Minimal input is needed on a daily basis to use the device. Features and details are easy to access and use if you need any deeper information. The online backroom software is extremely detailed. Lots of information at my fingertips.

Cons

Backroom software is maybe a little clunky. I don't use it a lot, so it sometimes is hard to follow the menu layout.

Matt - Your review made our day! We're happy to hear that you've had a great experience with EROAD from the very start. We're looking forward to helping you for years to come. - Your EROAD Team